3rd person in MW2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xkojimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 xkojimax
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts

so now that it's revealed, what do you think of it?

jimivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jimivey
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

Meh, I'll stick to 1st person. I can't imagine anyone playing 3rd person will have an advantage to 1st person players at all.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts

Meh, I'll stick to 1st person. I can't imagine anyone playing 3rd person will have an advantage to 1st person players at all.

jimivey
pan the camera around corners to c if any1 is there or not lol but i think its either all 3rd person or all 1st person, i dun really much care for it tho, ill probably b sticking to 1st person
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts

xkojimax
Very informative OP. :roll: When was this announced? Link please. Anyway, I prefer 3rd person, so if it's well done unlike Fallout 3 I might use it.
xkojimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 xkojimax
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
[QUOTE="xkojimax"]

Next-Gen-Tec
Very informative OP. :roll: When was this announced? Link please. Anyway, I prefer 3rd person, so if it's well done unlike Fallout 3 I might use it.

it wasn't officially announced, there was gameplay leaked via a leaked copy of the game, if you google '3rd person modern warfare 2' it's all over video game news sites.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#7 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

I honestly hope that 3rd person footage was just some film mode where you can film your multi0player games I' ve been dying for Infinity Ward to add that.

deadpool757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deadpool757
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

i think its the pc version from a different camera angle. i highly doubt they would do 3rd person. least i hope not.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

I honestly hope that 3rd person footage was just some film mode where you can film your multi0player games I' ve been dying for Infinity Ward to add that.

KamikazeDonut

Just saw it on Youtube and it seems to be the real thing because the player was constantly switching between over-the-shoulder view and full view every 10 seconds, plus he went right into the a game with the HUD's showing. Anyways I LIKE IT ! IT'S LIKE TWO GAMES IN ONE because 3rd person view gameplay feels alot different in games like R6V2, GRAW 2 etc...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awu4NeTCPSc

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
So is there going to be a cover system too, ala Gears of War? :lol:
clinton47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clinton47
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

um with the 3rd person view, you cant just change the view when ever, you slect third or first person for campaing and co op and with multiplayer you just either select say hardcore team death match or 3rd person team death match, you cant just change view when ever. LINK ->http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=17559

clinton47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clinton47

i take that back after watching the full vid now, but i think its kinda lame that you can change when ever :(

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DranzarTypeF

um with the 3rd person view, you cant just change the view when ever, you slect third or first person for campaing and co op and with multiplayer you just either select say hardcore team death match or 3rd person team death match, you cant just change view when ever. LINK ->http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=17559

clinton47

When I said "full view" I meant seeing all of your character, over the shoulder would be like Gears Of War...full view would be like GTA IV.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Lame. Just like that stupid Ricochet mode. I do think Ricochet is great, but it should be standard for Hardcore. You shouldn't have Hardcore with teamkillers, then Hardcore with Ricochet.

clinton47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clinton47
ah ok yeah i understood what u meant i just musnt of said it right, anyway i personally think it might ruin it but only becuase id prefer first person view more like i only play hardcore modes and having people in first and full views would be kinda of a disadvantage for first person users in my opinion
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I think it's a garbage decision. While I'm usually the guy that thinks "The more options, the better (just don't use them)", I can't seem to find a good reason for this to be added.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#17 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Some people might have great fun with it. I will probably try it for a bit, but I'll most likely end up playing 1st person most of the time.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

I think it's a garbage decision. While I'm usually the guy that thinks "The more options, the better (just don't use them)", I can't seem to find a good reason for this to be added.

Aaron89
If you usually are that guy, then why change your feelings on the matter? I'm that guy too. I may not use the 3rd person view at all, but it's nice to know that I could try it. And who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it every once in a while.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
It's been confirmed by robert bowling. You can't just switch it on and off either. It's only for use in private matches and playlists specific to 3rd person like 3rd person death match.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

[QUOTE="Aaron89"]

DJ_Magneto

If you usually are that guy, then why change your feelings on the matter? I'm that guy too. I may not use the 3rd person view at all, but it's nice to know that I could try it. And who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it every once in a while.

Honestly Magneto, I have no idea -- I guess a part of me grossly detests this decision to add it in. It almost now seems like this game has an identity crisis; a FPS in a TPS' body (or vice versa).

Who knows ... maybe I'll enjoy it more.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DranzarTypeF

It's been confirmed by robert bowling. You can't just switch it on and off either. It's only for use in private matches and playlists specific to 3rd person like 3rd person death match.nate_c-12
Now everybody can stop whining and complaining lol, anybody who bashes this feature without reading this guys post first will feel a the rath of me lol.:twisted:

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Next-Gen-Tec

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

DranzarTypeF

Just saw it on Youtube and it seems to be the real thing because the player was constantly switching between over-the-shoulder view and full view every 10 seconds, plus he went right into the a game with the HUD's showing. Anyways I LIKE IT ! IT'S LIKE TWO GAMES IN ONE because 3rd person view gameplay feels alot different in games like R6V2, GRAW 2 etc...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awu4NeTCPSc

Lol. Looks like a PC mod of the Crash map. Do they recycle stuff from COD4? 1:55 of that video is suspicious, compared to 1:08 of this video (look in the distance) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBuzt80ezp8, and anyone that knows the map will know it looks very similar to Crash. Just saying, there always has to be a conspiracy :P

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

Next-Gen-Tec

Lol. Looks like a PC mod of the Crash map. Do they recycle stuff from COD4? 1:55 of that video is suspicious, compared to 1:08 of this video (look in the distance) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBuzt80ezp8, and anyone that knows the map will know it looks very similar to Crash. Just saying, there always has to be a conspiracy :P

And then you find out Infinity Ward confirmed it on their twitter page....lol....nice try though;)

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Next-Gen-Tec

[QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Just saw it on Youtube and it seems to be the real thing because the player was constantly switching between over-the-shoulder view and full view every 10 seconds, plus he went right into the a game with the HUD's showing. Anyways I LIKE IT ! IT'S LIKE TWO GAMES IN ONE because 3rd person view gameplay feels alot different in games like R6V2, GRAW 2 etc...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awu4NeTCPSc

DranzarTypeF

And then you find out Infinity Ward confirmed it on their twitter page....lol....nice try though;)

Ah, aww...
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

jimivey

3rd person is only available in private matches and in certain game types they said.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="jimivey"]

Cloud567kar

3rd person is only available in private matches and in certain game types they said.

Exactly, its only available in campaign, private matches, and playlists.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Next-Gen-Tec

[QUOTE="Cloud567kar"]

[QUOTE="jimivey"]

DranzarTypeF

Exactly, its only available in campaign, private matches, and playlists.

Campaign? Should be interesting.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Meh, as long as the FPS game i've been waiting for is still as good as i want it i have no problem with this.

But i wouldn't count this as part of the campaign until IW has it confirmed. Watch their E3 demo and you might remember the rep saying that they like the game never to leave the first person to add to immersion.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts

You wont see me using it.