1 vs 100: Will we ever see anything like it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts

I know, I know. We have Full House Poker. I've been playing it a lot recently, and get immense enjoyment out of it. Still, its not the same as 1 v 100. 1 vs 100 was a spectacle of sorts, given the fact that it was really the most ambitious title Microsoft ever attempted. Every show felt like you were somehow linked with thousands of people in a way that you can't get in an 8 vs 8 match of COD, or a Co-Op session of Borderlands.

The real question is, why would Microsoft even bother with something similar, when it didn't get the return they were looking for? Would charging money for a similar game be the answer? Maybe, maybe not.

So I ask you all this. Will we ever see anything similar to 1 vs 100?

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i got my X360 too late when this game shutdown its servers, i really wanted to participate in this game

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BadNewsBen

i got my X360 too late when this game shutdown its servers, i really wanted to participate in this game

killerband55

It was great! I didn't catch it until its last month or so, but I couldn't put my controller down when I was playing. Its difficult to describe how unique it was. I'd love for there to be something like it in the future, but I'm not sure the risk is worth it for Microsoft. At least we know (because of Full House Poker) the idea of mass multiplayer online is still something Microsoft can be successful with. I think its just a matter of doing it the right way. We'll see, as honestly, I'm uneducated on the subject.

Does anyone know if Microsoft is working on something similar? I know they've had a lot of success with FHP.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I doubt it, unfortunately. Just too big of a cost sink compared to what (little) advertising it took in, I guess. I really enjoyed 1 vs 100.
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#5 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Doubt it. M$ seemed to have cut off all free-play avenues and anything that can't or connected to revenue building.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
1vs100 was addicting. I found myself playing that game all of the time, and I actually felt like I was in a real game show
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I wish they would bring it back. It was a blast to play with friends.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

I have been thinking about getting a online petition going to bring back 1vs 100 I LOOVED that. It was so fun logging in and competiting against fellow xbox live members in a game show type game. And the live shows with the host was cool, but I was NEVER chosen as the 1 lol. Some people that where choosen as the 1 were big time cheaters too. But man I miss 1 vs 100 so much I mean as much money as MS makes now it wouldn't cost them that much to have the game running again at least once or twice a week.

(Also it was really funny to see people get the easiest questions wrong lol).

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BadNewsBen

Doubt it. M$ seemed to have cut off all free-play avenues and anything that can't or connected to revenue building.

XCyberForceX
While this is true, I wouldn't mind them charging us $10-15 for a game similar to 1 vs 100. Unless I'm mistaken, they charged $10 for Full House Poker, and thats doing pretty well for them.
Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts
1 vs 100 was a great game. It was a lot of fun. I don't think there will be another game like it.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
they claimed they would do other games like it when they announced 1vs100 was shutting down, but that was like 2 years ago, i doubt we will ever see it again
nightcall14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 nightcall14
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

1 vs 100 was fun while it lasted. I doubt microsoft would do something like that for free in the future though.

Green_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Green_Chaos
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts

I would like to play 1v100 again...That was the best game for those with or without month subscriptions...I enjoyed how they also spoke with some of the winners and how some other came on to play and walked away with prizes with confidence.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I was really disappointed when they pulled the plug on 1 vs 100. It was special. It was event gaming. It was cool to have times for people to come together on Xbox Live. It was the most sense of community that I ever felt on Live.
Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

I was really disappointed when they pulled the plug on 1 vs 100. It was special. It was event gaming. It was cool to have times for people to come together on Xbox Live. It was the most sense of community that I ever felt on Live. DJ_Magneto

Totally agree. I miss 1vs 100 so much. I mean they can even put in crappy kinect controls if they want just bring it back MS.