fnsrawecw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fnsrawecw
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
should i buy Halo 1 i dono cause i saw the grafics and they suck but then i never played the first 1 and well i just dont know is it worth paying 13 to 20 dollers
Karl319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Karl319
Member since 2005 • 4390 Posts
If you've never played it and you're a halo fan, then I guess it's worth 10-15 bucks at a bargain bin. Depends on whether or not you're a halo fan really.
stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 stafax
Member since 2005 • 1596 Posts
I'd say pass. Unless you find it used for $5-$10, then sure, wont hurt to try it. But you wont really find yourself playing anything other then the single player on it since the multiplayer is offline and very unbalanced.
brkr12002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brkr12002
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
Keep your eye out. I've seen it for $10 new. Worth it at that price. Old school system linking with friends is always fun.
Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts
At least you'll be filled in on story.
Avatar image for Tha_Evil_Genius
Tha_Evil_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tha_Evil_Genius
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts
i still think its a lot of fun to play, i'd say get it
CraigJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 CraigJK
Member since 2004 • 2767 Posts
Of course you should buy it. The graphics aren't that bad, don't even think about complaining about that. I remember the day when those were the best graphics out there. I personally think it's much more fun than Halo 2 by a long shot. Even the multiplayer is more fun, as I play it online with my PC.
fnsrawecw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fnsrawecw
all right u guys/girls helped me out im buying it first chance i get to
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
yes, its great.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the title
boner387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 boner387
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yea i would just buy halo 2, its like 20 dollars.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
If you're a Halo fan, and want to have the complete collection of the Halo series. Then yes.
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#13 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts

if u are a halo fan and find one pretty cheap, then yes, you should buy it.

pelvisman222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pelvisman222
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yea i would if it was cheap.
kirioku666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kirioku666
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

you should probably save up and buy it later,

or just buy it now and save up and buy the second one

i dunno its up to you

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
yes
Fletch16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Fletch16
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts

Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titlefs_metal

What are you talking about? Halo is awesome. Not like Call of Duty 3 and Doom 3 awesome but it was also like 5 years before that or whatever it was. You should buy it a lot of people say its like the best halo game but I personally don't really care which one I am playing. I just can't believe you would say that Halo isn't a good FPS!!?? I just have to stick up for the GOOD games, sorry I apologize!

LSX_Suisyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LSX_Suisyde
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts
i'd definently say go for it
fnsrawecw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fnsrawecw
i all ready said im getting it:x
SxKxExG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SxKxExG
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

Halo is still a great game, even if its graphics aren't that good, its still fun to play.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Honestly, I prefer Halo 1 to Halo 2. Both in terms of single player and especailly multiplayer. Old school LAN parties are great fun to get a group of guys together. And like someone else said, there is the option of using the computer to play Xbox on the Internet.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titleFletch16

What are you talking about? Halo is awesome. Not like Call of Duty 3 and Doom 3 awesome but it was also like 5 years before that or whatever it was. You should buy it a lot of people say its like the best halo game but I personally don't really care which one I am playing. I just can't believe you would say that Halo isn't a good FPS!!?? I just have to stick up for the GOOD games, sorry I apologize!

Halo is boring and bland. There are something like 5 enemy types and seemingly 4 guns to shoot them with. No good modern FPS will make you go through one bland looking enviroment after another, with each corridor looking exactly like hte previous one, while shooting the same brainless enemies over and over again with the same exact guns is a good FPS. Halo is less varied than the original Doom, and that is just sad
the_hitman_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_hitman_guy
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

I only played the demo (on PC) but I liked what I saw.

Of course, I only got a sample of the endlessly repeating environments.

ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ootp2003
Member since 2006 • 1828 Posts
Buy it, the story is great. ;)
N0d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 N0d0
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

i saw the grafics and they suck

Go play Catacomb 3D. :P

I'd buy it, but don't overpay. The game isn't as great as people say it is, although it is good. I'd give it around a 7, personally. If you liked Halo 2 it's for you.

Also, what's so special about the story? It was pretty just like Unreal at the beginning, then later in the game it's just exterminating a huge evil alien race, something that's been seen a dozen times or more.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muthsera666
[QUOTE="Fletch16"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titlefs_metal

Halo is boring and bland. There are something like 5 enemy types and seemingly 4 guns to shoot them with. No good modern FPS will make you go through one bland looking enviroment after another, with each corridor looking exactly like hte previous one, while shooting the same brainless enemies over and over again with the same exact guns is a good FPS. Halo is less varied than the original Doom, and that is just sad

I have to disagree here. Personally, I didn't feel as though I was in the same bland environment at all while I was playing it. Still, every now and then, I pop it back into to play the Assault on the Control Room level with all the snow and ice. I loved that level and I still enjoy it. Wait. Right before or after that level, wasn't there a level on the beach? I'm pretty sure right after it there was that level in the swamp... Or there was the level in pinks, purples, and blues inside the covenant ship.

Hmm. I guess even different environments are the same. Nevermind...

:)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titlemuthsera666

I have to disagree here. Personally, I didn't feel as though I was in the same bland environment at all while I was playing it. Still, every now and then, I pop it back into to play the Assault on the Control Room level with all the snow and ice. I loved that level and I still enjoy it. Wait. Right before or after that level, wasn't there a level on the beach? I'm pretty sure right after it there was that level in the swamp... Or there was the level in pinks, purples, and blues inside the covenant ship.

You took no note of every corridor on the way top the control room looking exactly like the previous one? It was the most p[ainfuly opbvious example of the games incredibly repetitive enviroments. IT was copied and pasted again and again and again
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titlefs_metal

You took no note of every corridor on the way top the control room looking exactly like the previous one? It was the most p[ainfuly opbvious example of the games incredibly repetitive enviroments. IT was copied and pasted again and again and again

But that's like saying all of the corridors in an office building look the same. In the context of the game all of the corridors should look the same. Inside the larger chambers, many of the larger rooms were somewhat different. In a government installation (for example) it would not fit the idea to have each area look different from the rest. There has to be an overall similarity to tie the areas together.

XChaosWolfX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 XChaosWolfX
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
buy halo 1. the only thing i hate about it is that there is no xbox live.but it has co-op and a great story.look on ebay and u can mabey find it less than 10 bucks.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muthsera666

I liked Halo CE more because the story was fresher. Halo 2 continued the story, but in the first game it was all still original.

Though it may have been somewhat cliche.

fnsrawecw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fnsrawecw
buy halo 1. the only thing i hate about it is that there is no xbox live.but it has co-op and a great story.look on ebay and u can mabey find it less than 10 bucks.XChaosWolfX
ebay lmfao do you know how many ppl sell fake stuff on ebayI might as well be buying a disc that looks like a halo 1 game and whenI insert it into my Xbox it says there somthing wrong with it andI would be gussing there is nothing on the disc lolI dont do ebay cause to many ppl complain about getting fake stuff like memory sticks and such
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 muthsera666

There is that risk. Sometimes you can see such things on seller feedback, but the person can always create another name for themselves.

Sometimes capitalism sucks.

luckypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 luckypants
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts
dude, the first Halo is way better than the second one. Way good storyline andforget the graphics, the game is fun!
toolsh3d111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 toolsh3d111
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
[QUOTE="Fletch16"]

I respect opinions, but I can't respect one that is from someone who obviously has no idea what they are talking about. 4 weapons? Sniper, Assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Pistol, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Needler, you get the point. Their aren't too many enemies types, but more than 5. Have you even ever played Halo? Clearly its not the same environments over and over. The first and last level are in the same location, but both compared in experience and visuals, the last level is much different than the the first. Each other level is different, and defiantly not just deja vu one after another. Less varied than the original Doom? Yeah, alright. To each their own, but if you're gonna bash something (in this case a game), make sure you know the correct info about it.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#35 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Hell yeah, read my review on the game. It's a timeless classic.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titlemuthsera666

But that's like saying all of the corridors in an office building look the same. In the context of the game all of the corridors should look the same. Inside the larger chambers, many of the larger rooms were somewhat different. In a government installation (for example) it would not fit the idea to have each area look different from the rest. There has to be an overall similarity to tie the areas together.

No they shouldn't. No two offices in the office building are going to be decorated the same, now are they? Nope. They should atleast have some variety instead of copying and pasting. It made the world extremely boring to look at and explore, which wasn't helped by the fact that the enemies were boring to do battle with
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titletoolsh3d111

I respect opinions, but I can't respect one that is from someone who obviously has no idea what they are talking about. 4 weapons? Sniper, Assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Pistol, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Needler, you get the point. Their aren't too many enemies types, but more than 5. Have you even ever played Halo? Clearly its not the same environments over and over. The first and last level are in the same location, but both compared in experience and visuals, the last level is much different than the the first. Each other level is different, and defiantly not just deja vu one after another. Less varied than the original Doom? Yeah, alright. To each their own, but if you're gonna bash something (in this case a game), make sure you know the correct info about it.

Are you really that dense? I was using exagerations to desxcribe just how bland nad boring the game was. You just made yourself look foolish by saying this...to say the least.

The original Doom had 10 or 11 weapons, boatloads of designs for the enviroments and some 30 monsters to shoot out. Halo is much MUCH less varied than the original Doom. It is an extremely bland and generic FPS.

bragkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 bragkiller
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
i think you should get it because it does not have terribal graphics.and you should be filled in the story.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

No they shouldn't. No two offices in the office building are going to be decorated the same, now are they? Nope. They should atleast have some variety instead of copying and pasting. It made the world extremely boring to look at and explore, which wasn't helped by the fact that the enemies were boring to do battle with

Maybe part of it is my desire for cleanliness in industrial environments. I liked the futuristic, 'spartan' surroundings, because to me, it makes more sense. I would rather sacrifice adding personal touches to my workplace if the entire office setting would then be utilitarian.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

Maybe part of it is my desire for cleanliness in industrial environments. I liked the futuristic, 'spartan' surroundings, because to me, it makes more sense. I would rather sacrifice adding personal touches to my workplace if the entire office setting would then be utilitarian.

You wouild rather everything look the same than people be allowed to be human and, therefore, different? Riiiiiiiiiiight. Halo sucks
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

You wouild rather everything look the same than people be allowed to be human and, therefore, different? Riiiiiiiiiiight. Halo sucks

You know, I never made any remarks about your thoughts though I disagreed with them. You could at least have the same respect for me.

toolsh3d111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 toolsh3d111
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
[QUOTE="toolsh3d111"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

Are you really that dense? I was using exagerations to desxcribe just how bland nad boring the game was. You just made yourself look foolish by saying this...to say the least.

The original Doom had 10 or 11 weapons, boatloads of designs for the enviroments and some 30 monsters to shoot out. Halo is much MUCH less varied than the original Doom. It is an extremely bland and generic FPS.

Foolish? Alright, I don't care, but, don't you think it wasn't a good idea to over-exagerrate while trying to back up your opinion on a game you think is bad? The point that I was trying to make is that exagerrating or not, your views make you look like you've never played the game before.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

You know, I never made any remarks about your thoughts though I disagreed with them. You could at least have the same respect for me.

When your thoughts are worth respecting and not absurd, I shall give you teh satisfaction
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="toolsh3d111"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Ask yourself this: Do you like good first person shooters? If the answer is yes, do not buy anything with the word 'halo' in the titletoolsh3d111

Foolish? Alright, I don't care, but, don't you think it wasn't a good idea to over-exagerrate while trying to back up your opinion on a game you think is bad? The point that I was trying to make is that exagerrating or not, your views make you look like you've never played the game before.

Why not? People exagerate all the time to prove the point. It typiucally gets the point across very well and is, therefore, a good idea. I have played it and I have beaten it. That is why I have the views I have on the game. IT is not a good first person shooter. It never has been. It never will be. Back then, it was just better to replay Half Life and discover just how much fun it still was. IT certainly kicked the crap out of Halo./ If you want a game from that time frame, Red Faction was also a much MUCH better game. Atleast it attempted something new. Halo couldn't even do that.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

When your thoughts are worth respecting and not absurd, I shall give you teh satisfaction

What makes your thoughts any more worth respect than mine? Because my opinion is different than yours, it's not worth a ****? What a horrible world you live in.

Anyway, on topic, I was just playig Halo 1 with a friend on co-op, and I was trying to think what it was that I really enjoyed about it. I guess just the satisfaction of outwitting creatures trying to kill me.

Hey, I never claimed I was a deep thoughted individual. :)

That and I like going for the headshots with the pistol.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

What makes your thoughts any more worth respect than mine? Because my opinion is different than yours, it's not worth a ****? What a horrible world you live in.

Anyway, on topic, I was just playig Halo 1 with a friend on co-op, and I was trying to think what it was that I really enjoyed about it. I guess just the satisfaction of outwitting creatures trying to kill me.

I rtecognize individualism and know thast it is a very large part of what makes is human. It's because your opinionm gives no apperent sign of this that makes your world the horrible one and your opinion the unrespectable one

The fact that you get great satisfacion out of outwittig a bad enemy AI speaks volumes.

I, however, would like to think of myself as not shallow

You can go for headshots with postols in multitudes of better FPS games than Halo

serjitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 serjitup
Member since 2007 • 1049 Posts
YES
Avatar image for PerfectParadox1
PerfectParadox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 PerfectParadox1
Member since 2006 • 1506 Posts
one word yes!!!
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fletch16"]

I rtecognize individualism and know thast it is a very large part of what makes is human. It's because your opinionm gives no apperent sign of this that makes your world the horrible one and your opinion the unrespectable one

The fact that you get great satisfacion out of outwittig a bad enemy AI speaks volumes.

I, however, would like to think of myself as not shallow

You can go for headshots with postols in multitudes of better FPS games than Halo

So because I found a game that is challenging enough for my skill ability, and that I enjoy, my world is horrible? I enjoy playing a lot of games. But I am not a very good gamer. I have trouble sometimes with Halo on Normal. Whether this is a reflection of the game or me I'm not one hundred percent positive. What's wrong with me playing something that is a decent challenge for me?

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I have 65 Xbox games. Halo CE : is one of my favorites. I've played thru it maybe 30 times. I keep discovering new ways to play thru the same levels, and findingthigns I previously missed. It is a Great FPS.

Don't worry about having a rough time on normal. I thought that Easy was hard, and that I would never get thru Halo on Normal. I thought that Normal was too much, and that I would not be able to beat the game on the next two higher levels. I did beat Halo on Legendary, and it was Satisfying and Fun. Read some of the Guides, and you will eventually get thru all the difficulty levels.

What could be wrong with a challenging game? If you are having fun, that's all you have to worry about. Not some one else's opinion.