Savage_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Savage_Doom
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
Ok heres the deal, i want to get Ninja Gaiden Black or Chronicles of Riddick, I found Ninja Gaiden Black for $23.91 used, i also found Chronicles of Riddick for $9.99, I hear Ninja Gaiden Black is better then Chronicles of Riddick, but its more pricey. Which one is the best choice?
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

Personally, I vote for Riddick. It'sa great game, very atmospheric. Beautiful graphics. The voice acting is very well done, and if you like the Riddick character and have seen the movies, it is a great addition to the mythos surrounding Riddick.

I haven't played Ninja Gaiden Black. I have played Ninja Gaiden. I've made it to the second boss, but that's it. It's one of those games that's not easy to just play through. Since I kept dying, I couldn't really get into it.

Riddick, however, really absorbs the player.

Avatar image for PurpleBlueGreen
PurpleBlueGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PurpleBlueGreen
Member since 2003 • 142 Posts

Ok heres the deal, i want to get Ninja Gaiden Black or Chronicles of Riddick, I found Ninja Gaiden Black for $23.91 used, i also found Chronicles of Riddick for $9.99, I hear Ninja Gaiden Black is better then Chronicles of Riddick, but its more pricey. Which one is the best choice?Savage_Doom

Chronicles of Riddick. Riddick is far more cinematic, and far less frustrating.

aching546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 aching546
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
depends on what you like. i have ninja gaiden black and it's an amazing game, probably one of the best for the xbox. i dono anything about riddick but both of the riddick movies were pretty dumb.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts
Judging by this sentence of yours: "Im a big fan of tactical shooters and first person shooters." - Get Riddick. A FPS fan can't go wrong with Riddick.
loky3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 loky3000
Member since 2004 • 256 Posts

Take Riddick^^

Ninja Gaiden can get on your nerves becaus its pretty punishing at times

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
well both Ninja Gaiden and Riddick are must haves, so I can't really help you out much with that one
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Riddick is one of the most under rated gamesever - There was very little hype (From what I saw anyway)

The game is amazing good if you ask me. Some of the best graphics in a game ever. It was a good shooter, with RPG elements and I think it worked really well.

I liked the idea of being riddick and the whole trying to break out of prison thing. In fact **** it - i think I might have to buy the game again!!!

MiniBeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 MiniBeas
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts
Ninja Gaiden is a very punishing game, however if you like fighting games this game will do you well since it is not as hard as fighting game, and is very action packed. However if you want an interesting story and you want a different shooter then maybe Riddick is for you. I would recomend watching the video reviews for the original ninja gaiden and for ninja gaiden black and the video review for Chronicles of Riddick and make your decision that way.
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
If you could get both I would recommend both because both are soo good must buy games. Overall, Ninja Gaiden, besides its frustrating difficulty,is the better game of the two. However, I recommend Riddick hands down. Personally itsmy most memorable game on the xbox. For under 10 dollars it'll give you the most bang for your buck. And since you say you like FPS's then that makes Riddick a hell of an easy recommendation.
brkr12002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brkr12002
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
Why choose. Get both. Look around for NGB, i've seen lower prices.
Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
Ninja Gaiden is one of the best action games I've ever played, it's also somewhat hard to find. If I were you I'd pick it up while you can and get Riddick later on. Riddick is easier to find. Also if you wait a little while Riddick is being remade for 360 and PS3 so you can pick it up then if you want.
karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
Personally i would take ninja gaiden black. But both are rather good though.
nvorgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 nvorgang
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
I would just go with Ninja Gaiden Black because there's going to be a full blown remake of Riddick for PS3, 360, and PC(I think) with more content and alot better graphics. It was in a recent Game Informer if I remember right.
nvorgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 nvorgang
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
And the remake is called Chronicles of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena. Check out this link. They're adding multiplayer and 40% more single player content. http://www.destructoid.com/riddick-remake-confirmed-features-post-breakdancing-vin-diesel-update--31621.phtml
Megasaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Megasaber
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
If you want a truly beautiful game then you should get Ninja Gadien black. It is a great game to play.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

NG: Black is longer, better and harder:P.....Riddick is AWESOME but I like NG better.

princess1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 princess1087
Member since 2004 • 1804 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Black is better imo because for one, it's actually challenging (not as hard as ninja gaiden) and it has a higher replay value imo. Ridick is too short for my taste and it's too easy. It's true that Ninja Gaiden is a hard game, but why do you want to play a game if it doesn't present a challenge?
GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
Riddick, all the way.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 muthsera666

Ninja Gaiden Black is better imo because for one, it's actually challenging (not as hard as ninja gaiden) and it has a higher replay value imo. Ridick is too short for my taste and it's too easy. It's true that Ninja Gaiden is a hard game, but why do you want to play a game if it doesn't present a challenge?princess1087

Umm.. to have fun? I would rather play a game that is easier, and I can enjoy the story and game, rather than struggling to make sure I can do the stuff.

princess1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 princess1087
Member since 2004 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="princess1087"]Ninja Gaiden Black is better imo because for one, it's actually challenging (not as hard as ninja gaiden) and it has a higher replay value imo. Ridick is too short for my taste and it's too easy. It's true that Ninja Gaiden is a hard game, but why do you want to play a game if it doesn't present a challenge?muthsera666

Umm.. to have fun? I would rather play a game that is easier, and I can enjoy the story and game, rather than struggling to make sure I can do the stuff.

for me if it's easy it's boring. unless it's a party game like warrio ware.

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

I say chronicles of riddick, NGB was good but it was was really hard

bukkookkub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bukkookkub
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
riddick ftw
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]

[QUOTE="princess1087"]Ninja Gaiden Black is better imo because for one, it's actually challenging (not as hard as ninja gaiden) and it has a higher replay value imo. Ridick is too short for my taste and it's too easy. It's true that Ninja Gaiden is a hard game, but why do you want to play a game if it doesn't present a challenge?princess1087

for me if it's easy it's boring. unless it's a party game like warrio ware.

Well, I don't mean a complete cakewalk. And I don't mind as much if it has a really engaging storyline.

ALAN_WAKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ALAN_WAKE
Member since 2005 • 1236 Posts
If you have anger management problems get Chronicles of Riddick. I can't count the no. of times I threw my controller out to my neighbour's window just because I was getting my assed handed to me for some unfair reason on Ninja Gaiden.
amin915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 amin915
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
i just picked up Riddick For 4.99 At my local eb games..So yea look around you might be able to get both for under 20 Bucks.
dirty01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 dirty01
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts

If you are into first person shooting riddick is th game for you. The storyline is good as well as the graphics and if you can get all that for 5 bucks what else do you want.

xbxman82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xbxman82
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
get them both you will like them both unless you have a 360 then ninja gaiden black cuz we will be getting a new version of riddick
bamafan1434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 bamafan1434
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
Ninha Gaiden I would say of the 2
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

Ninja gaiden by a mile, better graphics more fun gameplay and overall a better (and cooler)game, it is difficult for the first few levels but doesnt take long to get the hang of it, when you do its quality,the best single player xbox game IMO.

I coudnt even be bothered to finish riddick wasnt bad but i got bored of it graphics arent that special, gunplay is poor some good ideas and nice features like hand to hand combat but it not allthatreally..

XChaosWolfX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XChaosWolfX
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
Buy Ninja Gaiden Black cuase its better than g@Y Riddic.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Riddick's way better.

NGB...

Too tough for me. Haha.

exquixotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 exquixotic
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
You know Riddick had some fun moments, but it never became one of my favorite games. It's graphically nice and all, interesting enough story, but the stealth aspect of it really peaved me. It never seemed to work for me and so the whole game kind of fell apart. I would end up constantly being busted, running through levels and blasting everyone ... so much for stealth. Now Ninja Gaiden Black is what it says it is ... a beautiful, brutally hard game with an amazing fight engine. SO ... for story Riddick, but I find the game play, despite the gruelling difficulty and all the cursing, more fulfilling in Ninja.