lord_soultaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#102 lord_soultaker
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

WWE has posted an article stating that despite his claims, Basketball star and actor Shaquille O'Neal is not scheduled for Wrestlemania in Miami.

O'Neal has been making the statements for weeks.

LINK  

wdprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 wdprince
Member since 2005 • 699 Posts

[QUOTE="Razor-Lazor"]

This card looks absolutely orgasmic.

Ngamer05

Couldn't have said it better.

Same. Just give us some Money in the Bank magic, hopefully a match for the IC title/ a feud for Cody, a nice Diva match, and we got the best Wrestlemania lineup since 24. Now there's just the execution...

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Is it confirmed that there's going to be a MITB? ... Honestly, I don't really want one. It may present a better match than anything that would replace it, but instead of cramming 8 guys in a stunt show where, maybe, one guy stands out ('cause winning it has proven to be far from the breakout it used to be), I'd rather see a couple of matches where guys can can get an individual showcase. Obviously nothing is going to be built as well as Cody-Rey or Punk-Orton, but maybe something like Ryder(or Kofi)-Ziggler-Swagger feud for the US Title. Of course, if you're going to cram folks on the card, I 'spose MITB would be preferable to the 8-Man. I dunno. I'm just kinda burned out on MITB and cop out champions (which, sadly, a club I expect Daniel Bryan to join). Personally, I think the World Title match desperately needs to add Orton (and preferably somebody else, too). It still looks like last year's dark match and I am exceptionally worried that Sheamus and his horrible nickname are just going to maul Bryan right back to the midcard. Edit: And Rock/Cena'll go on last and that is as it should be. You don't make a dream match a year in advance to not put it on last. Putting it on before the last match would be a disservice to whatever has to follow it and WWE would have made their 18 mistake... again.
wdprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 wdprince

Is it confirmed that there's going to be a MITB? ... Honestly, I don't really want one. It may present a better match than anything that would replace it, but instead of cramming 8 guys in a stunt show where, maybe, one guy stands out ('cause winning it has proven to be far from the breakout it used to be), I'd rather see a couple of matches where guys can can get an individual showcase. Obviously nothing is going to be built as well as Cody-Rey or Punk-Orton, but maybe something like Ryder(or Kofi)-Ziggler-Swagger feud for the US Title. Of course, if you're going to cram folks on the card, I 'spose MITB would be preferable to the 8-Man. I dunno. I'm just kinda burned out on MITB and cop out champions (which, sadly, a club I expect Daniel Bryan to join).The_Dude14
I understand your feelings, but I think it's time the match came back home to Wrestlemania. Sure it managed to stand out as a good PPV in 2010 and the best PPV of 2011, but I think having 2 MitB matches for both brands in one night is overkill (especially since the brand extension is practically dead now) in comparison to simply having one at Wrestlemania and only at Wrestlemania. Hopefully it is confirmed and it returns to its original, unique purpose.

As far as actually getting someone over goes, who was the last person that really benefited from the Money in the Bank? CM Punk? RVD? Kennedy? Not even Edge's first cash in elevated him to main event status as it it should have. It only proved that he was a transitional champion where he would win the WWE Championship from Cena only to lose it 3 weeks later at the Royal Rumble by tapping out to the STFU. Perfect way to build up new stars, right? Even his 1st run with the World Heavyweight title from the cash in on Taker was failed due to injury (whether or not he would've had a lengthy reign had he not been hurt is speculation, but he probably would have). I agree with you Dude that it doesn't have the same impact as it used to, but even then it didn't fully serve its purpose in the long run. At least Punk is on top now and so was Edge before he retired, but that's more than I can say for Swagger, Miz, Del Rio, and regretfully Bryan. Even Kane, although he's above the aforementioned faulty champions.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

Edge's first cash in did legitmize him. It's just that they had to shoehorn in Haitch to have Cena/Haitch.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I think you guys are taking an overly pessimistic view on Daniel Bryan's status.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts

Hes been given roughly the same run as Miz (time wise) and has done MUCH more with it, im happy for that

My concern for such a promising card is how much time the 2 World Title matches will get... Taker/HH will gobble up an hour easy as will Cena/ Rock... half the show is left for a Diva match, 2 World Title matches and at least 1, maybe 2 other matches... not promising i think... i just want CM Punk and DB to get their chance to shine and steal the show like they are capable to do

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
I think you guys are taking an overly pessimistic view on Daniel Bryan's status. JML897
I agree. I mean, forget about HOW he won all these matches, but since winning the title in December, he has successfully defended against Big Show, Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, and Santino Marella. That's more than any other Money in the Bank champion.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#110 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts

This is what I've been saying about MITB the whole time. Its a good idea but done completely wrong. When you win, you should get a championship shot in a match and time of your choosing EXCEPT when the champion you want to face already has a championship match. The money in the bank should be a great way for stars to show how worthy they are in the ring and how they can build up towards a match. Its not done this way though. Its just a cop out 8 second match that makes the title look like a joke.

The fact that Del Rio won the WWE championship in an 8 second cop out match when Eddie Guerrero only won the title once and had to put on a 30 minute performance to prove he was championship worthy (Which he was anyway but he still at least put on a performance) and Alberto Del Rio did not makes me sick. Its almost like who ever wins the MITB is automatically the champion anyway. Whenever someone wins MITB is basically the champion then and there.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Razor-Lazor
While I am a HUGE fan of the whole cash-in aspect, as I think it is A LOT of fun, I do think that it does devalue the titles and has become the same thing over and over and over again. Someone really should RVD it.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ToTheBank
before WWE changed their minds, Bryan was supposed to "RVD it" and planned to challenge at WM
Theplayer8505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Theplayer8505
Member since 2011 • 2533 Posts

Think about this would you like Bryan winning at TLC or at 'Mania 28?

My point is if WWE would of had Bryan Cashed in the MITB at 'Mania 28 rather then at TLC, then possibly Big Show or Mark Henry as Champion, going into Rumble then who would of Henry/Show faced, and then have Bryan face Punk or Henry/Show, at 'Mania 28.

Point being should Bryan,OF cash in the MITB like he did, or cashed it in like he said at first at 'Mania 28.

ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ToTheBank
ill take Sheamus at Mania than Henry or Show
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

I'm torn on Danielson/Sheamus. Sheamus NEEDS the win, but I don't want Danielson to lose. Too bad it isn't Orton vs. Danielson with Orton putting him over big time.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 pokajabba

Screw Randy Orton. He's basically the new Triple H when it comes to Wrestlemania, meaning for the most part his matches are not anything special. He's only had three single matches at Wrestlemania. One of which was any good (The Undertaker) and the other two were okay (In terms of Wrestlemania being the place where you put on your best performance and match quality as possible in which vs Punk and vs Triple H were not what I call Wrestlemania worthy). His Triple threat matches never seem to be anything special either. So I'd like to see what Sheamus and Bryan can bring to the Wrestlemania table.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Razor-Lazor
Orton vs. Punk was great.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 pokajabba

It really was not that good at all. It was good for a hyped RAW main event but for Wrestlemania... Just no. Christian vs Chris Jericho was better and that's not a match I'd call Wrestlemania worthy.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 The_Dude14
Orton-Punk: Better than everything: Wrestlemania 1, 2, 4, 9, 16 Better than everything but the main event: Wrestlemania 5, 6, 11 (HBK-Diesel, not LT-Bam Bam), 12, 14, 15. Better than 12, arguably 13, of Undertaker's 19-0. Personally, I'd take Orton-Punk over all but the first MITB.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 JML897

I assume the "arguably" one of those is Taker vs Giant Gonzales

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 pokajabba

The problem with the Orton/Punk match for me was it was so damn slow. These guys have a 14 minute segment and they are doing slow, boring things. Even the end was obvious 5 minutes into the match and while of course its better than a lot of Wrestlemania past matches, does not mean its actually GOOD. Its just past matches sucked hard.

Lets look at it like this - Will I remember Punk vs Orton at Wrestlemania 10 years from now or even 2 years from now. No. Its forgetable.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Orton vs Punk is great because CM Punk is a God at dissecting his opponent. He is a master at in-ring psychology. Perfect game plan by Punk throughout the match, and he deviated from his plan for ONE move and it cost him the match. That was a total CM Punk-type match, very old school.

Granted, I watch matches with CM Punk differently than most. While most casual fans are waiting for Orton to make his big come back, I'm wetting my pants over Punk's in-ring heel work. I appreciate the art of a good beat down. And good story.

Punk vs Orton = objectively good match

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 JML897

The problem with the Orton/Punk match for me was it was so damn slow. These guys have a 14 minute segment and they are doing slow, boring things. Even the end was obvious 5 minutes into the match and while of course its better than a lot of Wrestlemania past matches, does not mean its actually GOOD. Its just past matches sucked hard.

Lets look at it like this - Will I remember Punk vs Orton at Wrestlemania 10 years from now or even 2 years from now. No. Its forgetable.

pokajabba

Most of what you say is true but I think it's wrong to say it wasn't Wrestlemania worthy. It was a perfectly acceptable WM match. If I was to rank every Wrestlemania match I've seen from best to worst that match would probably be right near the middle.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 pokajabba

Orton vs Punk is great because CM Punk is a God at dissecting his opponent. He is a master at in-ring psychology. Perfect game plan by Punk throughout the match, and he deviated from his plan for ONE move and it cost him the match. That was a total CM Punk-type match, very old school.

Granted, I watch matches with CM Punk differently than most. While most casual fans are waiting for Orton to make his big come back, I'm wetting my pants over Punk's in-ring heel work. I appreciate the art of a good beat down. And good story.

Punk vs Orton = objectively good match

Chicago_Nut

Well actually the match was objectively mediocre. Good to you and not so great to me. Somewhere in the middle. When it comes to Wrestlemania EVERYTHING should be objectively DAMN GOOD. This is why we have Shawn Michaels in this world. To show people that even with crapwrestlers you can still have a objectively good match. Anyway, its not even that I think the match is bad. I just think for what Wrestlemania stands for (Biggest of all shows, match quality and the absolute best performance you can muster) it really was an underwhelming match. Jericho/Christian wasn't an amazing match but they at least put on some what of a performance and were pretty fast paced and that match was a minute shorter I think. Punk was fine in the match. Orton was extremely boring and predictable as always. I understand why people could think its decent though. I just didn't think it was anything great for a 14 minute match at Wrestlemania.

Ocelot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Ocelot619
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts
I think every match at wrestlemania 27 stunk the joint out apart from triple h v taker.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 pokajabba

''RT. It's going to be hard for anyone to follow the pure wrestling match that CM Punk and Chris Jericho will have at WM28 Trust me on that'' - Chris Jericho

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am now absolutely incredibly excited about this match. I hold you to those words Jericho. You better put on a damn good performance and both have an amazing PURE wrestling match. I expect at least a 20 minute match.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Kotenks

I think every match at wrestlemania 27 stunk the joint out apart from triple h v taker.Ocelot619

I vastly preferred Cody V. Rey over that finisher spam kickout fest.

Ocelot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Ocelot619
Hey i meant undertaker v triple h was the only good one out of the entire mess....... Even then i still think its not great or anything.

What really glues my private parts to a coffee table is the fact that Punk is so obviously gonna win at wrestlemania. Punk is like on a losing streak and jericho is on a winning one so its obvious punks goin to win when jericho is obviously the best in the world.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 JML897

What really glues my private parts to a coffee tableOcelot619

:lol:

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

CM Punk is the Peyton Manning of wrestling. He's great weekly on RAW like Peyton in the regular season, but then **** the bed at Mania like Peyton in the playoffs.

Punks had matches against top talent such as Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton and has yet to have a memorable Mania match. Even the 3 straight MITBs he was in were forgettable.

If he and Jericho don't do something special on April 1st, Punk's going to take a big hit in my view. Lets see if he can step up and clutch it for oncelike Peyton finally did.

No excuses Punk fans. Its now or never.

'Nuff Said.

Ocelot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ocelot619
Good point their. Chris should be able to do that for him i reckon since he's had 3 or 4 amazing wrestlemania matches.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 pokajabba

Good point their. Chris should be able to do that for him i reckon since he's had 3 or 4 amazing wrestlemania matches.Ocelot619

In terms of memorable, Jericho has had four:

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle Wrestlemania 2000 - Second best Triple Threat at Wrestlemania and an impressive start for a Wrestlemania rookie.
Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania 19 - Pure cla$$ic and was the best match of the night.
The first Money In The Bank Wrestlemania 21 - Another cla$$ic and he literally helped come up with the idea for the match.
Chris Jericho vs Edge Wrestlemania 26 - I actually dislike this match but I understand why most really do think its yet another cla$$ic. Second best match of the night.

The rest range from good to lame:

Chris Jericho vs William Regal Wrestlemania 17 - Good opener and in general was okay. Could have been a lot better.
Chris Jericho vs Triple H Wrestlemania 18 - It's actually a good match. Just an absolute travesty that it came last.
Chris Jericho vs Christian Wrestlemania 20 - Good match with an okay story. Nice middle match.
Money In The Bank Wrestemania 24 - Was an okay match but he was just 'there' and didn't really do much.
Chris Jericho vs Legends Wrestlemania 25 - Apart from Ricky Steamboat ending, it was just plain terrible.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 The_Dude14
So Punk-Orton isn't Wrestlemania worthy or even any good in your opinion, but one of the most disappointing triple threat matches I can think of off the top of my head ranks as both? It may be the second best triple threat match at Wrestlemania (although it isn't, the 7 minutes or so of Orton-Rey-Angle is much better, as is Orton-Cena-H, IMO), but that's still pretty faint praise. The match is Benoit vs Jericho vs Angle (may not have been the near the wrestler he would become, but he was still pretty damn good) and it's just there. It's not bad, but its not Benoit vs Jericho vs Angle. It doesn't even stand out on a weak Wrestlemania. I'm with you on the Edge match. It was a major letdown. I think the people who dig it dig it because Jericho retained and the post-match spear... or because we are the internet and are incapable of being wrong. Edge didn't have very many good matches coming back from the achilles.

In the end, it's all opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree in all probability, I'm just baffled that people are trying so hard to hate on Punk-Orton and Wrestlemania 27 overall. Is Wrestlemania 27 one of the great Wrestlemanias? No. Absolutely not. Its probably even a step back from the formula Manias WWE churned out since 21, but it is not even close to one of the worst Wrestlemanias. It deserves to fall in the forgotten category that encapsulates many Wrestlemania, even though its still better than most of those.

In the end, I wonder if Punk-Jericho is already doomed by its expectations, or if it'll be an "internet is never wrong" 5 Star Classic. Be interesting to see.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Kotenks
I don't see why Punk/Jericho has high expectations. The two have never had chemistry in the ring.
wdprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 wdprince

I don't see why Punk/Jericho has high expectations. The two have never had chemistry in the ring.Kotenks

I disagree.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 pokajabba

It was a memorable ROOKIE match was all I'm saying. This is the first Wrestlemania for these three and they are given a 14-15 minute segment. Plus triple threats are absolutely god awful in my opinion. Due to the fact it was a rookie match, with a short time frame and it was Triple threat, it ended up being pretty impressive. Fast paced and not much laying around. Still wasn't GREAT but was a memorable start for rookies. Today's rookies wouldn't put on an impressive start like that.

Glad someone agree's with the Edge match though. Really was a massive dissapointment for me. Two of the best stars WWE has to offer, in their mature wrestling state and all we got was a 16 minute match with WAY too many finishers being used than actual wrestling. The end was good though and at least Jericho won. I honestly didn't expect him to.

Ocelot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Ocelot619
You guys are nuts. Edge v Jericho was an awesome match and was almost match of the night.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Razor-Lazor
I think Cena-Show-Edge at WM25 is an underrated WM triple threat match.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 pokajabba

Probably is an underated match. That match just annoys me now though, due to te fact that in WWE's Top 50 OMG! moments, they had ranked Cena picking up Big Show and Edge really high on the list. He literally held it for less than a second. If it had been 10 seconds then I certainly would have been impressed. So yea, that match annoys me now.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#140 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
I also think Cena/Edge/Show at WM25 is underrated, I was there and I thought the match was very good. It's biggest downfall is that it was on after Taker/Michaels.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 pokajabba

For the CM Punk vs Chris Jericho match, I thought it would be nice if not only Jericho won the championship (Since he's only been the WWE Champion once) but if when he won he would become face (Since he's never been a face while holding the championships). Obviously this won't happen though.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Razor-Lazor
Ziggler-Ryder should be somewhere on the card. That'd be great.
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
i really hope the rock vs cena match doesn't end up like Hogan lost to the rock in WM18..... Vet losting to the main guy of the business blah blah shake hand blah blah
wdprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 wdprince

For the CM Punk vs Chris Jericho match, I thought it would be nice if not only Jericho won the championship (Since he's only been the WWE Champion once) but if when he won he would become face (Since he's never been a face while holding the championships). Obviously this won't happen though.

pokajabba

So long as it's a double turn and Punk goes heel again.

Theplayer8505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Theplayer8505
Member since 2011 • 2533 Posts

I think John Cena Vs. The Rock, is going to be not that good, but you never know but I think Rock is going to win.

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
Cena's winning.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Razor-Lazor

If Rock's staying, then I feel like he has a much better chance of winning than Cena.

That being said, Cena is going to win.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 pokajabba

I'd like to think that Cena wins. I just can't help wonder if (In Vince's view) The Rock counts as a wrestler or a celebrity star. If he's a celebrity now, then chances are Dwayne will win. Celebrity's don't lose at Wrestlemania. Plus Dwayne winning would bring WWE into the Media more. If Cena wins, the Media won't care. The Rock can talk about WWE at his status and make it gain attention while Cena can't. I think Vince is more likely to take the dumba$$ popularity route.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 JML897

I will be shocked (and disappointed) if Cena does not win.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 pokajabba

Well I want Cena to win too. I absolutely refuse for him to win via submission though. That's just a complete no no. It has to be a clean F-U win. Or whatever he calls his move these days. Attitude What?! What?! What?!