Why Triple H was the right choice to main event Wrestlemania.

• 95 results
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

By Pat McNeill, Torch Columnist

The Trouble with Triple H: Triple H's victory on Monday night over Rob Van Dam and Big Show was a big deal. For the sixth time in the past seven years, The Game will be in a world title match at WrestleMania. (You'll recall that Hunter faced Undertaker at WrestleMania 17 five years ago.)

This victory has led to howls of outrage from many of our readers, who follow WWE quite closely. How could Hunter, who has been out of the WWE title picture for the eight months, pop back in to claim the WrestleMania main event? Isn't this an awful example of nepotism? And doesn't this kill off Edge, who had a ton of momentum going into the Royal Rumble and had popped some ratings following his WWE title victory?

Well, not exactly. There are some things to be said in defense of putting the Cerebral Assassin in the WWE championship match.

1) A Fresh Matchup: WWE fans have had loads of Edge and Cena over the past six weeks. Putting Triple H in the spot gives them something they haven't seen before at WrestleMania. Granted, WWE could have avoided this problem by having Edge win the belt at New Year's Revolution and then not having the two wrestlers touch again until WrestleMania, but that ship has already sailed.

2) A Word Life Riddle: While the McMahons are solidly behind John Cena, there are people inside WWE openly questioning whether Cena would be better off going heel. A lot of the young male fans have booed the champ in his recent feuds with Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and Edge. The part about Angle is especially worrisome for WWE, because Angle has rarely been cheered during his WWE tenure.

Whatever you say about Hunter, he hardly qualifies as a "cool heel". One of two things will happen during this feud. WWE hopes that fans will take overwhelmingly to Cena. The Game has gone all out for the past few years in order to avoid being cheered. He would take a special pride in getting Cena a really strong babyface reaction at WrestleMania. WWE would be happy with this, given how hard they plan to push Cena between now and the upcoming debut of his WWE-backed feature film.

Or, Hunter could draw a significant amount of cheers going into Chicago. If this happens, then it's an indicator that Cena can expect more dueling chants throughout the course of his career. Face it, if Cena can't get a strong fan favorite reaction against Hunter, it's not likely to happen for him against anyone else. Vince and Stephanie McMahon can either deal with it or ignore it, but they'll have the facts in hand.

3) Completing Cena: In some ways, Triple H is the ideal WrestleMania opponent for Cena. Given how long Triple H has dominated the main event scene on Raw, there are a number of fans who won't fully buy into John Cena until he defeats Triple H. Part of the reason Dave Batista got over as well as he did in 2005 was his well-crafted feud with The Game, where Batista beat Hunter on three straight pay-per-view. It certainly settled the issue of which wrestler was dominant.

Despite speculation to the contrary, most signs point to Cena retaining the belt at WrestleMania. Triple H won't want a lengthy title reign this year, since he would like to concentrate on being a father. WWE has a lot invested in Cena's future as a big screen action hero, and it wouldn't work as well if Cena loses the belt going into movie season. Plus, Cena just lost the belt last month. Losing it twice within a three month span could be poisonous to his long-term prospects.

Not to mention the fact that, in twenty-one WrestleManias, only twice has the show ended with a heel holding the WWE title. Fans grumbled about the ending of WrestleMania 2000, a buzzkill tacked on the end of a really good show. WrestleMania 17 ended with Austin's heel turn, and that also didn't work out the way WWE hoped. Better to have Triple H, who is semi-expendable, do the honors for Cena, than to have Edge lose to Cena again. Edge can beat Mick Foley at WrestleMania and rehabilitate his image somewhat.

The Opposing View: The only really strong argument for giving Edge the title shot at WrestleMania is this one. By taking the title shot at WrestleMania, Hunter gets a huge WrestleMania main event payoff for himself that could have, and should have, belonged to Adam Copeland.

But in Hunter's defense, it's a family tradition

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_16194.shtml

Disclaimer: These in no way represent my views.  IMO, these views were written by a complete moron.  Just making sure we make that distinction crystal clear.

Also, this could belong in the Road to 22 Discussion Thread, but I think its a strong enough stand-alone topic.  If someone disagrees, lock this and copy it to the 22 Discussion Thread.

tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
and also HHH is the best wreslter on Raw is a good point.
dak_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dak_phoenix
Member since 2006 • 7380 Posts
i agree.its been almost a year since Triple H was WWE Champ and he is the best wrestler there anyway. RVD popped up from nowhere and he was in the finals already to me thats not fair. i hope Triple H wins the belt for the 11th time
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Pack_Man
Member since 2005 • 9724 Posts
RVD popped up from nowhere and he was in the finals already to me thats not fair.dak_phoenix

What are you talking about? He didn't pop out of nowhere, he was making some appereances throughout his injury. He was well hyped for the Rumble. :|
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Simply put, this has to be the biggest case of denial in WWE history since the infamous Disel (Kevin Nash) run as WWE/F champion in 1994-1995.

When will WWE realize long-term champions do not work in the modern era? By the way, Batista is obviously expection to the rule and even in his case...it was clear he was becoming stale in the last 2-3 months, during his run as world heavyweight champion

Edit: Anyhow, when will WWE finally learn its lesson with John Cena...that lesson being he has flopped. I mean, how many heels being cheering is going to take before they realize this; how many times of him being booed before they realize this; and when will the realize this is no longer the 80's?

Edit 2: To answer the question, no. If Triple H (and John Cena for that matter) must be in the main event, I would have made it elimation 4-way, between John Cena, Triple H, Big Show and Rob Van Dam. I mean, that would have made the most logical since, storyline wise and I think could havd made for make great main event, if done correctly.

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 flamingskullz
Member since 2005 • 2100 Posts

[QUOTE="dak_phoenix"]RVD popped up from nowhere and he was in the finals already to me thats not fair.Pack_Man

What are you talking about? He didn't pop out of nowhere, he was making some appereances throughout his injury. He was well hyped for the Rumble. :|

he didnt just pop there he beat carlito and masters, and besides who would you rather have champ, HHH a guy who shud be tryin to put over younger stars, or RVD arguably on of the most underused stars eventhou he is over wit the fans.

BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BATMAYNE
Member since 2005 • 3225 Posts

and also HHH is the best wreslter on Raw is a good point.tidus_swain

i agree.its been almost a year since Triple H was WWE Champ and he is the best wrestler there anyway. RVD popped up from nowhere and he was in the finals already to me thats not fair. i hope Triple H wins the belt for the 11th timedak_phoenix

Am I in the twilight zone or something? WTF is going on?

HHH is by far NOT the best wrestler on RAW. And that's a fact.

WOW! Almost a year since his last title run. When was RVD's last WWE title run? Oh yeah, he hasn't had one yet. And at this rate he never will. Give a deserving guy a chance for god's sake.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
I could care less if Triple H is in the main event of WM b/c it's not him I have the problem with......

"Cuck Fena"

I'm out.
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tidus_swain

[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]and also HHH is the best wreslter on Raw is a good point.BATMAYNE

i agree.its been almost a year since Triple H was WWE Champ and he is the best wrestler there anyway. RVD popped up from nowhere and he was in the finals already to me thats not fair. i hope Triple H wins the belt for the 11th timedak_phoenix

Ok, you are wrong. HHH is the best wrestler on raw (kurt angle probablly just stops him being best in wwe). HE will win the title again at wrestlemania, and save the WWE!
BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BATMAYNE
[QUOTE="BATMAYNE"]

[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]and also HHH is the best wreslter on Raw is a good point.tidus_swain

Ok, you are wrong. HHH is the best wrestler on raw (kurt angle probablly just stops him being best in wwe). HE will win the title again at wrestlemania, and save the WWE!

This has to be a joke. You honestly think he is better than Shelton Benjamin, Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam,  Edge or even Carlito?

And you said that the only person better than him in WWE is Kurt Angle? Let me add these to the list I just posted

• Chris Benoit
  • Gregory Helms
  • Paul London
  • Brian Kendrick
  • Randy Orton
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Kid Kash
  • Booker T

(I didn't include Angle with that because we alread know he is better.

All better than Triple H. He is just a big load that can't wrestle anymore.

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flamingskullz
[QUOTE="tidus_swain"][QUOTE="BATMAYNE"]

[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]and also HHH is the best wreslter on Raw is a good point.BATMAYNE

This has to be a joke. You honestly think he is better than Shelton Benjamin, Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam,  Edge or even Carlito?

And you said that the only person better than him in WWE is Kurt Angle? Let me add these to the list I just posted

• Chris Benoit
  • Gregory Helms
  • Paul London
  • Brian Kendrick
  • Randy Orton
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Kid Kash
  • Booker T

plus RVD

• chavo guerreo
  • super crazy
  • finley
  • lashley
  • Hell even nunzio
BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BATMAYNE
[QUOTE="BATMAYNE"][QUOTE="tidus_swain"][QUOTE="BATMAYNE"]

[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]and also HHH is the best wreslter on Raw is a good point.flamingskullz

• Chris Benoit
  • Gregory Helms
  • Paul London
  • Brian Kendrick
  • Randy Orton
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Kid Kash
  • Booker T

plus RVD

• chavo guerreo
  • super crazy
  • finley
  • lashley
  • Hell even nunzio

Yeah, I somehow forgot RVD even though he leads the pack on RAW. I edited my post a few minutes ago.

tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tidus_swain
HHH is a fantastic wrestler, and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Im not saying the others arnt in his league, just in my opinion he is the best
BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BATMAYNE

HHH is a fantastic wrestler, and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Im not saying the others arnt in his league, just in my opinion he is the besttidus_swain

Ok, like you said, that's your opinion and you have the right to have one.

But just for the record, can you tell us why you think HHH is the best?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
When I saw the topic of this thread made by Dude, I was confused. :P

Someone said HHH is the best wrestler on Raw...my head hurts...:(

Anywho, I'll comment on his first point, at least. I might comment on 2 & 3 later.
1.HHH vs Cena is a "fresh matchup", because we haven't seen it before. Wrestlemania matches should take months to develop, which would make the WM match that much more important. Edge vs Cena would've been a nice feud going into WM, in my opinion. This guy may call the matchup "fresh", but it's "fresh" because nobody wanted to see it before.

scoobypat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 scoobypat
Member since 2003 • 6781 Posts

[QUOTE="Pack_Man"] [QUOTE="dak_phoenix"]RVD popped up from nowhere and he was in the finals already to me thats not fair.flamingskullz

he didnt just pop there he beat carlito and masters, and besides who would you rather have champ, HHH a guy who shud be tryin to put over younger stars, or RVD arguably on of the most underused stars eventhou he is over wit the fans.

I think what he is implying is why would RVD be in the Road to Wresltemania tournament after being hurt and coming back while guys who had be working the entire year weren't entered, it is a valid point. On topic I think that HHH is a good choice too, I look at it like this, the fans obviously aren't liking the cliche and defend the fans Cena so they most likely will rally behind basically the anti-cena HHH. I personally would love to see HHH beat the hell out of him, in fact Iwould have rather that instead of seeing RVD or Big show. See Cena has been pushed so hard and had such unbelievable victories (literally unbelievable) that HHH is the only guy who actually seems like he can credibly defeat him.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

I think the guy does bring out some valid points but it doesn't pull me over to agree with opening thread statement.

Triple H is one of the biggest heels right now in the WWE. Don't believe me? Just listen to Hunter's elimination at the Royal Rumble match this past year. The triple threat match for the RAW main-event spot came down to three guys...
- Hunter; coming in as the biggest heel worker of the match.
- Big Show; neutral attitude but a general face worker.
- RVD; biggest face of the match with an opportunity to win the WWE Title for the first time ever.

Now Cena is portrayed as a top babyface so it'd make sense for the main-event at WM22 of RAW to see heel/face workers. The logic roots down to the face/heel reflection. Now WWE and logic don't mix yet the decision to put Hunter in the main-event makes sense when looking at it from a different perspective. Now if it was Edge with the title, it would be a different situation since he is a heel worker. If this was the situation, RVD would have most probably have won the shot for the title. It just depended on the scenario and we were stuck with Cena. Show doesn't really fit in the saga but his role evened out the match and the storyline behind it all.

I personally feel that Hunter is a great worker in the ring. I am not going to ramble on about his charisma but bottom line is he can still put on a good match, especially at WM. His ego and politics got involved though which isn't really debatable. He won't manage to put Cena over as a face in all this though. If he's getting more cheers than the champ, there's a problem.

I can't really say much but when both guys enter the arena at WM22, Hunter will know he made the wrong decision. Putting the strap back on Cena was a bad move. He won the title back three weeks after he lost it. Considering he was starting to get his spark up during the period, it was buried (along with Edge) as soon as he wore the title around his waist again.

tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tidus_swain

[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]HHH is a fantastic wrestler, and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Im not saying the others arnt in his league, just in my opinion he is the bestBATMAYNE

Sure.

I really began to like HHH at No way out one year. It was HHH vs Austin, 3 stages of hell. Everyone then said that HHH was only a wrestler, that he couldnt brawl. he was ounstanding in that match, and it's my favourite match of all time.

The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.

He's resiliance. He fought on against Jericho and benoit in a tag title match, even though he was injured, an injury that took him out of action for several months.

im not really good at justifying how good Triple H really is, but if you have watched him long enough you will know he is one of the best in the buisness, and will pick up an 11th world title reign at wrestlemania

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.tidus_swain
Kick out? Oh please. Just ask Ulitmate Warrior. :lol:
Avatar image for master4scorpion
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 master4scorpion
Member since 2005 • 16494 Posts
[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.hbk91

I still remeber taht match :lol:
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

[QUOTE="hbk91"][QUOTE="tidus_swain"]The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.master4scorpion

I still remeber taht match :lol:

that was, hands down, the coolest moment of that century. I mena, now, that move is like a death sentence. Also, so what, saying no one kicks out of it really isnt that great, the same can be said about the RKO, the dominator, the clothesline from hell, frog splash, hogans legdrop, hell even the dropping da dime.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Piff I'm am wondering as to what they will do with Edge and Cena after WM
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JML897
[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.hbk91

Also...if Pedigree is the most devastating finisher, then where does the Pepsi Plunge rank?
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 master4scorpion
[QUOTE="hbk91"][QUOTE="tidus_swain"]The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.JML897

Also...if Pedigree is the most devastating finisher, then where does the Pepsi Plunge rank?

Damn That would kill it
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]
[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.hbk91

That soft ass move. It's nothing, I do that to my little cousin all the time. And she's a girl. :P
lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
im gonna say that the pedigree is one of the best finishers right now in wwe, i know the pepsi plunge is the real killa', but u cant still say that pedigree isnt cool, and one of the best right now
BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BATMAYNE

I really began to like HHH at No way out one year. It was HHH vs Austin, 3 stages of hell. Everyone then said that HHH was only a wrestler, that he couldnt brawl. he was ounstanding in that match, and it's my favourite match of all time.tidus_swain

That was a good match, but pretty much any match with "Hell" in the title owns.

The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.tidus_swain

I like the Pedigree, but it's not that devastating. Anyone remember Flair kicking out of it 2 or 3 times in one match? Anyone remember Big Show kicking out of it just a few weeks ago? Anyone remember WM 12 when Ultimate Warrior no-sold the Pedigree and then proceeded to squash HHH?

He's resiliance. He fought on against Jericho and benoit in a tag title match, even though he was injured, an injury that took him out of action for several months.tidus_swain

Actually, it was revealed all he did in that match was stub his toe and he felt like he needed a break.

j/k...

but if you have watched him long enough you will know he is one of the best in the buisnesstidus_swain

I have watched him for a long time. When he was in DX with Shawn Michaels they were my two favorites.

Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

First of all I don't understand why people wanted to see RVD win the match on RAW, or even THOUGHT he was going to win. What kind of main event is Cena vs. RVD? You know there's no way that was going to happen.

Triple H is not only the best wrestler on RAW, but the best wrestler in WWE. He's proven that many times over the years. He has an unbelieveable passion and respect for the buisness, and whatever match he's in, he's on on his best game, always looking like he knows exactly what he's doing out there. The only other guys I can think of that fits this discription are Undertaker, Kurt Angle(now that he's a experienced veteran in WWE), and Shawn Michaels. The guy is a heel and well I rarely ever see him get booed. He's cheered all the time. RVD is a boring superstar and his style is not one that will bring anything interesting to the WWE Title picture. HHH and Cena's feud will be gold, as much as I hate Cena, he's an amazing superstar.

John Cena vs. Triple H at WM22 will be an unbelieveable main event. Unlike that stupid one last year where NOBODY would have ever guessed that Batista would win it, this will be exciting, entertaining, and unpredictable. I would like to thank the one and only, Triple H for his great work over the years. He is often overlooked because of the "backstage powers" nonsense which is not true at all.

master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 master4scorpion

RVD is a boring superstar

Rage11
That killed me.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kotenks

Smark sense tingling doth this man be owned soon? Ay me! RVD is boring...you fail at watching Wrestling. If you said meh I don't like RVD you'd be okay but to say he's boring kills every thing. Just because he doesn't beat old people to death with sledgehammers doesn't mean he's boring.

Here's a question, Cena at his best vs. HHH at his best. Who is the better wrestler? For HHH we'll go with 2002 and Cena we'll go with 2003

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Dude14
 [QUOTE="tidus_swain"]but if you have watched him long enough you will know he is one of the best in the buisnessBATMAYNE

I have watched him for a long time. When he was in DX with Shawn Michaels they were my two favorites.

I remember the days when Triple H was a regular wrestler saddled with a lame blueblood gimmick stuck in a feud with a wrestling garbage man.  I watched him go from this to D-X, to his heel turn, to the McMahon-Helmsley era story, through the quad injury and return and subsequent failure as a face to the McMahon-Helmsley era reality.  So, I know a thing or two about Triple H.

There was a long stretch of time where Triple H was probably among my top 3 favorite wrestlers.  Early 2000, when he was feuding with Foley, I would have called Triple H the best heel in the business.  Times change.

What happened was that Triple H became the most over pushed wrestler this side of Jeff Jarrett from 2002-2006.  Triple H is good, but in the face of plummeting house show attendance, buy rates and TV ratings, the story was the same at the top.  Triple H was either the champion, or he was challenging the champion, all the while burying guys he didn't want to job to.  From when he was handed the World Title in Unforgiven 2002, it wasn't until Bad Blood 2004 that a PPV occurred where Triple H was neither the champion nor the challenger for the Title, but he was still in the main event.  His promos went from interesting to tedious to "lets see what else is on."  These days, I have to fight with myself not to change the channel when I see his goofy ass beard and more and more flabby physique and with Cena becoming his primary opponent, it'll likely become a losing battle.

While Triple H is still good in the ring, my opinion is that he's definately not the best on Raw, he'd be lucky to be top 5, these days.  Triple H vs John Cena actually has the potential to be a good match, but its likely you'll have trouble keeping me awake for it, because it'd be difficult to find two wrestlers I care less about.

BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BATMAYNE

because it'd be difficult to find two wrestlers I care less about.The_Dude14

How about Jeff Hardy & Jeff Jarret?

SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

First of all I don't understand why people wanted to see RVD win the match on RAW, or even THOUGHT he was going to win. What kind of main event is Cena vs. RVD? You know there's no way that was going to happen.

Triple H is not only the best wrestler on RAW, but the best wrestler in WWE. He's proven that many times over the years. He has an unbelieveable passion and respect for the buisness, and whatever match he's in, he's on on his best game, always looking like he knows exactly what he's doing out there. The only other guys I can think of that fits this discription are Undertaker, Kurt Angle(now that he's a experienced veteran in WWE), and Shawn Michaels. The guy is a heel and well I rarely ever see him get booed. He's cheered all the time. RVD is a boring superstar and his style is not one that will bring anything interesting to the WWE Title picture. HHH and Cena's feud will be gold, as much as I hate Cena, he's an amazing superstar.

John Cena vs. Triple H at WM22 will be an unbelieveable main event. Unlike that stupid one last year where NOBODY would have ever guessed that Batista would win it, this will be exciting, entertaining, and unpredictable. I would like to thank the one and only, Triple H for his great work over the years. He is often overlooked because of the "backstage powers" nonsense which is not true at all.

Rage11

HHH is ONE OF, not THE best wrestler in the WWE. You dont see HHH get booed? I guess even you fall asleep in his promos so you cant tell, and its not good booing (like what Edge brings in) he gets boring chants. RVD is good in the ring, twice as good as HHH and Cena. I guess you didnt notice the huge RVD chants last week either, hes twice as over with the fans as well. He is a far better choice for champ right now than either HHH or Cena.

Cena and HHH's feud will be FAR from amazing. If its gonna be such a good feud, just wait until Trips gets cheered and Cena gets booed. Thats not supposed to happen. I think its funny how you call last years main event "stupid". I guess only a "stupid" main event could draw in for one of the most watched WM's of all time. THAT feud was gold, Batista was over with the fans like he needed to be, Cena isnt. The build was incredible. The build for the match wont be nearly as good as last years storyline was. As far as the match goes, it will be nothing more than meh.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]because it'd be difficult to find two wrestlers I care less about.BATMAYNE

How about Jeff Hardy & Jeff Jarret?

Touche' :P.
_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts
For once, i actually agree with McNeil, for the most part. However, Edge/Cena would've been more logical. It would've had more build and the strong numbers on RAW proved that it had the makings of a credible Main Event. Another thing i disagree with is his argument that HHH is the best choice for Cena in terms of crowd control. Um, last time i checked, HHH was getting consistent face pops almost every Monday night. For a guy who's supposed to be the top heel, that's not a good thing. At this point, it doesn't matter if you put Cena in the ring with Attila the Hun, the adult male demographic simply won't cheer for him. They can play it off all they want, but sooner or later this is going to evolve into a MAJOR problem that they're gonna have to deal with. Cena should've been turned heel after New Year's Resolution, and Angle should've been turned face. Cena needs to go back to what got him over in the first place - his attitude and his own written material. Angle would've chased Cena for the title till WM, where angle would've won it.
LEO_GREY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 LEO_GREY
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts
[QUOTE="BATMAYNE"]

[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]HHH is a fantastic wrestler, and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Im not saying the others arnt in his league, just in my opinion he is the besttidus_swain

Sure.

I really began to like HHH at No way out one year. It was HHH vs Austin, 3 stages of hell. Everyone then said that HHH was only a wrestler, that he couldnt brawl. he was ounstanding in that match, and it's my favourite match of all time.

The Pedigree is my favourite finisher. It is so devastating, and i have not seen many kick out of it.

He's resiliance. He fought on against Jericho and benoit in a tag title match, even though he was injured, an injury that took him out of action for several months.

im not really good at justifying how good Triple H really is, but if you have watched him long enough you will know he is one of the best in the buisness, and will pick up an 11th world title reign at wrestlemania

Ok. The Pedigree, just like all Cena finishers are pure crap... I think the stupid (but extremely entertainment) people elbow was more devastating. You want some really cool finishers; look at the five star frog splash, vandaminator, the crossface, and the tombstone.

LEO_GREY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LEO_GREY

Rage11

That main event (Cena-RVD) would have sucked, but not because of RVD. RVD is one of the top wrestlers in WWE, man I have friends that only watch wrestling because of him (and Mr. Kennedy... Kennedy).

Cena isn't anything near a superstar, at least not in wrestling. His lack of ability, and those crappy finishers (oh come on the F-U was like the parody of an F-5 and I would never consider STF a finisher, not even if it had all the U's in the world) makes some real bad matches (except when you have excellent superstars that made some sort of good wrestling, but in the end, he wins, so it's still crap). RVD would be a better champ by far, at least in the actual wrestling department.

And the Cena-HHH match would be crap man; I'm more interested in the SD! Main event (and I hate the Eddie Guerrero heat used in the storyline, it makes me sick). Come on, the RAW main event in WM21 was way better on the built up, I didn't like that match (or any of the Triple H - Batista Matches), but they had a really good storyline, I really wanted to see it. But this year RAW main event was made like what, three or four weeks, there can't be a really outstanding feud from that. I would have go for the Edge (as champion) against Cena, it would have been more entertaining. I think I’m more interested in the inevitable Shawn - McMahon match, and I actually hate that storyline. So that's the reason I think that match would suck, a match were the heel will be cheer, and the face will take the heat, Better watch the SD! Match, even if the storyline is disgusting and it's over with the two challengers.

LEO_GREY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LEO_GREY

The HHH /Cena match would be like the HHH/Booker T match from WMXIX (the worst match of the event).

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 flamingskullz

Rage11

You have no idea about what you are talking about. RVD boring?

Triple H a better wrestler than Angle or Benoit? :lol:

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#42 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Oh, haha i thought it was you posting this until you posted the link at the bottom

I wondered why it didn't say somewhere that Cena has absoloutely no in ring talent, which seems to be the buzz going on around here (i actually don't mind him).

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#43 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
[QUOTE="Rage11"]

flamingskullz

You have no idea about what you are talking about. RVD boring?

Triple H a better wrestler than Angle or Benoit? :lol:

Indeed. Also i think that over the years of hunter being pushed an unbelievable amount because he's the bosses son or whatever, he's gotten kinda lazy at some stuff.

Maybe thats just me though.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JML897

He is often overlooked because of the "backstage powers" nonsense which is not true at all.

Rage11

Now you're just being naive.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kotenks
Hand me my long sword, Did someone say Cena can't wrestle?.... Nah he can he's just a lazy ass
_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts

RVD better than HHH? :lol:

Seriously, i know alot of you guys cream over him, but let's face facts here - RVD sucks. He's sloppy, limited in the ring, and his formula has gone stale. The only thing he ever had going for him was how insanely over he was back in 2001/2002. The WWE missed the boat and now he's deadweight. I just wish he'd leave, honestly. HHH is indeed overrated, but to say that a spot monkey like RVD is a better worker is just laughable.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WWEMAN101

Hand me my long sword, Did someone say Cena can't wrestle?.... Nah he can he's just a lazy assKotenks

whiule i hate cena, I have to agree.

The first couple years, he was great. In OVW he was better. Now WWE is just turing him into Hulk Hogan next gen. Let me explain.

Hulkamania= Chain Gang

Hulk did the same freaking moves every time, body slam, big boot, leg drop, its over. But with Cena, well, he has six. BIG difference there, huh. I don't need to explain cause I know we all know those moves.

Uh, if you havnt noticed, they both get their asses handed to them for 7/8 of every match they have, then they rally and win with their respective "Moves of Death."

Also, one more thing, Hogan was supposed to be the "underdog," when he face the Iron Sheik for the title all those years ago. Whle he was in WWE, after that happened, he became "the greatest of all time."(yeah right) Remember, Cena was the "underdog," at WM 21, even though everyone here knew he would win. After that, now he's become "the greatest of all time," (once again, yeah right.)

However, unlike hogan, we've all seen that Cena CAN wrestle, he just doesn't. Why, I don't know. I can only hope that he pulls of a good match with the game at Wrestlemania, cause that Triple Threat on the SD side of things will be hard to beat.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WWEMAN101

Seriously, i know alot of you guys cream over him, but let's face facts here - RVD sucks. He's sloppy, limited in the ring, and his formula has gone stale. The only thing he ever had going for him was how insanely over he was back in 2001/2002. The WWE missed the boat and now he's deadweight. I just wish he'd leave, honestly. HHH is indeed overrated, but to say that a spot monkey like RVD is a better worker is just laughable.

_Muta

my friend, are you in denial. RVD, in one word, well, owns. I would be glad to explain, but I dont want this double post to be too long.

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
[QUOTE="_Muta"]

WWEMAN101

my friend, are you in denial. RVD, in one word, well, owns. I would be glad to explain, but I dont want this double post to be too long.

you can go now, since it wont be double post:)

inferno-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 inferno-gaa
Member since 2005 • 1714 Posts

IMO, the only reason people are hating this feud is because of Cena's wrestling ability and HHH's title runs. You may be saying DUH! right now but think about it...

HHH isn't champion but a great grappling wrestler, so we can expect a great match from him.

Cena CAN put on good matches. Just look at his debut against Kurt Angle. I think throughout the past year since the WWE decided what they would do with Cena they got lazy since they already planned him to win.(except for Vengance of course). The only way he can convince us that he can legitimately beat "H" is not through "The six moves of Doom" but through cancelling out HHH's moves through grappling HHH and actually forcing to do some moves once in a while.

I know to me this PPV is only a let down through Cena vs. Triple H, but Edge vs. Foley, Orton vs. Angle, the Money In The Bank something match (it won't be a ladder this year) and the specualtive HBKvs. Jannety all aren't looking to bad. If only WWE just treated its superstars better, we probably would have got 3:16 vs. Sting or something amazing like that.