What was the best or your favorite wrestling promotion?

oreoshane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oreoshane
Member since 2005 • 4472 Posts
M'kay theres all the indys ones that I don't know.... There is CZW, ECW, TNA, WWF, WWE, WCW, and that Japan one...:P
I'd say my favorites are WWF not WWE cause after they changed the name IMO it started to go downhill and TNA which is pretty self explainitory.
inferno-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 inferno-gaa
Member since 2005 • 1714 Posts
The WWF Additude era and WCW. Good times. The peak IMHO that wrestling can reach.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
Yep the WWF Attitude Era was the best. It brought out the best in the WWE when they tried to garner some ratings against WCW. What competition they had.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

I am going with both the WWF and WWE.

They both have their pros' and cons' but for me they've both been compelling and earn my approval of being the best wrestling promotion of all time.

As much as I'd like to say TNA, well it is a fairly new fed and it hasn't evolved just yet to be as popular as the WWF/E. Who knows though? In 10 years time my opinion could change.

Skaterfool99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Skaterfool99
Member since 2004 • 12731 Posts
i liked the wrestlemania commercials those were funny
Lord_Malign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Lord_Malign
Member since 2004 • 4483 Posts
I am going with WCW.
MiJV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 MiJV
Member since 2004 • 2307 Posts

The WWF Attitude Era was great time to be a wrestling fan, some of the best feuds and matches ever took place during that time

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I'm gonna go with TNA.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I'm gonna go with the majority, and say the WWF Attitude Era. There were just so many reasons to watch, unlike today's WWE. Whether it was D-X's hilarious skits, Rock and Stone Cold being amazing whenever they were on screen, The Corporation(and Ministry of Darkness, and Corporate Ministry), and the awesome feuds between Dudleyz/Hardyz/E&C...it was a great time to be a wrestling fan.

However, it should've been WCW. It's just a shame that they were run by morons. They had a great collection of talent, but between the nWo not getting out of the way and Russo, it sucked horribly.

It could've been ECW, but since I was a mark back then, I didn't see much of it until it was dying anyway.

Today, my favorite fed is probably ROH. Amazing fed, with emphasis on wrestling(with damn good wrestlers, to boot). If Jeff f'n Jarrett will get out of the way, my favorite fed will probably be TNA...but not while he's still there.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

They both have their pros' and cons' but for me they've both been compelling and earn my approval of being the best wrestling promotion of all time.

As much as I'd like to say TNA, well it is a fairly new fed and it hasn't evolved just yet to be as popular as the WWF/E. Who knows though? In 10 years time my opinion could change.

hbk91

Yeah, that sums up my choice and feelings as well.

davidsamta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 davidsamta
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts
I'm gonna go with TNA. keiblerfan69
me too
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

As of right now, Ring of Honor rocks everyone else's socks off (wow, that was overly cheesy).

All-Time Rankings:

1.  WWF
2.  ROH
3.  ECW
4.  WCW
5.  TNA
6.  WWE

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

hbk91

I agree EXCEPT the WWE part, just face it, WWE's product sucks (the first 2 years were good though). I dont really care how unpopular TNA is, its not a popularity contest, its a wrestling contest.

My List:

• TNA
  • WWF
  • ROH
  • ECW
  • WWE
  • WCW
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897
By the way, this is how I would rank the (major) promotions. It only goes back to the Attitude era, though -- nothing before.

WWF(Attitude Era)
ROH
TNA
ECW
WCW
Current WWE

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link256

I do not understand why everyone trys to seperate WWF from the WWE?

• Vince McMahon Still owns
  • A good number of the same superstars are still there, such as Triple H, Kane, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Big Show Booker T, and etc.
  • Same history
  • Same championship belts
  • Same PPVs
  • Same Brands
  • and etc.

I am sorry, but I simply do not understand how you could seperate the two, seeing how the WWF is the WWE. :? :|

SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts
Rankings:

WWF Attitude - What can i say. It was great. Back then i LOVED WWF. It consumed me. We had DX , stone cold, the rock, E n C, Hard Boyz, Dudleyz, all that good stuff. I mean come on now. Every week they gave you a reason to watch.

ROH: NOw when you think the sport of professional wrestling you probably think that sweaty touchy feely highschool / college wrestling. But i think of RoH. There matches are always filled with excitement and aren't as spotty as say TNA X Division matches IMO. It's more based around wrestling that storylines. It's the Anti WWE.. It's Anti Sports Entertainment.

TNA: OK. TNA would have gotten ahead of ROH if it wasn't for Jarret and some bad planning. TNA's X Division matches can be a little bit too spotty at times but it's all good.  By bad planning in mean not ever giving a former NWA  champion a mtach on TV. That and the fact that somehow JArret keeps getting the title.  It's not fair that when Raven loses the title he automatically gets out of the world title scene but when Jarret loses it he's always number one contender. It's not the fact that it's raven that this has happened to..it's the fact that the entire thing is bad polotics. People don't want to see Jarret  main even PPV after PPV after PPV. Can't you make someone else into a better hee;? Jesus.

ECW : ECW to me now is meh. iT's better than WWE but it's meh. People think that ECW was all about the hardcore..that ECW was only a revolution because of the hardcore...it's NOT about that because many people have done hardcore before. It was about doing things that were never done in a wrestling company before.  It was fresh it was new..while the other part of the wrestling word was still during thier " cartoonish" age ECW was doing stories that were reality compared to some of the things that was on WCW and WWF at the time.  ECW had started something that everyone else wanted to copy...WWF had the attitude era...WCW ...well...they decided to completely lash out at ECW for being different and try to beat ECW to death at any point. 

that's all i have to say.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JML897

I do not understand why everyone trys to seperate WWF from the WWE?

• Vince McMahon Still owns
  • A good number of the same superstars are still there, such as Triple H, Kane, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Big Show Booker T, and etc.
  • Same history
  • Same championship belts
  • Same PPVs
  • Same Brands
  • and etc.

I am sorry, but I simply do not understand how you could seperate the two, seeing how the WWF is the WWE. :? :|

Link256

But it was just so completely different, which is why I classify the two as separate promotions.

And another thing -- they didn't really have the same brands, per se. Sure, there was Raw and SD(even though SD came later), but the rosters were combined.
And, they didn't have the same championship belts -- the only real belts that stayed the same are the tag titles, women's title, and IC titles(and if you count the WWF/E belt, but it looks different). The Cruiserweight is new(well, sorta -- it was just called something different as the Light-Heavyweight title, which was more of a joke than the current Cruiser title), the World Heavyweight Title is kinda new to WWF/E, since it was in WCW...same with U.S. Title. Also, the Hardcore and Euro titles are no more.
And sure, the major PPVs are the same, but many of the others are different(No King of the Ring, for example).

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I am sorry, but I simply do not understand how you could seperate the two, seeing how the WWF is the WWE. :? :|Link256

I seperate them because the WWE has allowed me to seperate them.  They may be the same company, but the type of product I associate with the World Wrestling Federation is vastly different than the type of product I associate with World Wrestling Entertainmet.

In the end, its all a matter perception.  It may be the same company, run by the same people, delivering the same product.  However, that is not the way I perceive.  When Vince and Co. "got the "F" out" and became World Wrestling Entertainment they became a new entity, in my mind, a divider was placed between the WWE and the WWF.  When I talk about the WWF, I don't mean the shows that appear on Monday and Friday, I mean the wrestling promotion that I loved from the 1980s-2002.  When I refer to WWE, I don't mean the company that I watched as a kid.  It may be the same company, but I don't associate them as the same company.

All right, its time for me to stop, as I'm getting dangerously close to a philosophical rant.  Bottom line:  I think I can speak for everyone, we seperate the WWF from WWE because we can.  We associate those names with entirely different products, which is why we seperate them.

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
I'm gonna go with WWF not WWE. I grew up on WWF, it was more exciting. A lot more matches and less talking. As soon as WWF changed to WWE it all went downhill for some reason. At first I thought it was becuase maybe I was getting older and wrestling wasn't all that fun to watch anymore. Then I started going on here and realizing that I'm not the only one. Then I watched TNA for the first time when it was on The Best Damn Sports Show Period and I saw a Ultimate X match. (Which was freakin crazy) Then I realized that it wasn't that I was getting older it was that the WWE is just getting boring.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Link256

I seperate them because the WWE has allowed me to seperate them.  They may be the same company, but the type of product I associate with the World Wrestling Federation is vastly different than the type of product I associate with World Wrestling Entertainmet.

In the end, its all a matter perception.  It may be the same company, run by the same people, delivering the same product.  However, that is not the way I perceive.  When Vince and Co. "got the "F" out" and became World Wrestling Entertainment they became a new entity, in my mind, a divider was placed between the WWE and the WWF.  When I talk about the WWF, I don't mean the shows that appear on Monday and Friday, I mean the wrestling promotion that I loved from the 1980s-2002.  When I refer to WWE, I don't mean the company that I watched as a kid.  It may be the same company, but I don't associate them as the same company.

All right, its time for me to stop, as I'm getting dangerously close to a philosophical rant.  Bottom line:  I think I can speak for everyone, we seperate the WWF from WWE because we can.  We associate those names with entirely different products, which is why we seperate them.

The_Dude14

IMHO, the reason everyone tries to seperate WWF from the WWE simply because the quality of the product is lower. If the quality of the product were same or better, I think more wrestling fans would associate WWF and WWE as being the same company. If most everybody on here wants to think of WWF and WWE as being two different companies, well... more power to you. 8)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#21 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I dont know of so many good promos since i dont have any wrestling channels. Best Promo i like Kurt Angle Brock Lesnar promo , cause i liked their rivalry in 2003:D
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts
ECW, TNA, and WWF attitude era.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
For me it was easily the WWF Attitude Era.... I loved watching DX and the Nation feud, plus all the great matches The Rock had with Stone Cold.