Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

The official consoles for this game are.....
PlayStation 2, X-Box 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation Portable, and Nintendo DS

In this thread, y'all can talk about this game, what you think should be in it, what you predict will be in it, and so forth. This thread will be updated by your fellow WWEv members with official info for the next iteration in the SmackDown vs. RAW series.

--------------------------------------------------

SUPERSTARS
Batista (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Bobby Lashley (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Carlito (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Chavo Guerrero (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Chris Masters (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
CM Punk (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Edge (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Elijah Burke (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Finlay (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Gregory Helms (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Hardcore Holly (DS)
Jeff Hardy (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
John Cena (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Johnny Nitro (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
JTG (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Kane (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Kenny Dykstra (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
King Booker (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Marcus Cor Von (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Mark Henry (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Matt Hardy (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Mr. Kennedy (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
MVP (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Randy Orton (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Rey Mysterio (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Ric Flair (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Sandman (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
SHAD (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Shawn Michaels (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Snitsky (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
The Great Khali (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Tommy Dreamer (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Triple H (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Umaga (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Undertaker (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
William Regal (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)

DIVAS
Ashley (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Candice Michelle (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Kelly Kelly (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Melina (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Michelle McCool (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Mickie James (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Torrie Wilson (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)

LEGENDS
Bret Hart (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Eddie Guerrero (PSP)
Jim Neidhart (PSP)
Mick Foley (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Rick Rude (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Roddy Piper (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Sabu (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Sgt. Slaughter (PSP)
Steve Austin (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Terry Funk (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
The Rock (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Armando Estrada (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Ashley (DS)
JBL (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Jerry Lawler (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Jillian Hall (DS)
Jim Ross (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Joey S_tyles (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Jonathan Coachman (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Justin Roberts (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Lilian Garcia (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Maria (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Melina (DS)
Michael Cole (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Mickie Henson (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Mike Chioda (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Mr. McMahon (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Nick Patrick (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Shane McMahon (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Stephanie McMahon (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Tazz (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Theodore Long (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP)
Tony Chimmel (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)
Torrie Wilson (DS)
Triple H (in a suit) (PS3, X360, Wii, PS2, PSP)

Nyah's the links to the discussion threads for the previous games in the series.....
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007

Other links:
WWEv Alternative: Custom Themes for WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 (X360)
WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 (X360) Achievements
"Generations" Trailer
Superstar Tutorial

Links to provided SVR08 Matches.

ECW Extreme Rules Match: CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio (PS3, X360)

Hell in a Cell: Batista versus Undertaker (PS3, X360)

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

wow, hurray. another SvR. unless this one is significantly improved and different than the rest...then why don't they just update 2007 and NOT make a new one. it's the same reason Madden games suck these days. it's the same game every year except minor changes that don't add much overall and only  a new roster.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
THQ needs to do a lot of improvements and add some new fun features to make me buy this game. SvR07 was probably one of the worst Smackdown games (behind the first SvR). The storyline was awful to me, and so many plugs just to make us go to www.WWE.com, or read their magazines. Half the storyline was probably done on the Website. The storyline videos were boring and really short, and generic.

Gary is right, Smackdown series is becoming Madden-esc.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sephy37

THQ needs to do a lot of improvements and add some new fun features to make me buy this game. SvR07 was probably one of the worst Smackdown games (behind the first SvR). The storyline was awful to me, and so many plugs just to make us go to www.WWE.com, or read their magazines. Half the storyline was probably done on the Website. The storyline videos were boring and really short, and generic.

Chicago_Nut

i think they should go back to the original Smackdown game and use the RPG elements it had. like say you do well in hardcore matches, then you got a +Hardcore slot, or if you became allies with HHH then you got a Friend HHH slot or Enemy HHH slot. then instead of a linear storyline, you can pick and choose stuff like Smackdown let you do.

i forget what they really were called, but if you played the game, you know what i mean.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
The source for this is myself. After watching several WWE programs, I have created a roster that is the most likely seeing as WM is the deadline. I see no other place for where this might go. Random Wrestling Posts is possible but I believe this roster alone is a good topic. Agree or diagree. State why.

17 superstars

RAW:
Edge
John Cena
Shawn Michaels
Randy Orton
Johnny Nitro
Umaga
Jeff Hardy
JTG
Great Khali
Shad
Shelton Benjamin
Charlie Haas
Triple H
Carlito
Super Crazy
Ric Flair
Kenny Dystra

Smackdown:
Batista
Chris Benoit
Finlay
Joey Mercury
Matt Hardy
London
Kendrick
The Undertaker
King Booker
Mr. Kennedy
William Regal
Scotty 2 hotty
Kane
Gregory Helms
Chavo Guerrerro
Daivari

ECW:
CM Punk
RVD
Sandman
Tommy Dreamer
Elijah Brooke
Hardcore Holly
Sabu
Bobby Lashley
Kevin Thorn

Divas:
Mickie James
Melina
Maria
Victoria
Ariel
Kelly Kelly
Candice Michelle
Ashley Massaro

The following legends are simply fictious, based both on likelyness and previous incarnations of smackdown

Legends:
Old School DX Shawn Michaels
Rockers Shawn Michaels
WMX Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
Stone Cold Steve Austin 2003 *the bike entrance*
The Rock *Bald Heel with tatoos*
Hulk Hogan
Eddie Guerrero
Mick Foley
Mr. Perfect
Shane McMahon
Tazz
Jerry Lawler
Vince McMahonKotenks

By my count, that's 64.  A few more than usual, but not out of the question.  The bulk of the list seems logical, though.  Though, THQ always manages to throw a few ridiculous curveballs, usually always making room for Lance Cade.

Way, way, way, way, way too many HBKs.  The only one that is significantly different in any way than the current HBK is the Rocker Variation and without Marty Jannetty that one is pointless.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Cryme Tyme, though.  Scotty seems kinda doubtful, but he is on file.

And while they'll probably be in, Kelly, Ashley, Bimbo 312, and even Maria have absolutely no place in a wrestling game.  Also, the ex-Mrs. Billy Kidman always seems to find a way in, deserved or not.

They've been champions for since well before the release of the last one, so you gotta hope London and Kendricks get in.

If it were me, I'd drop your 3 HBKs legends, Shane, Lawler and Vince in favor of Dibiase, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, The Dynamite Kid and Randy Savage.  Rocker Shawn can only stay if we get Rocker Marty Jannetty.  I'd also love to find room for Ricky Steamboat.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

wow, hurray. another SvR. unless this one is significantly improved and different than the rest...then why don't they just update 2007 and NOT make a new one. it's the same reason Madden games suck these days. it's the same game every year except minor changes that don't add much overall and only  a new roster.

sephy37

Unfortunatly, they are following the "sales are still stable, so it doesn't need fixing, and if it doesn't need fixing, don't fix it" Rule. However, I'm sure that if the sales were that low they wouldn't make a sequel.

Who knows, maybe the Wii will do for SvR what it did for Madden.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Dude14
A few more thoughts:

I'm going to keep saying it because maybe someone will listen, but I really hope the don't abandon the PS2.  After last year's massive letdown, there's no way I'm upgrading systems on a game I'm not sure I'll even like.

They've got their work cut out for them getting me optimistic this time around, because they really missed the mark last year.  However, they responded pretty well when JBI lowballed the expectations, but compared to 2007, JBI was a rousing success.  JBI was playable, at least.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sephy37

A few more thoughts:

I'm going to keep saying it because maybe someone will listen, but I really hope the don't abandon the PS2.  After last year's massive letdown, there's no way I'm upgrading systems on a game I'm not sure I'll even like.

They've got their work cut out for them getting me optimistic this time around, because they really missed the mark last year.  However, they responded pretty well when JBI lowballed the expectations, but compared to 2007, JBI was a rousing success.  JBI was playable, at least.
The_Dude14

i've been hearing that God of War II is the swansong of the PS2 so SvR 08 might not make the PS2 if it's being released in late 07.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Dude14
[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"]THQ needs to do a lot of improvements and add some new fun features to make me buy this game. SvR07 was probably one of the worst Smackdown games (behind the first SvR). The storyline was awful to me, and so many plugs just to make us go to www.WWE.com, or read their magazines. Half the storyline was probably done on the Website. The storyline videos were boring and really short, and generic. sephy37

i think they should go back to the original Smackdown game and use the RPG elements it had. like say you do well in hardcore matches, then you got a +Hardcore slot, or if you became allies with HHH then you got a Friend HHH slot or Enemy HHH slot. then instead of a linear storyline, you can pick and choose stuff like Smackdown let you do.

i forget what they really were called, but if you played the game, you know what i mean.

Man, I forgot all about that.  I'd love to see that return.  But they've been getting more linear on the Story Mode ever since they integrated voices.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]A few more thoughts:

sephy37

i've been hearing that God of War II is the swansong of the PS2 so SvR 08 might not make the PS2 if it's being released in late 07.

Yes it could cuz sony and other companies will stop making games 4 the PS2 in the year 2008 so we do have a chance of gettng SvR 08
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Dude14
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]A few more thoughts:

I'm going to keep saying it because maybe someone will listen, but I really hope the don't abandon the PS2. After last year's massive letdown, there's no way I'm upgrading systems on a game I'm not sure I'll even like.

They've got their work cut out for them getting me optimistic this time around, because they really missed the mark last year. However, they responded pretty well when JBI lowballed the expectations, but compared to 2007, JBI was a rousing success. JBI was playable, at least.
sephy37

Oh, I'm expecting that it won't be made for the PS2.  After all, that's something I want and what I want hasn't been in the WWE or THQ's plans for a while, it feels like.

I'm just hoping.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

I did HBK because they always have 3 different faces of a wrestler. I would need Marty Jennety though you're right.

I really hope for a day of Reckoning 3 though. In smackdown after an okay 30 minute match, both of us are red, I got to the top rope, I get hit with an unblockable clothesline and fall off and get pinned.

DOR 2 I hit 3 finishers and my opponent kicks out until I hit with a fourth and then spingboard off the ropes *not possible in smackdown* for the win in a great 30 minute match. When I lose in DOR2 I never feel cheated, whenI tap out in DOR2 I have 3 chances to reverse, the initial grapple, pick the same option as them or espace through the meter.

In DOR2 you can release subs whenever you want. The momentum system is definately something smackdown needs to steal.

Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts

I have very little interest in this game and I doubt that I will be getting it, the 360 is really coming into it's own right now and there will be many other great games on the 360 that overshadow it and if they continue to release the game in November, instead of another time of the year, where the gaming market is not so flooded, then this game will have almost no chance at all

My interest in Wrestling has fallen below Zero and I do not see myself buying this game at all

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chicago_Nut

I have very little interest in this game and I doubt that I will be getting it, the 360 is really coming into it's own right now and there will be many other great games on the 360 that overshadow it and if they continue to release the game in November, instead of another time of the year, where the gaming market is not so flooded, then this game will have almost no chance at all

My interest in Wrestling has fallen below Zero and I do not see myself buying this game at all

Rvdecwthug1976
I bet you a lot of people buy the game with no knowledge of wrestling. My friends dont watch it but we still play some older Smackdowns.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I'm going to keep saying it because maybe someone will listen, but I really hope the don't abandon the PS2.  After last year's massive letdown, there's no way I'm upgrading systems on a game I'm not sure I'll even like.The_Dude14
With the PlayStation 2 still having what would be consider solid numbers, I doubt that it will be abandon anytime soon, especially seeing how a) while more limited Xbox, continue to have video games released for it year after the release of Xbox 360, despite the Xbox popularity not being anywhere level of PS2 and b) THQ is the kind of company is known for porting their games to multiply systems.

So, with that being said, while its good idea to be prepared for possibility of it not happening - at the same time - as for the reasons suggested above, I think there is good possibility that it will happen.

In regards to God of War II being the console's "last good-bye," at this point, nothing more speculation. Besides, even if that is the case, while it will probably be the system's last "big" title, does not necessarily mean it will equal into being the system's last game.

gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

I did HBK because they always have 3 different faces of a wrestler. I would need Marty Jennety though you're right.

I really hope for a day of Reckoning 3 though. In smackdown after an okay 30 minute match, both of us are red, I got to the top rope, I get hit with an unblockable clothesline and fall off and get pinned.

DOR 2 I hit 3 finishers and my opponent kicks out until I hit with a fourth and then spingboard off the ropes *not possible in smackdown* for the win in a great 30 minute match. When I lose in DOR2 I never feel cheated, whenI tap out in DOR2 I have 3 chances to reverse, the initial grapple, pick the same option as them or espace through the meter.

In DOR2 you can release subs whenever you want. The momentum system is definately something smackdown needs to steal.

Kotenks

Good luck with that, the WWE Wii game probably won't be DoR3.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
they should scrap the WHOLE GAME ENGINE (same engine they have been using for ages, and just adding minor updates) they should build it from ground up for the nextgen consoles.(ps3 and 360, wii.....is not on the same level)
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
Like Dude said, I hope they don't abandon the PS2 since I don't plan on getting any other system unitl the price of the next gen console are at a reasonable, and affordable price. But I can't wait what they come up with this year. They should start fresh and make a brand new game, not just updating it from the last.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sephy37

i think they shouldn't do one every year. i mean it would be a lot better if they had a longer time to test everything and see if it works (unlike the 360 version which imo is BROKE) and get everything perfect.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chicago_Nut
Like Dude said, I hope they don't abandon the PS2 since I don't plan on getting any other system unitl the price of the next gen console are at a reasonable, and affordable price. But I can't wait what they come up with this year. They should start fresh and make a brand new game, not just updating it from the last.KevyR
Thats a long wait then, I heard both systems are not ready for a price change in about a year. But rumors are rumors.
Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
i think that they should get rid of the glitches like how they annoce diff things then whats happeing. they need to keep gm mode the hardcore in the crowd thing but make that possable in more matches. better story and roster. LOD as a legan tag team like in 2005s one.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Dude14
i think they shouldn't do one every year. i mean it would be a lot better if they had a longer time to test everything and see if it works (unlike the 360 version which imo is BROKE) and get everything perfect.sephy37
It wasn't any better on the PS2, trust me.

I'm not sure the development cycle is that big of a problem. While I certainly have no clue on the specifics, I think they've got the time, they just focus on the wrong things, like the story mode and squeezing in 2 more pixels to the character model. Seriously, the graphics are good, relax.

Also, if I were a next-gen guy, there are two things I'd really be upset if THQ didn't improve upon.
1. Number of wrestlers on screen: I want more than 6. I want to be able to do C lassic Survivor Series and Multi-Tag Team Matches, dammit.
2.  Custom Soundtracks:  I can't stress how old that music gets creating a CAW, among other possible uses.  Shame on THQ for not getting this in last year.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sephy37

forbidden>The_Dude14

whenever you get that problem, just hit back and put a space in the middle of the word.

gamespot doesn't allow the words

S tyle and C lassic cuz it's part of html codes and won't work unless they have a "=" after them i think

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"] forbidden>sephy37

whenever you get that problem, just hit back and put a space in the middle of the word.

gamespot doesn't allow the words

S tyle and C lassic cuz it's part of html codes and won't work unless they have a "=" after them i think

Dammit.  Fixed it now, but you'd think I'd have learned to check after all the time GS has screwed with me talking about AJ.  Now I know C lassic, too.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jackov
Added rumored systems and links to the previous SDvsRAW discussion threads (for '06 and '07).
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Not many people have touched on the online system. If anything that's put me off WWE SvR '07, it's easily rooted down to the countless number of quitters I have encountered while playing a match on Xbox Live. What's even more ridiculous is when someone quits while you're on a streak of wins, thus resetting it back to zero. There needs to be a punishment of some sort or lock during a match that wil disable quitters from quitting.

Though I have to admit, season mode was a fun experience to go through, especially since the locker room captured some qualities of the season mode in WWE SmackDown! 'Shut Your Mouth'. I only hope they develop it further.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts

Not many people have touched on the online system. If anything that's put me off WWE SvR '07, it's easily rooted down to the countless number of quitters I have encountered while playing a match on Xbox Live. What's even more ridiculous is when someone quits while you're on a streak of wins, thus resetting it back to zero. There needs to be a punishment of some sort or lock during a match that wil disable quitters from quitting.

Though I have to admit, season mode was a fun experience to go through, especially since the locker room captured some qualities of the season mode in WWE SmackDown! 'Shut Your Mouth'. I only hope they develop it further.

hbk91
I think a quit should be the equilivant of a loss.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

If they won't give you custom trcks then atleast give us all of the theme songs from past days. None of the game's soundtracks are good at all for entrances. Also Thy need to loop the music, I make an entrance for my CAW giving him chris masters stage, and now song except chris masters is long enough.

When I say loop I don't mean start the song over because that's a bit bad. Last year had that, my custom HBk entrance sounded bad. I also want some parts of the entrance to be custom

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
[QUOTE="KevyR"]Like Dude said, I hope they don't abandon the PS2 since I don't plan on getting any other system unitl the price of the next gen console are at a reasonable, and affordable price. But I can't wait what they come up with this year. They should start fresh and make a brand new game, not just updating it from the last.Chicago_Nut
Thats a long wait then, I heard both systems are not ready for a price change in about a year. But rumors are rumors.

Well it is not on the ps2 but it will be on the ps3 and 360 . Will it also be on nintendo?
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#30 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
rented 2007 on the xbox360, and its ok, still could use some improving for me at least. Wouldnt mind seeing maybe ECW being a locked prize. Dont care for the GM mode where you only have a portion of a brands lockerroom, rest being in free agency. And few times have created rivalries, made matches each week for them, and have them disappear the next week off my list. And finally, having only a few guys in title contention does limit some match making abilities for titles.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WWEMAN101
[QUOTE="hbk91"]

Though I have to admit, season mode was a fun experience to go through, especially since the locker room captured some qualities of the season mode in WWE SmackDown! 'Shut Your Mouth'. I only hope they develop it further.

trick_man01

I think a quit should be the equilivant of a loss.

I personally think that a quit should do more than lose a match. Maybe like 2 matches, or something. Or maybe, if they quit, their body will be a ragdoll in your game and you can beat the s*** out of them and pin them for their loss.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sephy37
IGN has a just posted reader wishlist that you can find here.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Dude14
IGN has a just posted reader wishlist that you can find here.sephy37
There are some good possible ideas buried in there... and a whole lotta really stupid ones.  I'd have trouble listening to my fans, too, if for every good idea there were 30 idiotic ones.
Invisible_Kid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Invisible_Kid2
Member since 2003 • 6330 Posts
i think they should have an online tag team option thing. if you and a friend tag online, all you'd have to do is trade eatchother your CAWs that you use in your team, and choose the same entrances, ect. then when you tag online, they would come out together.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
Wes takes inspiration from Tekken when looking at SVR… I have an idea that maybe you could put in your next/updated/reader's version of the wishlist. how about to take a step further from their attempt in chain grappling and the new analog system. Why not link moves better? Kind of like a fighting game with combos but more like in Tekken (a la King). in which certain moves link together easily, and try to complete that combination, and at the same time your opponent does have a chance to reverse each move, and it can turn out to be a really good wrestling match to watch! for example, instead of simply doing an STF (or stfu) you could do a half crab but to turn it into an stf, you have to hit another button or direction + button. Or when doing a jackhammer or a sitout powerbomb or a german suplex, you would have to hold the pin button right after the move in order to complete it as a pinning move - that way you can have it as both a pin or release move. This would also allow a much larger range of move sets, and obviously it depe nds on which basic moves your wrestler actually has (i.e. scoops, powerbombs, suplexes, etc.) Moreover, depending on your wrestler's style, you can only perform certain types. Also they need specific counters for each person, not just the default grabbing the leg and busting his knee technique. And you should be able to change/choose this for each wrestler. It will be especially fun for the CAWs because you can vary the moves so much that way, and would link well in my version of chain moves I listed above. I also think there should that weight class shouldn't completely distinguish whether someone can lift your opponent because there are heavier people within weight classes that still qualify for that class but are strong enough to lift someone in a higher class. Like the last game, a cruiserweight couldn't pick up HBK because he is classed as a heavyweight. I'm sure Rey Rey has no problems fireman carrying Shawn Michaels. ^^^This is the best one. I always liked that idea from the Legends of Wrestling series.
MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts

I'm really not interested in this game, I hardly play '07. And I loved that at first.( luckily for me I never got into the 2006 control scheme)

Unless they make some drastic changes, like..everything, I will not buy.

nsoliveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nsoliveira
Member since 2006 • 26075 Posts

I'll buy this game too! I want more superstars in the game!

Miz, Deuce&Domino, Tazz as wrestler.

TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#38 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts
Well , they should seriously improve on the season mode . I mean , not that it's bad , it's just that some of the storylines in SdvsRAW 07 are really boring and unentertaining . They should also re - introduce the " I quit " match , the Punjabi Prison match , the Lumberjack match , and various other cool match types . Improvements ? Hmmmm ... well , in 2008 , they should focus more on gameplay than on graphics .
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mja2k3

I'll buy this game too! I want more superstars in the game!

Miz, Deuce&Domino, Tazz as wrestler.

nsoliveira
Tazz is already in 07 man.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
New info and screenshots: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/776/776654p1.html
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mja2k3
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]New info and screenshots: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/776/776654p1.html

Good interview hopefully they live up to their word. 2007 didn't feel dated to me since that was the first Smackdown I played since Smackdown 2. I've never even played HCTP which everyone says is so geat.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jackov
Updated the first post, along with a revised poll.
ibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ibot
Member since 2003 • 245 Posts
i didnt play 07 but im looking forward to this one.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Dude14

Updated the first post, along with a revised poll.Jackov
Yup, and now that I know its on the PS2 its definately a "yes."

However, I'm not sure how excited I am about this game.  My confidence in THQ and Yukes really took a hit with SVR 07.  On paper, I like the sound of the new submission system, but that's only on paper.  Everything that was shown going into last year's game looked great, then I played it and hated it.

It does sound like they've got their head in the right place in improving the AI.

The "Fighting Style" thing does nothing for me.  For one, its been in the game for a few years, just never focused upon.  2, it seems entirely aesthetic.

The Story Mode sounds like a step in the right direction from what they gave us in the interview, but they didn't give us much.  He also said that they merged GM and Story together and that bothers me.  The GM Mode has so much untapped potential.  It its gone, I hope they upgrade the CAPPV.

If they drop the CAPPV, I will be upset.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jackov
Added a new article link to the first post.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I'm glad the PS2 is still given the chance to have the SVR 2008! game on the console. I can't afford any other console at the moment, so I'm still sticking with the PS2 version.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jackov
Also added the Eyes-On link to the Wii version. :D
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WWEMAN101

The opening to the Wii eyes on was perfect.

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jackov
Added the First Look to the DS version, along with '08's official logo.
Captious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Captious
Member since 2007 • 3374 Posts

Like Dude said, I hope they don't abandon the PS2 since I don't plan on getting any other system unitl the price of the next gen console are at a reasonable, and affordable price. But I can't wait what they come up with this year. They should start fresh and make a brand new game, not just updating it from the last.KevyR

Yea your right they should start a brand new game while keeping some of the things that people liked from the other one but I have a wii but i am hoping to get a PS3 before that because it will probaly be harder on the wii