Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

ROH Proudly Presents The Debut Of NWA Heavyweight Champion, Christian Cage

Long Island, NY- May 12th
Ring Of Honor
May 12th, 2005- 8pm start
Sports Plus Entertainment Center
110 New Moriches Road
Lake Grove, New York 11755

Tickets at Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster outlets or right here at ROHwrestling.com and by calling 215-781-2500.

Dream Partner Tag Match
ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson & ??? vs. NWA World Champion Christian Cage & ???

Grudge Match # 1
Austin Aries vs. Jay Briscoe

Grudge Match # 2
Roderick Strong vs. Mark Briscoe

The War Continues
Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli vs. BJ Whitmer & Adam Pearce

#1 Contender's match for the Tag Team Titles
The Embassy of Alex Shelley and Jimmy Rave with Prince Nana vs the Rottweilers of Homicide and and Ricky Reyes with Julius Smokes.

Battle Of The High Flyers
Jimmy Yang vs. Matt Sydal

Four Corner Survival
ROH Pure Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Colt Cabana vs. Delirious

Bonus Match
Kikitaro (formerly known as Ebessan) vs. Graduate From ROH Wrestling School

"ROH Legend" Samoa Joe Will Be In Long Island And Is Ready For A Fight

Edison, NJ- May 13th
Inman Sports Club
May 13, 2005- 8:00 pm belltime
990 Inman Avenue
Edison, NJ 08820

Tickets at Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster outlets or right here at ROHwrestling.com and by calling 215-781-2500.

Tag Team Title Match
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong defend vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

ROH World Title Match
Bryan Danielson defends vs. Delirious

Pure Title Match
Nigel McGuinness vs. Alex Shelley with Prince Nana & Daizee Haze

Grudge Match Main Event
Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher

Special Challenge Match
Christopher Daniels with Allison Danger vs. Matt Sydal

Grudge Match
Jimmy Yang vs. Jimmy Rave with Prince Nana & Daizee Haze

Bonus Attraction Match
Colt Cabana vs. Kikitaro (formerly Ebessan)

ROHvideos.com Match
Homicide & Ricky Reyes with Julius Smokes vs. Dunn & Marcos

The ROH vs. CZW war continues with ROH's Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer as well as CZW's Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli

Videos courtesy of http://www.ROHvideos.com:

ROH Recap Volume #6

"The Ballad of Lacey" by Jimmy Jacobs

Here are some videos I have uploaded for you all:

Showdown in Motown - Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Sabin (Music Video)

Delirious (Tribute)

4th Year Anniversary

The Legend of the Briscoes

CZW - Best of the Best 5 (Music Video)

Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher (Music Video)

Necro Butcher Tribute

*warning* contains lots of graphic images and nasty stuff

Predict and Discuss in here the upcoming ROH shows!

(Don't forget to go to http://www.rohwrestling.com and purchase some DVD's)

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 sephy37

the 5/13 show looks like the better show right now. Briscoes vs. Strong/Aries should be awesome. Necro vs. Joe will be insane. their other matches were amazing and brutal and i'm sure this one will be brutal as well. Necro is a hardcore god.

the only video the *warning* is for is the Necro Butcher tribute.

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
:lol: That pic is priceless. :lol:

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
I'm going to the second show, just bought tickets. I'm going to be in sec B row 4 seats 11-12. Where exaclty is that?
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Great videos, but the song selection on the Necro-Joe video was questionable.  I'm debating whether or not to watch the 4YA video, because I'm waiting on the release of Best In The World and a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale to pick it up and I'd kinda like to see it with no expectations.

This weekend has a lot of interesting elements.  I do agree that 5-13 looks like a better show, but there are still a lot of things to be announced.

The dream partner main event is wide open with possibilities.  The only name that has been ruled out, thus far, has been Lance Storm.  The logical choice for Christian's partner seems to be Samoa Joe, IMO.  It makes enough sense, teaming the TNA Heavyweight and X Division Champion and can be used to escalate the epic Joe-Danielson showdown.  Danielson's partner is really up in the air.  If it is Joe, McGuinness might be a fun choice.  However, I think its critical that Nigel has some big Pure Title defenses this weekend.  He really could use a feud.

Every match involving a Briscoe ought to be great.  The Tag Title match should be spectacular.

This is also by far the most dangerous Tag Title match for GenNext and is a landmark defense for them.  This match could elevate Strong and Aires from great Tag Champs to the greatest Tag Champs.  The match ought to be tremendous.

Johnny181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Johnny181
Member since 2002 • 4664 Posts

I'm debating whether or not to watch the 4YA video, because I'm waiting on the release of Best In The World and a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale to pick it up and I'd kinda like to see it with no expectations.

The_Dude14

I'd suggest holding off.  I have yet to get 4YA myself but I watched the video and it does spoil some of the surprises from 4YA.

_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts
I'll be at 5/12. As long as Abyss & Danielson vs. Joe/Christian headlines the show, i'll be happy.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kotenks

Where will you be sitting?

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
I'll be at 5/12. As long as Abyss & Danielson vs. Joe/Christian headlines the show, i'll be happy._Muta

That'd be an awesome match to see.  I really hope you're right about the partner choices, cause I want Abyss back in ROH, plus it makes perfect sense when you think about it.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]
I'll be at 5/12. As long as Abyss & Danielson vs. Joe/Christian headlines the show, i'll be happy._Muta

That'd be an awesome match to see. I really hope you're right about the partner choices, cause I want Abyss back in ROH, plus it makes perfect sense when you think about it.

It sure does. I didn't even think about Abyss.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Dude14

An addition to the 5-13 Edison, NJ card.  Colt Cabana will take on Kikitaro (the former Ebessan, the former Ebessan Jack).  Flair-Steamboat has nothing on this one.

EDIT: Oh, and The Embassy of Rave and Shelley with Nana and The Rottweilers of Cide and Reyes with Smokes will face off to become #1 Contenders to the Tag Titles for the 5-12 show.

Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pack_Man
Member since 2005 • 9724 Posts

An addition to the 5-13 Edison, NJ card. Colt Cabana will take on Kikitaro (the former Ebessan, the former Ebessan Jack). Flair-Steamboat has nothing on this one.

EDIT: Oh, and The Embassy of Rave and Shelley with Nana and The Rottweilers of Cide and Reyes with Smokes will face off to become #1 Contenders to the Tag Titles for the 5-12 show.

The_Dude14

Wait, hold the PHONE! Edison, New Jersey? That's only like a hour and 30 minutes away from me! And me birthday is a bit before it, I could score tickets!
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kotenks
You know I got tickets but no one seems to care
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pack_Man
You know I got tickets but no one seems to careKotenks

To which? I might talk to my parents about getting tickets.

Are there any left?
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kotenks
The second show, 5-13. I live like 10 minutes away form EDison,NJ
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pack_Man
Interesting, I wonder if I can get tickets.

Edit - My mother is considering getting the tickets. Maybe we can meet up.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sephy37

*stickies*

i hope Colt doesn't act "serious" in his match with Ebessan

Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pack_Man
Man I hope I can go. I wanna see Joe in action LIVE. :D
Johnny181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Johnny181
Cabana and Kikataro should be absolutely golden.  That match alone will make that a must-buy show.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="Johnny181"]Cabana and Kikataro should be absolutely golden. That match alone will make that a must-buy show.

Yeah those 2 are both funny as hell.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"][QUOTE="Johnny181"]Cabana and Kikataro should be absolutely golden. That match alone will make that a must-buy show.

Yeah those 2 are both funny as hell.

Dude I dunno.... Ebessan and Delirious were awesome in that 4 Corner Survival Match with Joe and Evans.
shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny181"]Cabana and Kikataro should be absolutely golden. That match alone will make that a must-buy show.

yeah, I know.  That match is going to be priceless.  Both shows sound pretty awesome. 
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sephy37

i hope Sydal vs. Dragon gets booked for 5/13 :D.

but if he's not gonna be in Dragon Gate during 6/24, i'd love to see him get a title shot in Chicago.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sephy37

The War Continues
Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher

Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher (Music Video)

Necro Butcher Tribute

*warning* contains lots of graphic images and nasty stuff

sephy37

the Joe/Necro match is gonna be...

DANGEROUS

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sephy37

*added banner*

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Dude14
i hope Sydal vs. Dragon gets booked for 5/13 :D.

but if he's not gonna be in Dragon Gate during 6/24, i'd love to see him get a title shot in Chicago.sephy37

Gee, and you thought Yang was unworthy?  Has Sydal even won a match this year? :P  Kidding aside that'd be a great addition to a loaded card for 5-13.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sephy37
[QUOTE="sephy37"]i hope Sydal vs. Dragon gets booked for 5/13 :D.

but if he's not gonna be in Dragon Gate during 6/24, i'd love to see him get a title shot in Chicago.The_Dude14

Gee, and you thought Yang was unworthy?  Has Sydal even won a match this year? :P  Kidding aside that'd be a great addition to a loaded card for 5-13.

Sydal, Evans, and Yang won the first round of the Trios tourney and Sydal pinned Aries on 3/31. i think he also might have pinned Dragon Kid or Genki on 3/30. not sure.

also Matt pinned Ruckus on 3/11 at the CZW show.

i also think Matt is gonna win the Best of the Best 6 and then go on to face Danielson later that night.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sephy37

*added new video*

Showdown in Motown - Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Sabin (Music Video)

i love this video. the song is great and i've seen the match and this has a lot of the key moments and exciting parts.

also it shows what happens when TNA guys try to mess with the Best Wrestling in the World.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"][QUOTE="sephy37"]i hope Sydal vs. Dragon gets booked for 5/13 :D.

but if he's not gonna be in Dragon Gate during 6/24, i'd love to see him get a title shot in Chicago.sephy37

Gee, and you thought Yang was unworthy? Has Sydal even won a match this year? :P Kidding aside that'd be a great addition to a loaded card for 5-13.

Sydal, Evans, and Yang won the first round of the Trios tourney and Sydal pinned Aries on 3/31. i think he also might have pinned Dragon Kid or Genki on 3/30. not sure.

i also think Matt is gonna win the Best of the Best 6 and then go on to face Danielson later that night.

Okay please don't get mad at me Gary, but c'mon man... I mean just because you're a huge Sydal mark doesn't mean you should let it cloud your vision.  We all know that Roderick Strong is gonna win BOTB 6 and he's gonna be the guy that finally dethrones Danielson. 

But.... Sydal/Danielson actually would be a good match that I'd love to see.  They should just save it for either 6/24 or 8/25. ;)
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sephy37
[QUOTE="sephy37"][QUOTE="The_Dude14"][QUOTE="sephy37"]i hope Sydal vs. Dragon gets booked for 5/13 :D.

but if he's not gonna be in Dragon Gate during 6/24, i'd love to see him get a title shot in Chicago.DirtyDarren

Gee, and you thought Yang was unworthy? Has Sydal even won a match this year? :P Kidding aside that'd be a great addition to a loaded card for 5-13.

Okay please don't get mad at me Gary, but c'mon man... I mean just because you're a huge Sydal mark doesn't mean you should let it cloud your vision.  We all know that Roderick Strong is gonna win BOTB 6 and he's gonna be the guy that finally dethrones Danielson. 

But.... Sydal/Danielson actually would be a good match that I'd love to see.  They should just save it for either 6/24 or 8/25. ;)

actually Sydal is leaving for Dragon Gate after the May shows so i doubt he'll be there for 6/24. but he's gonna pull a Danielson and go to Japan and when he comes back, he's gonna own. Jack and Matt going to Dragon Gate can only lead to good things. they are gonna perfect their tag team skills (like Jack even needs to).

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Dude14

Two big announcements were made in the newswire:

1.  Joe-Necro will be the main event of 5-13.

2.  (Which has nothing to do with this double shot) 6-17 at the New Yorker, it'll be a one fall 3 Way, KENTA vs Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson... :shock:

Johnny181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Johnny181

2. (Which has nothing to do with this double shot) 6-17 at the New Yorker, it'll be a one fall 3 Way, KENTA vs Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson... :shock:

The_Dude14

HOLY CRAP.  That is gonna be freaken awesome.  I dunno what else to say...
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sephy37
i guess it's probably gonna be Joe vs. Danielson or Danielson vs. KENTA on 6/24. i can't wait...they announce the matches, Friday.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Dude14

I could well be alone in this opinion, but am I the only one upset that GenNext vs the Briscoes is getting bumped from the main event slot for Joe-Necro?  Its by far the biggest title match for GenNext, thus far, and arguably the biggest Tag Title match in ROH History (the only competition I see is Briscoes-Saints.  Also, I believe if GenNext retains they will also have the most successful Tag Title defense, knocking off the Rotts).

I've seen two matches between Joe and Necro (not sure if they've had more), and while they are extremely entertaining, in a car crash, someone's gonna die kinda way, I, personally, prefer the epic Tag Title match.

_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts

Where will you be sitting?

Kotenks

Just one seat down from the seat i had at 2/11. Section A, Row 2, Seats 17 and 18. It's insane, my buddy and i showed up so many times on the 2/11 DVD that we were practically a part of the show. The show might've been lackluster all around, but anyone who wants to see Muta with his homage to Bryan Danielson hobo beard (which i finally shaved about a month ago, thank god) at his absolute markish worst shouldn't pass this show up.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Dude14

Well, ROH comes through with another meaty Recap Video.  This Recap includes clips from both the 100th Show and the Weekend of Champions wars with CZW. Cornette appeals to Homicide to join the fight. 

Also, 5-13 gets a little more loaded (sorry sephy, but you should still be pleased), it'll be Danielson vs Delirious II!

The Recap also includes a Delirious promo!

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DirtyDarren
i guess it's probably gonna be Joe vs. Danielson or Danielson vs. KENTA on 6/24. i can't wait...they announce the matches, Friday.sephy37

Dude I'm so pumped about it.... But still I don't know why they couldn't have just waited a week to have the Triple Threat.  Either way I can't wait to see the lineup for the show.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sephy37

I could well be alone in this opinion, but am I the only one upset that GenNext vs the Briscoes is getting bumped from the main event slot for Joe-Necro?  Its by far the biggest title match for GenNext, thus far, and arguably the biggest Tag Title match in ROH History (the only competition I see is Briscoes-Saints.  Also, I believe if GenNext retains they will also have the most successful Tag Title defense, knocking off the Rotts).

I've seen two matches between Joe and Necro (not sure if they've had more), and while they are extremely entertaining, in a car crash, someone's gonna die kinda way, I, personally, prefer the epic Tag Title match.

The_Dude14

well i think the place is gonna get trashed during the Joe/Necro match

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sephy37

Well, ROH comes through with another meaty Recap Video.  This Recap includes clips from both the 100th Show and the Weekend of Champions wars with CZW. Cornette appeals to Homicide to join the fight. 

Also, 5-13 gets a little more loaded (sorry sephy, but you should still be pleased), it'll be Danielson vs Delirious II!

The_Dude14

that was the greatest promo i've ever seen. i understood "rematch", "crossface chicken wing", "mask", and "delirious"

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Dude14
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

sephy37

that was the greatest promo i've ever seen. i understood "rematch", "crossface chicken wing", "mask", and "delirious"

I'm pretty sure I caught "never gave up" and "Danielson" somewhere in there.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DirtyDarren
[QUOTE="sephy37"][QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

Well, ROH comes through with another meaty Recap Video. This Recap includes clips from both the 100th Show and the Weekend of Champions wars with CZW. Cornette appeals to Homicide to join the fight.

The_Dude14

I'm pretty sure I caught "never gave up" and "Danielson" somewhere in there.

I also heard "throw into the post" and "rip up mask" as well.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Dude14

Did you think to yourself, "man, there's no way they can load up 5-13 anymore, right?"

Wrong, Newswire reports that ROH is letting Sydal choose his last opponent before leaving to tour Dragon Gate, so it will be Matt Sydal vs Christopher Daniels III.  Can Sydal earn his landmark victory?

Other big news:  Danielson has sent another open contract to CZW for 7-15 in Philly.

Hero and Claudio will be involved, somehow, in the upcoming doubleshot.

Also, KENTA's opponent for 6-23 in Detroit will be Roderick Strong.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DirtyDarren

Did you think to yourself, "man, there's no way they can load up 5-13 anymore, right?"

Wrong, Newswire reports that ROH is letting Sydal choose his last opponent before leaving to tour Dragon Gate, so it will be Matt Sydal vs Christopher Daniels III. Can Sydal earn his landmark victory?

Other big news: Danielson has sent another open contract to CZW for 7-15 in Philly.

The_Dude14

OMFG!!!! Now they book Strong vs. KENTA.... 1 FREAKIN' DAY BEFORE THE SHOW I'M GOING TO!  Dammit this is getting frustrating.
Johnny181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Johnny181

Wrong, Newswire reports that ROH is letting Sydal choose his last opponent before leaving to tour Dragon Gate, so it will be Matt Sydal vs Christopher Daniels III. Can Sydal earn his landmark victory?

Other big news: Danielson has sent another open contract to CZW for 7-15 in Philly.

The_Dude14

Good grief. Strong and KENTA...that should be brutal.

This month and the summer months are just looking dynamite so far with all these recent ROH announcements.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sephy37
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

DirtyDarren

OMFG!!!! Now they book Strong vs. KENTA.... 1 FREAKIN' DAY BEFORE THE SHOW I'M GOING TO!  Dammit this is getting frustrating.

that means that we are gonna get KENTA/Danielson maybe :D.

JokerCZW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 JokerCZW
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
Four words: Best of the Best
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sephy37

Four words: Best of the Best JokerCZW

hey, we have a Best of the Best thread. and yeah, that tournament is gonna be awesome.

CZW Best of the Best 6 - May 13th 2006

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sephy37

this is from Austin Aries' blog

***I'm making progress, it's ONLY been two months since my last update. Eventually I'd like to get that down to two weeks, I'm working on it. I'm also working on getting my merchandise up on my site as well...***

***I've turned another year older since my last update. Thanks to everyone for their cards, gifts, and well wishes. I was back in Milwaukee and got to hang out with my family and good friends which I don't get to do too often. This was definitely one of the best birthdays I've had in a while.***

***A lot of people have asked me about the alleged "chop" incident at the Brew City Wrestling show, which made the news last week. First let me make it clear that this incident did not take place under my direction or supervision. The two hour wrestling clinic I ran that afternoon was well over at the time this alleged incident took place. I did, however, witness this so-called "initiation". Let me state that contrary to the reports and contrary to what this kids mother is saying, at no time was this kid forced to participate, or held against his will. In fact he was asked at least twice if he was sure he wanted to go through with his "chop initiation" and told if he didn't want to do it he didn't have to. He was also the third in line to receive the chops so he had a good idea what to expect going in. Now anybody who has actually been chopped before knows it stings, it's painful, it will take your breath away and it will leave a good hand print. That being said, a chop is not a strike that will physically injure somebody to the point of being taken to the hospital. I think this was simply a case of mommy overreacting and freaking out at her kid when she saw his chest, and him trying to turn and blame it on the wrestlers to save is own ass from mommas wrath. Score one more for "Wrestling is NOT FAKE".***

***On a interesting side note, Frankie DeFalco low rate, no class SOB. I mean come on Frank, was the extra $65 you scammed from me by lying about what you charged for the clinic really worth it? A $65 bridge burned. It's "promoters" like you, that are a constant black- eye on this business. The way you gossip, back-stab, lie, and conduct your business is a complete detriment to this great sport and the guys who truly respect and love it. Do me a favor and use MY $65 to buy a one way ticket to Outofthebuisnessville.***

***Most probably know that I've handed the reigns of the ROH Wrestling School over to Bryan Danielson. This will allow me to pursue some international bookings which my schedule didn't previously allow me to do. Teaching at the school was a great experience for me and I'm sure Bryan will do the best job the "Best Wrestler in the World" can do. For anyone interested in information about the school go to ROHwrestling.com.***

***I'm happy to announce that my first tour of Japan will be for Dragon's Gate Wrestling. I'll be going over there in early July for five shows along with my GenNext stable mates. Anyone who has seen DG or was at the ROH triple shot weekend knows that these guys are some of the most athletic, innovative wrestlers today. I'm very excited and honored to get to go and test myself against these world class competitors over on their home soil.***

***I'll be heading back to the PWG in California for a couple of shows on May 6th and 20th. It's been some months since I've been out on the west coast and I look forward to my return.***

***I'm also looking forward to my return to the UK for 1PW's tag tourney on May 26th and 27th. The tournament is full of top quality teams from around the world. Roderick Strong and I will have our hands full, but so will whoever has to face us.***

***Speaking of tournaments, I have accepted an invitation, along with GenNexters Roderick Strong and Matt Sydal, to compete in CZW's "Best of the Best" tournament. With all the bad blood between ROH and CZW this should be an interesting tournament. But lets be honest, does anybody really expect somebody other that one of us GenNexters to win the whole damn thing. I mean this tournament was actually NAMED after us!***

***Finally, no new news to report regarding TNA. Technically my two month suspension would have been up last week or so, but at this time I've received no word on when or if I'll be brought back.***

***Thats all for now. Keep checking back for more frequent updates. Take care and safe travels.

-Aries

Austin Aries

i hope he can make it to the UK shows cuz i'm sure i'd be upset if i were Mena.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DirtyDarren

***A lot of people have asked me about the alleged "chop" incident at the Brew City Wrestling show, which made the news last week. First let me make it clear that this incident did not take place under my direction or supervision. The two hour wrestling clinic I ran that afternoon was well over at the time this alleged incident took place. I did, however, witness this so-called "initiation". Let me state that contrary to the reports and contrary to what this kids mother is saying, at no time was this kid forced to participate, or held against his will. In fact he was asked at least twice if he was sure he wanted to go through with his "chop initiation" and told if he didn't want to do it he didn't have to. He was also the third in line to receive the chops so he had a good idea what to expect going in. Now anybody who has actually been chopped before knows it stings, it's painful, it will take your breath away and it will leave a good hand print. That being said, a chop is not a strike that will physically injure somebody to the point of being taken to the hospital. I think this was simply a case of mommy overreacting and freaking out at her kid when she saw his chest, and him trying to turn and blame it on the wrestlers to save is own ass from mommas wrath. Score one more for "Wrestling is NOT FAKE".***

***I'm happy to announce that my first tour of Japan will be for Dragon's Gate Wrestling. I'll be going over there in early July for five shows along with my GenNext stable mates. Anyone who has seen DG or was at the ROH triple shot weekend knows that these guys are some of the most athletic, innovative wrestlers today. I'm very excited and honored to get to go and test myself against these world class competitors over on their home soil.***

***Speaking of tournaments, I have accepted an invitation, along with GenNexters Roderick Strong and Matt Sydal, to compete in CZW's "Best of the Best" tournament. With all the bad blood between ROH and CZW this should be an interesting tournament. But lets be honest, does anybody really expect somebody other that one of us GenNexters to win the whole damn thing. I mean this tournament was actually NAMED after us!***

***Finally, no new news to report regarding TNA. Technically my two month suspension would have been up last week or so, but at this time I've received no word on when or if I'll be brought back.***

-Aries

Austin Aries

1. Well I'm glad he shed some more light on the situation with the "chop intiation."  I honestly wasn't too worried about it to begin with, but having more details is always kinda good.  You would think that if the kid was afraid of his mom's anger, he wouldn't even get in the ring in the first place....

2. Man Aries already owns and now he's gonna be heading to Dragon Gate also.  I can't wait to see some of his in ring work from some of the event over there and also catching what new moves he has in his arsenal when he returns.

3. BOTB 6 looks like a really good show, and this is coming from a guy who is pro-ROH.  If someone from Gen Next doesn't win, I'm thinking that Daniels has a good chance to win.  My favorite to win is Roderick Strong b/c although he's in ROH now, he was once in CZW before.

4. Nice to see that TNA cares about their good talent.  Instead contacting Aries, a guy who could be the future of their company, they call up Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, and Rick Steiner.... good one TNA. :roll:

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 keiblerfan69

this is from Austin Aries' blog

[quote="Austin Aries"]

***I'm making progress, it's ONLY been two months since my last update. Eventually I'd like to get that down to two weeks, I'm working on it. I'm also working on getting my merchandise up on my site as well...***

***I've turned another year older since my last update. Thanks to everyone for their cards, gifts, and well wishes. I was back in Milwaukee and got to hang out with my family and good friends which I don't get to do too often. This was definitely one of the best birthdays I've had in a while.***

***On a interesting side note, Frankie DeFalco low rate, no class SOB. I mean come on Frank, was the extra $65 you scammed from me by lying about what you charged for the clinic really worth it? A $65 bridge burned. It's "promoters" like you, that are a constant black- eye on this business. The way you gossip, back-stab, lie, and conduct your business is a complete detriment to this great sport and the guys who truly respect and love it. Do me a favor and use MY $65 to buy a one way ticket to Outofthebuisnessville.***

***Most probably know that I've handed the reigns of the ROH Wrestling School over to Bryan Danielson. This will allow me to pursue some international bookings which my schedule didn't previously allow me to do. Teaching at the school was a great experience for me and I'm sure Bryan will do the best job the "Best Wrestler in the World" can do. For anyone interested in information about the school go to ROHwrestling.com.***

***I'll be heading back to the PWG in California for a couple of shows on May 6th and 20th. It's been some months since I've been out on the west coast and I look forward to my return.***

***I'm also looking forward to my return to the UK for 1PW's tag tourney on May 26th and 27th. The tournament is full of top quality teams from around the world. Roderick Strong and I will have our hands full, but so will whoever has to face us.***

***Thats all for now. Keep checking back for more frequent updates. Take care and safe travels.

-Aries

sephy37

i hope he can make it to the UK shows cuz i'm sure i'd be upset if i were Mena.

I posted that about a week ago.

Edit: See