Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Was there a match where people thought it was great but you didnt like it? Tell it here. It could be in any company.

My overrated match would be the Taker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell. Wow, two falls by Mankind doesnt make this a great match. It was like a total of 12 moves or something. Taker took nothing, and the match made it seem that Mankind was a typical jobber.

Avatar image for Biggestgeekever
Biggestgeekever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Biggestgeekever
Member since 2004 • 10520 Posts
My overatted match is Hogan vs. Rock. I mean, this thing won multiple MOTY awards. HBk vs. HHH (any of them in 2002) where much better.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chicago_Nut
My overatted match is Hogan vs. Rock. I mean, this thing won multiple MOTY awards. HBk vs. HHH (any of them in 2002) where much better.Biggestgeekever
Yeah, that 2nd on my list. This was only 15 minutes, and Hogan only did like 4 moves. They said it was great cause Rock kicked out of the Leg Drop. Anyone in the world can do that.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Undertaker vs. Mankind HIAC

way overrated.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

My List (in order)

• TLC 2 at Wrestlemania X-7: Felt like too much of rehash of the WM 16 match and by that point.....I was getting sick of how much WWE was milking Dudleyz vs. Hardyz vs. Edge and Christian.
  • Austin vs. Rock at Wrestlemania X-7: This match was missing the drama the WM 15 match had and Austin going heel was really cheap ending to the match.
  • Triple H vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania X-7: I was not really into this match, IMHO, these two do not match that well and the match was only okay in my book.

Edit: Now I think about it....that list is in order. By the way, it is from most overrated, to less overrated.

oreoshane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oreoshane
Member since 2005 • 4472 Posts
hbk vs hogan hands down
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chicago_Nut

My List (in order)

• TLC 2 at Wrestlemania X-7: Felt like too much of rehash of the WM 16 match and by that point.....I was getting sick of how much WWE was milking Dudleyz vs. Hardyz vs. Edge and Christian.

Link256

Wow, thats interesting. I love that match. Well, if I think about that, you are right, it was mostly a repeat. It was the same with Jeff Hardy jumping from the ladder, Edge spearing from a ladder, and the same off the ladder moves. But Ill make my list soon.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Link256
[QUOTE="Link256"]

My List (in order)

Chicago_Nut

Wow, thats interesting. I love that match. Well, if I think about that, you are right, it was mostly a repeat. It was the same with Jeff Hardy jumping from the ladder, Edge spearing from a ladder, and the same off the ladder moves. But Ill make my list soon.

I could understand why you would love that match and after all....I am probably in very-very small group of people who feels that way.

Skaterfool99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Skaterfool99
Member since 2004 • 12731 Posts
i think the goldberg vs brock match was overrated i mean it wasnt even that good
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Link256

i think the goldberg vs brock match was overrated i mean it wasnt even that goodSkaterfool99

Actually, that match is far being overrated. Most people on here (including myself), agree that match was bad.

Avatar image for Biggestgeekever
Biggestgeekever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Biggestgeekever
Member since 2004 • 10520 Posts

i think the goldberg vs brock match was overrated i mean it wasnt even that goodSkaterfool99

I don't anyone liked that match, in fact, msot agree it was the worst match of 2004.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chicago_Nut

My list (not in any order)

• Hogan vs Rock Wrestlemania 18: This was a short and way too overrated match. Hogan did only like 4 moves and got more cheers from the crowd, while just cause The Rock did a sharpshooter, the crowd boos Rock. Canadians are very judgmental.
  • Taker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell: This match is remembered by the fall of Mankind. So what? Did that make the match great? No. Did the second fall make the match great? No. This was just a Hell in a Cell jobber match.
  • 6 Man Hell in a Cell: This match wasnt exciting at all. It was just punching, kicking, and throwing. I mean sure it was GOOD, but it was way overrated. And IMO, they where outside of the cell for way too long.
  • RVD vs Orton RAW: In this union, alot of people said it was one of their favorite RAW matches. But when I finally saw it, I wasnt impressed too much. I mean sure, it was good, but with so much saying it was the best RAW match, I thought for sure it would be better. IMO, they rushed the ending, they should have made it way better, and not just a DDT by Orton.
  • Jeff Hardy vs Taker Ladder match RAW: Another RAW match on my list. The reason I put it up here was because it was like 12 minutes long. Taker made this match very slow, and IMO, only cruiserweights and high flyers should be in Ladder matches.
  • Angle vs Lesnar Ironman Match Smackdown: Since I have two RAW matches, I gotta have a Smackdown match. I chose this cause it was very boring IMO. Nothing spectacular and exciting. I mean sure, Lesnar and Angle put up a good wrestling performance, but it was said that it was one of the best Smackdown matches in history. But did you guys see the crowd in the match? They where bored as hell. My cousin even fell asleep during the match, and he's not a baby, he's 14 years old!

So there is my list. Funny how some of these guys are my favorite wrestlers but they are in my overrated matches list.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Link256

"My list (not in any order)

• 6 Man Hell in a Cell: This match wasnt exciting at all. It was just punching, kicking, and throwing. I mean sure it was GOOD, but it was way overrated. And IMO, they where outside of the cell for way too long."

I agree with you on that one 100%.

The match was only okay at best and that whole ordeal of Undertaker choke slamming Rikishi to the truck was ridicously overrated IMHO.

Skaterfool99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Skaterfool99

• Jeff Hardy vs Taker Ladder match RAW: Another RAW match on my list. The reason I put it up here was because it was like 12 minutes long. Taker made this match very slow, and IMO, only cruiserweights and high flyers should be in Ladder matches.

dude that match was awesome i dont know wat your talking about i think that taker and hardy had a great match

Chicago_Nut
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chicago_Nut
[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"]

dude that match was awesome i dont know wat your talking about i think that taker and hardy had a great match

Skaterfool99
Dude, Im only posting my OPINION. You might like it but I dont! Is that wrong to have an opinion?
Skaterfool99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Skaterfool99
[QUOTE="Skaterfool99"][QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"]

Chicago_Nut

Dude, Im only posting my OPINION. You might like it but I dont! Is that wrong to have an opinion?

i understand u having an opinion

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Like others said, Mankind vs. Taker HIAC was overrated.

Also, I think that the inferno matches are overrated -- there just wasn't much to any of them.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chicago_Nut
Any other thoughts? I would say that Hell in a Cell matches are overrated. Hell in a Cell sounds cool, but if you have the wrong people in it, then its gonna be a bad match *cough*Nash vs HHH*cough*
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JML897
Any other thoughts? I would say that Hell in a Cell matches are overrated. Hell in a Cell sounds cool, but if you have the wrong people in it, then its gonna be a bad match *cough*Nash vs HHH*cough*Chicago_Nut

*cough*Al Snow vs Big Bossman, with "rabid" dogs outside of the ring. */endcough*
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Link256

[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"]Any other thoughts? I would say that Hell in a Cell matches are overrated. Hell in a Cell sounds cool, but if you have the wrong people in it, then its gonna be a bad match *cough*Nash vs HHH*cough*JML897

*cough*Al Snow vs Big Bossman, with "rabid" dogs outside of the ring. */endcough*

*cough* Undertaker vs. Bossman, at wrestlemania 15. *cough*

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JML897
We should all go see a doctor.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chicago_Nut
We should all go see a doctor.JML897
Hey dont blame me, my coughs were real.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

i would say king of the mountain 2 from slammiversary.

so many people on here saw that one and are like "omg!!11!!!11! best tna match ever!" when it was terrible compared to other matches from the year. actually, i can name at least one match from every 2005 ppv that was better than the kotm....and i think i will

final resolution:

1. Ultimate X: a.j. styles vs. sabin vs. petey williams

Against All Odds:

1. Full Metal Mayem: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy
  2. Iron Man Match: A.J, Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Destination X:

1. Ultimate X Team Match: A.J. Styles and Elix Skipper vs. Ron Killings and Christopher Daniels
  2. Ultimate X Triple Threat Match: A. J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Elix Skipper
  3. Ultimate X: A.J, Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

they could all be considered one match, so whatever.

Lockdown:

1. Cage (Tables and chairs): Raven vs. Jeff Hardy
  2. Cage: A.J. Styles vs. Abyss

Hard Justice:

1. A.J. Styles vs. Jeff Jarret (this one is up in the air, i personally liked it more cuz it seemed more emotional and not as rushed, but whatever)

Slammiversary:

1. Christopher Daniels vs. Sabin vs. Michael Shane

No Surrender:

1. Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin
  2. Sean Waltman vs. A,J, Styles
  3. Christopher Daniels vs. Petey Williams

Sacrifice:

1. Christopher Daniels vs. Austin Aries (this is a toss up too i guess)
  2. Sean Waltman vs, Jerry Lynn
  3. Samoa Joe vs. A.J. Styles

Unbreakable:

1. A.J. Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels (TNA moty imho)

so to close out my argument....king of the mountain 2 is overrated and people like it because it's a decent spotfest with a great ending (well not for me, cuz i felt styles was given time to shine as NWA champ)

garysibs8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 garysibs8
Member since 2005 • 5664 Posts
Bret Hart vs Shaun Micheals was too overrated.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Bret Hart vs Shaun Micheals was too overrated.garysibs8

there are more than one hart vs. hbk match, wanna be a little more specific? oh and explain why.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts

alright i know some arguements will arise but i think...

HBK/Hogan was REALLY overrated. i infact didnt like it at all. The finish was CRAP. The match was CRAP

HOGAN WAS CRAP!!!

RamboneForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 RamboneForever
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
The 3-way tag team TLC matches...same stuff with just one or two things different in the previous matches after the first one