Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
Former WWE wrestler Nathan Jones was hit by a truck in Bangkok recently. The story on the incident below mentions that Jones had just signed a new deal with TNA.

Giant Actor/Wrestler Nathan Jones Hit by Truck in Bangkok

BANGKOK, THAILAND, Sep 08, 2008 -- Giant Australian actor/wrestler Nathan Jones, winner of the world's strongest man contest, was side-swiped by a cement truck while jogging recently in the pre-dawn hours in Bangkok, Thailand. He suffered severe damage to his left arm. There is no report of what damage was done to the truck in its collision with the 6ft 11 in, 320 pound Jones. The driver took off, though there were witnesses and the police are pursuing leads.

Forty-year-old Jones had just signed a deal with wrestling organization TNA Entertainment to re-enter wrestling in the United States, but nerve damage to his arm will sideline him for three months, by which time doctors have told him he will be fully recovered.

His management company is also in final talks for Nathan to star in a U.S. motion picture franchise based on a series of horror novels in which he would play the screen's largest, most brutal and terrifying character.
Jones is a former WWA heavyweight champion and was a WWE wrestler for two years before returning to Australia. Nathan was "killed" by Brad Pitt in the 2004 film "Troy," battled with Tony Jaa in the 2005 film "Tom yum goong," fought in the ring with Jet Li in the 2006 film "Fearless," was thrown off a cliff by Steve Austin in the 2007 film "The Condemned" and played Humungus in the 2008 motion picture "Asterix at the Olympic Games."

Jones was in Thailand promoting his latest film release "Somtum," an action movie about a 7-foot-tall docile man who learns Muy Thai and then uses his new skills to help solve a case of stolen diamonds.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=830175

sideoftheham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sideoftheham
Member since 2004 • 1438 Posts

LOL. topic title is funny.

but sucks for him. rip?

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts

Somtum," an action movie about a 7-foot-tall docile man who learns Muy Thai and then uses his new skills to help solve a case of stolen diamonds.
Link256

i lol'd.

but i do feel bad for the guy, hope he has a speedy recovery. and judging by the size of this guy i imagine the truck is in a worse condition than he is.

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#4 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

NOOOOO!
Who will play Craig Marduk in the Tekken film now?!

Seriously but I hope he gets better soon...getting bit by a truck while jogging, goddam