KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

Since its inception in September 1979, the Intercontinental Championship has been regarded as one of sports-entertainment's most exalted prizes. Those who have achieved this golden distinction of greatness have also catapulted themselves to levels of WWE Superstardom that are reserved only for a select few.

In celebration of this illustrious title and the legendary ring warriors who have battled over it, WWE Home Entertainment will present THE HISTORY OF THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP. But not before we receive feedback from YOU, our loyal WWE fans. Simply vote below for your three favorite matches from each decade. Then watch THE HISTORY OF THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP, scheduled for release on November 25, 2008 to see if your favorite match-ups made the cut.

Click Here to vote 3 matches from each era. So far it's a tough choice on a few of each era, and I'm trying my best to put the ones that deserve to be on the DVD. As I'm typing this, I'm still having a tough time voting.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KevyR

So my three picks from the 1970's-1980's, I voted for:

1. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage from WM III
  2. Honky Tonk Man vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage from MSG
  3. Ultimate Warrior vs. "Ravishing" Rick Rude from Summerslam 89

From the 1990's, I voted for:

1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Mr. Perfect from Summerslam 91
  2. Diesel vs. Razor Ramon from Monday Night RAW 94
  3. Triple H vs. The Rock from Fully Loaded 98

From the 2000 era, I voted for:

1. Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho vs. X-Pac from Smackdown! 00
  2. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian from RAW 05
  3. Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito from RAW 15th Anniversary show
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Bad ass. I loved when they did this for the History of the WWF Title and I thought that one turned out to be a really good DVD. I'm really happy to see them do it again.

Here are my votes:

Savage vs Tito Santana (Seems like a good match up and I've always been curious to how Savage won the belt)
Savage vs Steamboat (Not the Wrestlemania III match, which will win the vote without a doubt. I prefer to see how these guys worked here in the less publicized match)
Warrior vs Rude (No one could get more out of the Warrior than Rude)

Hart vs Perfect (Yeah, well, I had to. Its too good)
Hart vs Dibiase (Hart vs Dibiase, the Garden, Time limit draw. How could this not rule? I really want to see this. Doubt it'll get the votes)
Ramon vs Michaels

Angle vs Jericho
Orton vs RVD (I really hope this match gets on the set.)
Edge vs Orton

It'll be cool to see how this turns out. This should be a great DVD set, though, I'm betting we're more likely to get stuff that's readily available (Hart-Perfect, Savage-Steamboat from III, Hart-Bulldog, etc) than some of the other gems. I doubt the majority will think outside the box like I'd want (if you really call my picks thinking outside the box). I do like seeing WWE do this fan vote thing again. This'll probably be a DVD I'll pick up, especially if a few choice matches make the set.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KevyR
You got some good choices there Dude. I would've voted for Michaels and Ramon infamous Ladder match but it's been on a few DVD's already: Shawn Michaels: From the Vault and WM X DVD. But I think that one will probably make it on the DVD by popular demand. I really hope this is a 3 Disc set, just like the History of the WWE Championship DVD. 9 matches just doesn't satisfy my hunger for this DVD.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
WHAT?! Why aren't you guys voting for Hart vs. Bulldog from Summerslam 92?
_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts

1970's - 1980's:

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - Wrestlemania III

Greg Valentine vs. Tito Santana - 3/17/85

Pat Patterson vs. Ted Dibiase - 10/22/79

1990's:

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect - Summerslam 91

Bret Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper - WM 8

HBK vs. Razor Ramon - WMX

2000's:

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho ladder match - Royal Rumble 2001 (Can't believe they didn't include this on the list)

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

WHAT?! Why aren't you guys voting for Hart vs. Bulldog from Summerslam 92?sephy37
Its already on the Bret Hart DVD. I'd rather get some new and different matches on this set.

(Which is, of course, why I voted for Hart-Perfect. Consistency is my middle name).

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

Who cares about the IC belt?

'Nuff Said.

_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Muta

'Nuff Said.

The_Great_One2

The people who've been fans long enough to remember when the IC belt was just as important as the World title. If it weren't for Ramon and HBK's ladder matches over that belt in the mid nineties, i would never have been a pro wrestling fan.

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Great_One2"]

'Nuff Said.

_Muta

The people who've been fans long enough to remember when the IC belt was just as important as the World title. If it weren't for Ramon and HBK's ladder matches over that belt in the mid nineties, i would never have been a pro wrestling fan.

The IC belt was never as important as the World title. Plus, that ladder match is so overrated even for its time.

'Nuff Said.

_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Muta
[QUOTE="_Muta"][QUOTE="The_Great_One2"]

'Nuff Said.

The_Great_One2

The IC belt was never as important as the World title. Plus, that ladder match is so overrated even for its time.

'Nuff Said.

Go buy some tapes/DVDs from WWE mid-late eighties and and early-mid nineties and then tell me it wasn't as important as the World title. Some of the most compelling feuds and matches of all time were built around the IC championship. Andre and Hogan may have drawn the house for WM III, but everyone remembers it for the show stealing Steamboat/Savage. When people think of WMX, they remember the ladder match and the Undisputed IC champion angle leading into it. It can even be argued that the IC belt was more or less treated as the de facto WWE championship throughout 1995, with the total and complete failure that was Diesel's reign and HBK becoming the star of the company.

And anyone who thinks either of the HBK/Razor ladder matches are overrated doesn't understand wrestling.

Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sports-Fan
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Great_One2"][QUOTE="_Muta"][QUOTE="The_Great_One2"]

'Nuff Said.

_Muta

'Nuff Said.

Go buy some tapes/DVDs from WWE mid-late eighties and and early-mid nineties and then tell me it wasn't as important as the World title. Some of the most compelling feuds and matches of all time were built around the IC championship. Andre and Hogan may have drawn the house for WM III, but everyone remembers it for the show stealing Steamboat/Savage. When people think of WMX, they remember the ladder match and the Undisputed IC champion angle leading into it. It can even be argued that the IC belt was more or less treated as the de facto WWE championship throughout 1995, with the total and complete failure that was Diesel's reign and HBK becoming the star of the company.

And anyone who thinks either of the HBK/Razor ladder matches are overrated doesn't understand wrestling.

You're arguing with a notorious WWEv troll, who for some reason Jackov hasnt booted.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#13 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
[QUOTE="_Muta"][QUOTE="The_Great_One2"]

'Nuff Said.

The_Great_One2

'Nuff Said.

Does anything impress you or do you just like to start trouble?

and if it wasn't for the Ladder match then there wouldn't be no Shawn Michaels, or any MitB, or anything like that, everyone else knows what I'm talking about, except for you The_Great_One2.

CWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 CWood
Member since 2002 • 3760 Posts
Lots of Savage on that list. Maybe the WWE will stop blackballing him and give him a HOF nod or at least his own DVD.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho ladder match - Royal Rumble 2001 (Can't believe they didn't include this on the list)

_Muta
It's already on the ladder match DVD set. (But it's not there mainly cause of ... well, it's Benoit)
Avatar image for deactivated-5e1459498b931
deactivated-5e1459498b931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 deactivated-5e1459498b931
Member since 2007 • 3719 Posts

Wasn't this on the PSP?

Anyway, Hardy vs Carlito in RAW 15th Anniversary is the only good one i remember since i've watched wrestling in 2006.

BadMrSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BadMrSnake
Member since 2005 • 2500 Posts

Its a tragedy they forgot the single greatest match involving the IC belt though! Hogan vs. Warrior WMVI.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KevyR

Its a tragedy they forgot the single greatest match involving the IC belt though! Hogan vs. Warrior WMVI.

BadMrSnake

I think they were just looking at the competitors just fighting it out for the IC Title. But this match was Title vs. Title, so I don't think they wanted to include that. It was you either had the WWE Championship and won the IC Title or you were an IC Champ winning the WWE Championship. Besides, that match can be found on the Hulk Hogan DVD and the History of the WWE Championship DVD, I think?!