EmericaCky2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 EmericaCky2K
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts

Nintendo has no idea what people really want... their E3 presence shows it well.

Wii-U will fail... here is why:

Nintendo has been out of the core game market for an entire generation now. Their success lies in casual gamers. However, based on observation, I would think the wii-U is going to be too expensive to target casuals which will elimiate their primary market.

It has no functions most core gamers will need. Yes, touch screen tech is cool, but its not required to have a good time. I am more than happy to hit the select button to see a map on my TV. Also, the graphics don't seem to stand out enough to make a difference against the big competitors, and when 3rd arty software needs a power boost, I would think Microsoft and SONY will be introducing some fantastic new hardware to the masses.

Does this thing even have blu-ray support???

The only reason why the Wii was so successful was because it was only USD $129.00 retail. It was an easily accessbile, low commitment console primarily for children and women to buy. My gf has one strictly for Netflix streaming and Wii Jepordy. I assure you, she will not be buying a Wii-U.

To write this post, I admit I am a troll. Regardless, I still feel this system will sink like the R.M.S. Titanic.

Comments?

EmericaCky2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 EmericaCky2K
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts

Or I could not spend a dime and just keep my PS3 and not buy a WiiU

DonnyKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DonnyKD
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Holy crap, look who's saying who's out of touch. " I am more than happy to hit the select button to see a map on my TV." Yes, instead of having the gameplay and the map at the same time, let's have one or the other! "the graphics don't seem to stand out enough to make a difference against the big competitors" I doubt you even watch a **** Wii U game trailer yet! "Does this thing even have blu-ray support???" Because every game console need to be a DVD player! Oh wait... "The only reason why the Wii was so successful was because it was only USD $129.00 retail." Do you know the difference between $250 and $129? I guess not. "To write this post, I admit I am a troll." So all of your "opinions" are invalid then.

ArabrockermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 ArabrockermanX
Member since 2009 • 3209 Posts
3DS is doing great now.... I really am not sure how you see them as being out of touch sure they are distant from the core gaming market but that's a VERY small percentage of the gaming market. Why do you think games for the ps3/360 have continuously become more casual(easier)? Wii retailed for $250 and people payed more than that to buy one... Probably should have bought some and sold them back then. Price drop came in 2010 I think. Any how the one place I welcome the touch screen is games like Starhawk ps3. I would much rather not press select for my map and more importantly because it is a fast pace shooter with RTS elements I would much rather use the touch screen to locate my buildings and keep track of what my team mates place. I will admit I would be excited for this machine if it came with some real hardware and a $400 price tag but I guess more RAM and a slightly better CPU/GPU will do for $250 or less. That's why I'm waiting for a price drop(its probably going to release at $300).
Arkady_Husky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arkady_Husky
Member since 2008 • 1652 Posts

There are plenty of women and children out there. I predict the Wii U, as bad as it looks, will do just fine.

CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts
It was a little embarrassing even for me watching the Nintendo E3 press conference because it looked like they were desperately trying to sell this crazy idea that a tablet built into the controller is somehow going to revolutionize the way we game and solve problems that don't even exist! I never heard of any domestic disputes over the family fighting for TV time. Most homes these days have a TV in every room so you hook up the Wii U to the TV in your kid's room or rec room instead of the main living room. No need for a tablet controller where you can switch to playing your game when someone else wants to watch TV. And I know this feature is going to cost a lot of money and it's a waste. I just wish Nintendo had put the money into the darn console hardware itself. It's going to take nothing short of a graphics revolution to get people's attention to buy new consoles this time. The current gen consoles are powerful enough to support pretty much any developers vision for a game. I just don't see where Nintendo can go with this.
sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

i think ur a crazy sack of potatoes.. ppl will buy this thing for zelda alone, just like i did with the 3ds, & for countless other exclusives. it will be able to support all the other next-gen console games as well.. which i will surely own too (except for xbox). my only gripe at this point would be the overall design because you know they're gonna release a wii-slim or some crap a year later, which i won't be able to wait for so i'll be stuck with the fat wii :/

Paper_Mario_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Paper_Mario_4
Member since 2010 • 571 Posts

I'm a huge Mario and Zelda fan so I'll buy it once the new Zelda game comes out. However, Nintendo hasn't impressed me when it comes to Mario games since Super Mario Sunshine in 2002. That was the last great Mario game. So, as you can tell, my faith in their Mario games is rapidly declining. 

JaylisJayP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JaylisJayP
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

If Nintendo had half a brain, they'd start pumping out the HD remakes of their more popular games from years' past. They already put Ocarina on 3DS so I'm sure the idea is in there somewhere. Many of the HD remakes for PS3 have done very well. I'd eat up an HD Link to the Past, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime series, etc...

JaylisJayP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JaylisJayP
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

I'm not a huge supporter of the Wii, but it gave us nothing but awesome mario games. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, New Super Mario Brothers and Super Paper Mario were all superb titles.

Paper_Mario_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Paper_Mario_4

If all this talk of Wii U to 3DS interoperability is true, then Nintendo will be on top. If it's not true then they might lose reputation from all the longtime fans. 

marquis2322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marquis2322
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I don't think the wii u will fail but it won't be nearly as successful as the wii in terms of sells. The wii was the most succesful system of this generation but was also the least played according to a survey I read. In my opinion the wii was the worst home console that I have ever owned and I have had every nintendo system and only one non nintendo system which was the sega genesis up until this generation. When I first bought my wii the wow factor of the motion controls lasted about a month at the most and then I realized that the wii was like playing a gamecube with a motion controller. Needless to say I hardly played my wii at all and after about six months of having the wii as my only console I went out and bought a xbox 360, and I am a ( or was a) hardcore nintendo fan that believed that since I grew up on nintendo I would stick with nintendo not matter what. Eventually I ended up selling my wii and all it's games and buying a ps3,that's just how much the wii sucked to me. I mean don't get me wrong it had a handful of great games but it just felt really dated.

The wii u is headed in that same direction I think. I have watched videos of some wii u games like zombie u and it looks cool how the touch screen controller works but it looks like a 360 or ps3 game with a fancy controller. I have not seen any games that really show off the power of the wii u. Graphics are not the main selling point for a console to me but they are important. I'm not paying 350 for a new console that looks only slightly better than consoles that came out 6 years ago. I would not care if the wii u is the least powerful of the three consoles whenever the next xbox and playstation come out but would want the graphics to be somewhat comparable to those systems. I hope the wii u does well but I won't be buying one until nintendo can really impress me and win me back over as a fan.

Paper_Mario_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Paper_Mario_4

I'm not a huge supporter of the Wii, but it gave us nothing but awesome mario games. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, New Super Mario Brothers and Super Paper Mario were all superb titles.

JaylisJayP

I give Nintendo a hard time on their Mario and Zelda games because I'm such a HUGE fan but I must admit...The Mario games were pretty darn fun looking back. I'd even go as far to say that Super Mario Galaxy 1 almost made me feel like a kid again. As long as Nintendo puts a lot of effort into their Mario and Zelda games I will continue to buy their systems. Hopefully they (Nintendo) can find a way to revamp the DK games and try to maybe recreate what Rare did back in the day. That's just a dream though.

SNESNOSTALGIA2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SNESNOSTALGIA2
Member since 2011 • 133 Posts

Wait until next e3 ... Nintendo has got some HUGE games for us just waiting in the shadows. I would have preordered it anyway at launch but I am very excited for it now and I have been gaming since the mid 80s 

TheBunk01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TheBunk01
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts
Picked up my Wii U today along with Mario. Enjoying it right now. This Mario is a 2D side scroller so it's kind of hard to gauge how great the graphics are but they are definitely sharp and clean. I agree with the poster above, next year at E3 we'll get a glimpse of the new Zelda/Metroid/Mario ect. The big titles are still largely in development, but the lineup they have for 2013 looks strong enough.
fanirama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 fanirama
Member since 2003 • 1245 Posts
I don't think the Wii U catering to casual market is good because these gamers have moved onto iphones and ipads for casual gaming. The WiiU will not survive because tbh the Xbox360 and PS3 are both far better than Nintendo Wii or WiiU. Most of my friends who got a Wii never played it for more than 30mins after the novelty of the highly imprecise controller wore off and they never bought further games and it just gathered dust. But they did buy lots of games for Xbox360 and PS3 and the Move and Kinect as well and they are imo far superior to the Wii controller. I think the WiiU may suffer the same fate. Time will tell whether it succeeds overall but the system is not at all impressive. I mean it is out already and I don't even see any hype or news around this.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Wii U is another family console or a console with Nintendo nostalgia. I respect Nintendo for what they accomplished back in the late 80's - mid 90's but a majority of gamers from that time period have moved on from Mario/Zelda/Metroid rehashes. How long can you keep remaking the same 3 games without the novelty and appeal eventually wearing thin? Their biggest launch is a new 2D Mario? Cmon Nintendo!

DJFerguson5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJFerguson5
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Can the game pad work with the original wii??
jackroussel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jackroussel
I never heard of any domestic disputes over the family fighting for TV time. CaptainCrazy
try living in my house.
jackroussel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jackroussel
I admit I am a troll. EmericaCky2K
agreed
Avatar image for deactivated-644e8e0193e6c
deactivated-644e8e0193e6c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 deactivated-644e8e0193e6c
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

THe Wii U is a waste of money. It has Very, very poor wifi. A wii u sitting beside a wii that works fine on the internet won't stay connected. Yes I tried moving it but is still sucks. Also Money put down for the wii u shop can not be spent on wii shopping games even though I moved everything from the wii to the wii u. I guess they want me to maintain two bags of money one for wii stuff and one for wii u. The graphics have improved is about all I can say good about it because the controller is way too large....