g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#1 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts

Here is my entry for the Bioshock Infinite Contest. I know it is an improve from my last one so enjoy :).

http://www.gamespot.com/users/g1rldraco7/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-26017801

-Saigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2 -Saigo-
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts

I can't even remember my parents no matter how much I try and I found it easier to stop tryng to remember them since they obviously didn't want me.  This sentence struggles and it's noticeable because everything else before it is written so well.

If I were editing it I'd change it to something like: I can't remember my parents no matter how hard try, but what good are memories, when they obviously didn't want me?

take care of me even though though he never talks in words. Double though. Take one out.

those are the times I feel peace and most of the lonliness seeps away for awhile. "Loneliness" and "a while" are misspelled.

how a girl is suppose to be raised supposed is the correct spelling. I'd start writing in a word processor and pasting it into Gamespot. Their spellcheck is garbage.

locked in a tower with no contact with the outside world except for the small birds that come to my small garden and I envy them for being able to fly where ever they want with no one's permission. I'd break this down. It just reads too long.

Maybe: locked in a tower with no contact with the outside world except for the small birds that come to my small garden. I envy them. I envy their freedom to fly wherever they want without anyone's permission.

The more time I spend here, the more the weight of these chains are draining my spirit. Consider cutting out a few words to this: The more time I spend here, the more the weight of these chains drain my spirit.

everything is suppose to stay this way. Supposed.

There is a nursery rhyme the children say and it brings a deadly chill down my spine as I hear them say it. Take out deadly, theres no such thing as a deadly chillwell, unless its frostbite, but it doesnt work otherwise.

" SongBird SongBird, Spirit in the Sky, SongBird SongBird, The last thing you see before you die." Awesome!

This is really good! I love the tone and the way it's written is perfect for what you're doing. Aside from the suggestions above, I'd strongly encourage you to write with a legitimate word processor and copy and paste your work into your blog rather than writing here directly. Spelling errors are a killer and should be avoided at all costs!

-Saigo-

kyleshamburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kyleshamburg
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

This a revision how can I delete the older ones? This is the one that I would like to enter.

infinite bioshock contest

EDITED BY ZYXE, PLEASE PUT YOUR POST IN ITS OWN THREAD (if you have not yet done so) SO THAT YOU ARE NOT DETRACTING FROM THE CURRENT SUBMISSION'S CONVERSATION. 

Much appreciated,

-zyxe

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5345 Posts

I'm going to take some parts and write a few comments in RED. Overall, I did enjoy the tone of your journal entry and you did a great job of conveying the emotions of the writer. I would LOVE to see you hone your skills in sentence structure and use this to elevate your writing and convey your ideas even more fluidly.

" I remember the first time he sang to me and I didn't understand. I look at my right hand and apon seeing this thimble, I am reminded of my own foolishness."

"The more time I spend here, the more the weight of these chains are draining my spirit." Very nice description! The previous sentences should be broken up a bit, you use a lot of commas where you could be using either new sentences or different, more interesting punctuation.

"Why do the people of Colombia fear me? I never did anything to them, I never asked for this life and yet I sometimes see my face on blimps." What does having your face shown on blimps have to do with the people's fear of you?