Are there going to be big changes in gameplay you think next gen?

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
I'm not talking about graphics,length or size of a game. I'm talking about controls,how to play or experience a game. 
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i think the ai will be better and more intelligent
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
If studios/developers like the ones who made heavy rain become more popular then I can see games turning into interactive movies. Other then that I think the kinect will play more of a role in the next gen xbox but otherwise no I don't think gameplay will change all that much.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

If studios/developers like the ones who made heavy rain become more popular then I can see games turning into interactive movies. Other then that I think the kinect will play more of a role in the next gen xbox but otherwise no I don't think gameplay will change all that much.Tazzman1000

nah, i would like them to continue with games, not interactive movies 

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Borrizee
If studios/developers like the ones who made heavy rain become more popular then I can see games turning into interactive movies. Other then that I think the kinect will play more of a role in the next gen xbox but otherwise no I don't think gameplay will change all that much.Tazzman1000
I like games as Heavy Rain and L.A.Noire a lot but in my opinion you need "real" games to. Not all games must become interactive movies no matter how good they are.
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Borrizee
i think the ai will be better and more intelligentThe_Last_Ride
I hope so. Not that it is bad right now but there are some flaws in games that I thought wtf is happening. The ai must be more inventive and think better on there own I think.
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tazzman1000
[QUOTE="Tazzman1000"]If studios/developers like the ones who made heavy rain become more popular then I can see games turning into interactive movies. Other then that I think the kinect will play more of a role in the next gen xbox but otherwise no I don't think gameplay will change all that much.Borrizee
I like games as Heavy Rain and L.A.Noire a lot but in my opinion you need "real" games to. Not all games must become interactive movies no matter how good they are.

I completely agree :D
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tazzman1000

[QUOTE="Tazzman1000"]If studios/developers like the ones who made heavy rain become more popular then I can see games turning into interactive movies. Other then that I think the kinect will play more of a role in the next gen xbox but otherwise no I don't think gameplay will change all that much.The_Last_Ride

I also compltely agree :D
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

[QUOTE="Tazzman1000"]If studios/developers like the ones who made heavy rain become more popular then I can see games turning into interactive movies. Other then that I think the kinect will play more of a role in the next gen xbox but otherwise no I don't think gameplay will change all that much.Tazzman1000

i may not like Watch Dogs from what i saw from it, but the ai compability there might be great. If that is an indication for what's to come, then great. I don't really care for the graphics much, but i would rather have great gameplay and story than a generic one and great graphics 

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Borrizee
[QUOTE="Tazzman1000"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

The_Last_Ride

i may not like Watch Dogs from what i saw from it, but the ai compability there might be great. If that is an indication for what's to come, then great. I don't really care for the graphics much, but i would rather have great gameplay and story than a generic one and great graphics

Amen to that. Graphics are the looks it's what beneath there that counts...as in many things.
evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 evilgamer22
Member since 2009 • 2408 Posts
I don't know if there will be big changes in gameplay, but there is potential with the Wii U. We also need to see what MS and Sony will bring to the table if they will do something similar. Still, it all comes down to how the developers use this stuff or if they even try. Most motion control games aren't very good because the devs behind them put little effort into them. Hopefully that won't be the case next gen.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride
I don't know if there will be big changes in gameplay, but there is potential with the Wii U. We also need to see what MS and Sony will bring to the table if they will do something similar. Still, it all comes down to how the developers use this stuff or if they even try. Most motion control games aren't very good because the devs behind them put little effort into them. Hopefully that won't be the case next gen.evilgamer22
yeah, or no effort at all
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Borrizee
I don't know if there will be big changes in gameplay, but there is potential with the Wii U. We also need to see what MS and Sony will bring to the table if they will do something similar. Still, it all comes down to how the developers use this stuff or if they even try. Most motion control games aren't very good because the devs behind them put little effort into them. Hopefully that won't be the case next gen.evilgamer22
I played ZombieU with a friend and I liked it a lot. The game and controls are really good. I'm PSlover...really. But at home we have PS3,Xbox 360 and 3ds...and the old playstations off course. Developers did not do enough this gen my opinion. In forms of gameplay there was not enough change,not enough progress.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride
if the Wii U can utilize most of it's hardware and potential, then we have a lot to look forward to
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Borrizee
if the Wii U can utilize most of it's hardware and potential, then we have a lot to look forward toThe_Last_Ride
WiiU has a lot of potential my opinion but the games. And can it compete to what's coming?
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

not really i think the nex gen consoles might just be a little more capable in graphics, memory capacity and processor speed than present gen, xbox might be a set top box like cable dvr's or it maybe similar to a home theatre pc. sony did put had patent application for commercials in games, and xbox submitted a patent application for projection device thats about it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]if the Wii U can utilize most of it's hardware and potential, then we have a lot to look forward toBorrizee
WiiU has a lot of potential my opinion but the games. And can it compete to what's coming?

graphic wise, no. But at least it will be better than Wii regarding graphics. IT has more power. But the Xbox and PS3 will blow us away in the graphics department
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Borrizee
[QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]if the Wii U can utilize most of it's hardware and potential, then we have a lot to look forward toThe_Last_Ride

graphic wise, no. But at least it will be better than Wii regarding graphics. IT has more power. But the Xbox and PS3 will blow us away in the graphics department

But graphics is not everything. I love PS,playing it from the beginning. But PS2 did more for gaming and gameplay then PS3 my opinion. So I hope the focus in the future is more then graphics. PS And Xbox please do what you want to do and surprise us all I say.
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Borrizee

not really i think the nex gen consoles might just be a little more capable in graphics, memory capacity and processor speed than present gen, xbox might be a set top box like cable dvr's or it maybe similar to a home theatre pc. sony did put had patent application for commercials in games, and xbox submitted a patent application for projection device thats about it.

urbangamez
I hope that's not true but you make a point. My opinion they should go for gameplay,ai,and feel of games. Be inventive again.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Borrizee"] WiiU has a lot of potential my opinion but the games. And can it compete to what's coming?

But graphics is not everything. I love PS,playing it from the beginning. But PS2 did more for gaming and gameplay then PS3 my opinion. So I hope the focus in the future is more then graphics. PS And Xbox please do what you want to do and surprise us all I say.

that is true, but PS3 has had a lot of exclusives
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Borrizee
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] graphic wise, no. But at least it will be better than Wii regarding graphics. IT has more power. But the Xbox and PS3 will blow us away in the graphics department

I love the exclusives but do not by consoles for it. But they are great.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Borrizee"] But graphics is not everything. I love PS,playing it from the beginning. But PS2 did more for gaming and gameplay then PS3 my opinion. So I hope the focus in the future is more then graphics. PS And Xbox please do what you want to do and surprise us all I say.

I love the exclusives but do not by consoles for it. But they are great.

true, but they also are a great reason for buying them. But buying them just because of the exlusives is kind of dumb
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 urbangamez

i think cd/dvd drives are now obsolete, well have been for awhile but i refused to accept this option, so i think there should be now be two types of xbox for example, one with cd drives for those who wish to purchase discs and one without, both types must have internal storage drives, with ports for sd cards as well as usb as storage expansion options

i also think that stores, xbl and psn, should now accelerate transition so that download services become dominant and discs are available mainly as collectors items by special order.

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Borrizee

i think cd/dvd drives are now obsolete, well have been for awhile but i refused to accept this option, so i think there should be now be two types of xbox for example, one with cd drives for those who wish to purchase discs and one without, both types must have internal storage drives, with ports for sd cards as well as usb as storage expansion options

i also think that stores, xbl and psn, should now accelerate transition so that download services become dominant and discs are available mainly as collectors items by special order.

urbangamez
I do not agree. All respect for your meaning off course but me I want discs,nice artcover and a little book inside. I still buy cd and lp and I love it. I got a wall full of music,games and books. And I hate it if I got to get my instructions or booklet on the Internet,it's part of the art. And my opinion on consoles is,my console is for playing games nothing more. If I want to google,chat,watch a movie,...I take something else.
evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 evilgamer22
[QUOTE="urbangamez"]

Borrizee

I do not agree. All respect for your meaning off course but me I want discs,nice artcover and a little book inside. I still buy cd and lp and I love it. I got a wall full of music,games and books. And I hate it if I got to get my instructions or booklet on the Internet,it's part of the art. And my opinion on consoles is,my console is for playing games nothing more. If I want to google,chat,watch a movie,...I take something else.

Same here. I love my shelf full of games in my living room. Although I understand why people prefer digital since its more convenient and not everyone wants a ton of games taking up space in their house. Personally I think both options should be readily available across all platforms so consumers can choose. Right now consoles are still behind pc when it comes to digital distribution. 

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Borrizee
[QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="urbangamez"]

evilgamer22

Same here. I love my shelf full of games in my living room. Although I understand why people prefer digital since its more convenient and not everyone wants a ton of games taking up space in their house. Personally I think both options should be readily available across all platforms so consumers can choose. Right now consoles are still behind pc when it comes to digital distribution.

consoles are behind on that. In my life I only bought Journey digital...man it was worth it. It's for the better that people can choose what they do in the future I guess but don't take the discs out of the market. Still waiting to play The Walking Dead for that reason.
evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 evilgamer22
[QUOTE="evilgamer22"][QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="urbangamez"]

Borrizee

consoles are behind on that. In my life I only bought Journey digital...man it was worth it. It's for the better that people can choose what they do in the future I guess but don't take the discs out of the market. Still waiting to play The Walking Dead for that reason.

Thats what I am afriad of, that discs will be eventually taken out of the market. I don't think it will happen soon since the traditional brick and mortar stores like Walmart have so much invested, but I still think it will happen. I can see a future where the industry slowly fazes out physical media in favor of digital since its cheaper and easier for them. 

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Borrizee
[QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="evilgamer22"]

evilgamer22

Thats what I am afriad of, that discs will be eventually taken out of the market. I don't think it will happen soon since the traditional brick and mortar stores like Walmart have so much invested, but I still think it will happen. I can see a future where the industry slowly fazes out physical media in favor of digital since its cheaper and easier for them.

I agree,let us hope not in our lifetime.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

urbangamez
i don't think discs are outdated, there are blu rays
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 urbangamez

i understand all the points made, and i want brick stores to continue as well, but i watched nintendo at the peak of the snes decide that cartridges were the future bet on n64 and let sony design the ps when sega had shown discs were the future at that time, blockbuster thought netflix was a joke, barnes & noble thought amazon was a joke, best buy watched compusa, circuit city etc go out of biz and never changed in time, i've seen enough stores closed and kids out of work.

ms and sony have to change to maintain viability with consoles, margins are decresing with tech hardware, they have to be more efficient, download is part of the solution and opening the platforms to all forms of digital entertainment is the way forward, less gamers are finishing games, more gamers are using consoles for video and music, that's ms and sony's own data, they can't force these gamers to stop. Its going to have to be a mix of old and mostly new going forward, and create a changed industry to rehire these kids.

respectfully, i must disagree, blu ray and all these other files can be stored on digital media smaller than discs, as time goes by i expect sd cards and ssd tech to have more capacity and become smaller.

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Borrizee

i understand all the points made, and i want brick stores to continue as well, but i watched nintendo at the peak of the snes decide that cartridges were the future bet on n64 and let sony design the ps when sega had shown discs were the future at that time, blockbuster thought netflix was a joke, barnes & noble thought amazon was a joke, best buy watched compusa, circuit city etc go out of biz and never changed in time, i've seen enough stores closed and kids out of work.

ms and sony have to change to maintain viability with consoles, margins are decresing with tech hardware, they have to be more efficient, download is part of the solution and opening the platforms to all forms of digital entertainment is the way forward, less gamers are finishing games, more gamers are using consoles for video and music, that's ms and sony's own data, they can't force these gamers to stop. Its going to have to be a mix of old and mostly new going forward, and create a changed industry to rehire these kids.

respectfully, i must disagree, blu ray and all these other files can be stored on digital media smaller than discs, as time goes by i expect sd cards and ssd tech to have more capacity and become smaller.

urbangamez
that's what I'm afraid of. It's true the points you are making and it's a sad one my opinion.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride
yeah, but they aren't physical, i would want physical copies
evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 evilgamer22

urbangamez

Everything you say is true. I can't deny the impact going digital has for devs and publishers (especially indies) and how convenient it is for the consumer. Its definitely the future. I just prefer physical copies is all and I just hope that they continue (at least for a little while longer) to give us both so we have a choice. 

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 urbangamez

sd cards and some ssd are kind of cartridges in a sense, in a case of whats old is new again, so i think optical discs will survive they just won't be as dominant as they were in prior years.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Last_Ride

sd cards and some ssd are kind of cartridges in a sense, in a case of whats old is new again, so i think optical discs will survive they just won't be as dominant as they were in prior years.

urbangamez
yeah it is in a sense, but the old N64 and Snes cartridges only had one purpose, the ones that are here now are universal