dirtyjersey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dirtyjersey13
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

Why haven't reviews been posted yet?? This makes me very suspicious of the actual game. I suspect it sucks.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I can't imagine that it won't suck. Graphics aside, the actual game play is what is bad. Every single take down lands in side control. Single move set instead of individual moves. When is the last time you seen Roy Nelson do a front kick? Never. Every fighter shouldn't be having the same move set. They should have kept the moves like THQ had theirs set.

Lamachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Lamachina
Member since 2009 • 162 Posts

EA at it again. They knew the game was mediocre so they pulled some shenanigans to delay reviews on the bigger sites till well after release.

cm1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 cm1978
Member since 2004 • 417 Posts

I think E3 delayed the review of the game.

primetime395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 primetime395
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

For the ppl writing bad reviews on this game have no idea what their talking about this ufc game is abillion times better then any mma game the graphics are beautiful the game play is crazy the online u could actually have fights not like any of the thq ufc games the online was unplayable So in my opinion this game is 1000000 better then the last thq ufc games I'm so glad ea took over I new they were gonna do an amazing job I think the ppl hating just suck at the game so they make an excuse

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

Reviews are almost always delayed the week after e3 for Gamespot. It's been that way for the past 10 years.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By driftingsilvia

@primetime395: So what exactly makes this game better? Other than the graphics obviously. The shared move set is a really big turn off if you're a mma fan. Not every fighter does the same moves in the real ring, why should they in game? The realism is lost in this game.

ELTRENKO1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 ELTRENKO1
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

This is the best mma game ever!!! i had all the ufc undisputed, the ea sports mma.. and now this one! this one is amazing!!!! for all the mma fans this is the best game yet!!! the engine is amazing... the blood, the stamina, the movements, every fighter feels like their own! not like in thq... the only thing i hate is that you can t create your own event! but the game rocks!

alteredstate69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alteredstate69
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@driftingsilvia: I think you'll find that @primetime395 and ELTRENKO1 below are both "sock puppets". An online identity used for purposes of deception. EA probably has them on all the big gaming websites. Most likely outsourced to cheap foreign workers.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 driftingsilvia

or they just like the game lol

camverge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 camverge
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts

@alteredstate69: I have to agree. I too owned all the previous UFC games and I have to say other than the graphics, this one just feels shallow. The injury system in UFC Undisputed 3 is far superior to this one. The cuts, swelling, and bruising in 3 are unmatched by this one. Like everyone else has already spoke of, the move sets are ridiculous. It was impressive how much emphasis THQ put into the minor differences between each fighter's style. Here it's almost like playing the first UFC by THQ where you have a couple of moves per stance/position. The hit detection looks off, watching replays of knockouts you never really feel your blows connect that well. I don't hate the game, but there are vast improvements that need done to it before it can even come close to being superior to Undisputed 3.

alteredstate69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alteredstate69
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@camverge: I think you meant to reply to @driftingsilvia, but I totally agree. I think EA knew as long as it looked good it would sell so they rushed it and gave everyone the same move sets. Hopefully they build on what they have here, a great looking engine, and turn it into the UFC game the fans deserve.

dirtyjersey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dirtyjersey13
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

I have no been playing the game since launch day, and i don't hate it as much as I originally thought. It goes without saying that the graphics are awesome. The gameplay, however, is a step backwards from THQ. Nevertheless, I am having fun with it. Fingers crossed for next iteration.

Avatar image for theexperience13
theexperience13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 theexperience13
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

Striking- FANTASTIC. A little ridiculous and arcadey, though, that people can eat dozens of powerful head kicks/hooks with no consequence.

Grappling- ungodly slow and unresponsive. EA shouldve jsut stuck with the THQ grappling formula. and absolutely ridiculous that EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER can easily flip the guy in their full guard into getting mounted. it is nowhere near that simple, fluid and easy to get someone from your guard to mount irl, but it happens every 30 seconds in EA UFC