jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jakek
Member since 2003 • 1473 Posts
Sorry if this was posted somewhere but i was wondering what everyone's opinions are about the storyline. TM1 is the 10th tournament (i think), Minion was the winner of the 9th. TM 3 &4's story are not canon with the others. From what I understand, Black is all a dream in Sweet Tooth's head. Now, is TM2 the 11th tournament? (i don't remember)... and if it is, then doesn't that make Outlaw the winner of the 10th? Also, when does Head-On happen and is it really happening or is it a dream in Marcus Kane's (in this game a split personality of Needles Kane aka Sweet Tooth) ? Also, do we know who won TM2? Head-On makes it act like Twister won, but I don't really know. My head now hurts. Anyone have any information to help me?
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 DMethot
Member since 2006 • 408 Posts
You're right. Very confusing, and honestly I think it's supposed to be. I think you're supposed to take the current story and just go by that story of who won the previous tournament. Outlaw and Outlaw 2. Twister and her sister. Even Warthog in 2 + 3.
twistedslu99er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 twistedslu99er
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
so 1=minion 2=outlaw 3+4=warthog black =no 1 ?
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jakek
well actually, it would be: actual contest TM1 - ? TM2 - ? TM3 - ? TM4 - ? TM5 - ? TM6 - ? TM7 - ? TM8 - ? TM9 - Minion TM10 - Outlaw - I think we all agree he won the first game's contest? TM11 - Twister - This is the second twisted metal game (i think) and Twister wins based on the ending of her sister from Head On. BUT - according to the Marcus Kane ending, TM2 was all not real and a dream inside his coma head that all the other contestants were also in via their comas. So i have no idea if this contest is even real, meaning that Head-On isn't even real... head explodes from confusion TM12 - I guess this competition is Head-On but we don't officially know who wins it yet or if its real or what so I leave this one open Now we have to decide if TM3 and TM4 (games) actually count as far as story goes, and I'm pretty sure David Jaffe says they don't since 989 made them. Black is all a dream in Sweet Tooth's head so it really doesn't matter the storyline or who wins, (though they are awesome stories) but there may be some truth to them, such as yellow jacket being sweet tooth's dad and brother. Sorry for the long post, any corrections anyone can make, please do
ewewewewewew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewewewewewew
Member since 2009 • 771 Posts
all i can say is,anyone wins,it depends on the car you drive,and if you use all cars you see all ends,they don't have a specific favored story,if they had,i would have to be sweet tooth who wins all contests because he is actually the only character that drives the same truck,while the rest of the cars will always be a slightly different,so this = you can see him driving in any game because he wins every time,or something like that,i don't even know if i believe what i just said,my mind gets twisted when i think a lot about this game.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

I suppose the idea is that in order for the Twister Formula car to still be around, or either of Outlaw's drivers to still exist when you choose them, they had to have win the previous Twisted Metals. But at the same time, how can half the opponents still exist when they should have been killed in the previous tournament? It's confusing, I agree. I think what happened in previous years depends on the character you pick for the current contest. But at the same time, how can you kill an opponent in the Tournament, and two battles later face them again when they should be dead? The TM formula isn't perfect, and you just follow each individual storyline rather than trying to wrap every one together and expect it to make sense, I suppose.

jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jakek
yeah. i know that it's not perfect and there are massive loopholes, but the overall story connections and winners kind of intrigue me. they all are loosely connected and i wonder if in future releases it will come together more fluidly
icecoldmarty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 icecoldmarty
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Here's what I think and remember the new Twisted Metal isn't included in my theory.

The Main Series

Twisted Metal followed by Twisted Metal 2 followed by Twisted Metal: Head-On

Parallel to the original

Twisted Metal: Black

Non Canonical Sequels

Twisted Metal 3 followed by Twisted Metal 4

Spin Off

Twisted Metal: Small Brawl

I am not sure where Twisted Metal 4 is supposed to go in my theory but I am sure the rest of this is correct.