Tritton Warhead 7.1 vs. Astro A50

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thunderup35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thunderup35
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
I am in the market for a headset for the xbox 360. I have never owned anything other than the one that comes with the xbox itself. I know that the astro still has to have the cord in the controller to do voice chat which isnt that big of a deal. I play a lot of fps shooters and want a headset that has the best sound for games and overall quality for movies music etc. Also which one is better built and be able to provide the best experience posible and will last. Thanks in advance
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Have you read the headphone FAQ?

Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bl4KD37H
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Who cares about the faq?
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kraken2109
Who cares about the faq?Bl4KD37H
Anyone who cares about sound quality or value for money.
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bl4KD37H
those headphones arent multi platform though
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kraken2109
those headphones arent multi platform thoughBl4KD37H
Read the FAQ and it will tell you how to make them multi-platform
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bl4KD37H

[QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"]those headphones arent multi platform thoughkraken2109

I think he rather just get one solution out of box instead of having to buy so many separate gadgets to make it work. You guys suck here and are no help at all. He asked a specific question between 2 brands of headsets not go read the faq.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"]those headphones arent multi platform thoughBl4KD37H

I think he rather just get one solution out of box instead of having to buy so many separate gadgets to make it work. You guys suck here and are no help at all. He asked a specific question between 2 brands of headsets not go read the faq.

Why do you care about his thread?
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bl4KD37H

[QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"] Read the FAQ and it will tell you how to make them multi-platformMonsieurX

Because he wanted an opinion from people that own them probably so he can make a decision. Not from some troll that doesnt own them trying to promote some other garbage. Obviously this is the wrong place to ask anything about gaming headsets for consoles.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"] I think he rather just get one solution out of box instead of having to buy so many separate gadgets to make it work. You guys suck here and are no help at all. He asked a specific question between 2 brands of headsets not go read the faq.

Bl4KD37H

Because he wanted an opinion from people that own them probably so he can make a decision. Not from some troll that doesnt own them trying to promote some other garbage. Obviously this is the wrong place to ask anything about gaming headsets for consoles.

Because everyone here is against gaming headset,cause they're overpriced and a catch for consumers like you. And we just want to prevent it.
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bl4KD37H
[QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Why do you care about his thread?MonsieurX

Because everyone here is against gaming headset,cause they're overpriced and a catch for consumers like you. And we just want to prevent it.

How do you know do you own them?
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bl4KD37H

Thunder i would go with the trittons over the a50's from what i have read if it's for xbox only.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"] Because he wanted an opinion from people that own them probably so he can make a decision. Not from some troll that doesnt own them trying to promote some other garbage. Obviously this is the wrong place to ask anything about gaming headsets for consoles.Bl4KD37H

No,but I've read reviews about it. Just go to head-fi.org and ask there,audiophiles
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bl4KD37H
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Because everyone here is against gaming headset,cause they're overpriced and a catch for consumers like you. And we just want to prevent it.

No,but I've read reviews about it. Just go to head-fi.org and ask there,audiophiles

Ok well i wont take the word of some one that hasnt tried them for themselves and just goes by what other people say. What your talking about is good for comps i have senheiser superaural headset for comp. im talking about a out of the box set for a console
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bl4KD37H
i dont see a console gaming headset chat at headfi
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
i dont see a console gaming headset chat at headfiBl4KD37H
Search gaming,you'll see those headset never get mentioned. Guess why! ;)
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kraken2109
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"] Because he wanted an opinion from people that own them probably so he can make a decision. Not from some troll that doesnt own them trying to promote some other garbage. Obviously this is the wrong place to ask anything about gaming headsets for consoles.Bl4KD37H

Most people here have tried at least one if not several gaming headsets. I know I have tried several from razer and turtle beach, as well as briefly trying some trittons.
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bl4KD37H
[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Because everyone here is against gaming headset,cause they're overpriced and a catch for consumers like you. And we just want to prevent it.

Most people here have tried at least one if not several gaming headsets. I know I have tried several from razer and turtle beach, as well as briefly trying some trittons.

Well mon hasnt he is just a troll
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kraken2109
[QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"][QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"] How do you know do you own them?

He's been on this forum a long time and helped many people. Both things I can't say of you.
Bl4KD37H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bl4KD37H
[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"][QUOTE="kraken2109"] Most people here have tried at least one if not several gaming headsets. I know I have tried several from razer and turtle beach, as well as briefly trying some trittons.

He's been on this forum a long time and helped many people. Both things I can't say of you.

Thats fine this place is low budget anyway, but in this instance he is trolling
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"][QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"] Well mon hasnt he is just a troll

Thats fine this place is low budget anyway, but in this instance he is trolling

Nope
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

A50s are an absolute piece of sh*t. Not even talking about sound quality. They have a constant buzz when using the mic, and the mic itself cuts out frequently.

Used to own Trittons. Decent customer service, at least before they got bought out by Mad Catz or whoever. Still wouldn't recommend it.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

A50s are an absolute piece of sh*t. Not even talking about sound quality. They have a constant buzz when using the mic, and the mic itself cuts out frequently.

Used to own Trittons. Decent customer service, at least before they got bought out by Mad Catz or whoever. Still wouldn't recommend it.

ChubbyGuy40

I was curious about the A50s myself. I've had a couple pairs of Trittons and I haven't been impressed. Poor build quality, cheap plastic and the sound was worse than my cheap earbuds.

I know this will not be a popular opinion, but I'm currently using a Turtle Beach PX5 and I'm moderately happy with it. They are overpriced if you pay retail but you can get them for as low as $80 or $90 if you get a good deal. The PS3/360 mic support is good and they work on PC provided you have optical audio out.

It's actually clear enough that I occasionally have to take one ear off to make sure I'm not also playing the sound over the desk speakers (my office is next to the baby's room). Suddenly there'll be an explosion and I'll wonder "was that just the headphones or are the speakers on by accident?". The fact that they can make me wonder that speaks well for their sound quality, at least from my perspective.

I realize that the sound quality will not be the best on these but it's much better than any other gaming headset I've ever heard, but I'm also in the boat of wanting a single solution that covers all platforms. I'm willing to take a hit to the sound quality if it means I can just use one set of headphones with no additional hardware.

-Byshop

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Get a Astro Mixamp + a Audio Techinica AD700 + A Zalman Mic and be done with it. I've been on Head-Fi for a while now and I know what I'm talking about.

thunderup35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thunderup35

thanks ive been looking at the dt770s with a boom mic (mmx 300) how does this compare to those?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonsieurX

thanks ive been looking at the dt770s with a boom mic (mmx 300) how does this compare to those?

thunderup35
Go for that
thunderup35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thunderup35

what mic do you recommend?

also have you heard of these apparently they are partners with beyerdynamic

qpad qh 1339

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Byshop

I was curious about the A50s myself. I've had a couple pairs of Trittons and I haven't been impressed. Poor build quality, cheap plastic and the sound was worse than my cheap earbuds.

I know this will not be a popular opinion, but I'm currently using a Turtle Beach PX5 and I'm moderately happy with it. They are overpriced if you pay retail but you can get them for as low as $80 or $90 if you get a good deal. The PS3/360 mic support is good and they work on PC provided you have optical audio out.

It's actually clear enough that I occasionally have to take one ear off to make sure I'm not also playing the sound over the desk speakers (my office is next to the baby's room). Suddenly there'll be an explosion and I'll wonder "was that just the headphones or are the speakers on by accident?". The fact that they can make me wonder that speaks well for their sound quality, at least from my perspective.

I realize that the sound quality will not be the best on these but it's much better than any other gaming headset I've ever heard, but I'm also in the boat of wanting a single solution that covers all platforms. I'm willing to take a hit to the sound quality if it means I can just use one set of headphones with no additional hardware.

-Byshop

i have tried a couple trittons and also wasn't impressed. i grabbed some px5s because i happened to look at amazon when they where on gold box deal for 60 dollars and thought it could be nice to try out a wireless set. i have no complaints about them other than the lack of built in rechargeable battery. i already had a good system for rechargeable battery rotation for other things at that point so it wasn't really a big deal to me. have been using them for about 8 months and they are still working good.... keep in mind, i am no audiophile but these things sound really good to me. they are overpriced though... i would never have bought them if they weren't on sale for so cheap and i don't know if i would recommend if anyone else get at retail price. but for what i got them for they are excellent.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

i have tried a couple trittons and also wasn't impressed. i grabbed some px5s because i happened to look at amazon when they where on gold box deal for 60 dollars and thought it could be nice to try out a wireless set. i have no complaints about them other than the lack of built in rechargeable battery. i already had a good system for rechargeable battery rotation for other things at that point so it wasn't really a big deal to me. have been using them for about 8 months and they are still working good.... keep in mind, i am no audiophile but these things sound really good to me. they are overpriced though... i would never have bought them if they weren't on sale for so cheap and i don't know if i would recommend if anyone else get at retail price. but for what i got them for they are excellent. MuD3

Yeah, I agree. For the sale price I got them for they are fine but at full retail they are way overpriced. Fortunately it's not that hard to find them on sale. The lack of rechargable batteries is annoying but I actually perfer supplying my own since it allows me to keep them in rotation for extended use (I also use them for conference calls when I'm working from home so it's not uncommon for me to use them for 8 to 10 hours at a time).

I wish they weren't 2.4ghz, though. They are stupidly suseptible to interference and I actually had to move the base unit as far from my tower as possible to prevent cracks, pops, and dropouts. The mic quality is not awesome, but at least it's good enough for XBL or PSN. Last gripe is since it's not techincally intended for PC the USB plug doesn't show up as an audio device like most headphones. Running optical audio and using BT for the VoIP works alright but it limits which PCs I can use it on (like my gaming laptop could only support these in Stereo).

-Byshop

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I have plain and inexpensive Koss and Panasonic headsets with separate mics, they both sounded pretty good.. my PC got soundcard. and for my PS3 has headset amp for it.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Bl4KD37H"] How do you know do you own them?Bl4KD37H

Ok well i wont take the word of some one that hasnt tried them for themselves and just goes by what other people say. What your talking about is good for comps i have senheiser superaural headset for comp. im talking about a out of the box set for a console

I have owned them

They have **** sound quality. Bloated bass, no mids, and especially no good mid bass(which is my favorite), the highs are the only semi decent thing about them and even that isnt rated good. Do your self a favor and listen to the faq, plus the trittons are a **** to set up.

Daft_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Daft_Hero
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Personally I have owned both, and currently wield the ASTRO A50's. Now for the review of both, and their pros and cons.. Tritton Warheads are one of its kind currently. being that it is truly wireless as a "headset" for xbox 360 only. The BIG con about this feature, is that it is non compatible straight out of the box for anything else. Sound quality.. one word. Superb. It features a 5.8 GHz connection with nearly seamless interruptions from any other technological devices nearby. these headsets feature fantastic base, and notably good highs and lows. another PRO. a potential CON, is that its adjustment for head sizes is limited. if your head is bigger than 7 1/4, I'm afraid it will be a tight fit, but i could be wrong. Its earcuffs feature a synthetic leather that is lined from the earcuffs, to the top of the headset where your head hits. all in all, this headset was a joy to own, and my only reason for selling it, is because of my head size, nothing bad at all. This headset also features two interchangeable batteries with 1800 maH, and last for about 15 hours each of continous play. very useful. I give this headset an 8.5/10, i take points away for its fail on being multi-platform compatible, and lack of flexibility in being comfortable for most head sizes. the good size is if you have a smaller head, and only play xbox, this headset is perfect for you The ASTRO A50, which I currently own, is by no means a dissapointment. They have a good internal battery that last for about 8-10 hours of continous play, and feature a very simple setup. It does have an update however online that you can download after purchase for better experience. I unfortuantely cannot comment too much further about his headset due to me only having them for such a short time, but for sound quality the also match on par with the trittons, and feature a smart mic mute option by simply rotating the mic upwards to mute, and down towards your mouth to talk. it also has 5.8 GHz wireless connection for seamless interuptions, and are very comfortable to wear on your head and around your neck, when not listening. The material used for the earcuffs, although very comfortable, unfortunately attract loose hair anything it almost touches, so maintenance is required to keep them clean if you mind this sort of thing, other than that, these headset feature good base, and clear highs and lows, base is a little less than trittons, but by no means is it lacking. I give these headsets a 8.75/10, only because of the maintenance required to keep the earcuffs clean. Price: Tritton Warhead 7.1 - $249.99 + tax (so around $260+) ASTRO A50 - $299.99 (added 2 warranty optional $23) + tax - (about $340+) both these headset are great, but if you want multi-platform, choose the ASTRO A50. This is if you are willing to spend money for quality.