kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 kamauldi
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

This poem I created was based on homework that I had to do for my English class when I was a sophomore in high school.  It's about my pets; a couple of birds whom I named Trixie and Pesto.  They're both dead now, but back then they were happy, healthy little birds that always chirped and beeped every single day.  Here's the poem I wrote about them:

I have two birds named Pesto and Trixie,

They are like two little feathered pixies,

Pesto has a million songs to memorize and sing,

And Trixie is full of zing,

They live in a nice, big, white cage,

Where they like to fly and eat seeds and cabbage,

They even have a nest where they can sleep,

And they sleep until Pesto makes his morning peep,

They are children who love to play,

Their songs will brighten your day,

Pesto is like an old man who has been around forever,

And Trixie is as young and energetic as ever,

Trixie happens to be Pesto’s third girlfriend,

And who knows if Trixie ever had an old boyfriend,

Wild Zebra Finches live in parts of Australia,

And other species of finches live in other places

Like South America, Africa, and Asia,

And they too, always have a song on their beaks,

Which can last for weeks and weeks,

I love my birds and I will always be their friend,

That will last until the end.

Tell me what you think about this poem.

Avatar image for 215278190490370409088520790582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 215278190490370409088520790582
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
:).........(Crys) that's beautiful!
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
I liked it!
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts
It made me laugh at some parts. I really enjoyed it.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Beautiful poem! It made me sad a bit since they're now dead and the poem expressed how much you cared for them...it makes me think about my pet bird I have today!
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
Its a really good poem, for all but one line I was lost in the poem. It really got me thinking, and how you said that they were dead now made me kind of said because they seem awsome. Good Poem Mate ...
Etware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Etware
Member since 2005 • 1524 Posts
I liked it a lot. It was simple, and said so much. I liked the ending the most.
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kamauldi

Well, those two little birds have been in my heart for a long time.  I am still taking care of zebra finches now, but don't worry, my heart has plenty of room for them.  I own four zebra finches now, not two like I used to.

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sparky-05

Well, those two little birds have been in my heart for a long time. I am still taking care of zebra finches now, but don't worry, my heart has plenty of room for them. I own four zebra finches now, not two like I used to.

kamauldi

OO ... well the two you had sound awsome. What are the names of the newer ones?
jacash3492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 141

#10 jacash3492
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
Nice poem. I enjoyed it.
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kamauldi

Fiona, Bobby, Snow White, and Junior.  The last two birds are the children of Fiona and Bobby, and they are a brother and a sister to each other.  I just decided to keep them because I couldn't let them go. 

Actually, my little Fiona is not ugly, but I kinda stuck with that name after seeing Shrek.  The name Bobby came from another one of the Goodfeathers from Animaniacs; in fact, that was where I got the name Pesto for the other bird. 

This is pretty awkward, but the other female bird I have (Snow White) happens to be mostly white all over, so that's why I named her that.  Zebra finches are normally not completely white, but it was genetics that did it.  And Junior...I found out a while back he has a toe on one of his feet that is partly missing.  Once again, that's genetics; I'm pretty sure he was born with it.

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sparky-05
Ah, genetics do that. I know this chipmunk, not personally but he had a stub for a leg, only had 3 legs and a stub for the fourth. Interesting names for your pets. I hope to see another poem about them, got any in the works?
Avatar image for zinedinezidane1
zinedinezidane1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 zinedinezidane1
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
nice poem i enjoyed it
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kamauldi
Unfortunately, no.  That poem was really homework I had to do for my English class, but we'll see.  I am enthusiastic about writing one about them.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Platyphyllum

Fiona, Bobby, Snow White, and Junior. The last two birds are the children of Fiona and Bobby, and they are a brother and a sister to each other. I just decided to keep them because I couldn't let them go.

Actually, my little Fiona is not ugly, but I kinda stuck with that name after seeing Shrek. The name Bobby came from another one of the Goodfeathers from Animaniacs; in fact, that was where I got the name Pesto for the other bird.

This is pretty awkward, but the other female bird I have (Snow White) happens to be mostly white all over, so that's why I named her that. Zebra finches are normally not completely white, but it was genetics that did it. And Junior...I found out a while back he has a toe on one of his feet that is partly missing. Once again, that's genetics; I'm pretty sure he was born with it.

kamauldi

Those are some pretty nice names!
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kamauldi

I try to be original with those names and not go overboard.  I remember I had to decide a few names for Pesto before I decided to stick with Pesto.  I thought it was a cute name. 

Speaking of Pesto, the reason I named his girlfriend Trixie was because she happened to be Pesto's third girlfriend.  Pesto only lived about a few years, and compared to a zebra finch, that's old, like 70-75 years old based on human years.  He had four girlfriends his whole life, and his fourth girlfriend (which happens to be Fiona) is still alive today. 

You know, for those of you that's interested in getting a new pet, but you don't want to spend too much for it or you just want it simple, a finch is the way to go.  A finch in particular (not just zebra finches) is good enough to be a pet and keep you company with their beautiful music. 

Wow, I didn't think the subject about my birds was this popular.  

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Platyphyllum
Finches sound nice! :) I already have a lovebird though and it's pretty cool!
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kamauldi
What's its name?  Lovebirds are cute. 
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Platyphyllum
Yeah, my lovebird is really cute :) His name is "Sunshine"
xSpitFire3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 xSpitFire3x
Member since 2005 • 620 Posts
that was really cute.
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kamauldi

Funny you mentioned you had a lovebird, because I remember seeing of couple of them in a Garfield Sunday strip about two weeks ago.  Garfield is one of my favorite comic strips.

Anyway, that's a cute name for a cute bird.  Are you thinking about getting him a mate?

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Platyphyllum
Nah, he's kind of old, and quite violent (he bites anything in sight) so I don't think getting him a mate would be a good idea unless...you want his mate to die.
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kamauldi

That's funny.  Lovebird and violence don't mix.  Oh well, I guess he's happy being by himself.  Have you tried playing some music from the radio for him?  Usually, soothing music like jazz or orchestra is good music to them.  I often turn on the radio for my birds before I leave for school.

Speaking of your lovebird, I've had Snow White and Junior separated for a while, because it seems like everytime Snow White makes eggs after they "do the duty", she thinks Junior is in her way or is going to hurt the eggs one way or another.  So, she keeps fighting with him, and I hate that a lot to the point where I'll just separate them from each other.  Zebra finches usually like being together, but if a couple can't cooperate, even they are just siblings, separation would have to be the best thing to do.  At least, Fiona and Bobby never fight, because they are a perfect couple and they love being together. 

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Platyphyllum

That's funny. Lovebird and violence don't mix. Oh well, I guess he's happy being by himself. Have you tried playing some music from the radio for him? Usually, soothing music like jazz or orchestra is good music to them. I often turn on the radio for my birds before I leave for school.

Speaking of your lovebird, I've had Snow White and Junior separated for a while, because it seems like everytime Snow White makes eggs after they "do the duty", she thinks Junior is in her way or is going to hurt the eggs one way or another. So, she keeps fighting with him, and I hate that a lot to the point where I'll just separate them from each other. Zebra finches usually like being together, but if a couple can't cooperate, even they are just siblings, separation would have to be the best thing to do. At least, Fiona and Bobby never fight, because they are a perfect couple and they love being together.

kamauldi

Music...actually, no I haven't tried that yet! I should though.
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kamauldi
It's a good way to keep him company. 
brandontek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 brandontek
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
I have 2 birds that had like 5 babys LOL! My other bird died becasue.......she had to much babys..:( But now I got a new bird. I guess my male bird is a "PIMP" Anyways, I play bird music and rock, The funny thing is that he moves back and forth to the beat. It's cool! 
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kamauldi
What kind of birds are they?
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts
That was pretty good.  Better poem than I could do; the best one I ever made was about how much I like pizza.  And it wasn't very good to begin with.
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kamauldi
You can always try again until you make a poem about pizzas that looks good to you.  You can mention different toppings, where pizza came from, etc.  Coming up with ideas like that is essential.