Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#101 Iceferno
Member since 2007 • 8371 Posts
Oh absolutely. Halo 3 is just another FPS. Why all the hype? You can probably do all that crap in Quake 4 anyway, and if you can't, who cares!
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 bd0g5
Member since 2007 • 7317 Posts
I find most FPS boring, but Halo is the best one i've played.
Avatar image for ilikegodofwar21
ilikegodofwar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 ilikegodofwar21
Member since 2007 • 508 Posts

I know, right? Sure, I never played Quake 4, but from what I can tell it looks fun.

Now how do I know Halo 3 is boring? I actually played it for like 5 hours with my friend, heres a chart of my progression.

0:00 - 1:00

" Wow, this game is actually real fun! Sure, a bit overrated, but still awesome! "

1:00 - 2:00

" Still good, but the split-screen is starting to get annoying and the vehicles aren't that great, and why is it that I can beat my friend even though he's been playing it a lot longer? "

2:00 - 3:00

" Ok, this isn't interesting, all I have to do to heal is wait a while and shoot when he comes close, I'm beating him! This game is very overrated "

3:00 - 5:00

" Ok, this game is easy and boring as hell. This game is the most freaking overrated game in the history of mankind! To think that some people bought a xbox just for this game is baffling! F**KING COKE BOTTLES!? BURGER KING AND MOUNTAIN DEW MAKE F**KING COKE BOTTLES OF THIS GAME!!? ( Here, it's atcully true: http://www.digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mk-al308_halo_20070808191741.jpghttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1121/1437707291_7fb8e09100.jpg ) IF HALO DESERVES A COKE BOTTLE, THAN RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN AND MGS4 SHOULD TOO! ( continues rant for another 30 minutes )

Yea.....you can see how me and halo aren't the best of friends.....

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 SOADjoe19
Member since 2007 • 3061 Posts
*gets pitchfork ready*
Okay, ilgow. Just point to the direction of the beast and he shall be slain! :lol:
ilikegodofwar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ilikegodofwar21

It's a hopeless cause, Joe, the beast has too many slaves to handle, some of them are at high ranks in the system......

FIGHT THE POWER!

_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 _Drago_
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts

It's a hopeless cause, Joe, the beast has too many slaves to handle, some of them are at high ranks in the system......

FIGHT THE POWER!

ilikegodofwar21

He's right Joe.

I felt the same way about the Final Fantasy VII slaves. In fact, I tried to challenge them at one time. Before I knew it, I was up to my elbows in rabid fanboys. But the ironic thing is, I was once one myself...

So yes, it is a lost cause, for there's too many to handle. Just ignore them, and pretend that the overhyped game and its blind followers don't exist. That's the way I deal with it...

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SOADjoe19

*closes eyes*
*blocks out all the a--holes*
*opens eyes*

Hey! I feel better! lol

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 Aerosite
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
I am trying my hardest to not sound like a fanboy, but why does everyone not like FF7, I found it to be the best one.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 bd0g5
Yeah, it does seem to be the best one. Btw, don't you think you're a bit overreacting about Halo 3?
ilikegodofwar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ilikegodofwar21

^ I was partially joking, but I still can't find any reason why anyone would buy and xbox or burger king and moutain dew to make coke/fries covers just for some mediocre at best game.

Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Iceferno

Btw, don't you think you're a bit overreacting about Halo 3?bd0g5

It's just not that great lol. BioShock is better really.

swordmaster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 swordmaster3
Member since 2008 • 571 Posts
Man I might just ask for the arcade xbox just so I can play great games like bioshock and lost odyssy (I seriously want to play that rpg badly).
Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Iceferno
Yeah same here. There are quite a few 360 RPGs I'd like to try. Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon and also the recent Infinite Undiscovery.
ilikegodofwar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ilikegodofwar21

^ Yea true, the Xbox has alot of good RPGs, and for some odd reason the PS3 doesn't have any real good exclusive RPGs.....

Oh wait, there's FFVSXII, made from the guy who made kingdom hearts.

bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 bd0g5

^ I was partially joking, but I still can't find any reason why anyone would buy and xbox or burger king and moutain dew to make coke/fries covers just for some mediocre at best game.

ilikegodofwar21

Buying an Xbox is pretty pointless for just Halo. If someone is going to buy a system, it shouldn't only be for one game.

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SOADjoe19
Honestly, I would probably get a PS3 because of Gran Turismo 5, which is exclusive to the Sony brand, and Tekken 6 (even though its gonna be on both systems)
Damn, compared to all these other games, the Wii seems to be extremely crappy, eh?
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 bd0g5
I've got bad news for you, Joe. I think i saw somewhere that GT 5 isn't coming until late 2010 or 2011.
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 _Drago_

I am trying my hardest to not sound like a fanboy, but why does everyone not like FF7, I found it to be the best one.Aerosite

It's not that I hate it. In fact, I once thought that it was the best game ever, and still like it. Like most people, I just hate the fanboys who worship it to be "the best game ever" and overhype it by saying things like nothing will match up to the "awesomeness" of Final Fantasy VII.

Buying an Xbox is pretty pointless for just Halo. If someone is going to buy a system, it shouldn't only be for one game.

bd0g5

Thank you!

Seriously, anyone who buys a system just for one or two games, is most likely going to complain that the system offers nothing else that is great or beg for others to recommend them some "good" games. That's why you should never buy a system just for the overhyped stuff. Instead, researching what all it has to offer is the best thing to do.

Honestly, I would probably get a PS3 because of Gran Turismo 5, which is exclusive to the Sony brand, and Tekken 6 (even though its gonna be on both systems)
Damn, compared to all these other games, the Wii seems to be extremely crappy, eh?SOADjoe19

Stick with what you know and trust. That's what I would normally do.

The Wii does have a questionable selection of games, but there are some fun ones. Although, those games are not as common as they are for the other consoles. Nintendo wants to appeal more to the casual gamers, and not to the real ones like us.

So they are gradually losing my loyalty...

bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 bd0g5
Most of the people who have the Wii are kids, or seniors. (Some use it for exersize now. :lol: )
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 _Drago_

Most of the people who have the Wii are kids, or seniors. (Some use it for exersize now. :lol: ) bd0g5

I think those people need to be smacked for using a gaming console as their source of exercise...

Go out and run, or take a trip to the Gym if exercise is what you want. That's what I would tell them after administering the wake up call...

bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 bd0g5
Yes, if you want exercise, DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!! They should do what you said, go to the gym or something.
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SOADjoe19
I've got bad news for you, Joe. I think i saw somewhere that GT 5 isn't coming until late 2010 or 2011.bd0g5

*sigh* Yeah, I know, Brandon. And the release of GT5: Prolouge in 2007 doesn't really help with anything either. :roll:
Hopefully by then I have one. ;)
swordmaster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 swordmaster3
Member since 2008 • 571 Posts

[QUOTE="bd0g5"]Most of the people who have the Wii are kids, or seniors. (Some use it for exersize now. :lol: ) _Drago_

I think those people need to be smacked for using a gaming console as their source of exercise...

Go out and run, or take a trip to the Gym if exercise is what you want. That's what I would tell them after administering the wake up call...

Oh boy...this seems like the perfect time to post my favorite video of wii fit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

But yeah there are fun games to play for the wii. Check out the "Argh..." topic to find my list of my favorite non-nintendo games so far (I don't have to many games right now for the wii).

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 SOADjoe19
That video just made the Wii Fit look even more pointless than it already is. :lol:
MissKittyKat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#125 MissKittyKat21
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

The Legend of Spyro A New Beginning, The Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night, and Spryo Enter the Dragonfly

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SOADjoe19
Cool, MKK21, you got a collection going there! ;) Which series do you like more anyway? The original or the Legend series?
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 bd0g5
It's probably the LOS series, because they don't have any original games.
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 _Drago_

The Legend of Spyro A New Beginning, The Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night, and Spryo Enter the Dragonfly

MissKittyKat21

Hello there. It's been some time since someone else joined us. Nice to meet you, MissKittyKat21. ;)

I'm sure you plan on getting The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, right? It's the sequel to The Eternal Night and the last game in the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Iceferno
Ah a new member? Welcome 8)
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 bd0g5

I hope you're going to be active here. :)

Some people only post in one or 2 topics when they go to new unions, though. :?

Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Iceferno
I hope you're going to be active here. :)

Some people only post in one or 2 topics when they go to new unions, though. :?bd0g5

WHAA!? That's not right. They should just stick with one. I suppose they're probably just advertising something like YouTube vids or a review they wrote. But really, they should stick with USU, cuz we have what feels like a more controlled amount of activity here. No insane 5-pages-of-new-messages board like those popular ones! :P

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 SOADjoe19
Eh, I know what you mean, but the good thing is that they did join! Nice to have ya here, MissKittyKat!
MissKittyKat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 MissKittyKat21

Cool, MKK21, you got a collection going there! ;) Which series do you like more anyway? The original or the Legend series?SOADjoe19

At this point I like the Legend of Spyro series better...but who knows what I will like after I get some other Spyro games.

MissKittyKat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MissKittyKat21
Actually I think this is the Union I am most active in...I think it has something to do with it having fewer members and I know that if I have a question or an issue that it will actually be seen instead of slipping to page 20 of posted topics because there are too many members. I try to get on here every day but sometimes I can't.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 bd0g5
It's ok if you can't be that active, but you should still try. Btw, have you tried any of the PS1 Spyro games? They're really good.
MissKittyKat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 MissKittyKat21
Not yet. I am having enough problems with the PS2 games working on my bc PS3. I haven't seen any original playstation games at the shops my husband and I have around here also. But I am sure I will try some at some point.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 bd0g5
They're pretty tough to find. I see them at GameStop sometimes, but It's always the 3rd one.
Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Iceferno
Don't you mean Gamestop? I don't blame you for getting confused :P
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 bd0g5
Umm, I'll just edit that out now.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 bd0g5

Sweet, I can add Dawn of the Dragon to my list now. :)

It's good so far, but I've only done the first level. I'm in Co-op mode, and only my brother is getting achievements. That's ok though, I'm going to beat it in Solo soon.

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SOADjoe19
Actually I think this is the Union I am most active in...I think it has something to do with it having fewer members and I know that if I have a question or an issue that it will actually be seen instead of slipping to page 20 of posted topics because there are too many members. I try to get on here every day but sometimes I can't.MissKittyKat21

That's why this Union flourishes so much and everyone is so active. Because this place as a little amount of members who post a huge amount of messages! Every post is accounted for. Every message is seen. Every person is responded to. It's amazing how well this place grew. I'm so proud of it....;)
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 bd0g5
We can still get a few more members, if we try advertising at the DotD board. We should make a topic soon.
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SOADjoe19
Maybe, but its something about having only a select few that I love about this place....
But your right, we should try to expand our horizons more.

But when you think of it, we have THE ONLY Spyro dedicated Union in GameSpot! Thats an amazing feat, and also that we were able to pull it off in such a great way that makes us one of the best perhaps friendliest unions out there.

Also, I want to look into trying to get more achievement points for the Union and to grow it a bit more in accordance with the Gamer Level on the USU's main screen.
It's gonna take some time, but I want some conpensation for this place!!!
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 _Drago_

Sweet, I can add Dawn of the Dragon to my list now. :)

It's good so far, but I've only done the first level. I'm in Co-op mode, and only my brother is getting achievements. That's ok though, I'm going to beat it in Solo soon.

bd0g5

You're lucky to be able to play it with your brother. The Buddy System achievement is the last one I need to master this game. It looks like I won't be getting it anytime soon...

[QUOTE="MissKittyKat21"]Actually I think this is the Union I am most active in...I think it has something to do with it having fewer members and I know that if I have a question or an issue that it will actually be seen instead of slipping to page 20 of posted topics because there are too many members. I try to get on here every day but sometimes I can't.SOADjoe19

That's why this Union flourishes so much and everyone is so active. Because this place as a little amount of members who post a huge amount of messages! Every post is accounted for. Every message is seen. Every person is responded to. It's amazing how well this place grew. I'm so proud of it....;)

As always, Joe took the words right out of my mouth. :)

I'm happy to use GameSpot just for this union. Otherwise, I wouldn't have any reason to be on this site...

We can still get a few more members, if we try advertising at the DotD board. We should make a topic soon.bd0g5

Just be careful about the whole advertising thing. You know what happened before on another Spyro board...

I know an easy and safe way to advertise the USU. Why not try putting the link to this place in your sig on GameFAQs?

That reminds me, some of us need to change our sigs on GameFAQs, since Dawn of the Dragon has already been released. You know who you are... ;)

But when you think of it, we have THE ONLY Spyro dedicated Union in GameSpot! Thats an amazing feat, and also that we were able to pull it off in such a great way that makes us one of the best perhaps friendliest unions out there.

Also, I want to look into trying to get more achievement points for the Union and to grow it a bit more in accordance with the Gamer Level on the USU's main screen.
It's gonna take some time, but I want some conpensation for this place!!! SOADjoe19

I'm almost speechless after reading the first quoted paragraph, but I need to say something.

Don't bother with the union level. I can already tell you GameSpot stopped leveling the unions long ago. See here for the reason and confirmation.

But, it doesn't matter anyway. You said it yourself that we already have the evidence of our efforts in our topics and on the homepage. We can prove how determined we are to keep the union growing even more by the amount of posts we have made and by the time we take to find all the updates and information for anything Spyro related. You have personally shown us how active we are.

Knowing this, we don't need GS's broken level system to prove how strong of a union we are. Everything is right before us, and that's all that is needed.

bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 bd0g5
That's right. I learned about a week ago that they stopped the Union level, and the Union emblems. It would be nice to have them, but It's ok.
Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Iceferno
Man, that sucks. I guess you can only have so many kinds of Levels though. GS probably thought Union Levels was overdoing it.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 bd0g5
I think it was just because of spamming. That sucks...
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SOADjoe19
Yep, Brandon (bdog)....it only takes a few people to ruin it for everyone else. Damn idiots. :roll:

Anyway, thanks for telling us that Eddy (Drago). I didn't know that until you showed it. Now I can tell Essence also. She's been wondering too.

Also, I don't think you should adveritse whole-heartedly. Just a smooth advertisment that attracts attention but doesn't scream it. You know? Something suttle, but still inviting. Probably like Eddy said, something in our sigs would do nicely.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 bd0g5
Yeah, I guess we should only put it in sigs.
MissKittyKat21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MissKittyKat21

[QUOTE="MissKittyKat21"]Actually I think this is the Union I am most active in...I think it has something to do with it having fewer members and I know that if I have a question or an issue that it will actually be seen instead of slipping to page 20 of posted topics because there are too many members. I try to get on here every day but sometimes I can't.SOADjoe19

You sound like a proud mother...geez! and i thought you were male.:P