Release Date

• Q4 2007

Websites

• Official Site

Boxart

Story

[spoiler]

Main Premise

God of War: Chains of Olympus covers the 10 years Kratos spent in service to the gods. [/spoiler]

Game Features

• Unknown

Weapons : Alternates/Aquirement : Combat

Blades of Chaos

Icarus Lift (Air)press X

Ascension hold triangle

Hermes Rush?

Orion's Harpoon (from ground to airborne enemy) O *will alternate return?*

?'s Reverse tap L1 *parry*

Plume of Prometheus square, square, triangle

Spirit of Hercules 3x triangle

Valor of Hercules triangle, triangle, square

Apollo's AscensionL1+X

Apollo's Offensive(air) L1+X

Cyclone of Chaos L1+square

Cyclone of Chaos (Air) L1+square

Tartarus Rage L1+triangle

Tartarus Rage (Air) L1+triangle

single enemy, multi hit L1+O *replacement?*

single enemy, cross-swipe(Air) L1+O *replacement?*

Apollo's Ascension returning?

-Swinging? *could be argued that the inclusion is desirable although it would be odd*

-Wall/Ceiling Navigation? *should be returning*

-Sub-Weapons?*supposedly all new*

-Weapon Switching system?

-Urns returning? *no word*

-Arena of the Fates? *no word*

-GoWII or GoW1 collisions?

Spells : Mobility : Functionality

• No known spells

Rage of the? - What can we expect this time? Will there be an orb for it?

Relics/Articfacts:

• Nameless Shield - creates a larger, fiery shield of some sort *could be the Aegis*

Items

Gorgon Eyes: Find 6 to expand Health Bar. *likely unchanged*

Phoenix Feathers: Find 6 to expand Magic Bar. *likely unchanged*

Extra?: No word if such a thing will exist this time around.

Urn of Power?:Unknown if areturn should be expected.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

Bestiary

Old

NOTE: The following pics are meant for appearance reference ONLY

• Athenian Cyclops- unseen *unlikely*
  • Barbarian Mercenary- unseen *unlikely*
  • Beast Lord- unseen
  • Centaur - unseen
  • Cerberus- unseen
  • Cerberus Breeder- unseen
  • Cerberus Seed- unseen
  • Cursed Archer- unseen
  • Cursed Harpy- unseen
  • Cursed Legionnaire- unseen
  • Cursed Remains- unseen
  • Cyclops Berserker- unseen
  • Cyclops Brute- unseen
  • Cyclops Tyrant- unseen
  • Erebus Minotaur- unseen *unlikely*
  • Fates Guardian- unseen *highly unlikely*
  • Fates Juggernaut- unseen *highly unlikely*
  • Fates Sentry- unseen *highly unlikely*
  • Gorgon *NUDITY* - unseen
  • Gorgon Assassin *NUDITY* - unseen
  • Gorgon Queen*NUDITY* - unseen
  • Greek Citizen-Greek Woman- unseen
  • Griffin- unseen *unlikely*
  • Griffin Rider- unseen *unlikely*
  • Hades Arm- unseen *unlikely*
  • Hades Fiend- unseen
  • Hades Harpy- unseen
  • Hades Juggernaut- unseen *unlikely but has a chance*
  • Hades Legionnaire- unseen
  • Hades Minotaur- unseen
  • Hades Nymph- unseen
  • Hammer Minotaur - unseen
  • Harpy- unseen
  • High Priest of the Fates- unseen *highly unlikely*
  • Hydra Boat Captain- unseen *unlikely as more then a cameo without interaction*
  • Legionnaire Captain- unseen
  • Minotaur- unseen
  • Nymph- unseen
  • Pandoran Cyclops - unseen *highly unlikely*
  • Rabid Hound- unseen
  • Raven- unseen *highly unlikely*
  • Rhodes Archer- unseen *unlikely*
  • Rhodes Soldier- unseen *unlikely*
  • Satyr- unseen
  • Satyr Champion- unseen *redisgn?*
  • Siren *NUDITY* - unseen
  • Siren Widow *NUDITY* - unseen
  • Spike Minotaur - unseen
  • Titan Minotaur- unseen
  • Undead Archer- unseen
  • Undead Legionnaire- unseen
  • Undead Shieldman - unseen
  • Wild Boar- unseen
  • Wraith Asphodel- unseen
  • Wraith of Athens- unseen

New

[spoiler]

• Cyclops?
  • Manticore?
  • Persian Archer
  • Persian Soldier
  • Satyr?

[/spoiler]

Bosses

[spoiler]

• Basilisk
    -Starts in a manner similiar to the first Hydra head appearance in GoW1 while suprising many with the devouring of a new Cyclops type
  • Persian General?

[/spoiler]

NOTE: Get MOAR pics of new enemies/bosses

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the-creeper
reserved
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts
Very nice work GMG! I do with there was more information released. :( I hope the next announcment is about the magic and the ROT? that you mentioned. (If there is one at all)
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the-creeper

I too wish there was MOAR info released. Particularly about Relics, Spells and sub-weapons.

~Thanks

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts

nice job and all, but what's with listing all prev creatures?

this thread is kinda early.

the only thing we can talk about is kratos' new mini-shield

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the-creeper

nice job and all, but what's with listing all prev creatures?

this thread is kinda early.

the only thing we can talk about is kratos' new mini-shield

evanescfan

The only thing you say? I've waited quite a few months to make this thread. E3 gave just enough info to start it. For instance:

-We have returning attacks: Tartarus Rage/air (GoWII), Apollo's Ascension/Offensive (GoW), CoC (GoWII)/air (GoW), an 'air Rampage of the Furies' in a ground version/short aerial combo to cross-swipe move, etc. Hermes Rush seems to have been put back in..could Achilles Flip return? Who knows. *HINT: Not us* It would be nice if such a move didn't use the triangle button as we want that for the 'roll triangle' trick.

-We can discuss what kind of spells and weapons we want/think will be in the game, the bosses/monsters we wish to fight/think we will fight, how collisions, difficulty, treasures, etc. will be covered *including whether we'll get an AotF and/or CotG/CotT again*, etc.

-There is plenty to discuss once you sit down and think about it. Who are the benefactors of Kratos if not the gods or Titans this time? Surely they will provide the new source of Kratos' "Rage of the ?".

-As you've said, we can discuss the unnamed shield on Kratos.(which I've gotten a pic of its only known effect in action although it is unknown what it does/is for exactly)

-We can speculate on all sorts of things. Older threads can be revived too. *so that they apply to the new game*

-Older enemies are included as the base ofthe games monster cast.*same as the GoWII CT* When and IF they are seen they will be marked as such. If revised, scraped or otherwise changed we will note it ITT. New enemies are the stars I realize but they are kept under spoiler tags..they are also scarce at the moment. We've seen one boss and amore Kratos-sizedcombatat that could be considered a boss.

-There is A LOT we don'tknow so there is a good deal of room to speculate but notenough info to make truely educated guesses I realize. That changes with time.

~Surely you have sharp enough of a mind and imagination enough to go with this small bit of info and toss some ideas/suggestions out or to just discuss what you think of the little info we do have..just comments on what has been said about the plot or revealed handling of the game. It would have been "too early" if I made it during the time the name was mentioned and a few pics were thrown out. It could have been called that even after the preview revealing the Basilisk was shown. After E3 was have just enough to start saying something on the matter though mostly speculation *which is usually considered good fun*

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts

kekekeke
i knew that'll gimme a good menu to choose from

ok, les start with the benefactors. now the game roughly covers the 10 yrs kratos has been in the service of the gods, amirite? then i'd say they're the benefactors. opinions?

saying that, i'd like to believe a return of the RotG only more enhanced as the RotT.

question is; i wonder which god sent kratos to whereever he is now to protect the land from the persians?

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the-creeper

kekekeke
i knew that'll gimme a good menu to choose from

Such a bum.

ok, les start with the benefactors. now the game roughly covers the 10 yrs kratos has been in the service of the gods, amirite? then i'd say they're the benefactors. opinions?

Incorrect. Watch the GameSpot stage demo. They discuss the matter. Gods nor Titans are the ones giving us powers. We have new benefactors. The game covers an unknown period of time somewhere inside that 10 years crusading for the Olympians. It is vague like that. (Barlog $tyle)

saying that, i'd like to believe a return of the RotG only more enhanced as the RotT.

Believe what you like but we won't likely get RotG as it would contradict our first getting it in GoW1 although it wasn't a plot point. They could but they would do better to merely give us a Rot? using the benefactors name to cover the "?".

question is; i wonder which god sent kratos to whereever he is now to protect the land from the persians?

Athena is Kratos' patron goddess and has been since Ares' betrayal. Most gods don't directly ask anything of Kratos, rather they send messengers or speak indirectly. Even Athena (appearing through statues). Mortals were not meant to gaze upon gods without being killed, blinded, etc. Demi-gods get some protection in this territory..it is possible that Hermes or even the son of Hermes from "Betrayal" could give us the orders but it is more likely we'll see a cloud part, etheral figure form or a statue talk before getting a direct audience with a god in CoO. Only after becoming a god did Kratos see them for what they were...he was not pleased. In CoO we will see Kratos' faith in the gods crumble over time..we already know the falling out he had with them over not erasing his nightmares..then the events of "Betrayal" made him all to comfortable with the idea of slaying other gods if they stood in his way during the conquest of the mortal realm with Sparta.

evanescfan

~MOAR

GameSpot Stage Demo *click on it to view the video in an external window* If you've seen it..review it for a better understanding as I've done at least four times

Avatar image for etrnalconundrum
etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 etrnalconundrum
Member since 2006 • 1527 Posts
I'm surprised you even put time into it when it's so far away. Not that you did it just that you did it with sooo little information.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-creeper

I'm surprised you even put time into it when it's so far away. Not that you did it just that you did it with sooo little information.etrnalconundrum

It's no less information then what I had at the start of GoWII, an was started closer to the release of the title then with GoWII.

~This was something that needed to be addressed sooner rather then later..there WON'T be much more info given away this time around

etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 etrnalconundrum

[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"]I'm surprised you even put time into it when it's so far away. Not that you did it just that you did it with sooo little information.the-creeper

It's no less information then what I had at the start of GoWII, an was started closer to the release of the title then with GoWII.

~This was something that needed to be addressed sooner rather then later..there WON'T be much more info given away this time around

That's for sure. There is no way there going to be as careless as they were last time. he only reason so much got out was that barlog didn't care. It's not up to him on this time around though.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"]I'm surprised you even put time into it when it's so far away. Not that you did it just that you did it with sooo little information.etrnalconundrum

That's for sure. There is no way there going to be as careless as they were last time. he only reason so much got out was that barlog didn't care. It's not up to him on this time around though.

I exploited that carelessness as any good 'man' would. It was for TUGOWU's good and my own entertainment.

~A real shame they are keeping the details more secure then last time..I rather enjoy the leaks, spoilers, etc.

etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 etrnalconundrum
[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"]I'm surprised you even put time into it when it's so far away. Not that you did it just that you did it with sooo little information.the-creeper

I exploited that carelessness as any good 'man' would. It was for TUGOWU's good and my own entertainment.

~A real shame they are keeping the details more secure then last time..I rather enjoy the leaks, spoilers, etc.

Who IS heading the CoO project?

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"][QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"]I'm surprised you even put time into it when it's so far away. Not that you did it just that you did it with sooo little information.etrnalconundrum

You should watch the GameSpot 'Stage Demo' and find out all the lovely details for yourself. The name is a bother to spell/remember.

etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 etrnalconundrum
[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"][QUOTE="the-creeper"][QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

You should watch the GameSpot 'Stage Demo' and find out all the lovely details for yourself. The name is a bother to spell/remember.

I don't care that badly. I was just making idle chit chat.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 fightmastermax
Member since 2008 • 779 Posts
Here's a thread in desperate need for updating...and release is so soon.
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fightmastermax

Things to note by myself and others from the demo:

-standing on foes heads

-using breakable objects to attack from/off of

-GoW1 swimming

-new roll type still quick rolls

-Efreet has a cool kill animation and hits in 2 different ways (beast fiest and fiery impact)

-Specials include; Apollo's Ascension/Offensive, Cyclone of Chaos (GoWII)/air version (GoW1), Hyperion's Charge/Rush

NOTE: 'Charge' to AA is essentially just 'Hyperion's Rise'. I didn't like GoWII's Hyperion Charge/Rush/Rise. Charge (the whip) was too weak for a nearly stunless attack that didn't cause knockbacks. This new one appears weaker BUT has causes knockbacks on all 'Grunt' class foes while working better into the overall BoC reportoire.

Ex: "Spirit" to 'Charge - Ex2: 'Charge' to CoC

NOTE2: 'Charge' allows exploiting of balance beams for speedrun purposes..I was able to DASH across instead of 'balance' so the Basilisk fireball didn't get to me in-time.

-OH worries me a little

-Collisions have yet to be apparent

-While using AA into an air grab, I saw I'd used Icarus Lift 'on-high'...it appears we can High Jump after air grabs

NOTE: On 3 occasions I did 2 extra Icarus Lifts after the launch. Sadly there weren't any ledge grabs in the demo and I couldn't find any walls to clear in the time I had with the demo (for the second time)

-While screwing around with this High Jump variation in a corner, I saw a foe sent over the invisible wall in a 'Spike' like fashion due to my High Jump's Icarus Lift..even killed a few guys directly with the jump...I theorize the game thinks we are doing another air grab's worth of damage...can't explain the throw back to Homeruns *repeated with launches in another instance but needs LOTS more testing since I didn't pin it down*

-roll into t1 (GoW1) has returned so the lvl3 Blades can do a roll into a FAST usage of t,t,t (Spirit of Hercules)

-I have high hopes for exploiting

-When "O" appears on the Persian King, "Spirit" will restart his stun and unload orbs. I was able to score 800 hits on the guy before screwing up.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts
Impressive, you got a lot out of this demo it seems. Not all of it means a lot to me, but very nice work indeed.
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fightmastermax

Impressive, you got a lot out of this demo it seems. Not all of it means a lot to me, but very nice work indeed.Snake4eva_92

Oh you...

I trust you can at least appreciate the return of Homerun in one form or another.

~Any of the more combat/exploit oriented players lurking?

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Snake4eva_92
Yeah, I know what Homeruns are, I have never used one though. It was a good read anyway.
MistryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MistryMan
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

-standing on foes heads

-GoW1 swimming

I expected quick rolling to be intact. Same with the swim glitch.

-Efreet has a cool kill animation and hits in 2 different ways (beast fiest and fiery impact)

-Specials include; Apollo's Ascension/Offensive, Cyclone of Chaos (GoWII)/air version (GoW1), Hyperion's Charge/Rush

NOTE: 'Charge' to AA is essentially just 'Hyperion's Rise'. I didn't like GoWII's Hyperion Charge/Rush/Rise. Charge (the whip) was too weak for a nearly stunless attack that didn't cause knockbacks. This new one appears weaker BUT has causes knockbacks on all 'Grunt' class foes while working better into the overall BoC reportoire.

Hyperion's charge now causes knockbacks... that turns an almost useless move into one that sounds like great fun.

NOTE2: 'Charge' allows exploiting of balance beams for speedrun purposes..I was able to DASH across instead of 'balance' so the Basilisk fireball didn't get to me in-time.

-OH worries me a little

What's the deal with OH (also alt. OH) and collisions?

-While using AA into an air grab, I saw I'd used Icarus Lift 'on-high'...it appears we can High Jump after air grabs

NOTE: On 3 occasions I did 2 extra Icarus Lifts after the launch. Sadly there weren't any ledge grabs in the demo and I couldn't find any walls to clear in the time I had with the demo (for the second time)

-While screwing around with this High Jump variation in a corner, I saw a foe sent over the invisible wall in a 'Spike' like fashion due to my High Jump's Icarus Lift..even killed a few guys directly with the jump...I theorize the game thinks we are doing another air grab's worth of damage...can't explain the throw back to Homeruns *repeated with launches in another instance but needs LOTS more testing since I didn't pin it down*

Interesting to see a variation of homerun in there too, I'd like to hear more about that.

-roll into t1 (GoW1) has returned so the lvl3 Blades can do a roll into a FAST usage of t,t,t (Spirit of Hercules)

Roll to triangle is also great news.

:)

-When "O" appears on the Persian King, "Spirit" will restart his stun and unload orbs. I was able to score 800 hits on the guy before screwing up.

fightmastermax

This info is great news. I watched Brian Crecente's live broadcast on Kotaku and the game looks fantastic. Just a shame that I find the PSP so uncomfortable to use.

I started playing GoWII (and reading the forums) again, continuing on from the speedrun I started earlier. Last save was at the divine pools and I can probably continue later this week. The wild boars at destiny's atrium are always a pain to deal with...

I have a lot of GoW reading/watching to catch up on too. Interesting to see the community shift between games with new waves of exploits.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fightmastermax
[QUOTE="fightmastermax"]

-standing on foes heads

-GoW1 swimming

I expected quick rolling to be intact. Same with the swim glitch.

We will find out about the latter in due time. They've reduced the variety of 'adventure' (platforming/navigation) options greatly from what I hear. Luckily swimming and climbing appear to be intact so the typical exploits should still work.

Hyperion's charge now causes knockbacks... that turns an almost useless move into one that sounds like great fun.

Quite right. Even IF it stays weak and knockbacks don't have collisions (as there has yet to be any evidence of collisions being a part of the CoO system), it will be a very effective attack against grunt/pest type foes..especially when you just want to foucs on a target with Spirit but grunts want to get in the way...just follow up the Spirit with 'Charge'. It is nice to have the roll to t1, 'quick starter' back for lvl3+ Blades abuse

-OH worries me a little

What's the deal with OH (also alt. OH) and collisions?

As in why they are different? Likely memory issues..don't know why they didn't just restor GoW1's OH (controlable) at the very least..would it have been too much to leave collisions intact?..They were freaking sweet in GoWII.

NOTE: Can't wait to find out what sort of costumes we get (not likley going to be more then 4 total). Here's to hoping for Blue Kratos...which won't happen...and Captain Kratos is likely being saved for GoWIII. Surely they'll do the typical 200% everything costume but I really just want a 50% or lower costume..we have Bonus Play and Challenge of Hades (CoH) as playable extras.

Interesting to see a variation of homerun in there too, I'd like to hear more about that.

Not a whole lot else to say. The single sub-weapon of the game is the 'Gauntlet of Zeus' which I hope has Artemis' treatment in regards to Ascension effects/greatness.

Roll to triangle is also great news.

Very good news. We only had lvl3 in the demo so I can't say whether or not Achilles' Flip has returned but the odds are against it.

:)

:3

MistryMan

This info is great news. I watched Brian Crecente's live broadcast on Kotaku and the game looks fantastic. Just a shame that I find the PSP so uncomfortable to use.

That's finally up is it? I'll have to check that out. 1UP, IGN and GamePro have reviews up. The only video review I've seen is IGN's. I hope others get to it soon. The footage shown in the video reviews is bound to show a bunch of new ****. They should NOT have held out on us like they did. Granted they wanted to keep the story details hidden..but seriously..how are they were they going to get feedback (worthwhile) if we are in the dark by and large?

I started playing GoWII (and reading the forums) again, continuing on from the speedrun I started earlier. Last save was at the divine pools and I can probably continue later this week. The wild boars at destiny's atrium are always a pain to deal with...

I have a lot of GoW reading/watching to catch up on too. Interesting to see the community shift between games with new waves of exploits.

Basically just GoW1 stuff really. Not a lot going on in GoWII since I shifted focus during GoW1 damage value testing ('draft 1' is done). I doubt the shift will be as strong as it was last time to be honest. Been a while since I've heard from you or about your speedrun. Boars suck..except when you are netting UBER collisions with their corpses of course.

MistryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MistryMan
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

As in why they are different? Likely memory issues..don't know why they didn't just restor GoW1's OH (controlable) at the very least..would it have been too much to leave collisions intact?..They were freaking sweet in GoWII.

Possibly due to memory issues. Were collisions totally existant when you were playing - even knockbacks?

NOTE: Can't wait to find out what sort of costumes we get (not likley going to be more then 4 total). Here's to hoping for Blue Kratos...which won't happen...and Captain Kratos is likely being saved for GoWIII. Surely they'll do the typical 200% everything costume but I really just want a 50% or lower costume..we have Bonus Play and Challenge of Hades (CoH) as playable extras.

I'm generally not bothered with costumes. General Kratos is the only one I gave any real attention to and I do hope there is some equivalent.

Not a whole lot else to say. The single sub-weapon of the game is the 'Gauntlet of Zeus' which I hope has Artemis' treatment in regards to Ascension effects/greatness.

The short clips that I've seen look amazing, can't wait to see how it plays.

That's finally up is it? I'll have to check that out. 1UP, IGN and GamePro have reviews up. The only video review I've seen is IGN's. I hope others get to it soon. The footage shown in the video reviews is bound to show a bunch of new ****. They should NOT have held out on us like they did. Granted they wanted to keep the story details hidden..but seriously..how are they were they going to get feedback (worthwhile) if we are in the dark by and large?

I think that they revealed a little too much with GoWII before its release so I can understand if they are trying to hold back a lot of the great moments.

Basically just GoW1 stuff really. Not a lot going on in GoWII since I shifted focus during GoW1 damage value testing ('draft 1' is done). I doubt the shift will be as strong as it was last time to be honest. Been a while since I've heard from you or about your speedrun. Boars suck..except when you are netting UBER collisions with their corpses of course.

Your damage numbers are great. Particularly the relative damage values of each blade attack.

For a speedrun my progress is incredibly slow (lol). I am rarely able to play for extended amounts of time these days. I am about 2 mins 30 faster than shen at my current save just through skipping a few chests and some subtle tweaks in strategy. But it will all kick off at Euryale.

fightmastermax
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fightmastermax
[QUOTE="fightmastermax"]

Possibly due to memory issues. Were collisions totally existant when you were playing - even knockbacks?

No form of collision was available in what I saw. There weren't even throws that allowed it. There were still instant kill scenarios obviously but not collisions.

I'm generally not bothered with costumes. General Kratos is the only one I gave any real attention to and I do hope there is some equivalent.

I share this hope for a 'challenge' increasing costume. I wonder if the infamous 'protection' mission will be included in CoO

The short clips that I've seen look amazing, can't wait to see how it plays.

You and me both.

I think that they revealed a little too much with GoWII before its release so I can understand if they are trying to hold back a lot of the great moments.

I preferred it that way.

Your damage numbers are great. Particularly the relative damage values of each blade attack.

For a speedrun my progress is incredibly slow (lol). I am rarely able to play for extended amounts of time these days. I am about 2 mins 30 faster than shen at my current save just through skipping a few chests and some subtle tweaks in strategy. But it will all kick off at Euryale.

Glad you like the values.

As is my progress in the SoD FAQ updates. Should be interesting to see new vids.

MistryMan

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AuthItalynGyrl
Member since 2007 • 553 Posts

Have you heard about the new "bundle" coming out for this? (or am I all types of late as usual? lololol)

Red PSP with Kratos silk screened on the back.. I think I might just have to break down and get the PSP just cuz its RED.. :lol: not to mention, its a limited GoW edition.. Plus the play factor of the game.. WHooT!...

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fightmastermax

Have you heard about the new "bundle" coming out for this? (or am I all types of late as usual? lololol)

Red PSP with Kratos silk screened on the back.. I think I might just have to break down and get the PSP just cuz its RED.. :lol: not to mention, its a limited GoW edition.. Plus the play factor of the game.. WHooT!...

AuthItalynGyrl

I'd still rather have that custom GoW PSP..it was rediculously awesome. I lol'd when X-Play listed "Triton's Lance" as a weapon. What were they thinking? I just bet they considered it a safe bet for 5 stars and showed clips of things happening so they wouldn't have to give a real review. They did the same thing with GoWII. After GoW1, they just keep assuming 5 star quality with the series (safe bet)..too bad they don't do full reviews on 'teh EPIC'.

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AuthItalynGyrl
[QUOTE="AuthItalynGyrl"]

fightmastermax

I'd still rather have that custom GoW PSP..it was rediculously awesome. I lol'd when X-Play listed "Triton's Lance" as a weapon. What were they thinking? I just bet they considered it a safe bet for 5 stars and showed clips of things happening so they wouldn't have to give a real review. They did the same thing with GoWII. After GoW1, they just keep assuming 5 star quality with the series (safe bet)..too bad they don't do full reviews on 'teh EPIC'.

I did see that custom one, it is has the awesomeness... I dont play PS games often, so I cant see spending the money for a custom one that id only really play GoW on.. *shrug* at least with the bundle Id get the red Psp and GoW:CoO for around the price of a reg psp...

X-Play? wuts that? a website of more gaming goodness

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AuthItalynGyrl

Here is the article about the PSP GoW Bundle.. if anyone is interested in reading it:

Sony PSP/GoW:CoO Bundle

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snake4eva_92
X-Play is a gaming show, I'm not sure whether it's on a website or on TV, as I've never actually watched it aside from a few things I was interested in on Youtube.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
X-Play is on G4TechTV. It is pretty good, although I kind of preferred it the old way, with a lot of humor, and not trying to cram EVERYTHING they possibly can into 30 minutes, which means lower quality for what they show in my opinion, oh well. Adam is still funny and insightful, and Morgan is still funny and hot.
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fightmastermax

Snake: It is on both the internet and TV. They aren't very good but they can be funny. Lately they've been a little too serious for my taste.

Alucard: I agree with every word along the paragraph you wrote.

AIG: I wouldn't want to spend a lot for a custom version of the PSP but I would love to have it..of course I'd be VERY careful about every taking it anywhere as the shadey people could try and take it while I wasn't on guard. Though portable..it would likely stay at home a good deal of the time anyway.

SUPER EDIT

as I recall things...

weapons

[spoiler]

Blades of Chaos - attacks

-Apollo's Ascension *works into Hyperion's Charge like GoWII's 'Hyperion's Rise'*

(air) Apollo's Offesnive (L1+X)

-Cyclone of Chaos *GoWII version*

(air) CoC *GoW1 version* (L1+square)

-Hyperion's Charge (hold square) *caused a knockback on grunts in demo and worked well into other attacks*

-Hyperion's Rush (after HC, press square)

-Tartarus Rage *GoWII version*

(air) Tartarus Rage *edited GoWII version* (L1+triangle?)

-Achilles' Flip? *edited* (roll to X)

-? *fasting hitting attack like 'Rampage of the Furies'*

(air) ? (L1+circle?)

Gauntlet of Zeus - attacks *armor breaking, wall shattering, chargable action*

lvl1 ?

lvl2 Olympic Strike - straight punch *stun* to haymaker? *knockback*

(air) Olympic Strike - Hermes Stomp-like attack? (L1+square)

lvl2 (roll) Hermes Cross (hold square)

lvl2 (roll) Hermes Revenge (hold triangle)

Olympic Thunder? - groups of small foes?

(air) Olympic Thunder? (L1+triangle)

Lighting Thrash? - large foes?

(air) Lightning Thrash? (L1+circle)

[/spoiler]

spells

[spoiler]

Efreet - gains mash ability for those in hit radius (R+circle?)

Light of Dawn *basically Zeus Fury* - looks fairly strong against pests and grunts (R+square)

Charon's Wrath *paralyzes foes* - cloud that nets lots of hits, stuns grunts/pests and while racking up damage. (R+triangle?)

[/spoiler]

relics

[spoiler]

Sun Shield *basically Golden Fleece* - Needs Primordial Fire before it can return projectiles. Hold L and mash "O" to fire a beam of light?

Triton's Lance *basically Poseidon's Trident*

No "Rage of the ___"

[/spoiler]

beasts

[spoiler]

NOTE: Basically every creature is 'new' while being rehashes of old creatures. I will reuse old names while dubbing here and there.

Cyclops Berserker *neckbrace*

Cyclops Tyrant

Cyclops Enforcer *Tyrant with breakable armor*

Harpy

'True Harpy' *feathers*

Darkness Harpy?

Gorgon

Darkness Gorgon/Banshee - like a Gorgon who has a 'Widow shriek' in place of 'Stare'

Persian Soldier

Persian Archer

Undead Legionnaire

Undead Archer

Darkness Legionnaire

Darkness Archer

Magic Legionnaire *shields*

Darkness Beast/Sphinx? - like a Cerberus. Breath wave is unblockable.

Satyr Grunt - Use weapons like that of Soul Calibur's "Voldo"

Satyr Fiend - throws balls of fire that ignite the ground for a bit

Helian Legionnaire - Resistant to ground grabs?

Minotaur - Unblockable swings. Charge attack with big knockback.

Abyss? *shield*

Darkness Abyss? - like a Wraith mixed with a Juggernaut

[/spoiler]

bosses

[spoiler]

Basilisk - like Hydra 1 encounter

Persian King - easy fight with a few Persians assisting the King.

Basilisk2

Stage1 : Phase 1 - Push back with hits until on the wall.

Stage1 : Phase 2 - "O" appers on its foot but fireballs will be fired upon you while you try to reach it.

Stage 2 : Phase 1 - Repeat. Kratos gets grabbed.

Stage 2 : Phase 2 - Repeat.

Stage 3 : Phase 1 - Beat down until "O" appears on its head before a wave of fire.

Charon the Ferrymen - old guy with scythe plus lots of green fire. Uses triple bolts or triple swings. At 50% HP he will instant kill you.

Charon2 - His leap to his regenerative perch can be stopped now

Stage 1 - Basically Charon1. You can now reflect his projectiles and use GoZ to destroy whichever pillar he is regenerating on

Stage 2 - He now uses "Charon's Wrath".

Stage 3 - Stops using his spell. Now uses warps into Scythe smashes. After two, a large one is used that you need to leap over. *opening* Reflecting his 'bolts' nets health orbs.

Stage 4 - He'll go air born and rain down 'bolts' which need to be reflected in order to bring him down for the final mini-game

NOTE: Test Light of Dawn's effects on this boss

Persephone - Winged goddess..as the final boss?..It's more likely then you think

Stage 1 - Charges, strikes and tosses of rock segments. You get a magic refill at the end.

Stage 2 - mini-game for full heal.

Stage 3 - She keeps here distance here. She uses a green bolt, a slow, green wave along the floor and tracking, green pillars that try to ensare you. Reflect the bolt to knock her down. Later she begins reflecting backing at you. Later, stand in the golden circle and fire sunlight at her until the prompt disappers. Go for the "O".

[/spoiler]

Difficulties

Easy (Mortal)

Normal (Hero)

Hard (Spartan)

Very Hard (God)

Challenge of Hades (5)

[spoiler]

Challenge 1: Title: Fiery Fate. Requirement:"Burn 50 Soldiers with the Efreet. They all must die by Fire!" They're Persian Soldiers, and occasionally a cyclops will spawn. There are Magic Chests in the room. Soldiers(and maybe Cyclops) drop blue orbs after death(at least by fire).

Challenge 2: Title: Perfection. Requirement:"Kill 20 Fire Guards without being hit." These are the guys that have a charge attack that is "unblockable"(you can still parry it). I suggest Guantlet of Zeus, because a charged hit will stun them, even out of a charging attack. You get no magic.

Challenge 3: Title: Life is Short. Requirement:"You are losing health rapidly. Kill all your enemies to survive." First a Large minotaur. Then Fire Guards(don't quote me on this) and harpies. There are 6 humans chained to the wall that you can kill for green orbs.

Challenge 4: Title: Crunch Time. Requirement:"Break all of the objects before time runs out." Automatically start with Guantlet of Zeus. Efreet magic will break objects. Includes a large, hard to break Hades statue, and about 8-10 Gorgon head wall statues that can fire freeze lazer(slow continuous, not instant stone).

Challenge 5: Title: Epic Brawl. Requirement:"Kill all your enemies." A number of waves, usually either fire guards, harpies, or gorgons(likely a mixture), an occasional Big Guard(don't know what it is called, but it's an armored body of flame with a shield and a mace.), and occasional cyclops(can appear in twos). There is a health chest and a magic chest.

Info provided by Alucard_rules. Will be updated later.

[/spoiler]

Bonus Play

*no AotF or Urns sadly*

Costumes (3?)

[spoiler]

Spud of War

McKratos *Scottish w/ stone hammers*

Mime of War *invisible weapons*

[/spoiler]

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

Snake: It is on both the internet and TV. They aren't very good but they can be funny. Lately they've been a little too serious for my taste.

AIG: I wouldn't want to spend a lot for a custom version of the PSP but I would love to have it..of course I'd be VERY careful about every taking it anywhere as the shadey people could try and take it while I wasn't on guard. Though portable..it would likely stay at home a good deal of the time anyway.

fightmastermax

First of all, thanks. Second, I guess it is a good thing that my PSP is kind of ****ty now, beat up, scratched, triggers stick sometimes, because noone will want to take it, lol. I just hope it won't affect my playtime with CoO. I'd really like that red custom PSP, but I've already pre-ordered CoO, I'm not willing to wait until June to play it, and I don't have a job currently, so I couldn't afford a brand new PSP, no matter how awesome it is.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fightmastermax
I've updated the post above. Check it out.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snake4eva_92

I may check it out, it didn't seem too bad on Youtube, I don't mind if it's a little too serious really.

McKratos *Scottish w/ stone hammers*

Lol, seriously? That's amusing.

fightmastermax

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fightmastermax
They apparently didn't bother with any serious outfits this time around..how sad. I hope they at least chose one to give terrible stats too...preferably McKratos as 'Spud' and 'Mime' are too hard to take seriously by the sound of it.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Snake4eva_92
Spud, that must be a potato suit then. Cod of War was better, is this being made by the same team as GoWI/II though?
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fightmastermax

I don't like these joke outfits...

~No, this is Ready at Dawn emulating Sony Santa Monica

NOTE: I've been working with the BoO/SoD on Zeus and have been doing quite well with advancing my ever-improving tactics/handling. BoO's DR does 15 so just one will recoil Zeus. I still don't fully understand how to net the double recoil (two "O" Widows in a row counting as both a set-up for an attack and a whole registered recoil of three needed). The SoD's triangle ender is STILL the only attack I know that can cause the recoiling of his initial summon *needs RotT on*..allowing a high chance *can't guarantee it still* that he will attack the center as if I had used a Widow already. To further conserve magic with the SoD strat, I use a single Wind Shot and an air PS to his face or even a knockback collision using a Widow *hard to set-up*.

I was just working on Stage 2 when I tried a way to get back to back usage of PS and was able to get 28 of the needed 40 in a row. BoO's DR allows for easy back to back hits but doing this with PS has been a difficult task to get good at. Once I see a loop, I go for it. If I get good enough with the trap and timing, I could possibly get 40 PS in a row..the fight will be less interesting but will show a new way to annihilate that Stage at least. I'll likely have to use old tactics eventually as I don't see a 40 PS streak occuring while recording..that would be too perfect considering how nervous I get when recording/playing for others to see.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Snake4eva_92

The same happens with me, I seem to play worse when recording, and you're good at this game, the games I recorded, well, I'm good, but I could be better.

Which is why a capture card would be easier, as you have the possiblity of forgetting you're being recorded, since there's not a big camera pointing at the TV.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 addaminsain
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts

The same happens with me, I seem to play worse when recording, and you're good at this game, the games I recorded, well, I'm good, but I could be better.

Which is why a capture card would be easier, as you have the possiblity of forgetting you're being recorded, since there's not a big camera pointing at the TV.

Snake4eva_92

I tend to go a bit "Crystal Maze" (from an old TV show, where people often lost the ability to perform simple tasks just because they were against the clock) when I know I am recording too.

I do my recording with a DVD recorder (I know not everyone has one) and just leave it running while I play. I stop when I have done a "good" run and transfer it to the computer.

I bought one of those fancy PS2 leads that has SCART (which goes to the TV), Svideo and three phono plugs which I stick into the DVD recorder. My rather longwinded (and off topic) point is perhaps if you have a digital camera that accepts phono (RCA?) plugs then you could do something similar so you do not have to aim the camera, stand it in front of you and be aware thet it is recording you. Unless cameras only "send" through those plugs and not "receive"

Steering this masterfully back on topic do we have a confirmed UK release date for CoO? I can't wait to buy it. Avast.

Cyclops says ooooh :idea:

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Snake4eva_92

Ah, Crystal Maze? I remember that show. I have a DVD player downstairs, I'll look into it to find out if it can record though. If not I'll just have to stick with my Eyetoy.

You're from the UK too? Small world...well, not really.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 addaminsain

Small world? In some ways yes, but I wouldnt want to try and fit it in my pocket.

oooh :idea:

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fightmastermax

I've again updated the above 'list' post after viewing GT's REVIEW. Lots of interesting clips. Could be that the Gauntlet of Zeus (GoZ) will get 5 levels *uncertain* and an air special for each face button..that would be a first. It is shown that it gets 'evade' (see: roll) attacks and I had already seen Achilles Flip (lvl4 BoC I'd guess) for the Blades in a vid...so this should prove to be an interesting weapon to master..especially in Bonus Play.

I've yet to see any foes effected by the stare of Gorgons. We don't have a 'head' to use in that regard either so no petrifcation spell for CoO. Guess GoWIII will be getting 'Stheno's Head' afterall. The final Gorgon sister.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fightmastermax

I've added SPOILER tags throughout the newest post listing various details. I believe that when I have Officer power again, I will definately be able to update as I had previously NOT been able to due to this little detail I lacked.

~Onward

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AuthItalynGyrl

FMM - did you read the article from Game informer?

They rated CoO a 9 and made it handheld of the month... pretty good review

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fightmastermax

AuthItalynGyrl

Of course. I've seen quite a few reviews. GS is all that remains concerning the typical sites I check on.

~Took way too long for that GI issue to arrive but it was a decent one...I'll grant that. The Aliens game and CoO review provided entertainment enough..

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AuthItalynGyrl
[QUOTE="AuthItalynGyrl"]

fightmastermax

Of course. I've seen quite a few reviews. GS is all that remains concerning the typical sites I check on.

~Took way too long for that GI issue to arrive but it was a decent one...I'll grant that. The Aliens game and CoO review provided entertainment enough..

continuing this convo in the OT thread...

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
~Wow, this is doing unexpectedly well. I knew it would be good of course, but it's getting lots of "editor's choice" and 9+ ratings. ****... do I have to get a PSP now? I would appreciate it if someone who gets this game would tell me how essential it is to the storyline without giving any spoilers. I know it's going to be important to the God of War universe of course, but I mean if you get the impression it's going to be needed to understand GoWIII.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 addaminsain

~Wow, this is doing unexpectedly well. I knew it would be good of course, but it's getting lots of "editor's choice" and 9+ ratings. ****... do I have to get a PSP now? I would appreciate it if someone who gets this game would tell me how essential it is to the storyline without giving any spoilers. I know it's going to be important to the God of War universe of course, but I mean if you get the impression it's going to be needed to understand GoWIII. InfernoPirate

To save you the expense of buying a PSP I will let you just buy the game and mail/post it to me. I will then play the game on my PSP on your behalf and let you know how good it is.

Although I will probably lie and say it is so rubbish that you wouldn't want it back :)

What do you mean "No thanks" ?

You can't say I didn't offer.

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AuthItalynGyrl

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]~Wow, this is doing unexpectedly well. I knew it would be good of course, but it's getting lots of "editor's choice" and 9+ ratings. ****... do I have to get a PSP now? I would appreciate it if someone who gets this game would tell me how essential it is to the storyline without giving any spoilers. I know it's going to be important to the God of War universe of course, but I mean if you get the impression it's going to be needed to understand GoWIII. addaminsain

To save you the expense of buying a PSP I will let you just buy the game and mail/post it to me. I will then play the game on my PSP on your behalf and let you know how good it is.

Although I will probably lie and say it is so rubbish that you wouldn't want it back :)

What do you mean "No thanks" ?

You can't say I didn't offer.

:lol: ^_^ :lol: