optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#201 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts

is dieing a bunch of times to boost my health.

MrCycleCancel

You can do that?

elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 elon005
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
Just keep Restarting from Checkpoint after dying.
01_855403

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 01_855403
Member since 2006 • 1004 Posts
Well i used to have gameshark and actionreplay for ps2 and they included GOW games but i gave them to my friend becuase when i use cheating i will hate the story of any game and the gameplay becomes boring not challenging because i have tried it once in Warcraft 3 but then i started hating the game and did not catch the story alot but now i have finiched both without the help of cheats and i have figured things out.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 optiow

Just keep Restarting from Checkpoint after dying. elon005

But how does that increase your health?

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 rininganboy
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
It just does. Like how randomly pulling out a bow in the middle of a fight and not using it can make you momentarily invincible-it don't have to make sense.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 optiow

But where do you do it?

can I do it?

MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 MrCycleCancel
Member since 2008 • 1869 Posts
Any time you die you get a little more HP. Most noticable at the Arms of Hades.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 optiow

Really?!

So fi I keep diying, then I will get more HP?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts
Thus I restart whore so I don't die and gain no HP. To punish my own failures and speed up the chance for retribution.
the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 the_requiem
Member since 2005 • 5954 Posts

Are people still up for discussing GoWIII? I don't see GoWIII thread and this one sounds more like 'persuade guy to do TM run' thread.

MrSK: So could Furies be the God/Titan of GoWIII [Rage of the Furies, Challenge of the Furies]???  And is it just me or Picture on Page9, just under GoWII Hades look like Boss Fight version of Hades? 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 MrStarkiller

I like to think any thread can be a 'persuade to cease casualin' thread.

Furies wouldn't follow the proper logic as they are not beyond God/Titan. The name has a ring to it nontheless. If anything, they would hate Kratos just as gods and titans do. I haven't looked but I suppose you're referring to the large creature with Kratos in the dark. I was thinking more along the lines of Primordial Cyclops but it's hard to tell as is honestly. If another picture...well..I'll just be finishing up a few rounds before restarting/debugging.

~FEELS GOOD

juggalotus53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 juggalotus53
Member since 2004 • 738 Posts
sweet
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 MrStarkiller

Your one word posts.....

~Feel free to introduce yourself properly. Read the rules carefully..

Mr-Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#214 Mr-Lucifer
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts

Posting to stay ahead of Kuro.

Quantity>Quality, mirite Optiow?

Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 Kuro-sama
Member since 2008 • 2975 Posts

I was unaware that our post numbers were even close (I thought I was farther behind).

Interesting. 

Mr-Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#216 Mr-Lucifer
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts
Not really.
elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 elon005

http://www.vandal.net/foro/49/520163/post-oficial-god-of-war-3-actualizado-v2/32/

New Pictures

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
Nice find, most of those are old, but the ones that aren't are very good.
Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Kuro-sama
I happen to live in America. Your link offends me.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 MrStarkiller

I"d already seen all of those via scans. It's nice that they are isolated and have good quality there though.

~Thanks

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 the_requiem
Nice. All the combat pics seem to be from 3 different locales/fights. First pic reminds somewhat of Athens from GOW and the grayish hued ones of COO after Morpheus started to take over.
elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 elon005
God of War 3 - E3 Demo Trailer 2009

SICK.
Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Kuro-sama

I suppose. It would be nice if they showed some more advanced tactics, but he's certainly not the worst demo-player we've ever seen. 

I like the bit towards the end where he shoots the Cestus out to the sides and brings it in for a sort of altered PoP.

Also Chimera CS kill is awesome.

~It looks great so far, but in my opinion it seems like it still has a lot to do. Looked very... contrived to me. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 MrStarkiller

I'll give a proper review of the 'short' demo soon enough. For another look, there is a short GS video of another player's handling. I'd like to see an HD FULL COVERAGE of said demo rather then it being cut short..preferably by a player who doesn't dick around (respects to his viewers).

~I can note off quite a few things based just one the new pics, video(s), etc. though the locale is one we were already told about in detail. Anybody up for a classic discussion approach to new info?

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 the_requiem

Gamespot has just uploaded the full demo, though it isn't HD... yet. I'll be up for discussion seeing it will be a while before I get time to get back to playing and finishing Zeus, though not actually aware what the 'classic approach' is. I have a few questions already which I believe you might be able to answer based on your experience with previous demos.

EDIT: Some new vids [all with HD]

Demo Gameplay

Killing Helios

The killing helios vid includes the previously shown Cyclops riding, only this time Kratos tries to Plume the shields only to find it does no damage [guess he needs Cestus to break them]. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 MrStarkiller
Req: Whenever you're ready. If you like, I can lead off. There's a short trip I need to make first. I've seen a lot of different handlings of the demo but only a single one that went close to the end (that one). Stupid that stage demoes are no longer available for download...what a crock of ****. At this point, I can fairly easily review the bulk of it and discuss what I've seen with you.
the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 the_requiem

MrSK: Lead the way (: Won't be able to reply back and forth [like a chat] with work keeping me very busy, but should be online [as I work] most of the time.

One move that caught my attention with blades was a sort of quick plume. I think twice I saw Kratos use the Plume ender as the starting/solo move. The point where shielded guys gang up to protect Helios, you can see Kratos do a s,s stops [backs off?] and then fires a plume ender. Am downloading vids so can point out specific times.

The Fire Bow... Kratos fires both a charged shot [in the first demo, at Undead] and uncharged one [Harpies]. Can even notice the varying magic usage [Yellow Bar this time, notice space for another bar between Green and Yellow?]. Is it confirmed that this is sometime into the game, not starting? Do demos normally showcase footage from this far into game? The opening screen looks like it would be the playable demo available for download sometime down the line.

Okay, gotta get back to work [yeah, even at this time... across timezones, as I said]. 

Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Kuro-sama

I definitely saw a Tartarus RAAAAAAAAAGE in the IGN video.

Hells yeses. 

ALSO: Did I spy Athena's Wrath possibly being... useful? 

ALSOALSO: At 6:58- that's definitely a shout-out to you and Shinobier. Good job.  

ALSOALSOALSO: Icarus Lift- DO NOT WANT 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 MrStarkiller

Strangely, Tartarus Rage could possibly find itself being overpowered like in CoO all over again (I base this on the GT developer walkthrough).

1. Not at all.

2. There were many players he could be referring to. Those listed would certainly not be farfetched. Especially the latter given the presence of his account. Though with myself...there are other areas I've become well known (by on title or another) in. It would have been nice to get a namedrop...or better yet, have Stig say he's rewarding this 'service' with "Blue Kratos". That would be just swell.

3. Misgivings about the navigational segment(s) I take it. Understandable.

~Have you looked over the review I've given thus far?

Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Kuro-sama
Yes, I don't recall if I had any particular comments.
the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 the_requiem
Noticed something in the GT gameplay demo. when Kratos goes for the Chimera Lion phase CS kill, he doesn't put away the Cestus. It looks like he just goes for grab and the cestus go out. Unless he de-equipped Cestus really quickly.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 MrStarkiller

After a Q&A or two and viewing a few extra videos, I've got a few updates added to the last (large) post.

EDIT

Note off possible cheap tactics

Ex: Fire Bow stun abuse, retical revealing foes, arrows sticking, etc.

Cover foe attacks as seen in demo

Add-in that Plume failed to break Phalanx. Cestus attacks could. Spirit, Taratrus Rage, etc. not shown to fail/succeed. Fire Bow also not shown against them. It's charged attack needs further notation about delays, ignite conditions, etc.

AgentSmith30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 AgentSmith30
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts
God of War III is looking really good, I wonder what the whole idea of that Titan attacking Kratos was all about after flying up the shaft successfully.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 MrStarkiller

Could have been a mistake, could be a chance oppertunity to take out Kratos, a personal thing, a whim, etc. Hard to say what Perses was thinking exactly (if at all).

~Your thoughts on the "notes" I've given above...what would they be? Have anything to say about the alterations to combat/weapons, new additions, mechanics, etc.?

AgentSmith30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 AgentSmith30
In terms of combat, I think they should take anything away from it, but only to add to it.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 MrStarkiller

Just "add" to it you say? Perhaps we should explore what that means for a clearer picture.

~You game?

AgentSmith30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 AgentSmith30
Sure am.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MrStarkiller

Then by all means.

~The floor is yours...

AgentSmith30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 AgentSmith30
What would you like me to say?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 MrStarkiller

First, we could go title by title concerning what is there (combat/navigation *spells, relics, weapons; mechanics like collisions, i-frames, grabs, etc.*). Then speak of the act of adding to what is there. Not everything that was, doesn't need fixing/upgrading.

~GoW1 first. Have at thee

AgentSmith30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 AgentSmith30

God of War I

Spells

Rage of Poseidon - Electric Field, allowing you to fry enemeies with bolts of Lightning - You obtained this spell by Right before facing the Big Hydra on the Aegean Sea.

Medusa's Gaze - You obtained this by ripping the head off of Medusa and allows you to turn your enemies into stone.

Zues' Lightning Bolts - A ranged weapons which allows you to fire shots of Lightning at enemies that are far away.

Army of Hades - A spell you obtain during the Challenge of Hades and it allows you to use army of undead to help you in battle.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 MrStarkiller

...You've missed the point. What you've given was a very general idea of what the spells are and where.

~Starting with GoW1 spells is a fine place...but I was looking for your thoughts on them....their cost, abilities, effeciveness, etc. (level by level if you wish) Then weapons, relics, etc. Perhaps mechanics (rage, colliisons, grabs/OH, etc.) in a seperate post. Pros/Cons. Weaknesses/Strengthes. Your thoughts...your understanding on these things. Varifying where you stand with the title and in the suggestion we just need to toss it all in and add more

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 the_requiem

Seen the new screens from GOWIII???

http://www.worthplaying.com/gamescom_2009.php?op=viewarticle&artid=3044

Some of them are from Hades boss battle. First pic reminds me somewhat of BK battle from GOWII. In background you can see 'souls' which I believe Hades will use to attack Kratos [or was it that he uses spikes on his body?]

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 MrStarkiller

Nothing was said about the spikes on his body but they shouldn't be a 'non-factor'. Kratos could tear them out during a CS kill or they could be used in grab/attack against us. The corpses (souls) that make up the Arena walls/borders should indeed be the ones we were told Hades could toss at us (sort of like what the Colossus 1 did with Rhodian Archers/Sodiers).

Though I do hope he can put his spell (AoH) to work at some point. His blades aren't like we saw in GoWII (their aura is like lvl2 Artemis)...perhaps a retcon...or perhaps that is the color of Hades' own energy (Persephone had green/black). Wasn't sure if he was using an energy pillar (High Priests, Sirens, etc.) or a bolt...or even a strike of his blades. Hard to say. They said he would use the 'Hades' Arms' again in this outing (to hold us in place). Sounds cute.

That arena is fated to be destroyed as we progress. Seeing the bow out somewhat makes me want to believe that its fire is related to how we deal with his T-1000 ability concerning meat chunks returning to his body (regeneration). Could prove quite interesting indeed. Being who he is and where they are....I expect a proper GUANTLET and the boss to be aided by lots of Undead types. The TRUE Cerberus should be in this outing.

Breeders can return (and they should)...but I don't want creatures that don't belong in a given world any longer. Gorgons in the Underworld for CoO was just stupid in feel. Cyclops sort of fit (special ones anyway). They created a special breed of Minotaurs that would be fine to have in Hades. Satyrs are THE **** so they deserve to be 'elite guards' of any given god that counts for something as I see it though they are servants of just the one really. Harpies are for Zeus but a variety in the Underworld would be fine. Just not the SAME version as above (which we're seeing to be the case so far).

Chimera is a good call for the world above. Cerberus for the Underworld. Minotaurs and Cyclops sort of fit in ALL realms. Satyrs as 'elite' foes that don't need to be altered for a given surrounding. Undead as fodder. Harpies work for Hades and Zeus. Gorgons fit fine for Zeus and Poseidon. Centaurs could fit for perhaps all though I don't really see a good connection for Hades (though that's exactly what the variety of GoW1 were for). The version we've seen is sub-boss level. If the old one returns, it would be a 'major grunt'.

Those Blades Hades' uses can tear out ones soul/godly essence and will be tossed at/grab Kratos. Strange that he is in a state that is larger than he should be (bigger than Helios), but isn't in full God state either. That's a first.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Alucard_rules
Indeed, interesting, I think I might have an idea as to the slightly increased size of Hades. It gives him a strength and size advantage, while at that size he still has some maneuverability and it wouldn't be like trying to swat at a fly(i.e., very hard). The other two shots didn't really show anything.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 MrStarkiller
He's pulling a BK on us >______>.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Alucard_rules
Please tell me that by that you mean BARBARIAN King.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MrStarkiller

BURGER KING

~All hail...

elon005

Forum Posts