Anyone else a little disappointed in GoW II?

Top_Gamer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Top_Gamer_X
Member since 2006 • 727 Posts
Anyone else sad that you can't see the bonus costumes you use in cutscenes? I really wanted to see Zeus stabbing a fish, or atleast Icarus yelling at/arguing with a Cod.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
~Well, I don't think you could in the original game either. Some cutscenes have it, but not all of them.
coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts
I can't say because I haven't played it yet and its killing me
simsward007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 simsward007
Member since 2005 • 505 Posts

I am really disappointeddue to the fact that they took the ice spell out which nobody liked the frozen gaze which again was the same as last time (crap) and Blade of Olympus was crap as well and all its attacks were crap. It would have been better with a water or nature weapon.

protossdragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 protossdragoon
Member since 2006 • 1525 Posts

i didn't like how combat is just all around hit and un varied grapple moves.... combat is good but i want to see him really hittinng the foe and hitting him instead of just swinging all around. that would be it.

sapphiremicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sapphiremicx
Member since 2006 • 12255 Posts
Not at all disappointed... some of the stuff is not as original as the first Gow, but this one was a definite impovement over the original... and how come no one likes the ending?? I really like the cliffhanger ending.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 InfernoPirate
~Nobody likes the cliffhanger ending BECAUSE it was a cliffhanger ending. The ending was awesome, but it left you very angry.
strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 strikeagain
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts

~Nobody likes the cliffhanger ending BECAUSE it was a cliffhanger ending. The ending was awesome, but it left you very angry.InfernoPirate

Athena's death left me with anger ,surprice and sorrow.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]~Nobody likes the cliffhanger ending BECAUSE it was a cliffhanger ending. The ending was awesome, but it left you very angry.strikeagain

Athena's death left me with anger ,surprice and sorrow.

QFT

~Know this..there WAS something more to Kratos and Athena's relationship..if you haven't seen the 6 new GameTrailers videos (high quality) or the same video all at once (GameSpot - low quality)..do so now.  Part 2 covers "Gods".  Athena is the last one covered.  Jaffe, Barlog and two Greek Myth experts discuss her.  Check it out. Jaffe also wants her character to pan out more in GoWIII despite her death..as do I

omerhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 omerhe
Member since 2006 • 1343 Posts
Aren't there only five videos? And I too would like to see Athena having a part in the third game.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 InfernoPirate
~I wouldn't, actually. To tell the truth, I think it would be just stupid to have her come back to life in the next game, I would feel really cheated, like they were copping out. If they made the decision to kill her, they should have to stand by it. And also, in my opinion, she was pretty much a loser. But whatever, think what you will.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the-creeper

~I wouldn't, actually. To tell the truth, I think it would be just stupid to have her come back to life in the next game, I would feel really cheated, like they were copping out. If they made the decision to kill her, they should have to stand by it. And also, in my opinion, she was pretty much a loser. But whatever, think what you will.InfernoPirate

Having a part doesn't always mean coming back to life.  What we want to see is the history between Kratos and Athena and things from her perspective.  Even the GoW team noticed their was a vibe being sent out between those two at the end of GoW1.  It was "bizzare" to Jaffe because they hadn't meant for that to happen.  With GoWII they just went with it and empathy for Kratos was established *with Athena*..they were looking to show that there was "a little more then empathy" going on.  There was some sexual tension between the two (Jaffe again).  All I want is to see this angle explored a bit...if nothing else the character of Athena..For anyone who hasn't been keeping up with the lastest vids go to GameTrailers and look at the newest videos (a series of 6).  The one I'm talking about is number 2 (covering Gods).  Athena is the last one discussed, after Zeus, Hades and Poseidon.

~I'm inclined to agree with InfernoPirate about bringing a character back to life so easily..it cheapens the scenes..However, Athena is IMO a VERY interesting character..without her we would have had no chance in GoW1 or GoWII.  She was our patron Goddess and maybe a bit more on the side.  If it had been her who destroyed us and not Zeus...we simply would have been trapped in Tartarus...unlike Zeus who jus played the Dr. Evil card..."I'm sure my problems are solved now, so I'll just walk away assuming everything went according to plan".  Meerly accompanying us into the Underworld and handing us over to Hades for safekeeping would have guaranteed Kratos' demise stayed perminent.  In his condition a battle with Hades would be out of the question.

---We owe a great deal to that women..try to have some respect for the dearly departed.  Granted she did cost us the chance to end Zeus' existence at the end..She was just trying (without success) to keep the peace

NOTE: We all know Gaia ISN'T on the level..an Olympian needs to tell us their side of the story..but WHO?  The only one that would even speak to use civily is dead.  Or do we crush the Olympians and learn the terrible truth from a dying god..Certainly the Titans will do something to piss us off..the common answer being betrayal as per usual.  Jaffe mentioned there was something special that allowed Gaia to narrate this story...so she will continue to do so in GoWIII if all follows logic.  I really wonder if Kratos will become the God (monotheism) in the sense that there is no others like him after killing all the Olympians and Titans...that would be quite the choice to make for the story...I can only imagine the reactions of those that can't "run with it"...

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InfernoPirate
~Actually, to tell the truth, I honestly was thinking that today when I beat the game. I was thinking: Maybe they could be using Kratos to explain why there are "no longer" the Olympian Gods, and it did even cross my mind, and I mentioned it to my brother, that maybe he would become the Monotheistic God of the Romans and other later peoples. It's a very interesting thought indeed. I agree about Athena in GoW1, without her Kratos could not have gone as far as he did, but without Athena, there wouldn't have BEEN a GoWII. Now, that sounds like she helped from our point of view, but from Kratos', that really sucks. If she hadn't shrunk, created the colossus, and weakened him, when Zeus tried to do away with him he still would've had full powers of a God, which he didn't need anyway to kill Zeus. As always, you make very valid points, but also as always, I stand by my statements.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the-creeper

~Actually, to tell the truth, I honestly was thinking that today when I beat the game. I was thinking: Maybe they could be using Kratos to explain why there are "no longer" the Olympian Gods, and it did even cross my mind, and I mentioned it to my brother, that maybe he would become the Monotheistic God of the Romans and other later peoples. It's a very interesting thought indeed. I agree about Athena in GoW1, without her Kratos could not have gone as far as he did, but without Athena, there wouldn't have BEEN a GoWII. Now, that sounds like she helped from our point of view, but from Kratos', that really sucks. If she hadn't shrunk, created the colossus, and weakened him, when Zeus tried to do away with him he still would've had full powers of a God, which he didn't need anyway to kill Zeus. As always, you make very valid points, but also as always, I stand by my statements. InfernoPirate

Kratos..father of Jesus?  I wonder if they dare go down that route..it would be lollerific if Kratos' picture was used in place of the other "God" avatars for the "God article" at EncyclopediaDramatica.  I think that would effectively destroy Dante VS Kratos discussions when they concern each at their prime...

Athena HAD to do something but she refused to kill us.   It was Zeus who tricked us into using the Blade and becoming mortal.  She cannot be blamed for what Zeus would have done anyway.  Back when we were working towards our goal of getting rid of our nightmares..it was not Athena would had say over whether or not Kratos nighmares could be removed..it was the enitre pantheon who was against such a move.  She only had their graces for forgiving his "sins". (funny choice of words amirite?)  It was also her choice (as far as we know) to make him a god.  Which just put him in the place he needed to be in order to do what he was doing..systematically destroying everything.  It would seem that Athena's "love" (I will call it that because I know of nothing else that could be called "more then empathy") for Kratos allowed him to live on and take a seat with the power he needed to destroy everything. (lashing out against existance for tormenting him)

~Kratos would have been killed by Zeus one way or another *then returned to kill Zeus just as he did this time*...Athena just wanted to bring peace between the gods...her intentions as always were good..but she (like always) believes there is GOOD (reason) in Kratos..Jaffe described him as an "animal".. You can be as noble as you want..be a hero...the animal..the Beast that is Kratos will kill you..as sure as you were born, you will die.

NOTE: Since Kratos came back in time to stop Zeus from finishing his past self..he has stopped the destruction of his Spartan Army AND Sparta itself..how will this factor in I wonder..

Back to what we were discussing..would you be oppossed if we learned more of Athena..specifically speaking, her feelings/relationship with Kratos..This reminds me...InfernoPirate..you've heard Secret Message 1 have you not?  The one with the Soul of War hidden in Kratos' God Chambers (with a view of Ares' soul being tortured)..do you think this message will ever factor or like the rest of the glimpses into future titles we've had...simply not turn up..or turn up as they were.  The only one that happened (hugely changed) was the Zeus' Arc..Kratos being the son of Zeus but without Kratos having to kill his mother to find out.  So many avenues to travel..and we have such a LONG wait ahead of us for the PS3 sequel proprer..I'll be keeping my eye on the PSP title just because I want to see where things are going like the rest of TUGOWU

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 strikeagain

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]~Actually, to tell the truth, I honestly was thinking that today when I beat the game. I was thinking: Maybe they could be using Kratos to explain why there are "no longer" the Olympian Gods, and it did even cross my mind, and I mentioned it to my brother, that maybe he would become the Monotheistic God of the Romans and other later peoples. It's a very interesting thought indeed. I agree about Athena in GoW1, without her Kratos could not have gone as far as he did, but without Athena, there wouldn't have BEEN a GoWII. Now, that sounds like she helped from our point of view, but from Kratos', that really sucks. If she hadn't shrunk, created the colossus, and weakened him, when Zeus tried to do away with him he still would've had full powers of a God, which he didn't need anyway to kill Zeus. As always, you make very valid points, but also as always, I stand by my statements. the-creeper

Kratos..father of Jesus?  I wonder if they dare go down that route..it would be lollerific if Kratos' picture was used in place of the other "God" avatars for the "God article" at EncyclopediaDramatica.  I think that would effectively destroy Dante VS Kratos discussions when they concern each at their prime...

Athena HAD to do something but she refused to kill us.   It was Zeus who tricked us into using the Blade and becoming mortal.  She cannot be blamed for what Zeus would have done anyway.  Back when we were working towards our goal of getting rid of our nightmares..it was not Athena would had say over whether or not Kratos nighmares could be removed..it was the enitre pantheon who was against such a move.  She only had their graces for forgiving his "sins". (funny choice of words amirite?)  It was also her choice (as far as we know) to make him a god.  Which just put him in the place he needed to be in order to do what he was doing..systematically destroying everything.  It would seem that Athena's "love" (I will call it that because I know of nothing else that could be called "more then empathy") for Kratos allowed him to live on and take a seat with the power he needed to destroy everything. (lashing out against existance for tormenting him)

~Kratos would have been killed by Zeus one way or another *then returned to kill Zeus just as he did this time*...Athena just wanted to bring peace between the gods...her intentions as always were good..but she (like always) believes there is GOOD (reason) in Kratos..Jaffe described him as an "animal".. You can be as noble as you want..be a hero...the animal..the Beast that is Kratos will kill you..as sure as you were born, you will die.

NOTE: Since Kratos came back in time to stop Zeus from finishing his past self..he has stopped the destruction of his Spartan Army AND Sparta itself..how will this factor in I wonder..

Back to what we were discussing..would you be oppossed if we learned more of Athena..specifically speaking, her feelings/relationship with Kratos..This reminds me...InfernoPirate..you've heard Secret Message 1 have you not?  The one with the Soul of War hidden in Kratos' God Chambers (with a view of Ares' soul being tortured)..do you think this message will ever factor or like the rest of the glimpses into future titles we've had...simply not turn up..or turn up as they were.  The only one that happened (hugely changed) was the Zeus' Arc..Kratos being the son of Zeus but without Kratos having to kill his mother to find out.  So many avenues to travel..and we have such a LONG wait ahead of us for the PS3 sequel proprer..I'll be keeping my eye on the PSP title just because I want to see where things are going like the rest of TUGOWU

Im starting to think if gaia tricked Zeus to go against kratos and then she aid kratos  against Zeus(common double backstab).

Yes i think Athena is the best person to tell kratos about the Golden Era of the Titans and about the  Great War.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts
Kratos and Athena are practically brother and sister. Both have Zeus as father. Wouldn't it be odd if they had a romance together?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-creeper

Kratos and Athena are practically brother and sister. Both have Zeus as father. Wouldn't it be odd if they had a romance together?azad_champ

In context to Greek Mythology (on incest)..far from it.  In context to Athena having ANY sexual desire for ANYONE..yes it is quite odd.  Zeus' wife Hera..his sister.  Athena is consider to NOT have a mother but she did..she just wasn't born from her..she came from Zeus' head full grown and armored.  They would be half-siblings.  What I would like to know is WHY Kratos?  She clearly didn't feel "empathy" for Ares (Aphrodite sure did..but she is a strange one..not even a real Olympian)

~This whole thing calls for a grand explanation or at least an excellent summary of where they are going with this initially unintended angle..BTW..Ares..product of incest..thus the beard of fire and spider legs with flaming blade tips coming out his back..also the pale skin tone..in fact they all were..Kronos and Rhea were brother and sister..Gaia bore Oranos then had children with him (Kronos and the Titans among others...)  So again no..the incest aspect isn't exactly out of place though it would be highly unusual for such a thing to take place in an American take on Greek Myth.  I suspect the cannibalism taboo is easier to overlook though..since the gods weren't being digested and the Pelops character got dropped.  Taboos are fun for me to discuss...acts of violence being my favorites by far as one would expect from any fan of God of War

NOTE: What would seem like the key word to me in your question is "romance"..THAT is unlikely to happen with Kratos.  He has seeminly lost that aspect of himself with the loss of his wife.  Love is something forgotten.  It is really quite hard to say since there realistically isn't much for me to go on for discussion in this matter (in-depth anyway)

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strikeagain

[QUOTE="azad_champ"]Kratos and Athena are practically brother and sister. Both have Zeus as father. Wouldn't it be odd if they had a romance together?the-creeper

In context to Greek Mythology (on incest)..far from it.  In context to Athena having ANY sexual desire for ANYONE..yes it is quite odd.  Zeus' wife Hera..his sister.  Athena is consider to NOT have a mother but she did..she just wasn't born from her..she came from Zeus' head full grown and armored.  They would be half-siblings.  What I would like to know is WHY Kratos?  She clearly didn't feel "empathy" for Ares (Aphrodite sure did..but she is a strange one..not even a real Olympian)

~This whole thing calls for a grand explanation or at least an excellent summary of where they are going with this initially unintended angle..BTW..Ares..product of incest..thus the beard of fire and spider legs with flaming blade tips coming out his back..also the pale skin tone..in fact they all were..Kronos and Rhea were brother and sister..Gaia bore Oranos then had children with him (Kronos and the Titans among others...)  So again no..the incest aspect isn't exactly out of place though it would be highly unusual for such a thing to take place in an American take on Greek Myth.  I suspect the cannibalism taboo is easier to overlook though..since the gods weren't being digested and the Pelops character got dropped.  Taboos are fun for me to discuss...acts of violence being my favorites by far as one would expect from any fan of God of War

NOTE: What would seem like the key word to me in your question is "romance"..THAT is unlikely to happen with Kratos.  He has seeminly lost that aspect of himself with the loss of his wife.  Love is something forgotten.  It is really quite hard to say since there realistically isn't much for me to go on for discussion in this matter (in-depth anyway)

Athena's mother was the titan metis. Something else now you mentioned in  mythology Gaia said that she was her that gave birth to oranos but oranos said that he was from the dept of the universe and as for who is resposible for the dethrone of oranos lets say without analyze it so much that cronos did the bind of gaia's wish.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

[QUOTE="azad_champ"]Kratos and Athena are practically brother and sister. Both have Zeus as father. Wouldn't it be odd if they had a romance together?the-creeper

Dude, the greek mythology is f*cked up!

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="azad_champ"]Kratos and Athena are practically brother and sister. Both have Zeus as father. Wouldn't it be odd if they had a romance together?azad_champ

Dude, the greek mythology is f*cked up!

You have no idea..

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Well it really not that bad...But I can imagine athena killing herself at the end
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the-creeper

Well it really not that bad...But I can imagine athena killing herself at the endtrophylocoste

I wonder how she could pull that off considering the ending of GoWII..

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts

Anyone else sad that you can't see the bonus costumes you use in cutscenes? I really wanted to see Zeus stabbing a fish, or atleast Icarus yelling at/arguing with a Cod.Top_Gamer_X

i'mnot that all interested in the cod outfit, i but i indeed wanted to see outfits in gameplay cutscenes

but hey, at least they're passable....

I can't say because I haven't played it yet and its killing mecoolgamer6

yeah u and me both

You have no idea..

the-creeper

LOL truth!

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the-creeper

[QUOTE="Top_Gamer_X"]Anyone else sad that you can't see the bonus costumes you use in cutscenes? I really wanted to see Zeus stabbing a fish, or atleast Icarus yelling at/arguing with a Cod.evanescfan

i'mnot that all interested in the cod outfit, i but i indeed wanted to see outfits in gameplay cutscenes

but hey, at least they're passable....

When in Bonus Play I like to use the Urns of Olympus/Prometheus/Poseidon for this small glitch:

-Turn on RotT *notice how your character model is blackened as well as your weapons, besides the obvious fire aura*

-Use Poseidon's Rage *notice the blackening of the model is GONE, though the weapons are still dark and the fire remains*

-Look ****ing awesome *For GREAT JUSTICE*

^This will improve nearly any costume..Cod of War being the exception.

I can't say because I haven't played it yet and its killing mecoolgamer6

yeah u and me both

Not I..for I am he who "God saves"..my name is proof of this.  Joshua.

You have no idea..

the-creeper

LOL truth!

KEKEKE  They really don't know how twisted it can get do they?  Remember what I showed you about Hercules?  NOT a boyscout.