bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bbbourb
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
So the Sci-Fi channel, in its infinite wisdom, thought cancelling Stargate SG-1 would be good for the ratings on Battlestar Galactica. Now, however, it seems that the station's way of thinking has failed.  According to an article on ign.com, Battlestar Galactica will have its final season in 2008.  Essentially, this means BSG lasted exacty one season beyond SG-1.  Thanks, Sci-Fi, for squashing one of my favorite shows for the failure that is BSG.  I wonder what this may mean for Atlantis.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I havent liked BSG after it's first season.  It has gone down hill quite a bit.  I think they have also cancelled Tripping the Rift but atleast Ghost Hunters is still on and is still decent to watch.  They are going to need to come up with a good show though and fast because they are losing any show that had potential.  I almost forgot that Eureka is still good and coming back soon.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mgmeek
Member since 2005 • 4079 Posts

I think they have also cancelled Tripping the RiftKurushio

that show was great!  kind of like futurama, but cruder and different animation.

as for BSG, as far as SciFi knew BSG was going to keep going, but the writers decided to end the story on their own terms.  giving BSG a total of 4 seasons.  

plus they weren't even showing BSG and SG-1/SGA on the same nights.   and hopefully, it doesn't mean anything for SGA since there are some new SciFi shows in the pipeline.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
BGS was crap after the first season anyway.
Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Xdsk
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

BGS was crap after the first season anyway.shockwave04

Lets hope the network realises thier mistake and brings back SG-1! Roll on season 11 :D

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shockwave04
Episodeic sg_1 is over :(
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
I just hope that some of the characters from SG-1 can survive, including guest characters. I would hate to see characters like Bra'tac, Teal'c, Daniel, Major Davis, Malcolm Barret, and others fade away because of SG-1 ending. Although Major Davis hasn't been seen since season 8, he probably will never come back, unfortunately though, I liked him I always thought he was cool.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Major davis wasnt for the SGC really when he first appeared. He is more like woosley who is now learning how good and important the SGC is.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KnightsofRound

Major davis wasnt for the SGC really when he first appeared. He is more like woosley who is now learning how good and important the SGC is.Kurushio

Yeah but I really liked Davis. He was our liason with the pentagon and the joint cheifs, now we just have woolsey. Anyways, I don't mind woolsey, he has grown on my recently, I like him a lot more than I used to, but over the years Davis just became one of my favourite guest characters, I don't really know why I just enjoyed seeing him always show up in the times of disaster to help out. Many of my favourite episodes have him in them too.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shockwave04
Yeah I like Major Davis also.
STUNTS01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 STUNTS01
Member since 2006 • 945 Posts
i didnt realise bsg has evn been round that long i thaught its only been around like 3 years or atleast thats how long its been on irish tv's i didnt like it very much anyway so i dont mind
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KnightsofRound
Not to be vengeful (because I do actually feel bad for genuine fans of BSG) but I'm almost glad about the fact that BSG is ending because its kind of like a kick in the nuts and a "What goes around comes around" to Sci-Fi for cancelling SG-1.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shockwave04
"What goes around comes around" to Sci-Fi for cancelling SG-1.KnightsofRound

I totally agree.