cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 cheynz
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

A choice for you, would you choose to kill a boss in one hit or fight it out?

I was thinking with the arrival of the infinite rocket launcher and constant loopholes of boss fights that you could beat the boss in half the time or even right off the bat. Would you finish it As soon as possible or duke it out?

Me, I think the boss fights are a major if not the most exciting and important part of the RE series and I would fight it out both because I don't look online for tips to defeat them and its a major thrill to defeat them first hand.

Views on this?

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Well i think your question goes both ways cheynz cuz if you are fighting an RE boss for the first time,about 75% or more people would want to finish him one time but on the other hand,if you already played the game and beat it,i think that you would want to fight it out to the end.

I personally would want to fight it out to the end cuz i like a challenge regardless how tough the boss might be for example,in RE4,instead of using the RL to finish off Saddler,i just keep on shooting his eyes on his legs and then finish him off using the knife.

Azure-Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Azure-Dreamer
Member since 2009 • 535 Posts

There will be spoilers, you have been warned! When it comes to boss fights these days, it either goes one of three ways:

The Masochist
This is that boss you'll be fighting more than once. For an example i'll throw you a Mr. X or Nemesis. These guys will reappear through the course of the game, sporadically or scripted, and will piss you off to no end eventually, but you'll love em for it! They create that tension. Take for instance playing RE3, the first time the Nemesis broke into the RPD your heart was racing wasn't it? What about every time he popped up after that? I know right! Doesn't matter how many bullets you pump into these guys, how many times you slam em to the ground, they're just going to keep coming back until you dish out that final dose of punishment in the form of an RPG or something equally explosive.

The Bastard
This is the likes of Wesker. In RE5 you have two, what I would cIassify as boss fights, with Wesker. On the Air Strip and then the Volcano section. You're not really given any clear method of defeating him the first time, other than to go with what you did before and shoot from behind. The second encounter gives you more of a chance, but you're also subjected to Wesker's new arsenal of 1hKO's. Short and sweet, The Bastard is that boss you'll have that final encounter with... but it won't be obvious, it won't be necessarily easy and don't think you'll get away without using a can of First Aid Spray. To give you another example... the notorious Ndesu.

The Pretender
I really hate these guys, they bother me something awful! Your encounter with say, your first Garrador? I personally assumed it'd be a nice little distraction, a sub-boss as it were, same after the first El Giante. Then it throws another one at you... then another two... at the same time? These are plain enemies and sub-bosses, that are thrown in to up the difficulty curve. Like giving Majini Ak-74s. They're not fodder, but they can be as frustrating as bosses.

souleater289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 souleater289
Member since 2009 • 1346 Posts

I would like to fight it out, and figure it out myself, but if I die more than 150 times, then hell year I would look it up! But this is when it's normal gameplay and not bosses.

Bosses are meant to be hard and make you frustrated, I was so disappointed in the last battle in God of war, because it was so easy compared to the rest of the game.

If I haven't died at least 10 times by the last boss, then it was not a successful boss. 

souleater289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 souleater289
Member since 2009 • 1346 Posts
The bastard is my favorite kind of Boss!
but owning the masochist feels like a bigger win
Azure-Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Azure-Dreamer
Member since 2009 • 535 Posts

but owning the masochist feels like a bigger winsouleater289

Definitely, after having been stalked by Nemesis throughout the whole of RE3... finally putting an end to him felt like a weight off my shoulders :P At least until my next playthrough!

infamous13579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 infamous13579
Member since 2009 • 4850 Posts
wesker has great boss fight
moonknght24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 moonknght24
Member since 2009 • 2815 Posts
fight it out to the END YEAH wooo:D
legolas95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 legolas95
Member since 2008 • 5610 Posts

but owning the masochist feels like a bigger winsouleater289

this