NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
It could be fun, if done right. However, some RPG elements may not work very well with Zelda, such as characters and equipments.
richboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 richboy999
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
It could be good, but I like Zelda the way it is,which isn't too good, sinceI'm hearing that the next Zelda game on the Wii will be like no other Zelda, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

RPG as in what way exactly?

Japanese Rpg?

Western Rpg?

Then there are the different sub genres such as turn based RPG, strategy RPG, etc...

In a way, the Zelda series already exhibits some RPG qualities and is even considered a type of RPG game by some individuals. The term RPG has become very broad and could be applied in a number of different ways.

vanntheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 vanntheman
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
it sounds like agood idea, but id worry that the zelda series would become like the final fantasy series and have a dozen crap spinoffs
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gary_Jinfield

it sounds like agood idea, but id worry that the zelda series would become like the final fantasy series and have a dozen crap spinoffsvanntheman

If the Zelda series became a more traditional RPG, it wouldn't necessarily mean that the series would become similar to the Final Fantasy series or the Mario series for that matter.

Technically, Tingle RPG is a traditional RPG, at least as traditional as a game that stars Tingle could be.:P

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

What could be interesting but possibly the biggest damage to the series in the videogame world would be a Zelda MMORPG.

If done right it would take over all else in the gaming world but getting an MMORPG with a Zelda game could easily ruin the series for ever. Not to mension incredible challenge and pressure on designers to get it right. Obviously it couldnt really be based round four swords because that would look corny with different coloured links running around. So what do they do next? Take a WoW sort of approach and make Race and Class system? (eg. Gorons, Zoras can be Swordman or Mage) which I'm sure many fans would probably hate.

Towards more single player Traditional RPG take a look at Zelda 2... So many elements in that game did not maych it so much that it didnt feel like a zelda game (to me at least)

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gary_Jinfield

The problem with an MMO would mostly come from the difficulty in providing a lone adventurer role that seems to define the series. An MMO functions on the exact opposite ideal.

Then there is the whole character problem as you mentioned.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

The problem with an MMO would mostly come from the difficulty in providing a lone adventurer role that seems to define the series. An MMO functions on the exact opposite ideal.

Gary_Jinfield

Maybe it could work if the nations of the Zelda world are fighting each other ?

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a huge war that was mentionned in TP ? They could make an MMORPG based on that, and since it was hundreds of years before the events of TP, they won't have to include main characters of the series like Link, Zelda and Ganon.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
It could work, but I dodnt think it will be so succesull, cause all thgis year´s Zelda essence will be lost in some way
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

NWA_31

Maybe it could work if the nations of the Zelda world are fighting each other ?

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a huge war that was mentionned in TP ? They could make an MMORPG based on that, and since it was hundreds of years before the events of TP, they won't have to include main characters of the series like Link, Zelda and Ganon.

But that would only work as a spin off and would most likely differ from the regular Zelda series greatly.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

[Edit]

Agreed. But I think that if there was a Zelda RPG it would become similar o Final Fantasy, maybe even Fire Emblem but less detailed and more of a twisted storyline and twisted characters.

But I wouldn't know about a Zelda MMO. I have to agree with Gary on the character problem :?

richboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 richboy999
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
I agree also that it would become symillar to final fantasy series and then they might get too carried away and**** the series all up
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
yea i always thought it would work. it kinda be like dragon quest. link being the hero, a goron, a zora, zelda using magic, maybe a gerudo
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gary_Jinfield

yea i always thought it would work. it kinda be like dragon quest. link being the hero, a goron, a zora, zelda using magic, maybe a gerudoskatrbub54

The atmosphere of the games would differ though due to Link's lone stance as a hero. The lone adventure aspect would be lost somewhat, not to mention courage becomes more prominent when one is alone as apposed to a group.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I dunno, 4 people taking on armies isn't much less couragous than a single person. In fact if that single person wasn't Link you could argue it's stupidity and not courage :P

The idea works in theory, although the execution would be much harder to pull off. I agree with Gary in that multiple characters fighting by links side will seriously change the games atmosphere which is a very important part of any Zelda game.

-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

Should there ever be a zelda rpg? i don't think it would be a good idea

richboy999

Yeah, It's going to feel weird.