waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
In one topic (don't remember which) I read that someone wanted a game where there was explained why Ganondorf was evil (don't remember who).
   I think it is good that someone ask that kind of a question, because every story needs logical character and there has to be a reason why the evil ones are evil. However I think the answer can already be find in the old games.
   Here is my explination why Ganondorf is evil:
   You migth know that some of the most central nazist were being bullied when they where young. If you have a hard childhoos, it will afect every decition you take later. For example I read about a boy that was bullied and told his mom he wanted to become the biggest man on earth. He died 25 years old because of stereoids.
   Now, let us review Ganondorf's childhood. He was born and raised by the gerudos. The gerudos were thiefs. Men were discriminated. They all lived in the dessert. Taken this in count we find that Ganondorf was raised by wolfs and had to learn how to figth from the begining. He migth have said to himself in just the same way as the boy who was bullied in my example "when I grow up, I want to be the most powerful man on earth." In the ending of WW (SPOILER) we see an almost sentimental Ganondorf looking at nothing and talking about the dessert and the wind. You can sence that these memories are painful (SPOILER END). I think that explains it.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
interresting
didn't know this
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

Yeah, Thats kinda what i thought ( although im am Sick of Fan theories for the time being )

DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DrumminDoc
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts
Except for on huge flaw; The Gerudo hate all men ecxept for the one male born of the tribe every however many years, who is according to hyrulean legend is destined to lead the Gerudo to "greatness." So no wolves and Gannondorf was basically worshiped his whole life.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
I think that since Ganondorf was raised or taken in by the Gerudos, he felt power. They worshiped him as the one and only powerful man, right? So I guess afterwards Ganondorf felt that he wanted to be worshiped by all the world. When he recieved the Triforce of Power, he knew that was what he had to do. When he found out someone else wanted to demolish his plans [Link], he had to kill him in order to acheive his goals... And this is off=topic but, didn't Ganondorf hypnotize the Gerudos in Ocarina of Time then become their so-called God?
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrumminDoc
No, Gannandorf didn't hypnotize anybody except maybe Ingo. And he got the Triforce of Power after setting out to control the world. Remember he poisoned The Great Deku Tree but got the Triforce of Power after Link pulled out The Master Sword but couldn't get the other two pieces hence he lured link into that final confrontation even though he already controlled all of Hyrule.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
Actually,he's evil because some genius decided to put "dorf" at the end of his name.:P:lol:
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerGirlPwnz
Actually,he's evil because some genius decided to put "dorf" at the end of his name.:P:lol:789shadow
:lol: I'll laugh if Nintendo made an error and spelt it GanonDORK :lol:
bane1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bane1190
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts
you people don't know. ganandorf is evil because Nintendo needed a bad guy for their game.duh.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerGirlPwnz
you people don't know. ganandorf is evil because Nintendo needed a bad guy for their game.duh.bane1190
What about the fact that in Twilight Princess there is another evil guy. So there wouldn't be a point in having Ganon/Ganondorf... :P
dgwutka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dgwutka
Member since 2004 • 15331 Posts
interesting theory
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerGirlPwnz
interesting theorydgwutka
:lol: Do you have a theory?... :lol: *Steals a cookie :twisted: Breaks in three and gives you one :lol: :P]
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 *NintendoMania
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
The question is how he got the triforce of Power and he allready had magic, in orcarina of time he blasted link before you became an adult. I think it was those two witches in the desert temple who have more to do with it then anything. Also people are just trying to gain controll and keep it. He probably hated the desert, so he wanted Hyrule, makes sence! Also how did an outcast Gerudo get into the Hyrule castle?!? There are so many questions to be answered. I'd like to see how Gannondorf got the triforce and why he turns into a pig.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerGirlPwnz
The question is how he got the triforce of Power and he allready had magic, in orcarina of time he blasted link before you became an adult. I think it was those two witches in the desert temple who have more to do with it then anything. Also people are just trying to gain controll and keep it. He probably hated the desert, so he wanted Hyrule, makes sence! Also how did an outcast Gerudo get into the Hyrule castle?!? There are so many questions to be answered. I'd like to see how Gannondorf got the triforce and why he turns into a pig.nintendomania
Ah! I remeber! Ganondorf was born from the two boss witches at Gerudo Grounds; in which the witches had all the Gerudos worship Ganondorf as the one and only man who the Gerudos don't hate. Ganondorf didn't only want the Gerudos to worship him; he wanted the world! Afterwards he went after the Triforce [didn't it already exist? And if not, then when it broke in three, one went to him] and segregated the sages. He broke the Triforce because his heart was not pure, and was left with the Triforce of Power. Then the whole Ocarina of Time comes in :D
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 *NintendoMania
Exactly! But, how did he allready have magic? And those witches were like 950 years old and you kill em. Ha ha. Another thing is SPOILER ALERT( The masked guys in TP said by the hummor of the gods they gave Ganondorf the triforce of Power.) END SPOILER.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34795 Posts
Ganon hungers for power. Those kind of people are always evil..
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waZelda
The question is how he got the triforce of Power and he allready had magic, in orcarina of time he blasted link before you became an adult. I think it was those two witches in the desert temple who have more to do with it then anything. Also people are just trying to gain controll and keep it. He probably hated the desert, so he wanted Hyrule, makes sence! Also how did an outcast Gerudo get into the Hyrule castle?!? There are so many questions to be answered. I'd like to see how Gannondorf got the triforce and why he turns into a pig.nintendomania

Ganondorf was not an outcast Gerudo, he had thougth his way to the top and had become the leader of the Gerudos. In OoT he entred the castle to promiss loyalty to the king.
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrumminDoc

[QUOTE="nintendomania"]The question is how he got the triforce of Power and he allready had magic, in orcarina of time he blasted link before you became an adult. I think it was those two witches in the desert temple who have more to do with it then anything. Also people are just trying to gain controll and keep it. He probably hated the desert, so he wanted Hyrule, makes sence! Also how did an outcast Gerudo get into the Hyrule castle?!? There are so many questions to be answered. I'd like to see how Gannondorf got the triforce and why he turns into a pig.waZelda

Ganondorf was not an outcast Gerudo, he had thougth his way to the top and had become the leader of the Gerudos. In OoT he entred the castle to promiss loyalty to the king.

Exactly just as certain people like Link and Zelda have the ability to use certain magic, so too does Gannondorf. But yea the witches come into it somewhere cause of the Oracles games, but they worshipped Gannon then, trying to revive him . . . I don't think they gave him any power. Quite the contrary. He gave them power even though they could already do some magic stuff. Ganndorf got the Triforce because it was his destiny, without a villain there could be no hero. And as for the pig thing, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That includes any vestige of looking normal.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamerGirlPwnz
Exactly! But, how did he allready have magic? And those witches were like 950 years old and you kill em. Ha ha. Another thing is SPOILER ALERT( The masked guys in TP said by the hummor of the gods they gave Ganondorf the triforce of Power.) END SPOILER.nintendomania
Ah ha! The witches gave him magic! :shock: You know that thing on his forehead that looks like a gem? Well, [I think] that resembles that he is part of the Gerudos; and their one worshipped man. That witches have magic, right? So they gave it to him. The only reason why in Twilight Princess that was said was because before that was Ocarina of Time, and after Twilight Princess is Wind Waker...
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 *NintendoMania
[QUOTE="nintendomania"]Exactly! But, how did he allready have magic? And those witches were like 950 years old and you kill em. Ha ha. Another thing is SPOILER ALERT( The masked guys in TP said by the hummor of the gods they gave Ganondorf the triforce of Power.) END SPOILER.GamerGirlPwnz
Ah ha! The witches gave him magic! :shock: You know that thing on his forehead that looks like a gem? Well, [I think] that resembles that he is part of the Gerudos; and their one worshipped man. That witches have magic, right? So they gave it to him. The only reason why in Twilight Princess that was said was because before that was Ocarina of Time, and after Twilight Princess is Wind Waker...

Also the pig thing has something to do with the triforce. So does Link as a wolf. I think its the transformation through the triforce personally, but someone can prove me wrong easily I guess. Gerudos in TP though were outcasts remember? They built like the jail there to keep them out. So somewhere they had to of turned against them. Also if Gannondorf was their ultimate leader, how come they didnt inhabbit the world instead stay outside in the desert. Gannondorf hated the desert he said it himself. What do you guys think?
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerGirlPwnz
[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="nintendomania"]Exactly! But, how did he allready have magic? And those witches were like 950 years old and you kill em. Ha ha. Another thing is SPOILER ALERT( The masked guys in TP said by the hummor of the gods they gave Ganondorf the triforce of Power.) END SPOILER.nintendomania

Also the pig thing has something to do with the triforce. So does Link as a wolf. I think its the transformation through the triforce personally, but someone can prove me wrong easily I guess. Gerudos in TP though were outcasts remember? They built like the jail there to keep them out. So somewhere they had to of turned against them. Also if Gannondorf was their ultimate leader, how come they didnt inhabbit the world instead stay outside in the desert. Gannondorf hated the desert he said it himself. What do you guys think?

Hmmmm... [spoiler] Well , Ganondorf probably betrayed the Gerudos in Twilight Princess when he had gave all his powers to Zant, remember? And then the Gerudods built that jail as a place to put their prisoners, traitors, etc. They would then send them though the Mirror of Twilight as their punishment. But that was BEFORE the Sages got rid of Ganondorf. Remember that cut scene when you met with the Sages at the Mirror of Twilight? Well they banished Ganondorf, but the Gerudos were already all dead, gone, or whatever. They Ganondorf gave his powers up to Zant as his reincarnation of some sort. So he was using Zant until the end. [/spoiler]
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
Bear with me because I'm gonna go all theology on your butts.  I think that there is a very valid point residing in the, had a bad childhood idea, since the method in which someone is raised affects their entire future personality.  Since man is naturally evil because of our sin, I believe that the amount of attention (but not affection) and expectations placed on Ganondorf made him broken, angry, and malicious.  His destiny also resided within the Triforce of power placed upon him, and with power comes greed.  Therefore, all of his desire to conquer rested in his hatred of the merciless desert he lived in and *SPOILER beginning* in Wind Waker he said of the winds in hyrule, "I coveted that wind, I suppose."  *SPOILER end*  he coveted a world where everyone was happy and rich from the bountiful earth.  Just a way to fill the void in his life I suppose.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerGirlPwnz
Bear with me because I'm gonna go all theology on your butts.  I think that there is a very valid point residing in the, had a bad childhood idea, since the method in which someone is raised affects their entire future personality.  Since man is naturally evil because of our sin, I believe that the amount of attention (but not affection) and expectations placed on Ganondorf made him broken, angry, and malicious.  His destiny also resided within the Triforce of power placed upon him, and with power comes greed.  Therefore, all of his desire to conquer rested in his hatred of the merciless desert he lived in and *SPOILER beginning* in Wind Waker he said of the winds in hyrule, "I coveted that wind, I suppose."  *SPOILER end*  he coveted a world where everyone was happy and rich from the bountiful earth.  Just a way to fill the void in his life I suppose.
JukedSolid
Ah! That is true, very true..... But where was Ganondorf born? Who rasied him to have such a broken childhood? Was it the Twinrova Sisters from the Sprirt Temple in Ocarina of Time? Was it some Moblins who took him in and called him their king [Ganondorf/King of the Pigs or Moblins]? What happened in his childhood? Was it a death of someone important? All I know was that he was already broken and angry from the start...
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
Ganondorf was born with one thing, power. That power gave him too much sefl-reliance in it and he needed more. He would do anything to just get more power and I simply think that is why he is evil. Not as wordy as some of yours but thats my opinion lol.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamerGirlPwnz
Ganondorf was born with one thing, power. That power gave him too much sefl-reliance in it and he needed more. He would do anything to just get more power and I simply think that is why he is evil. Not as wordy as some of yours but thats my opinion lol.RErikku12
Yeah, but where? When? Who? How? Ok, don't anwser that one :lol: Like I said, who could've made Ganondorf's childhood so broken? Was he abandoned and sent to the Gerudos? The Moblins? where he gathered all of his greed from his worshipers?...
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RErikku12
[QUOTE="RErikku12"]Ganondorf was born with one thing, power. That power gave him too much sefl-reliance in it and he needed more. He would do anything to just get more power and I simply think that is why he is evil. Not as wordy as some of yours but thats my opinion lol.GamerGirlPwnz
Yeah, but where? When? Who? How? Ok, don't anwser that one :lol: Like I said, who could've made Ganondorf's childhood so broken? Was he abandoned and sent to the Gerudos? The Moblins? where he gathered all of his greed from his worshipers?...

I am just saying he was born with power, which led to his greed and corruption. He took his reign as king of the moblins because of it.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerGirlPwnz
[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="RErikku12"]Ganondorf was born with one thing, power. That power gave him too much sefl-reliance in it and he needed more. He would do anything to just get more power and I simply think that is why he is evil. Not as wordy as some of yours but thats my opinion lol.RErikku12

I am just saying he was born with power, which led to his greed and corruption. He took his reign as king of the moblins because of it.

So he was just born with power? Out of everyone in the world; Ganondorf was born with power?
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="RErikku12"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="RErikku12"]Ganondorf was born with one thing, power. That power gave him too much sefl-reliance in it and he needed more. He would do anything to just get more power and I simply think that is why he is evil. Not as wordy as some of yours but thats my opinion lol.GamerGirlPwnz

So he was just born with power? Out of everyone in the world; Ganondorf was born with power?

Uh................yeah.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamerGirlPwnz

[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="RErikku12"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="RErikku12"]Ganondorf was born with one thing, power. That power gave him too much sefl-reliance in it and he needed more. He would do anything to just get more power and I simply think that is why he is evil. Not as wordy as some of yours but thats my opinion lol.789shadow

Uh................yeah.

But then that makes no sense...
pnjjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 pnjjelly
Member since 2005 • 146 Posts
Pretty much Ganondorf started to use steriods and he started having really bad roid rages. Thats why he seems so evil.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JukedSolid
Well, you know how all in Oot the gerudos you meet along the way talk about how they hate men but every once and a while they are born within the tribe?  Well I think that he was just born as a plain old Gerudo male(if a male gerudo is plain) and he perhaps he was raised by the evil witches twinrova but I mostly was under the impression that they were simply his minions.  I just think he grew up in a cold anti-male society where every one of the gerudo women hated him from birth, and from that he developed the malice that is so present in his personality. 
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 *NintendoMania
He was worshipped yet hated. They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge. Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important. The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce. He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of that evil was power. He was raised to kill, and he liked it.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
He was worshipped yet hated. They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge. Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important. The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce. He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of that evil was power. He was raised to kill, and he liked it.nintendomania
True
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendo_fan675
He was worshipped yet hated. They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge. Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important. The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce. He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of that evil was power. He was raised to kill, and he liked it.nintendomania
True
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendo_fan675
True
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GamerGirlPwnz
Hmm...Actually, you're right... And the reason why Ganondorf got into Hyrule was because he was some high ranked guard or someone powerful that was soon to be working under the King of Hyrule....Right? :lol:
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JukedSolid

Well obviously Ganondorf would be let into the castle if he was discussing peace terms with the King.  He is, after all, the leader of the Gerudo's in the western desert.  All this proves is that he did have some power not that he was actually liked by any of the Gerudo theives who served him.  The king would obviously want to discuss peace terms with these dangerous people and that was just the first stage in Ganondorfs "conquer the world" plan.   Put on a facade where the king feels like he is being loyal to him but is actually plotting to destroy his kingdom at the opportune moment.
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RErikku12

Wow, its like you took what I had said and multiplied it by about 1000 lol.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GamerGirlPwnz

[QUOTE="nintendomania"]He was worshipped yet hated.  They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge.  Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important.  The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce.  He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of  that evil was power.  He was raised to kill, and he liked it.RErikku12

:lol: Lol, well I guess it is  nintendomania's opinion, right? :wink: Just kidding :P

[QUOTE="nintendomania"]He was worshipped yet hated.  They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge.  Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important.  The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce.  He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of  that evil was power.  He was raised to kill, and he liked it.JukedSolid

Well obviously Ganondorf would be let into the castle if he was discussing peace terms with the King.  He is, after all, the leader of the Gerudo's in the western desert.  All this proves is that he did have some power not that he was actually liked by any of the Gerudo theives who served him.  The king would obviously want to discuss peace terms with these dangerous people and that was just the first stage in Ganondorfs "conquer the world" plan.   Put on a facade where the king feels like he is being loyal to him but is actually plotting to destroy his kingdom at the opportune moment.

I guess I'll have to agree with that :D Wow, I guess you guys really did think this through :D

And just so you all know, here is the REAL truth :P

Ganondorf's True Nature

*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 *NintendoMania

[QUOTE="nintendomania"]He was worshipped yet hated. They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge. Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important. The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce. He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of that evil was power. He was raised to kill, and he liked it.RErikku12

Thanks lol and GamerGirlPqnz not to be mean but you can't allways trust wikapedia I could go on now and say Ganon was my step-cousin who was Links Father who allways wore a bandana. Truth be told all of these are just opinions there is no verifacation but most of these are based on facts.

I have just been playing Zelda games since I was 4 and I study what happens and have even written a few stories in my space time.  It's all there if you just play through ALL the games.

*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 *NintendoMania
Oh and the Gerudos in TP, there all gone. The jail was all that remains. It is obvious with having only one male every so many years would ruin the government of it. MY opinion is they all mingled in with the people of Hyrule, therefore leading to the spread through out the rest of Hyrule. Their history was forgoten and the Gerudos dissapeared.
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendo_fan675
Oh and the Gerudos in TP, there all gone. The jail was all that remains. It is obvious with having only one male every so many years would ruin the government of it. MY opinion is they all mingled in with the people of Hyrule, therefore leading to the spread through out the rest of Hyrule. Their history was forgoten and the Gerudos dissapeared.nintendomania
I think that's what happend
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GamerGirlPwnz

[QUOTE="RErikku12"][QUOTE="nintendomania"]He was worshipped yet hated. They were jealous and thought he was worthless garbage yet he was the male and traditon probably stated about being in charge. Otherwise how would he get into Hyrule Castle if he wasn't some how important. The power question is easy, Twinrova gave it to him. Soon though their power wasn't enough and he needed the triforce. He wanted total domination and it wasn't given to him. Of course he was evil and the source of that evil was power. He was raised to kill, and he liked it.nintendomania

Thanks lol and GamerGirlPqnz not to be mean but you can't allways trust wikapedia I could go on now and say Ganon was my step-cousin who was Links Father who allways wore a bandana. Truth be told all of these are just opinions there is no verifacation but most of these are based on facts.

I have just been playing Zelda games since I was 4 and I study what happens and have even written a few stories in my space time.  It's all there if you just play through ALL the games.

...But what about interviews with the creators of Zelda? :shock: :lol: I get what you mean. But hey, this thread is here for a reason; so you can express your opinion any way you want :D But don't go crazy and complete randomness :lol: And yes, I agree with you on the Gerudos.... But where did they dissappear to? Where did they go that they could not be found? Did they all commit suicide? :lol:
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JukedSolid
Ok I haven't finished TP yet so I don't exactly know if they are going to be in a flashback or what, but I've got two theories about what could happen to them.  1.  The developers just decided not to include them in this game (kinda duh huh) 2. They reverted back to the idea from Link to the Past that he was just a leader of a band of thieves not necessarily gerudos.  I urge other people to suggest their theories as well cuz this is pretty fun!
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 *NintendoMania
I think is they all kind of left and went silently into society and you know got maried had kids and became a huge part of Hyrule...that way the desert was nothing. But I don't know what made them all of a sudden leave the dessert. Was it because of Gannondorf dissapearance after Orcarina of Time. Mabey they realized their time was up, their leader was a sage, their king was dead (banished), and the witches were killed. There life there was prety much over.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GamerGirlPwnz
Ok I haven't finished TP yet so I don't exactly know if they are going to be in a flashback or what, but I've got two theories about what could happen to them.  1.  The developers just decided not to include them in this game (kinda duh huh) 2. They reverted back to the idea from Link to the Past that he was just a leader of a band of thieves not necessarily gerudos.  I urge other people to suggest their theories as well cuz this is pretty fun!JukedSolid
Cool :D Where are you in Twilight Princess since you said you hadn't finished it yet? Anyways...I think the dissappearence of the Gerudos was caused by... [spoiler] ...the Mirror of Twilight. The Gerudos kept the Mirror of Twilight as a purpose to throw prisoners in it, correct? Well, remember the cutscene where the Sages attempted to lock Ganondorf away? Well, they obviously had to negotiate with the Geudos to obtain the Mirror, right? Or maybe it was the Sages' in the first place, and they could've used it to their will. Regardless, maybe Ganondorf locked the Gerudos into the Mirror [and they turned in Twili People :lol:] and they never returned. Or they felt there was no need to continue staying in the desert guarding prisoners and the Mirror of Twilight since the Sages were there. So then they decided to live regualr lives in Castle Town :D [/spoiler]
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DrumminDoc

Well here's an idea about the Gerudos nobody has proposed. What if, keeping in mind that their leader is the male that is born every century or so, the next heir was never born because Ganondorf never died, he was just exiled. And, I know it is a bit of a jump but, it could be possible that the male leader is some kind of reincarnation loop like slayers (like Buffy- Unto every generation there is born a slayer) or Links. So without Ganondorfs death there was no new heir, no leader and the Gerudos fell apart and were destroyed by Hyrulian guards or Zoras or Gorons protecting themselves from a poorly planned Gerudo attack. That way they either die out or join in with the hylian or human races, losing thier status as their own species. Or you can remember that they were already fighting amongst themselves during the time of OoT. Remember Nabooru, the sage. She wasn't afraid to stand up to her so called leader. If others would have done that after they realized Ganondorf was gone and no new heir appeared there could have been a stuggle for power amongst them.

Whew that was a mouthful . .

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 waZelda
Ok, I guess this topic has changed from "why Ganondorf is evil" to "How did the gerudos dissappear." I must admit it is a more interesting topic. I don't have a clue how it happend, but something that I'm quite sure about is that something big must have happend between TP and OoT. Not only have the gerudos dissappeared, but the Hylians and the Zoras have changed a lot. If you look at the Hylians in OoT, they look like they are from eastern or nothern Europe. In TP however, there are much more people that seem different. If you look at the number of people, Hyrule town must have grown much. Maybe there have been a lot of immigration to Hyrule town or maybe it is all coincidents which the producers haven't been thinking about themself.

Also the Gorons have changed a bit. In OoT, the only Goron I saw that had hair was Darunia, but in TP a lot of them have. Unlike with the Zoras though, this can be the species development through hundreds of years.

I think it is another Hyrule in TP than in OoT, but I can't quite explain why there is Gerudo Mesa:| I don't really find an answer.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamerGirlPwnz
You guys actually made really strong points there... But heres another since DrumminDoc brought up Nabooru. Where did all the Sages go? Remember Ocarina of Time there was Sages for all the temples? By the way, there will be spoilers here :P Ok, so what happened to Saria? I forgot their names, but the girl from the Water Temple? The Goron from the Fire Temple? The Sage and protector of Zelda and the Shadow Temple? And even Nabooru herself. Since this is a bit off-topic I'm going to create a thread for this alone. I'll make the thread called " ~Off-Topic~ Rant About The Unexplained " So check it out :D