crazymicktim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazymicktim
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

I'm curious as to what the concensus opinion is as it pretains to where the series is going to go. Please voice your opinions too.

PuR3SkiLLZ3525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 PuR3SkiLLZ3525
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts
I reckon before the flood- they won't go into the future, because Link will have to get rid of his trademark tunic.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
Well, based purely on the fact that it was said that Twilight Princes would be the last Zelda of it's kind. I'm fairly certain there will be major gameplay changes. with first person being the most likely change. I don't think that this mean that it will also not explain the great flood. So I believe that it's a combo of option 1 and 3.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
A completely different adventure, like Majora's Mask.
crazymicktim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crazymicktim
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

I reckon before the flood- they won't go into the future, because Link will have to get rid of his trademark tunic.PuR3SkiLLZ3525

The tunic may be gone but the green would still probably be intact.

Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts
I think they should make anotehr majoros mask type game, with masks and another place maybe
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I don't think any of those are correct. When Aonuma said the next Zelda games were going to be different, he was probably hinting at a major change in the gameplay, similar to the jump from ALTTP to OOT that revolutionized the industry.

Lore-wise, though, I believe (and hope) that it will remain pretty much the same. I don't ever want to see a futuristic Zelda game. A game set before the events of Wind Waker would be awesome, but that would also mean the defeat and failure of Link at the end of the game for the first time ever. Not to mention, Link wasn't there when Ganon came back, which lead the gods to flood Hyrule.

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
since the new big game will ore than likely be for wii, i'm guessing it will just add in some intricate gameplay that wasn't introduced in the wii version of TP. However, the storyline should still follow the classic link v. gannon battle with perhaps more character development in the next game. What else could a true LoZ gamer want besides more special abilities that are fun to mess around with?
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
I definately want to see the gap between Majora's Mask and the flood. I want it to be like Majora's Mask as much as possible cause that's the best one. Also I hope they never make it futuristic or in first person.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#10 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Zelda game with the legend of the picori. You know that legend you see in the start of MC. That seems like something that could be a game.

Otherwise, there is a big chance we get a PH sequel. Let's remember they set of in WW to find a new land. Well, they didn't find it in PH, so sometime it has to come a game where they do find it. I don't know if the gameplay would be different, but when they reach a new land, there should be new species and new bad guys.

Personally, I don't believe there will ever be a game with the story of the flood. The start of WW cutscenes said that the monster came back, but the hero didn't return. A Zelda game without a hero seems unlikely and a Zelda game where the hero fails seems just as unlikely.

skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
When if Link had to sacrifice himself to kill the last boss? I mean there had to be a reason Link lost his Triforce of Courage. Or was it at the end of OOT? Did he not have it anymore?
mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts
Big flood! Big flood!
cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 cms
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
see my topic I made this up for zelda
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#14 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

When if Link had to sacrifice himself to kill the last boss? I mean there had to be a reason Link lost his Triforce of Courage. Or was it at the end of OOT? Did he not have it anymore? skatrbub54

Well, it could be, but still the legend said the hero didn't return, not that the hero failed (or sacrificed himself). And why should he sacrifice himself to kill the last boss if he can't stop ganondorf anyway. If they made the game like you surgest, I guess it would be one of the darker Zelda games, but I still think it seems unlikely.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

The next game is rebuilding the formula so where probably talking about a traditional style Zelda game with Hyrule and Ganon or Ganondorf. But hes also rebuilding the formula so im expecting the sort of AlttP to OoT jump like someone said above me. However here are other things I would want and they might make, but it wont be the next one:

-Prequal or Sequal to Majora's Mask in termina

-Great flood of Hyrule, now peopel argue this because the hero didin't return. This legend was brief and considering Nintendo this could be turned into twisted words. What about if the TRUE hero didn't return? Imagine Link standing ontop Ganon's Castle, its raining heavily, Link fought bravely but not being the true hero he was struct down. Hes standing near the edge, weak from the wound and exausted. He looks up a bit and can see Zelda out of the corner of his eye. Not being the True Hero, he can't absorb the triforse into his hand, so he put it in his pocket. He feels it warm inside there. Ganondorf approaches. Link looks up at him. Link smiles, he know what he has to do. Link turns around to face the edge, he only takes a few steps before he falls. Zelda stands there, shocked. The last hope had gone. The rain gets heavier. Ganondorf looks dumstruct as well. Zelda puts her head down in her sadness but she sees something shine in the corner of her eye. The Triforse or courage is floating towards her. She holds out her hand, the other triforse make on her hand shines. The triforse of courage fades as it enters her hand. Its gone. Zelda continues to watch her hand. Another Triforse appears near the other one. The rain beomces painfully heavy. Ganondorf turns to face Zelda. Zelda understands now to. She uses her magic to push Ganondorf over. He lsides across the ground. The Rain has turned to waterfalls and Zelda uses her Magic to rise up into the sky, a magic crystal surrounds her that looks like Nayru's love. You see a long shot of Hyrule, the world is flooding but you can see little crystals rising into the sky.

-A whole new adventure continueing from another Link. OoT and MM one maybe?

the_sky_is_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 the_sky_is_up
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

I'm thinking if their is going to be a futuristic Zelda game it might be some what like what you see in the Twilight realm on TP. You know the doors? They where almost futuristic, so maybe they'll have stuff like that but a little more technical then magical.

Just voicing my mind...