NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

We've all read Mr. Eiji Aonuma's controversial interview where he says that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess might be the last Zelda game of its kind. Some fans saw that as a good thing, some just went bonkers and threatened to bombard Nintendo's HQ.

Thing is, nobody really knows what he meant, as his statement was rather vague. So before we even start speculating on the next game, I'd like to ask the LOZU members: What do you think will be different about the next Legend of Zelda ?

Discuss.

fuegochiquito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fuegochiquito
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I think the next zelda will be like Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time or Phantom Hourglass to Wind Waker, look that games i mencionated are the "continue" of very big and massively great games and they don't leave the storyline it is just like i said... a simple continue.

Greetings from Mexico (sorry about the grammar :P).

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NWA_31

I think the next zelda will be like Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time or Phantom Hourglass to Wind Waker, look that games i mencionated are the "continue" of very big and massively great games and they don't leave the storyline it is just like i said... a simple continue.

Greetings from Mexico (sorry about the grammar :P).

fuegochiquito

Ah, like a sequel ? That would be nice.

And don't worry, your grammar's fine. ;)

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#4 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Speeking of sequels, a lot of the Zelda games seem to come in pairs, by story or just simularity. WW - PH, OoT - MM, OoA - OoS, FS - FSA, LoZ - AoL, TP - LCT (if that counts) and maybe ALttP - LA (not sure, but maybe they LA comes after ALttP in the timeline). It seems Minish Cap is the only game that lacks a "partner." Maybe the next game will be a prequel to MC where you are the legendary picory from the legend in the start of Minish Cap.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#5 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think it will offer different gameplay because the Wii can make the series feel fresh and different like Super Mario Galaxy. I think with the Wiis capabilities it should offer more gameplay elments.
shionone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 shionone
Member since 2003 • 4670 Posts
I see them really shaking things up and keeping the series on the Wii. I think the days of Link like he is is here not so kiddy but the games play will be different. Maybe I read too much into it, but think they are really planning something big along the lines of the change from FF VIIII to FFX BIG DIFFERENCE! I think Nintendo has the Wii and all the capabilities to pull it off and make a gazillion. Who doesn't love a good Zelda game?
knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 knilybrik
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

Speeking of sequels, a lot of the Zelda games seem to come in pairs, by story or just simularity. WW - PH, OoT - MM, OoA - OoS, FS - FSA, LoZ - AoL, TP - LCT (if that counts) and maybe ALttP - LA (not sure, but maybe they LA comes after ALttP in the timeline). It seems Minish Cap is the only game that lacks a "partner." Maybe the next game will be a prequel to MC where you are the legendary picory from the legend in the start of Minish Cap.waZelda

Whats LCT stand for?

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NWA_31

[QUOTE="waZelda"]Speeking of sequels, a lot of the Zelda games seem to come in pairs, by story or just simularity. WW - PH, OoT - MM, OoA - OoS, FS - FSA, LoZ - AoL, TP - LCT (if that counts) and maybe ALttP - LA (not sure, but maybe they LA comes after ALttP in the timeline). It seems Minish Cap is the only game that lacks a "partner." Maybe the next game will be a prequel to MC where you are the legendary picory from the legend in the start of Minish Cap.knilybrik

Whats LCT stand for?

Link's Crossbow Training.

enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
I think that most likely they will modify it but it will still have the same key items and ideas.(Like Super Mario Galaxy.)
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
I think they're gonna tweak the gameplay a little and then change the style of the game a little. I hope it still has the old Zelda feeling though and towns, people, fun sidequests and just be like the Zelda games I love.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
They should try something really imaginitive, like Majoras Mask.
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skatrbub54
If it was anything like MM it would be one of the best games ever. I really want them to make the next one like that one. MM was just too good I can't explain it.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ash10692
I don't think they could pull off the three day thing again though
Neo_Ike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Neo_Ike
Member since 2007 • 10682 Posts

They should try something really imaginitive, like Majoras Mask.ash10692
Majora was Way inovative to say the least, but messinjg with the three day period again might be something most people wouldn't like, Good thing I'm the exception:D

Also, a Completly new scenery wouldn't be bad for the series, as loong as they don't mess with the Original Zelda plot (Still not sure if Ganon would/should Return:?)

skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skatrbub54
I want to see a return of Majora. Or the people who created the mask. Could be an assortment of epic bosses.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
Maybe the next one should have an all winter theme of some sorts, and I don't mean like The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, were you have to break a curse or anything like that, I just mean maybe make it so the game takes place in the winter.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ash10692
The two above posts are fantastic ideas!
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
A Majora-ish game would be good and all but I would like what the Zelda series does best. Releasing something in which we had no idea about, keeps us surprised and well rounded.
knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 knilybrik
[QUOTE="knilybrik"]

[QUOTE="waZelda"]Speeking of sequels, a lot of the Zelda games seem to come in pairs, by story or just simularity. WW - PH, OoT - MM, OoA - OoS, FS - FSA, LoZ - AoL, TP - LCT (if that counts) and maybe ALttP - LA (not sure, but maybe they LA comes after ALttP in the timeline). It seems Minish Cap is the only game that lacks a "partner." Maybe the next game will be a prequel to MC where you are the legendary picory from the legend in the start of Minish Cap.NWA_31

Whats LCT stand for?

Link's Crossbow Training.

oooohhh gotcha

zeldafreak7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeldafreak7
Member since 2008 • 8036 Posts
i think it will be about the same, but still very good. It would be cool if you teamed up with your "partners" (ezlo, midna, the fairy thing, ect.).They might also change the setting. Gamepro once was complaining about the general story and setting being the same in every zelda game. I think that nintendo is working on a zelda game right now.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MaceKhan
i think it will be about the same, but still very good. It would be cool if you teamed up with your "partners" (ezlo, midna, the fairy thing, ect.).They might also change the setting. Gamepro once was complaining about the general story and setting being the same in every zelda game. I think that nintendo is working on a zelda game right now.zeldafreak7
That's the word on the street.
amazingdumner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 amazingdumner
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts

ive read that beforwe and when i searched it again for old memorys it said Ocarina of time shall be the last of its kind

then bam majoras mask lol i mean omg that guy is show off sometimes but hes my hero for zelda games!

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MaceKhan

ive read that beforwe and when i searched it again for old memorys it said Ocarina of time shall be the last of its kind

then bam majoras mask lol i mean omg that guy is show off sometimes but hes my hero for zelda games!

amazingdumner
Really? I didn't know they said that about OoT.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NWA_31

amazingdumner

I don't think Aonuma was in charge back then, so it must have been Shigeru Miyamoto. This quote comes from the 'new' Zelda director, Eiji Aonuma.

knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 knilybrik
I heard they might make a 3-D remake of alttp
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waZelda

I heard they might make a 3-D remake of alttpknilybrik

I belive all that was said was that he had though about it. Nothing was confirmed, so it seems more like an inprobable idea. I don't think it will ever be made.

knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 knilybrik

[QUOTE="knilybrik"]I heard they might make a 3-D remake of alttpwaZelda

I belive all that was said was that he had though about it. Nothing was confirmed, so it seems more like an inprobable idea. I don't think it will ever be made.

I don't really see it working very well either, changing 2-D to 3-D

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MaceKhan
[QUOTE="waZelda"]

[QUOTE="knilybrik"]I heard they might make a 3-D remake of alttpknilybrik

I don't really see it working very well either, changing 2-D to 3-D

Of course they could make it work. The real question is would it be worth it?
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waZelda
I'm sure they could make it a good game, but I would prefer a Zelda game with a new story. I guess it would probably be a nostalgic game for those who played it when it came out and liked it better than I did, but I'd rather see them make something new.
amazingdumner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 amazingdumner
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts
heck i love the story line i just always look foward to killing gannon/gannondorf deciding on if they include i was dissapointed in majoras mask that was way different with masks and all
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I'm expecting a major change to gameplay, my predictions are this could happen in two ways. Either use the Wii-mote more and make the game partially or fully first person, akin to the Elder Scrolls series. The success of Oblivion would also tempt Nintendo into following a similiar path.

Another possible change would be to change up the combat, but keep it third person, use Zelda as a main character for example, give her more flourishing moves, dodging combat with 1 hit kills with the sword, a chain whip or something always accessable, make combat flow more as opposed to links hack n' slash style.

knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 knilybrik
:idea: What if zelda could be the main character or something that would be soo cool using like 20 different arrows or somethin
cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 cms
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

i think that there will be a sequel to TP because there is always a sequel to 3-d LoZ games

such as:

OoT---->MM

WW---->PH

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MaceKhan

i think that there will be a sequel to TP because there is always a sequel to 3-d LoZ games

such as:

OoT---->MM

WW---->PH

cms
Its possible, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that Link.
Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts
I bet the story will be different, hopefully more like twp (with the overall mature theme).
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
I think it will be similar to Twilight Princess, maybe a sequel, with tweaked gameplay. Ideally, it would use the Wii Motion Plus, because that would be epic.
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HylianHeart
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
I would really like to see improved gameplay, by that I mean that I want a game that has the same difficulty as OoT (Without cheats and strategy guides ;) ). I also think that it will be different, maybe like a WW thing cuz they said that TP would be the last; which makes me sad because I am perfectly happy with the Zelda style. Although they said OoT would be the last, and that wasn't true (in my opinion anyway). But I know that they need to freshen up. The thing is that with games that have such a following like Mario and Zelda, if you mess too much with it the fans might get angry. With that said I don't think (hope) that they'll stray to far from the origional. They are smarter than that.