KingSigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 KingSigy
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts
During the game, I couldn't help but notice that the hidden skill trainer is left handed (Right on the Wii). Does this mean that the trainer is a past incarnation of Link, or the Hero of Time himself?
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
Someone somewhere came up with the idea that the swordsman is indeed Link from Majora's Mask.  The theory was that on his way back from Termina, Link became lost in the Lost Woods and turned into a Stalfos.  Still, he wasn't evil in nature, so he stuck around waiting for a new hero to arise, and lo and behold Link from Twilight Princess showed up.  It calls for a good deal of speculation, but I like it.
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 *NintendoMania
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
I highly dissagree, in WW it says the hero vanished. My theory is that Link died. No one can live forever. (Except Ganon but he's hardly human.) When he died his soul was attached to teach the chosen ones, he said if I remember right wich I probably don't, that he finished what he needed to do, because he taught no one and then he died leaving a leagsy of his super moves. His soul couldn't leave until he taught the next chosen one then. To me that makes sence but its all guessing.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
I highly dissagree, in WW it says the hero vanished. My theory is that Link died. No one can live forever. (Except Ganon but he's hardly human.) When he died his soul was attached to teach the chosen ones, he said if I remember right wich I probably don't, that he finished what he needed to do, because he taught no one and then he died leaving a leagsy of his super moves. His soul couldn't leave until he taught the next chosen one then. To me that makes sence but its all guessing.nintendomania
Then again this is a game. I dont really know but i think he might just be one of the Legendary Hyalian knights.
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#5 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts
I've got implemented in my mind that he's just a dead Link. Of course, this is Zelda, and spirits of the dead still can find their way to the surface of the world, and be visible. (correct? or is it just when you visit tombstones you see the spirits?) So why can't a dead Link's spirit just live on like all the others?
Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
A dead TALKING Link. Yeah, that's possible.
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aravix
Did you even read the whole post?
Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Did you even read the whole post?Aravix

Yes.

zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeldafreak4life
Did you even read the whole post?Aravix
Chances are that it isnt link. I too thought it was him when i first saw that.
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aravix
[QUOTE="Aravix"]Did you even read the whole post?zeldafreak4life
Chances are that it isnt link. I too thought it was him when i first saw that.

Nobody has any proof of who it is. Link is the best idea, because it'd seem to be that he's passing down moves to another generation. There's no other reasonable answer, I don't believe. I mean, there's the people in WW and MC who teach you moves (other games as well, probably, I just forgot), but only a true and experienced hero is going to teach you ALL these moves. If you have any other idea of who it might be, please share your idea, because I'd love to hear it. :) Because I just don't see a simple legendary knight... I mean, why?
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Someone somewhere came up with the idea that the swordsman is indeed Link from Majora's Mask.  The theory was that on his way back from Termina, Link became lost in the Lost Woods and turned into a Stalfos.  Still, he wasn't evil in nature, so he stuck around waiting for a new hero to arise, and lo and behold Link from Twilight Princess showed up.  It calls for a good deal of speculation, but I like it.ocarina_jedi

That's a good theory.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]Someone somewhere came up with the idea that the swordsman is indeed Link from Majora's Mask. The theory was that on his way back from Termina, Link became lost in the Lost Woods and turned into a Stalfos. Still, he wasn't evil in nature, so he stuck around waiting for a new hero to arise, and lo and behold Link from Twilight Princess showed up. It calls for a good deal of speculation, but I like it.NWA_31

That's a good theory.

I dunno, I was under the impression that Link (even though he's a Hylian) was immune to the effects of the Lost Woods. I mean he wandered around in the woods for days or even weeks in Ocarina and while looking for Navi. That guy you get Cojiro (the blue Cuckoo) from turned into a stalfos in maybe half a day. Somehow it seems odd to me that Link just had a delayed effect or temporary immunity. Seems more likely that Link is immune to the Lost Woods.
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zeldafreak4life

It would be cool if we send a massive letter to the staff of TP asking for the real answers. Like everybody from Every Zelda Union's name. I know they wont respond but still.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
I think that OoT Link continued his qy=uest for Navy and if u read the Evil Link article on the home page that might of happened, or he found something really powerful or it could be anything, however i think Link from OoT might have found something very powerful and never returned to Hyrule for reasons unknown. I dont think the Stalfos are Link or any other Link. I think he was just a Hylian Knight, r here's a thought: You know those trainers from MC? That thought u all the moves? One of them was a ghost. It could of been him or someone of simularity.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]Someone somewhere came up with the idea that the swordsman is indeed Link from Majora's Mask. The theory was that on his way back from Termina, Link became lost in the Lost Woods and turned into a Stalfos. Still, he wasn't evil in nature, so he stuck around waiting for a new hero to arise, and lo and behold Link from Twilight Princess showed up. It calls for a good deal of speculation, but I like it.metroid_dragon

That's a good theory.

I dunno, I was under the impression that Link (even though he's a Hylian) was immune to the effects of the Lost Woods. I mean he wandered around in the woods for days or even weeks in Ocarina and while looking for Navi. That guy you get Cojiro (the blue Cuckoo) from turned into a stalfos in maybe half a day. Somehow it seems odd to me that Link just had a delayed effect or temporary immunity. Seems more likely that Link is immune to the Lost Woods.

Maybe because he wasn't lost... I think that Kokiri Girl in the Lost Woods, the one that gives you the saw for the biggoron sword quest, said something about peoploe turning into a Stalfos when they get lost ? So maybe Link was okay in OOT because he didn't get lost ? I dont know just speculating :P

sanadamurasama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 sanadamurasama
Member since 2006 • 876 Posts
I think it is possible that it could be qa sheikah, they were supposed to be powerful warriors weren't they
kirby2198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 kirby2198
Member since 2006 • 909 Posts
I think it is possible that it could be a sheikah, they were supposed to be powerful warriors weren't theysanadamurasama

no...[spoiler] the sheikah are all gone for the old lady impaz that lives in the hidden village. [/spoiler] it's probable just a stalfoe was once a human swordsman. or it could just be his ancestor from century ago.

cof* cof* Hero of Time cof*cof*cof* or his spirit or somethin:?
Embryoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Embryoman
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

I think maybe MM Link found Navi then returned to Hyrule. I think after growing old he began to teach his skills like a trainer to a student. After Links death, the student felt like there was something about link that he never found out. He does research, such as breaking into the castle to read old documents and questioning the Deku tree. He eventually finds out the truth behind his masters past. He decides that he wants to become as great a swordsman as link, so he ventures off to all the destinations Link traveled to on his search for the master sword (I'm not sure if he ever knew of the temples, since there was little evidence to suggest what EXACTLY link did after he pulled the master sword and woke up seven years later). After stumbling upon the lost woods, he decides to venture further in but eventually becomes lost and becomes a stalfos. The student, having been taught by link himself, was the only one left to pass on his moves. The gods see this and has the students spirit wait around for the next link, so that TP link could handle the dangers that will befall him. After he finishes teaching Link all he knows, the students spirit can finally rest in peace...

The TP trainer shows a lot of respect towards OoT link, such as how when you fail at performing a move, he said something about you disgracing Link (or seomthing like that i dont remember). Please post your opinions about this, and if anything contradicts i can see if i can try to fix it.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 metroid_dragon

I think maybe MM Link found Navi then returned to Hyrule. I think after growing old he began to teach his skills like a trainer to a student. After Links death, the student felt like there was something about link that he never found out. He does research, such as breaking into the castle to read old documents and questioning the Deku tree. He eventually finds out the truth behind his masters past. He decides that he wants to become as great a swordsman as link, so he ventures off to all the destinations Link traveled to on his search for the master sword (I'm not sure if he ever knew of the temples, since there was little evidence to suggest what EXACTLY link did after he pulled the master sword and woke up seven years later). After stumbling upon the lost woods, he decides to venture further in but eventually becomes lost and becomes a stalfos. The student, having been taught by link himself, was the only one left to pass on his moves. The gods see this and has the students spirit wait around for the next link, so that TP link could handle the dangers that will befall him. After he finishes teaching Link all he knows, the students spirit can finally rest in peace...

The TP trainer shows a lot of respect towards OoT link, such as how when you fail at performing a move, he said something about you disgracing Link (or seomthing like that i dont remember). Please post your opinions about this, and if anything contradicts i can see if i can try to fix it.Embryoman

It was my understanding that nothing link accomplished as an adults ever technically took place, it's debatable whether Link himself remembers any of it. In addition, it's completely plausible that Zelda warped him back before he undertook any of those quests, including the ones he did as a child. I don't see how there could be any records of his deeds. In addition, the Hero's Shade also said to link "my child" as his final words. I think that's somewhat significant. The theory of Link turning Stalfo's seems the most plausible to me. There are holes it it, but I think we might be able to fix it up.

Maybe because he wasn't lost... I think that Kokiri Girl in the Lost Woods, the one that gives you the saw for the biggoron sword quest, said something about peoploe turning into a Stalfos when they get lost ? So maybe Link was okay in OOT because he didn't get lost ? I dont know just speculating :PNWA_31

Hey, I got lost in the woods dozens of times before I learnt the secret. All it did was warp me back to the entrance :P Maybe it's not an innate ability of the Kokori that make them immune to Stalfosization, but rather something that they do, something that they eat, maybe just living in the forest long enough makes you immune, and since Link did live with them that would make him immune as well. But since he left the village, that immunity will surely wear off eventually! Thus, Link turns Stalfos whilst looking for Navi.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NWA_31

I think maybe MM Link found Navi then returned to Hyrule. I think after growing old he began to teach his skills like a trainer to a student. After Links death, the student felt like there was something about link that he never found out. He does research, such as breaking into the castle to read old documents and questioning the Deku tree. He eventually finds out the truth behind his masters past. He decides that he wants to become as great a swordsman as link, so he ventures off to all the destinations Link traveled to on his search for the master sword (I'm not sure if he ever knew of the temples, since there was little evidence to suggest what EXACTLY link did after he pulled the master sword and woke up seven years later). After stumbling upon the lost woods, he decides to venture further in but eventually becomes lost and becomes a stalfos. The student, having been taught by link himself, was the only one left to pass on his moves. The gods see this and has the students spirit wait around for the next link, so that TP link could handle the dangers that will befall him. After he finishes teaching Link all he knows, the students spirit can finally rest in peace...

The TP trainer shows a lot of respect towards OoT link, such as how when you fail at performing a move, he said something about you disgracing Link (or seomthing like that i dont remember). Please post your opinions about this, and if anything contradicts i can see if i can try to fix it.

Embryoman

But according to the legend in WW, he just vanished one day and never really came back

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NWA_31

Hey, I got lost in the woods dozens of times before I learnt the secret. All it did was warp me back to the entrance :P Maybe it's not an innate ability of the Kokori that make them immune to Stalfosization, but rather something that they do, something that they eat, maybe just living in the forest long enough makes you immune, and since Link did live with them that would make him immune as well. But since he left the village, that immunity will surely wear off eventually! Thus, Link turns Stalfos whilst looking for Navi.metroid_dragon

But how come Adult Link was okay ? I mean, according to you, his immunity wore off when he was a child (After MM) so how could he still be immune 7 years later ?

Imo, Link never really got lost...because he somehow manages to return to Kokiri Forest when he goes in the wrong direction.

Embryoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Embryoman
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="Embryoman"]

NWA_31

But according to the legend in WW, he just vanished one day and never really came back

According to the split timeline though, the hero of time was just in the other timeline while WW events were happening.
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 *NintendoMania
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
All I can say is its Link.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="Embryoman"]

Embryoman

According to the split timeline though, the hero of time was just in the other timeline while WW events were happening.

Yeah...but problem is, there's no real timeline, see?  They're just made by fans. Every Zelda game is like another quest for Link, that's what I think anyway...

ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#26 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
The problem is that there wasn't  a timeline until Ocarina of Time.  After that, Miyamoto realized that the series needed some continuity.  Since then, I think every game has been telling one more little part of the story.  Everything is very slowly being tied together.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 metroid_dragon

[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"] Hey, I got lost in the woods dozens of times before I learnt the secret. All it did was warp me back to the entrance :P Maybe it's not an innate ability of the Kokori that make them immune to Stalfosization, but rather something that they do, something that they eat, maybe just living in the forest long enough makes you immune, and since Link did live with them that would make him immune as well. But since he left the village, that immunity will surely wear off eventually! Thus, Link turns Stalfos whilst looking for Navi.NWA_31

But how come Adult Link was okay ? I mean, according to you, his immunity wore off when he was a child (After MM) so how could he still be immune 7 years later ?

Imo, Link never really got lost...because he somehow manages to return to Kokiri Forest when he goes in the wrong direction.

That's a good point. I see a couple of possibilties. 1) The immunity just takes many (8+ years) to wear off, and Link turned into a stalfo's later in his life. This would also explain why the Hero's Shade is an adult-sized skeleton. 2) Maybe the faries protect people from turning into Stalfos, even if they don't know they do. Their presense might warp off whatever causes stalfosization.