yigisina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 yigisina
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
I think to truly reach perfection this game needs to combine the awesome dungeons of Ocarina with the fantastic side-quests and time elements of MM (not a 3 day limit, but different things happening at different times) such as the pick pocket and UFO incidents(which I loved because of the horse archery.) These tasks should be made necessary for the character. In MM you needed at least 3 bottles which forced you into side-quests. I know there will be a lantern for caves and night-time exploration but I really want to feel a sense of time in the Link's normal world. What new elements or elements from old Zelda games would you like to see in Twilight Princess?  
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

I think to truly reach perfection this game needs to combine the awesome dungeons of Ocarina with the fantastic side-quests and time elements of MM (not a 3 day limit, but different things happening at different times) such as the pick pocket and UFO incidents(which I loved because of the horse archery.) These tasks should be made necessary for the character. In MM you needed at least 3 bottles which forced you into side-quests. I know there will be a lantern for caves and night-time exploration but I really want to feel a sense of time in the Link's normal world. What new elements or elements from old Zelda games would you like to see in Twilight Princess?   yigisina

well it already is quite like OoT but making the dungeons from OoT appear in it would amazing

woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

I really wouldn't want to be 'forced' into sidequests in TP. Sidequests should be totally optional, there will also be similar dungeons in TP as OoT, we've already seen TP's version of the Forest Temple.

As for the question, I'd really like to see great large Bosses, cool new items and a great story. I would also be pleased if Ganon made an appearence.

yigisina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yigisina
I think i'll use "encourage" as better term, but I seriously loved MMs side-quests, and I wouldn't have discovered many of them if I wasn't "encouraged" to when I needed a certain number of bottles to carry Zora eggs. The side-quests were also quite lenghty and often had a nice mini story to go along with them. This helped the characters seem more realistic in the sense that they all had their own problems and made Link seem more of a heroic character.  
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
I would also love to see a ton of side quests.  But if you want to have the ones where certain things happen at certain times of the day, you would almost have to have something like the 3 day system where everything repeats or else you would miss your chance to do lots of stuff.  They'd have to have the game repeat itself every week or so.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

I dont think TP will be perfect! i know there will be a few bugs and glitches but it will the closest thing to perfect in the nintendo gamecube library!

SaintPeter33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 SaintPeter33
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
its gonna be great man
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imnotwhite
its gonna be great manSaintPeter33
no duh btw great sig!
yigisina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yigisina

I would also love to see a ton of side quests.  But if you want to have the ones where certain things happen at certain times of the day, you would almost have to have something like the 3 day system where everything repeats or else you would miss your chance to do lots of stuff.  They'd have to have the game repeat itself every week or so. ocarina_jedi

The only fault of the 3 day system was the dungeons. I had to restart a temple because I was running out of time and then I couldn't remember how far I went and got very annoyed. If a similiar system was used but didn't apply to dungeons it would work rather well. If it was used I would also like the NPCs to remember if you helped them so they wouldn't get into the same problems again. It worked for MM because you travelled back in time, but I doubt thats the case for TP.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 imnotwhite

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]I would also love to see a ton of side quests.  But if you want to have the ones where certain things happen at certain times of the day, you would almost have to have something like the 3 day system where everything repeats or else you would miss your chance to do lots of stuff.  They'd have to have the game repeat itself every week or so. yigisina

The only fault of the 3 day system was the dungeons. I had to restart a temple because I was running out of time and then I couldn't remember how far I went and got very annoyed. If a similiar system was used but didn't apply to dungeons it would work rather well. If it was used I would also like the NPCs to remember if you helped them so they wouldn't get into the same problems again. It worked for MM because you travelled back in time, but I doubt thats the case for TP.

didnt you slow down time? or do the "high sidequest"
yigisina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yigisina
[QUOTE="yigisina"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]I would also love to see a ton of side quests.  But if you want to have the ones where certain things happen at certain times of the day, you would almost have to have something like the 3 day system where everything repeats or else you would miss your chance to do lots of stuff.  They'd have to have the game repeat itself every week or so. imnotwhite

[QUOTE="yigisina"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]I would also love to see a ton of side quests.  But if you want to have the ones where certain things happen at certain times of the day, you would almost have to have something like the 3 day system where everything repeats or else you would miss your chance to do lots of stuff.  They'd have to have the game repeat itself every week or so. imnotwhite

I did slow down time, but I was still runing out of time during the boss battle. As it was Great Bay Temple I had to try and redo all of the pipe puzzles etc... all over again and back track to tons of rooms. This annoyed me so much that I started the game again. I didn't get very far though. I still got that file saved, so I'll use a walkthrough and try to continue from there during my Christmas holiday.     

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imnotwhite

ok good luck with that!

btw try using ice arrows!

IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
It will be the best game ever.
LeafyTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 LeafyTree
Member since 2005 • 6434 Posts
i agree!
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 dafuzzaymonkay
Member since 2005 • 5961 Posts

me too

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

I would also love to see a ton of side quests.  But if you want to have the ones where certain things happen at certain times of the day, you would almost have to have something like the 3 day system where everything repeats or else you would miss your chance to do lots of stuff.  They'd have to have the game repeat itself every week or so. ocarina_jedi

Yeah that would be cool, but I felt some of them rushed you too much.

Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
Really, gameplay wise for perfection Nintendo seems set.  I agree with the poster that there should be sidequests similar to MM which were all very fun :).  As for dungeons maybe including the dungeons somewhere in the game maybe not for a full fledged dungeon but maybe a sidequest.  Now that all this extra development time exists they can really stick in a few extras if time allows (which there should be some small fragment left).
sithlordJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 sithlordJ
Member since 2005 • 330 Posts

They should introduce a game with 3 or more ages (I.E. starting game:year zero.then other of -500,1500,-3000,etc)that you can switch between with a good use of the butterfly effect, in other words a cause-consequense chaos!!!That would make side quests very cool, and would help A LOT in containing multiple endings.

(Chrono trigger,anyone?)