Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wytefire
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
Hey everyone, this is THE thread to discuss timeline theories. Post what you think on how the all the LoZ games link together, and how the '05 Zelda title will fit into the whole timeline. Let's get this ball rollin' people!

I believe all Zelda games come in pairs: LoZ and AoL had the same Link.The same goes for LA & AlttP and OoT & MM. So the new '05 Zelda will probably have the same Link from WW, but he has (obviously) grown up. But I don't know what order the pairs come in, and it doesn't make a lot of sense if Ganondorf is in the new '05 Zelda. It looked like Link pretty much killed him this time. Having a sword rammed through your head will do that :) . Thoughts?
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 AaronElWhite
Member since 2003 • 1402 Posts
What he didn't mention is that we're going to pool together our thoughts and post what we collectively think the timeline is on the main page.
Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wytefire
What he didn't mention is that we're going to pool together our thoughts and post what we collectively think the timeline is on the main page.Mister_Slice
LOL. Sorry, I just got ahead of myself. But he's right. So post!
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
If you have ever beaten OoT you know that you are returned to kid link in the ending credits. My theory is that the new one will take place after that kid link grows up since he technically didn't destry gannon because he went back in time. lol
Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wytefire
If you have ever beaten OoT you know that you are returned to kid link in the ending credits. My theory is that the new one will take place after that kid link grows up since he technically didn't destry gannon because he went back in time. lolSizzletop

Wow, I never thought of it that way :shock: That's why we have this thread. None of us alone can make the perfect timeline. We all notice different things. Keep up the good work :)
Beaver_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Beaver_Ben
Member since 2003 • 423 Posts

If you try this site they have a few ideas about the timeline of Zelda.

http://www.kasuto.net/

Make sure U click on University of Hyrule!

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sizzletop
[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]If you have ever beaten OoT you know that you are returned to kid link in the ending credits. My theory is that the new one will take place after that kid link grows up since he technically didn't destry gannon because he went back in time. lolWytefire

Wow, I never thought of it that way :shock: That's why we have this thread. None of us alone can make the perfect timeline. We all notice different things. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks lol:P
Beaver_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Beaver_Ben
So what game in the seris comes first then(talking story here)? The first legend of Zelda? Or A link to the past? or wut?
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sizzletop
UH................................................:shock:I havent thought this through Id have to play and beat them all (Again) :P lol psp sucks
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sizzletop
Although, using my theory makes it hard to tell when Majora's Mask was
Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wytefire
Although, using my theory makes it hard to tell when Majora's Mask wasSizzletop

Maybe it's an alternate reality of OoT, created by time traveling. And what is the first Zelda game chronologically? Good question. I've heard that the order is AlttP, LA, OoT, MM, LoZ, AoL, and then WW. i forgot where I saw this , as it was a while ago. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please post.
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sizzletop
I FIGURED IT OUT EURIKIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after OoT he goes searching for his fairy wich is a well known fact that that is why he is wandering in the woods. the skull kid takes his horse and he goes after him. he is transported into termina. After you beat MM you go back to hyrule. theese are all well known facts. I am not making this up. And for the discussion there must be at least 2 links because in Wind Waker it takes place 100 years in the future.
Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wytefire
I FIGURED IT OUT EURIKIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after OoT he goes searching for his fairy wich is a well known fact that that is why he is wandering in the woods. the skull kid takes his horse and he goes after him. he is transported into termina. After you beat MM you go back to hyrule. theese are all well known facts. I am not making this up. And for the discussion there must be at least 2 links because in Wind Waker it takes place 100 years in the future.Sizzletop

Sure, that explains the connection between those games, but what about the other games. And I'm pretty sure there has to be at least 2 Links, unless he doesn't age...
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sizzletop
At least 2 probobly closer to 6. And I was just tring to follow up my post and find a place for MM sorry if I ranted to much.lol psp sucks
Beaver_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Beaver_Ben

Although, using my theory makes it hard to tell when Majora's Mask wasSizzletop

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda

I think these games in this order make sense. I'm not sure about the rest!

Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wytefire

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]Although, using my theory makes it hard to tell when Majora's Mask wasBeaver_Ben

The Legend of Zelda

How do these games fit together. Just curious, 'cause I don't see it
LoZfreak32191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LoZfreak32191
Member since 2005 • 253 Posts

Here's what I think: (prepares to write a very long post):

Ocarina of Time and all games after it are their own saga. All Pre-OoT games are in a different storyline altogether. So OoT starts off a new saga because link was not a trained warrior in the start of the game. Then he travels in time...blah blah...kills ganon, then has to be sent back to his childhood. In between the seven years he originally spent sleeping in the Temple of Time, Link sets off on a few quests: Majoras Mask (to look for navi) was a few months after he was sent back. In the few months he was back he met Zelda again and become friends. Zelda then gives Link the ocarina again (you get that idea from MM) and he sets off on his little journey (MM).

After that, he comes back to hyrule and is soon summoned by the triforce for another quest (Oracles). In that journey they mention the triangle on the back of his hand and comments how mysterious it is. So my guess is Link really doesn't ever remember killing ganon in that future that now never happened. So by the end of these quests Link is once again established a hero in hyrule. Here is my first guess on where this new game will pick up. Ganon will somehow break free from the Sacred Realm. I got this one story off of a website, that was really cool, but it wasn't official or anything. It was just sort of a fanfic on how the whole Legend goes. Anyway the story said that Ganon got released from the Dark Realm by the witchcraft of the two witches (Twinrova) who were never killed now. I thought that was a cool idea. So then the new game kicks off with ganon's return and revenge. I also think that this would be the game that has Hyrule's flooding in it, leading to Wind Waker (like a PREQUEL)

A couple hundred years after that (maybe, maybe not) Wind Waker happens then my second guess where the new zelda would be is after WW. So I think the new game is either a prequel or sequel to WW.

I haven't played Minish Cap yet so I don't know where that would go. And the other Zelda saga would be something like:

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA

This is my theory.

P.S. If anyone wants to check out that Zelda story I read its at www.nintendoland.com/zelda/murdora/story and it's updated every now and then. It's been a while since I went to the website to see updates, but it's a pretty cool story.

Beaver_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Beaver_Ben
[QUOTE="Beaver_Ben"]

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]Although, using my theory makes it hard to tell when Majora's Mask wasWytefire

The Legend of Zelda

How do these games fit together. Just curious, 'cause I don't see it

http://www.kasuto.net/ Check out this stie they have a whole timeline here!

Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wytefire
Wait a sec, I just realized something. Link in WW is not actually Link. They say that several times throughout the game. Just thought I'd say that. I just remembered it. It might change some theories. Who knows...
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 AaronElWhite
Member since 2003 • 1402 Posts
I'm gonna have to unsticky this so I can move something up and keep the top of the board somewhat uncluttered. Just continue to bump this thread, if need be, until you have enough information collected to write up something for the front page.
Barmy_Brat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Barmy_Brat
Member since 2004 • 1350 Posts

Yeah it works in pairs, I think we can all agree on that. I dont think there is any way to tell which Link came first. I would say OoT and MM Link came first mainly cause Ganondorf was human at the time, oh and this is the same Link from the Oracle games. Then came WW cause it was a follow up to OoT, the castle was underwater and you see all the paintings of the Sages. The new Zelda supposedly takes place afterwards. Later on I think ALTTP happend, afterwards LA happend. He is probably the same Link in the original Zelda cause that Link was already a warrior, and of course Zelda II happend right after. I have no clue where Minish Cap fits in.dvader654

Hit the nail on the head.

OoT is the story of the Hero Ot Time, the very first Link to exist. After OoT, things get tricky. Some people believe the timeline splits (OoT future and OoT present), but some people think that the OoT future disappears when Link goes back in time. Anyway, after OoT comes Wind Waker, and this is the last appearance of human Ganondorf (I believe). The new Zelda probably fits in here. Then ALTTP, as it refers directly to OoT. LA is next, then it goes LoZ and LoZ 2 .

That is the best timeline we can come up with. This is excluding the hard-to-place Oracle games. The Minish Cap and Four Swords Adventures either happen before OoT, or in a totally different dimension. It is impossible to tell.

Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wytefire

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Yeah it works in pairs, I think we can all agree on that. I dont think there is any way to tell which Link came first. I would say OoT and MM Link came first mainly cause Ganondorf was human at the time, oh and this is the same Link from the Oracle games. Then came WW cause it was a follow up to OoT, the castle was underwater and you see all the paintings of the Sages. The new Zelda supposedly takes place afterwards. Later on I think ALTTP happend, afterwards LA happend. He is probably the same Link in the original Zelda cause that Link was already a warrior, and of course Zelda II happend right after. I have no clue where Minish Cap fits in.Barmy_Brat

Hit the nail on the head.

OoT is the story of the Hero Ot Time, the very first Link to exist. After OoT, things get tricky. Some people believe the timeline splits (OoT future and OoT present), but some people think that the OoT future disappears when Link goes back in time. Anyway, after OoT comes Wind Waker, and this is the last appearance of human Ganondorf (I believe). The new Zelda probably fits in here. Then ALTTP, as it refers directly to OoT. LA is next, then it goes LoZ and LoZ 2 .

That is the best timeline we can come up with. This is excluding the hard-to-place Oracle games. The Minish Cap and Four Swords Adventures either happen before OoT, or in a totally different dimension. It is impossible to tell.

What about MM. And does anyone know where FS, FSA, and MC fit in. I think the Oracles come after WW, because he probably comes across Labrynna and Holodrum while looking for a new Hyrule. I think that makes sense
Barmy_Brat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Barmy_Brat
Member since 2004 • 1350 Posts

Woops, forgot Majora's Mask.

Despite whether or not you believe the single or split timeline theories, MM comes directly after OoT.

Like I said, the Oracles are hard to place. Your guess is as good as mine.

And finally, TMC is a prequel to the Four Swords stories. Where these stories actually fit into the timeline, we don't know. They could very well be in a different dimension.

Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wytefire
Okay, so here's the order I have so far:OoT-WW-OoA-OoS-Alttp-La-LoZ-AoL. MM is an offshoot of OoT, and God knows where Fs and MC goes
Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wytefire
I was thinking that Link came across Labrynna and Holodrum in his search for a new Hyrule, but I forgot about Impa and the other characters from OoT. I'M SO CONFUSED!!! So I"ts OoT, OoA, OoS, WW, Alttp, La, LoZ, then AoL, with MM being an offshoot of MM. Does anyone know where MC and Fs fit in? Someone has to know. We have 200+ members. C'mon guys! And you know how in the beginning of WW the story is talking about how Ganon came back, but the Hero of Time did not save them? Maybe because he was in an alternate dimension(MM), or just traveling(OoS,OoA). But how long after OoT did the Flood happen?
LoZfreak32191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LoZfreak32191
How are you guys positive that all thes games are linked into one big timeline? In my previous post I said that perhaps there are two or more different sagas. In my theory I said that one of them went OoT-MM-OoA&S-*Maybe WT* -WW-*Maybe Working Title* Then maybe there are a couple more sagas with the remaining games. Think of it as something like Final Fantasy. Those games (with the exeption of X & X-2 and the FFVII games) don't nessasarily fit together.
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sizzletop

DOES EVERYONE AGREE THAT OCORINA OF TIME IS FIRST???? sorry for yelling, :?but seriously do you agree? I need a definitive answer

ZeldaFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZeldaFalcon
Member since 2005 • 585 Posts
The only thing wrong with the OoT -> MM timeline thing that *really* bothers me, is this: If Link gets sent back into time at the end of OoT so that none of the events in the game really happened, how did he get Epona for MM? He wouldnt have had to steal her from Ingo in the 2nd timeline, or had much reason to visit Lon Lon Ranch..

I know it's a dumb thing to care about, but since we're all beating the timeline subject to death, I thought I'd jump on in.
LoZfreak32191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LoZfreak32191
I think you guys should stop thinking too hard about this. They don't HAVE to all go together in one timeline. If you haven't noticed, Nintendo keeps finding ways to retell the same, original story (not that it's a bad thing) and then maybe having one or two true sequels after (LoZ - AoL, ALttP - LA, OoT - MM - WW). Then there are extras that are hard to place (OoS&A, FSA, MC.) The majority of these games might be in the same place, but even hyrule seems to change between every game (Compare MC Hyrule to OoT Hyrule.)
Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wytefire
I think you guys should stop thinking too hard about this. They don't HAVE to all go together in one timeline. If you haven't noticed, Nintendo keeps finding ways to retell the same, original story (not that it's a bad thing) and then maybe having one or two true sequels after (LoZ - AoL, ALttP - LA, OoT - MM - WW). Then there are extras that are hard to place (OoS&A, FSA, MC.) The majority of these games might be in the same place, but even hyrule seems to change between every game (Compare MC Hyrule to OoT Hyrule.)LoZfreak32191

You are RUINING my fun. and where did MM Link get Epona? good question, any answers?

SO far we have OoT, MM, Oracles, WW,(large gap in time), AltTP, LA, LoZ, AoL. Does anyone have a strategy guide or something that'll tell when MC, and FS happened. Or is it seperate. Too many questions, not enough answers
lunchboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lunchboxer
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts

If you try this site they have a few ideas about the timeline of Zelda.

http://www.kasuto.net/

Make sure U click on University of Hyrule!

Beaver_Ben

i read the official nintendo timeline and it's wierd because i thought that each zelda game was a new link from the same bloodline(except for a few of them) but they explained it as the same link in the different games (although they did leave out the oracle games in the timeline, but those would probably be considered the "alternate worlds", they still could've included them though, maybe it was too old). it was the same link in more games than i thought.

For those of you that read that one, why is it that in OoT Link had to wait seven years to wield the master sword, but in LttP he was still a kid (straight from Majora's Mask, which was straight from OoT) but could use the master sword anyway? maybe it took him long enough in the game to collect the three medallions to unlock the master sword, that he was grown up enough to use it.

with every timeline there is a flaw, i think. especially since they didn't have it all planned out to fit together when they first started(or maybe they did:o).

LoZfreak32191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LoZfreak32191

[QUOTE="dvader654
I dont think Nintendo cares about the timeline so I wouldnt expect anything from a MC strategy guide. We all know that the Zelda games are different ways of telling the same story but we are having fun with this so just play along.

I did play along in my first post in this topic back on page 2. It's the really long post. Nobody seemed to respond to it.

Wytefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wytefire
Okay, so there may be just one Link, but one elda doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons. A) Wouldn't she get smart and stop getting captured/cursed but Ganon or his minions. and B) Wouldn't you have married Link by now if you were Zelda.

And WW might be the last game in the timeline, because it's pretty obvious it's a new Link and Zelda
Avatar image for recipient_unown
recipient_unown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 recipient_unown
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts

Well lets get a few definites then, and clear a few things up.

From what iv'e read and know is that OoT is the first of the timeline. Then comes MM, and somewhere vaguely after Oot are the Oracle games aswell. Then way way after is Wind Waker. Have I missed any Definite facts?

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
I'm gonna copy and paste the following story from this site so if you want to read more on it, check out the link and read more of the articles. This deals with how OoT ties into ALttP, which are each considered to be the turning points in Hyrule history. OoT basically starts the 3D Zeldas, which also consists of MM, TWW, and the new Zelda. ALttP starts the 2D Zeldas, which is basically every game released pre-OoT.

I also read a little of Kasuto's University of Hyrule feature. Although it explains what happens, it doesn' t explain how it happens, like the creation of the Dark/Light World, the realms, and the inconsistencies of what the legends spoke of in ALttP and what really happened in the OoT. The part I pasted below is the author's new theory but there's still a lot more to read if you're really into this.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=article_20

After various conversations and pondering, I had something of an enlightenment concerning OoT's ending and the creation of the Dark World. (This goes to show that, no matter how long one has played Zelda, there are always new insights to be had.) As I stood atop the Pyramid of Power in the middle of Dark World, looking at the dying red sun and lightning flashes from dark clouds in the distance, it suddenly occurred to me: "This is what Hyrule would look like if Ganon had ruled it for centuries! The Dark World reminds me very much of Hyrule in the second half of OoT."

So now I have a whole new theory about OoT's ending and the creation of the Dark World. This article explains my new theory and tries to demonstrate how it is consistent with the known facts. An explanation of the old theories and my new theory are below, while my analysis of pertinent quotes is spread throughout the other sections of this article. After reading about my theory here, see the Table of Contents at the bottom or the top for my analysis of quotes from ALttP and OoT. In the conclusion I wrap things up neatly, compare the new theory with the old theories, and try to answer any more objections.Zelda Legends

Note: This is when Link recovers the 3 artifacts he needed to place in the Temple of Time, and when he sees Impa carrying away Zelda with Ganondorf close behind. It's pretty much a re-telling of the events of OoT, which was great for me since I had forgotten many of the details.

Ganondorf betrayed the King of Hyrule, and his army took the castle by surprise. The Knights, unprepared for the sudden attack, surrendered after a short time. Ganondorf and his men ransacked the halls of the castle, looking for Princess Zelda. She held the Ocarina of Time, and Ganondorf needed it. Suddenly he heard shouts from outside, and the sound of hoofbeats galloping away. He raced to his black steed and started after the white horse, calling for his men to follow. They chased Impa and Zelda through the market and back alleys, but several brave Knights tried to hold them back. Ganondorf was the first to get through the defense, but it was too late. When he got outside Castle Town, all he saw was the troublesome young lad from the forest. He blasted the brave youth and moved on. His small attachment of men sneaked out behind him.

Later, Link stepped up to the Master Sword, and pulled it out of the Pedestal of Time. He closed his eyes as he was enveloped in a mystical blue light. Link's spirit was sealed in the Chamber of Sages, a room in the middle of the Temple of Light, in the middle of the Sacred Realm. Link's dreamless sleep was disturbed with visions of Ganondorf, leering at the young boy's foolishness. Thanks to Link, Ganondorf had found the gates to the Sacred Realm.

Ganondorf slaughtered his followers and seized the Triforce from the Temple of Light. His heart was not in balance, so all that remained in his greedy hands was the Triforce of Power. He became the King of Evil, and went on to invade the Sacred Realm. The Sacred Realm is a mirror that reflects the heart of the one who enters it, so soon the Sacred Realm became a world of evil. This world had no solid form: dark and shapeless, it became a shadowy container for Ganondorf's evil power. As Ganondorf's evil power radiated from the temples of Hyrule, many disasters beset Hyrule, and evil men came to join Ganondorf's army. Ganondorf's monsters swarmed over Hyrule, and one dark day a terrible army stormed Hyrule Castle. The castle, though valiantly defended, was taken. Ganondorf, his goal complete, left behind the tainted Sacred Realm, sealing the door behind him. The Sacred Realm was left a dark void, the Temple of Light the only remnant. Ganon was now the Evil King, and set up his own black tower, an impenetrable fortress.

Years later, Link finally woke up in the Chamber of Sages. Rauru returned Link's spirit to Hyrule, where he wielded the Master Sword and rescued the six Sages from six temples. These six, destined to be Sages by an "awakening voice" calling from the Sacred Realm, plotted to open the sealed door to the Sacred Realm and lure Ganondorf back in. The leader of the Sages would close the door behind him, sealing him in. Zelda, the one destined to be the leader of the Sages, revealed herself to Link in the Temple of Time after he had rescued the six Sages, but that's when the Sages' plans went afoul. Ganondorf used his sorcerous powers to kidnap Zelda. Zelda held the Triforce of Wisdom, and Link held Courage, and Ganondorf planned to unite the three pieces to obtain the True Force to rule the whole world. Without Zelda, the six other Sages could not form a perfect seal, so Link invaded Ganon's Tower.

Link defeated Ganondorf, but the Evil King had a secret from beyond the grave: his twisted use of the Triforce of Power gave him a form of fearsome strength, which could not be destroyed by any blade or weapon save one. Link and the Evil King Ganon dueled atop the ruined tower, until repeated blows from the sacred Master Sword stunned Ganon. As Zelda held the Evil King with her power, Link delivered a painful blow to his face. Ganon sprung up, his rage out of control. The seven Wise Ones took this opportunity, and Rauru prayed to the ancient creators of Hyrule, asking them to open the sealed door and send the Evil Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil Realm.

The Sages' request was granted in a way none had seen clearly before. Where Link before had traveled between two times, these two times became two different worlds: the Light World and the Dark World. The tainted future of Hyrule, a world of monsters ruled by the Evil King Ganon, filled the void of the Evil Realm, turning it into the Dark World. As the world of darkness was taken away from Hyrule to the Sacred Realm, Ganon cursed his enemies. Zelda completed the seal, and Ganon was locked away in his Dark World.

The denizens of Hyrule rejoiced at Ganon's downfall, knowing that they would soon be returned to a world of peace. The spirits of the Sages descended from the Chamber of Sages to the world below, the Dark World, and looked upon the celebration. Meanwhile, Link and Zelda floated in the blissful emptiness that would soon become the Light World. Playing her lullaby upon the Ocarina of Time, Zelda corrected the evil she had caused, sending the people of Hyrule back to a world of light, the way Hyrule was supposed to be. While Ganon's evil monsters remained in the Dark World, the people of Hyrule warped to the Light World. This world was in likeness to the original world of Hyrule which existed before Ganon had tainted it with his evil might. Thus, the world was divided into two.

Link awoke in the Temple of Time. The road between times was sundered, for now the future of darkness existed in the Sacred Realm as the Dark World, not in the future. The world of light, once the past, now existed in Hyrule as the Light World. The Light World was in appearance like the world that existed before Ganondorf tainted it, but in truth it was a new world, inhabited by all those who had lived through seven years of Ganondorf's dark reign. Thanks to Link's bravery, peace had returned to Hyrule, the Light World. His time traveling days over, Link visited Zelda before he left on a personal journey, and she entrusted him with the Ocarina of Time.Zelda Legends

There is a lot more to read if you click the link, which contains four more pages of evidence and the final conclusion. It's definitely worth reading.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaAznSaN

Well lets get a few definites then, and clear a few things up.

From what iv'e read and know is that OoT is the first of the timeline. Then comes MM, and somewhere vaguely after Oot are the Oracle games aswell. Then way way after is Wind Waker. Have I missed any Definite facts?

recipient_unown

From what I've been reading, the Oracle games do not take place after MM and before the WW. Those games take place after ALttP and LoZ, or maybe before LoZ, but after a LttP. All I can figure is that

OoT - MM - TWW - new Zelda - ALttP

go in that order and nothing else has been between them. Every other Zelda game has taken place after ALttP.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaAznSaN
Okay, so there may be just one Link, but one elda doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons. A) Wouldn't she get smart and stop getting captured/cursed but Ganon or his minions. and B) Wouldn't you have married Link by now if you were Zelda.

And WW might be the last game in the timeline, because it's pretty obvious it's a new Link and Zelda
Wytefire

There are multiple Zeldas. Here's another long article which discusses the various Zelda's.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=article_1

Note: You can just read the first few paragraphs and realize there are multiples Zeldas. The rest is just proof and further clarification.

And your comment about the romance between Link and Zelda brings up another funny theory.

I wouldn't exactly call this a misconception, but it's a popular idea that I think needs to be put into perspective. The most popular interpretation people give to the ending of the Zelda games is: "Link and Zelda became lovers and lived happily ever after." Yes, it is true that Zelda does kiss Link at the end of AoL and Oracle. And the two do seem to be awfully good friends. But things like this don't necessarily come with romance attached. The two have similar destinies, and it is thus not surprising that they should be close confidants. And Link is pretty brave to save Hyrule, so why shouldn't he deserve a little kiss? Romance isn't the only possible interpretation. Link and Zelda only get romantic in comics, cartoons, manga, etc., i.e. all the non-canon sources. Non-canon sources may have good interpretations of the facts sometimes, but they are not to be confused for the facts themselves.

The canon gives me the impression that Link's destiny is to wander Hyrule alone. His destiny lies apart from Zelda's. After all, Link leaves Hyrule after OoT. He is done with his adventures, and he goes to search for a friend, apparently one more dear than Zelda. And in Oracle, Link once again leaves on a journey once his adventuring is complete. Zelda seems to bewoe his leaving, but Link leaves nonetheless. Link, as the legendary hero, is not bound to any one place or people. He is free to wander, since no family or lover makes him long for home. He is ever the lonely wanderer, saving the world from evil and then moving on. He helps others to rekindle their love in MM, but in the end he is only a legend, and he moves on. I don't see wife and family as Link's destiny; rather, his heart is ever consumed by a flame of justice, and he devotes his life to bringing Hyrule to an age of peace and prosperity.Zelda Legends

And WW is not last in the overall storyline, although it is the currently last in the 3D Zeldas.
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaAznSaN
Zelda then gives Link the ocarina again (you get that idea from MM) and he sets off on his little journey (MM).

After that, he comes back to hyrule and is soon summoned by the triforce for another quest (Oracles). In that journey they mention the triangle on the back of his hand and comments how mysterious it is. So my guess is Link really doesn't ever remember killing ganon in that future that now never happened. So by the end of these quests Link is once again established a hero in hyrule. Here is my first guess on where this new game will pick up. Ganon will somehow break free from the Sacred Realm. I got this one story off of a website, that was really cool, but it wasn't official or anything. It was just sort of a fanfic on how the whole Legend goes. Anyway the story said that Ganon got released from the Dark Realm by the witchcraft of the two witches (Twinrova) who were never killed now. I thought that was a cool idea. So then the new game kicks off with ganon's return and revenge. I also think that this would be the game that has Hyrule's flooding in it, leading to Wind Waker (like a PREQUEL)

A couple hundred years after that (maybe, maybe not) Wind Waker happens then my second guess where the new zelda would be is after WW. So I think the new game is either a prequel or sequel to WW.

I haven't played Minish Cap yet so I don't know where that would go. And the other Zelda saga would be something like:

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA

This is my theory.LoZfreak32191

From my own research, I don't believe the Oracle games take place after MM and prior to the TWW. (Sorry for copying and pasting so much. I think it's better to read the whole story than just a summary. :P )

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=article_19_p2

In order to discern where in the storyline the Oracle games fall, two things are important to consider: (1) clues given in the Oracle games, and (2) what time line order you are using. Let's first of all look at the evidence given within the Oracle games.

* The Triforce is united, and is resting in Hyrule Castle.
* Ganon is dead, but his spirit is alive. He is revived by Twinrova when she lights the flames of Despair, Destruction, and Sorrow, and sacrifices herself, bringing Ganon's spirit into her body.
* The Dark World, known also as the Evil Realm, might still exist. Twinrova and Onox both come from what they call the "Dark Realm," which sounds suspiciously like the Dark World. This Dark Realm might also be the Underworld from LoZ, but the Underworld might be another name for the Dark World.
* Neither Impa nor Zelda know Link at the start. Link is not famous for anything. Nobody mentions him having done anything prior to the Oracle time period. Therefore, the Link in Oracle is not the Link from any other game. Oracle happens at least a generation before or after any other game.
* After Link defeats Ganon, he sails away on a ship which looks remarkably like the one in Link's Awakening. Given the story in the LA manual, it's very likely that LA happens immediately after Oracle. In Oracle, people mention the "Hyrulean" legends of a hero with the Triforce symbol on his hand who will save Hyrule from darkness. In LA, the manual says that Link has fulfilled the "Hyrulian" prophecy of the Legendary Hero and defeated the evil tyrant Ganon. LA appears to be tied much more strongly to Oracle than to any other game.

The Oracle games could easily be a prequel to OoT if it weren't for Ganon. Ganondorf was introduced in OoT, and became Ganon later. In Oracle, Ganon has been destroyed, and he is revived by Twinrova. It is therefore impossible that Oracle happens before OoT. It must happen sometime in history afterwards.

At this point it becomes important which time line order we use. For the moment, let's consider the standard ZHQ.com order: OoT, ALttP, AoL. (These labels represent three different time periods, each separated by several centuries. It is assumed that MM comes right after OoT, and AoL comes right after LoZ.) I see three possibilities: Oracle could happen after OoT, after ALttP, or after AoL.

The first possibility, of Oracle happening after OoT, is the least likely, because it requires introducing a theory that is not told in any canon sources. Let's say that, after OoT, Link finds a way into the Dark World, defeats Ganon, and takes the Triforce of Power from him. He then brings it back to Hyrule, and unites the Triforce. A generation later, Oracle happens, and Ganon is revived. Ganon is not completely destroyed, but he is still stuck in the Dark World. He is somehow able to steal the whole Triforce before the ALttP time period, from within his prison. This possibility is very weak because it depends on two make-believe stories, rather than explaining the known facts.

The next possibility is that Oracle happens after ALttP. Once again, it must happen a generation after ALttP because nobody knows Link. Though Ganon's body was destroyed and his Dark World disappeared in ALttP, his spirit fled to a sanctuary prepared by his loyal minions: the Underworld, or Dark Realm. Twinrova works devilishly to revive Ganon and succeeds, but Link defeats both Twinrova and Ganon. Link then leaves on a journey of enlightenment (Link's Awakening). At this point there are two possibilities: either LoZ and AoL happen as soon as Link returns to Hyrule, or LoZ and AoL happen centuries later. (This is because LoZ doesn't explicitly state whether Link is already well-known or not. It could go either way, depending on how you interpret the few facts that exist.) When LoZ happens depends mostly on who the Sleeping Zelda is. And her identity depends on who hid the Triforce of Courage and wrote the letter. But that's another issue altogether, which I will deal with in another article.

The last possibility is that Oracle happens a generation after AoL. This works, but it doesn't wrap up the storyline as neatly as putting Oracle after ALttP does.

Now, let's consider the possibilities if we assume Miyamoto's order (OoT, LoZ, AoL, ALttP). This order has always assumed that between OoT and LoZ, Ganon keeps the Triforce of Power. Putting Oracle a generation after OoT means, once again, introducing a story not told in any of the games. Link somehow enters the Dark World, defeats Ganon, and takes the Triforce of Power. This reunites the Triforce, and Link puts it in Hyrule Castle. A generation later, Oracle happens and Twinrova revives Ganon. Ganon is still locked away in the Dark Realm, however. Once again we have a split decision. After LA happens, Link either returns to Hyrule and LoZ and AoL happen, or Ganon waits a generation, and then LoZ and AoL happen.

Putting Oracle a generation after AoL explains how Ganon was revived between AoL and ALttP, but doesn't explain how Ganon got the united Triforce. This possibility is weak because it depends on a fanciful story - Ganon somehow stealing all three pieces of the Triforce while he is imprisoned.

Probably the best choice in Miyamoto's order is to put Oracle a generation after ALttP. Doing this requires no fanciful theories in order for it to work.

My conclusion? Given the ZHQ.com order (OoT, ALttP, LoZ, AoL), the Oracle games most likely come a generation after ALttP because this order explains the most and doesn't depend on unsupported theories. Given Miyamoto's order (OoT, LoZ, AoL, ALttP), the Oracle games probably happen a generation after ALttP, because this order doesn't depend on unsupported theories. My final conclusion, then, is that the Oracle games happen a generation or so after ALttP, no matter what time line you are using.Zelda Legends

Oh, and the new Zelda later this year is post-WW since it's been confirmed by Miyamoto himself.

LoZfreak32191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LoZfreak32191

Man, I've been gone for a while. Last I was here we only had just over 200 members!

Anyway, I recently bought MC and came up with the conclusion that if it is after anything it is after FS, for the Four Sword is in that game (MC).

Other than that, I stand with my original theory and hope somebody agree's with some of it (again refering to my first post in the topic).

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts

This is hard to explain because we dont understand "time" in its essence.

But i want to clear something out. LA isnt in Hyrule, Remember that the Great Wind Fish (was his name) was sleeping and dreaming so Link had to awake him in order to finish the quest. Well but anyway when you turn on the game there is a little scene of Link in a boat fighting with the Sea (WW?) But then a lightning struck the boat he was washed up to the shore. (Was the Wind FIsh already dreaming did this really happended?). Someone posted before i dont remember who this was and said that in oot Link couldnt have defeated Ganon cuase he went to the past after defeating him (If this were simple laws of Time you would be right) But Ganon was trapped in another Realm (What was its name again *stupid photographic memory of mine*) So if Ganon was trapped in another Realm that supposedly didnt have "time" so he would spend eternity there, he wouldnt have been affected by the time change. (complicated cause some of you posted this as the first timeline and if my theory is right, this should be the last). But Ganon could be released of the Realm at certain time but nobody knows.

Another of you posted that Twinrova tried to resurrect Ganon in Oracle of Ages (i think, i have seasons so i dont know) resurrect means give him life again so this game (OoS) would go after WW which Ganon was "defeated".

So i dont really remember the exact story for each game, i just remember pictures of them.

Another thing is that MM was in a different dimension so you can only guide of the opening scene.

Would someone explain me about the Aghanim story what was he doing with the maidens, (i dont remember, if he was trying to release Ganon then this would come after OoT)

Post a timeline based on this theories, see if you can i couldnt cause the others dont fit in this theories, so join your theories with these and see what happens.

LoZfreak32191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LoZfreak32191

Another of you posted that Twinrova tried to resurrect Ganon in Oracle of Ages (i think, i have seasons so i dont know) resurrect means give him life again so this game (OoS) would go after WW which Ganon was "defeated".

BurningDragoon

I believe that was me, and I said that I read it in a story. In my theory I said it would be AFTER the Oracles when Link returns to Hyrule. It was just an idea that would lead to where the next Zelda before WW took place.

It was a cool story that I read btw.

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]

LoZfreak32191

I believe that was me, and I said that I read it in a story. In my theory I said it would be AFTER the Oracles when Link returns to Hyrule. It was just an idea that would lead to where the next Zelda before WW took place.

It was a cool story that I read btw.

You know that establishing a timeline between a zelda games was much easier before but now there are many zelda games that seem to differ in dimensions.

there is a problem with your theory cuase he was summoned by the triforce and we dont know from where and when.

Something i remembered about LA is that in the opening scene, he was a teenager. Will someone post his theory of which of the Zelda games was the first and please state your theory.