.:: The Legend of Zelda Union Officer Application ::.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

We are going to be promoting one (maybe more) recruits to the position of officer. Here is where you can write in your application.

What we are looking at:

• Activity: The officers must first and foremost be active in the Union. They are the ones who keep this running, who make the boards run smoothly, who post news stories, write articles, etc... If you want to be an officer (or ARE an officer for that matter) I expect you to be active in the boards and participate in the union. The Officers should be the ones who spend the most time here, not the members.

• Involvement: This basically means that you will be involved in the decisions we officers make in the Legend of Zelda Union. We need to act as a committee and our decisions need to be made together. If I send out a PM to all officers, I expect all of them to respond.

• Spelling and Grammar: If you wish to be an officer you must have good grammatical skills. At the very least use the spell check button. Posts must be clear and understandable, especially on the front page.

• Passion: This one comes straight from Mister_Slice, "You truly need to have a passion for The Legend of Zelda to be an Officer. I know that most of you do, but it is essential. We are the ones who should be searching the Internet and browsing every online and offline magazine looking for Zelda news on a daily basis. The responsibility of keeping interesting articles posted on the main page lies with the Officers. If you don't want this Union to be your #1 online message board priority, don't apply."
That's what we are looking for. Now to the application:

How old are you?

What Legend of Zelda games have you played?

Why do you want to be an Officer?

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union?

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer?

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)?

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why?

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms?

Have fun with the application, be creative, and let us know why you want to be an Officer here.

Try to keep this thread strictly for Officer Applications and nothing else.

This topic will remain opened and stickied until we have enough suitable applicants to make a good and fair decision.
We will notify the winner of his/her promotion once we have made our decision.

Good luck to all our applicants!

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nuck44
Personal note from nuck: Please do not apply if you are not willing to make this Union a priority here on GameSpot. This position is not one so you can list it as part of your accomplishments, I want you here to help me and the other officers make this the best place for Zelda online. I don't want someone to be an officer who will just check in once in a while and is not involved. That kind of officer doesn't help the union grow and prosper. If you love Zelda, and you want this union to grow, it will require some time on your part. As school starts, I will have less time available to post updates and things of that sort. I want people who I can depend on to run the union effectively and innovatively. For the application, you don't have to restrict yourself 100% to the questions listed above. Let us know how you will make LoZU a priority and convince us that you are the right person for the job. It should also be fun!
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

Personal note from Link2025:

Also, please do not apply if you feel that you won't be able to actively participate and help this union grow. There should be a difference between an active Recruit and an active Officer.

Officers are expected to

• Update the Union Home Page
  • Monitor the Union Board and Lock Threads accordingly
  • Be active in the Union Board
  • Help out other Officers and Recruits

And generally, make the Union a better place to be by creating content for example.

Being an active Recruit is by choice. You are here because you love the Legend of Zelda like most of the people here do and because you enjoy being in the Union and what it has to offer. We acknowledge and respect our active recruits that participate in the Union and make it a great place to be.

It's not fair to the active Recruits that want to become officers if an Officer is chosen and doesn't do his/her job effectively or no better than when he/she was a recruit.

Also please read and follow all of Nuck's points at the beginning of this thread as to what is expected of our officers.

As one of the few Gamespot's Endorsed Unions, we have a certain reputation to uphold (for good reason).

Good luck to those who apply and enjoy yourselves here at the Legend of Zelda Union.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

How old are you? 13 (Please don't judge me by my age)

What Legend of Zelda games have you played? The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Link's Adventures, A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, The Collector's Disk, Link's Awakening (regular and DX), The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA), and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

Why do you want to be an Officer? I want to be an officer because i'm a die hard Zelda fan. This is the number 1 Zelda union on Gamespot (and for good reason) so it would be an honor and a priviledge to be an officer here.

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union? I am leader of one and officer of 3.

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer? Well for starters chances are i'll be here every day (whether it be moderating, posting, updating the homepage). I can't say I have many unique abilities but I do just about everything i can to make the union's im in better.

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)? Recently it's been about 4-5 hours ... daily it'll be around 3 1/2 - 4 1/2.

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why? Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game and probably my favorite game of all time. It revolutionized Zelda games, Nintendo, and 3D Gameplay.

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms? Well I like playing sports, Baseball, Football, and Basketball are at the top of the list. I'm also a pretty good graphic designer.

RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
How Old Are You? At the moment I am 16 years old, but I will be turning 17 on the 14th of this month.

What Legend of Zelda Games Have You Played? I have had the honor of playing all of the Zelda games released thus far, as well as the dishonor of playing the "unmentionable" Zelda games. I'm sure you all know which games I am referring to by now. But anyways... each game holds a special memory of sorts for me. From playing the original Zelda on the NES with my dad when I was little, "mastering" Wind Waker (among a couple others) 100%, to waiting patiently for what seems like 20 years for the release of TP. But while doing all of this I have had the most important element of any Zelda game... fun.

Why Do You Want to be an Officer? Well, there are obviously many reasons why I woud like to be an officer... although the main reason would have to be because I feel that I can add something to this Union that will in turn make it even greater than before. I would love to provide the members of this Union with all of the latest updates and whatnot while still having some fun doing so. There has been a countless number of times when I found information that I thought was worth being on the home-page... only to find myself saying "wait a minute..." and remembering that I can't post updates because of that one little obstacle that was in my way. I am sure that nuck knows exactly what I am talking about, seeing how I have sent him a decent amount of PM's telling him about all the news I had. :wink:

Are You a Mod/Officer of Any Other Message Board? I am currently an officer of Nintendo United (as of July of this year) and also an officer at the Kingdom Hearts Realm.

What Unique Skill/Specialty Can You Bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer? This is most likely going to sound just a little bit "cliche" but please bare with me because these are my honest-to-goodness thoughts. I believe that each officer brings their very own unique qualities to this Union, and I believe that is one of the many reasons that makes this place so great. Not only will I further "diversify" the Union as an officer, but as I mentioned before I will do the best that I possibly can to keep everyone updated with any sort of information regarding our favorite game series. I would really love a chance to show what I am capable of.

How Much Time Do You Spend Posting On Message Boards Each Week?
Well, the Gamespot forums/Unions are pretty much the only place in which I actually post and whatnot. I'm not exactly positive as to how many total hours each week I spend on here, but I would have to take a rough estimate and say at least 5 or more hours on a "normal" day. Even with school and helping out my brother with his landscaping business, I still take out a decent amount of time to visit the forums and post.

What is Your Favorite Legend of Zelda Game and Why? This has always been a tough choice for me because I believe all are great in their own respects... but in the end I would have to say that my favorite Zelda game so far would be Ocarina of Time. What can be said about this amazing game that has not been said thousands of times over already? I honestly believe that this game marked a very important turning point for the Zelda franchise, and in a big way too. This is simply the absolute pinnacle of the Zelda series from which not only every other Zelda game released afterwards strives to surpass, but also every other action/adventure game in general. This was the first game to fully delve into the Zelda universe in a way that no one could have ever even imagined at the time, and to this day it is still by far an epic in every sense no matter how "dated" the graphics may seem to some. Like I mentioned before, I know things like this have been said too many times to count... but OoT truly is beyond explanation.

What Are Your Other Major Hobbies/Obsessions/Fandoms? To be completely honest with you, I don't really have any other major "hobbies" worth noting. I obviously love to play video games, and I'm not exactly sure if these count but I also really enjoy listening to music and I'm a pretty big movie buff. I also play the guitar (preferably electric) whenever I have the chance. So I guess I really do have a few hobbies, huh?
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

How old are you? 15 and going to be 16 in Oct. 19

What Legend of Zelda games have you played? All except for the japan-only one's and the one's that aren't made yet. (and/or cancelled)

Why do you want to be an Officer? Ever since I ..........I guess because I'm big fan of zelda and this union.

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union? Not anymore.

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer? Well I'd dont have a unique skill yet but I'll have to make one as I go along! Or maybe finding hot zelda music and videos

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)? Varies  1-10

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why? OOT. It was a pioneer for 3d adventure games!

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms? Bugging nuck!

gameplaya123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gameplaya123
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

How old are you? I'm twelve and I am gonna be thirteen on September 10th.

What Legend of Zelda games have you played? The Legend of  Zelda, The Legend of  Zelda II, The Legend of  Zelda: a Link To the Past, The Legend of  Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, The Legend of  Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, The Legend of  Zelda: Majora's Mask, The Legend of  Zelda: Four Seasons, The Legend of  Zelda: Wind Waker, and The Legend of  Zelda: Four Swords. YES, I am a Zelda fan!

Why do you want to be an Officer? As you can see I am a big Zelda fan, and I want to show it proudly! It would be an honor to be an officer.

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union? Sadly no.

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer? I can do a lot of stuff. I can spell good, I'm an AB student, and I'm a good listener.

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)? Each week, about 98 hours. I'm on a lot!

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why? All of them. But if I had to pick if my life depended on it, it would be Wind Waker. I like it because you sail on the ocean and find treasure.

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms? I actually play video games 24/7.

Thats about it, if you pick me, you would make my day!

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

How old are you? 15

What Legend of Zelda games have you played? All except the first 2

Why do you want to be an Officer? Because i love Zelda and I feal proud to be part of this union, and i believe this position will noty only help me but others as well.
Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union? I am not, so i can consentrate soley on this

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer? Well my uncle, as u no, is currently working for Nintendo America, I can get u hot goss and post them as articles

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)? 4-7 days a week, 1-2 hours a day (probably less when i get TP though)

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why? MM! Its so unique from all the others and I just love the land of Termina!

Calpalg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Calpalg
Member since 2004 • 16167 Posts

Just Rejoined :D

How old are you? 15

What Legend of Zelda games have you played? OOT, MM OOA, OOS, WW (briefly), MC, ALTTP, LA.

Why do you want to be an Officer? I am very active, posting regularly pretty much every day, and i feel i can bring some great conversation and more members to this union.

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union? Yes, Officer in 7 other unions, but not a mod on any boards.

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer? i can design sigs, tags etc quite well now, and i love Zelda

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)? tough one... about 15 hours maybe? give or take a few hours.

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why? OOT, because it basically revolutionized 3D gaming, amazing structure, characters, difficulty was pretty much perfect, and it drew you in so well.

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms? Star Wars, Designing, Nintendo as a whole really...
Oh, and i'm a bug soccer/football fan 8)

Squiiid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Squiiid
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
I am from the ages 12-26.
I can help with sigs they wont be the best but I dont have a good program.
I want to be an officer because I want to get to know every one on game spot.
Plz let me I am on 24-7
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

How old are you? I'm twelve and I am gonna be thirteen on September 10th.

gameplaya123
You're not allowed to be on Gamespot if you're under 13 years old.
CelestinHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CelestinHH
Member since 2005 • 728 Posts
That's... ya know, that is true. Why did that user about his age?
CelestinHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CelestinHH
I am from the ages 12-26.
I can help with sigs they wont be the best but I dont have a good program.
I want to be an officer because I want to get to know every one on game spot.
Plz let me I am on 24-7
Squiiid
Um... why exactly, did you list your age that way? is there more than one person who will be using this profile, or do you not want to tell us your exact age?
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

Nuck44

:P

CelestinHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CelestinHH

[QUOTE="Nuck44"]

OhhSnap50893

:P

Oh crap... sorry nuck! thanks ohsnap

Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
1) I'm 15
2) I've played (and beaten) every Legend of Zelda out except for the disasterous CD-i ones.
3) I wan to be an officer because I believe I can help the union out. As a long-time active subscriber to Nintendo Power, I've always been a fan of Nintendo and more specifically Link and the Legend of Zelda series.
4) I'm currently Leader of Final Fantasy Union and Square-Enix Airship Brigade, and Officer of Legends Union and Tainted Divinity Designs.
5) As an officer, I can bring my vast knowledge of Legend of Zelda. Of course, if that was it, I wouldn't get the job because undoubtly, everyone applying says they've got this "knowledge". However, other then that, I can bring my talents as a Graphical Designer, and also my abilities in Leadership to the union. Finally, I try to go at everything I see with an objective view (unless its a opinion topic).
6) My favorite Legend of Zelda would probably be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Now, the reason for this is because firstly, it was my first Zelda Game that I played while actually grasping the story among other things. The rest, I was too little to truly understand the game mechanics. Now, of course, it is quite hard not to have OOT as your favorite Zelda game (or at least in your top 3) because it is one of the few games ever to recieve a perfect score from both Gamespot.com and Fatimsu. That is only a couple of reasons. However, if you would like more on my explanation, just say so :wink:
7) I'm a long time fan of Square-Enix (started playing it around the same time as Zelda). Also, I like to do some designing in Photoshop CS2 and build 3-D puzzles in my spare time.
8) Time I spend at GS during the week is currently around 30 or so hours a week. However, come the middle of September, it will probably be lessened to around 15-20 hours a week.

Finally, now I know that I've haven't been active at the union in weeks (and I actually quit the union for a time) but that was do to some structure problems down at FFU and I'm now back and ready to be active at the union.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nuck44
I think I'll close this thread tomorrow night.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

I think I'll close this thread tomorrow night.nuck44

Since there don't seem to be anymore suitable applicants, I will go ahead and lock this thread now. Good luck to all of you who applied and hopefully we will make our decision and notify our new officer(s) quickly.

Edit: I've opened this thread up for one last applicant.

Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kira-Shinobi
Member since 2006 • 3145 Posts

How old are you?

I am currently 16 years old. I will be 17 on January, 10th, 2007.

What Legend of Zelda games have you played?

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Minish Cap. I plan to get Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass though. The lack of LoZ titles is due to the selling of my GameCube before Wind Waker and the later purchase of my GBA SP. However I'm planning to get a Wii and DS Lite. I may also decide to get the older NES Zelda games because I never had an NES and never played them.

Why do you want to be an Officer?

I believe that I can contribute many interesting topics to discuss that can focus on both the Zelda games and the non Zelda games that Link has appeared in. Examples would be Soul Calibur II and the Super Smash Bros. series. I can do this in numerous and creative ways that won't be unprofessional. I am also a very nice and helpful person. Not to mention that I love to post here and since joining have met many new friends. Also my topic creating will definitely increase when I play the other LoZ games that I've missed.

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union?

Currently I am only a officer in the Soul calibur Union. However I have been an officer in various unions which include the Final Reunion, Eminent Haven, as well as a whole bunch when I was using my other accounts. I've also been the temporary leader and long going officer in The Fighter's Realm Union which I have recently left due to a bit of conflict. It is likely I will return though.

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer?

Quality posting and professionalism. As well as a great environment. I also like to give people things they can really get into that mostly relates to storylines and possibilities.

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)?

Since school has started again. With that said I can probably get on at least two to three hours per day. On the weekends though it is quite possible to go past 10 hours.

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why?

I would say Ocarina of Time however I believe that has been well comfirmed as the greatest LoZ game and perhaps the greatest game of all time. Other than that I'd go with The Minish Cap. I loved the quality of  the game's sound and visuals and I think the Minish Cap in general was a very nicely implemented and unique thing to add to a Zelda game. Not to mention it was incredibly fun.

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms?

Other than playing games: Reading manga, watching anime, writing poetry and short stories, pretty much everything in basketball, hip-hop, rap and R&B music however they aren't the only genres I listen to and well I'm obsesses with sexy girls. Speaking of the above. My goal is to become the next big thing in the world of manga :D The only thing is, I just got to get better at drawing and I'm set. I also plan to work on the whole package. Which refers to if there were to be a game I could be a part of the development team. I think that's basically it. I hope you guys make the right decision. Whether it isn't me I'll be happy to post either way but I do want to be an officer here so don't take me lightly. :P:)