.::The Legend of Zelda Union Enhancement Thread::.

Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kira-Shinobi
Member since 2006 • 3145 Posts

This is a thread where members can share their ideas on how to make this already great union even better. Any and all suggestions are accepted and will be considered among the leader and officers of this union. Any question you may have about the union in general are also welcomed. I noticed you guys didn't have one of these threads so I decided to make one. So everyone, let's hear what you got to say. :)

Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kira-Shinobi
Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :)
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

I would tell you but I'm afraid that this thread will be locked or deleted soon!

but Hey since you care about the union I'll give my ideas!

Well for one we need contests!

Not hurt/heal real contests like a Zelda Test! not a quiz i mean one long test/survey of all knowledge that we know of Zelda!

well um good luck with this thread!

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) Kira-Shinobi
I'm not sure about posting Nintendo news as a whole but something like that ^^ could be posted. Idk how many of you have seen my "Opinions from OhhSnap" blog but maybe you could initiate something like it to an article like that. For Example -- someone posts that on the homepage and then tells how it could relate to the Legend of Zelda (in this case Twilight Princess)
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 imnotwhite

Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) Kira-Shinobi
well i like this idea! and I read that and well ...I don't feel smarter! BUT you do have a point!

But this is the Zelda union not the Zelda/ other small Nintendo first-party stuff!

we have an off-topic thread for that!

But I do like your Ideas...you could be a good officer once you know the rules the officers and leaders (yes Nuck wasn't the first.....or was he?) have made for this union! Try reading some old topics and find out!

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) OhhSnap50893
I'm not sure about posting Nintendo news as a whole but something like that ^^ could be posted. Idk how many of you have seen my "Opinions from OhhSnap" blog but maybe you could initiate something like it to an article like that. For Example -- someone posts that on the homepage and then tells how it could relate to the Legend of Zelda (in this case Twilight Princess)

Like how gamespots involve more than one game in it's updates like when press releases or company interviews stuff like that! So long as it relates to Zeldain a way  it's all good!
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) imnotwhite

Like how gamespots involve more than one game in it's updates like when press releases or company interviews stuff like that! So long as it relates to Zeldain a way  it's all good!

Gamespot is about all games though so they required to that, we are a Zelda union so that's rather irrelavent to us unless there is an opinionated part at the end of the article (how it relates to us)
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imnotwhite

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) OhhSnap50893

Gamespot is about all games though so they required to that, we are a Zelda union so that's rather irrelavent to us unless there is an opinionated part at the end of the article (how it relates to us)

I was expecting an example! But....would something like a Character List for SSBB pertain to us? If it had no new zelda chars in it? Maybe because the game will have link zelda/sheik, and ganondorf...and maybe young link!

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OhhSnap50893

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) imnotwhite

I was expecting an example! But....would something like a Character List for SSBB pertain to us? If it had no new zelda chars in it? Maybe because the game will have link zelda/sheik, and ganondorf...and maybe young link!

if it announced new characters from the Legend of Zelda then yes, it would pertain to us. But if it didn't then i'm not so sure it would (however it would be suitable for the OT thread)
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

I would tell you but I'm afraid that this thread will be locked or deleted soon!

Not hurt/heal real contests like a Zelda Test! not a quiz i mean one long test/survey of all knowledge that we know of Zelda!

imnotwhite

Not really. The only way I will accept any form of contest/game etc. is if it's well-thought out, executed well, and you explain your ideas to an officer beforehand and he allows it to happen.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) OhhSnap50893

if it announced new characters from the Legend of Zelda then yes, it would pertain to us. But if it didn't then i'm not so sure it would (however it would be suitable for the OT thread)

What about a move list for Link?

Or something  like Create your-own attack thread?

I would make that topic but my topics never do too well so maybe someone like Nuck, you, or morb could make it!

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Link2025
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) OhhSnap50893

I think your on to the right idea. While it is true that we are a part of Gamespot (a site dedicated to all videogame related news), we are a Union that's dedicated to Zelda games in specific.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OhhSnap50893
To Link2025: What about like a weekly Zelda trivia? (somewhere in his post Imnotwhite suggested something similar ...), and the questions could be worth different amount of points based on there difficulty?
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kira-Shinobi

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) imnotwhite

well i like this idea! and I read that and well ...I don't feel smarter! BUT you do have a point!

But this is the Zelda union not the Zelda/ other small Nintendo first-party stuff!

But I do like your Ideas...you could be a good officer once you know the rules the officers and leaders (yes Nuck wasn't the first.....or was he?) have made for this union! Try reading some old topics and find out!

Well I mean Nintendo in general not to include other games like Pokemon or Mario. Mostly hardware based things that could differ the quality of LoZ: TP or any other upcoming Zelda title. As well as Virtual Console details that may expand on the experience when playing a LoZ game.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link2025

To Link2025: What about like a weekly Zelda trivia? (somewhere in his post Imnotwhite suggested something similar ...), and the questions could be worth different amount of points based on there difficulty?OhhSnap50893

Again if you explain it more and it's well-thoughtout then I don't have a problem with it.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

Link2025

Not really. The only way I will accept any form of contest/game etc. is if it's well-thought out, executed well, and you explain your ideas to an officer beforehand and he allows it to happen.

Ok I didn't say we NEED CONTESTS i said we need contests!

Dang Link2025 why do you gotta represent all of us in such a serious way man loosen up and just chill!

*imagines link2025 wearing a nametag sitting at his computer that says "officer of zelda union"*

OMG

Anyway! what if we had a contest to make our own zelda union advertiser movie?

Cuz my teacher is gonna let me borrow the cam .........next week and I tink i could work something! out but i need someone whos good with animated graphics too help. So I'm gonna be around the newgrounds forum...getting flamed again and asking for help! So um...what ya think?

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) Kira-Shinobi

Well I mean Nintendo in general not to include other games like Pokemon or Mario. Mostly hardware based things that could differ the quality of LoZ: TP or any other upcoming Zelda title. As well as Virtual Console details that may expand on the experience when playing a LoZ game.

I still think unless it has a significant relation to Zelda it shouldn't be posted on the homepage. The Off-Topic thread is where most of that should go.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kira-Shinobi
Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

imnotwhite

Dang Link2025 why do you gotta represent all of us in such a serious way man loosen up and just chill!

*imagines link2025 wearing a nametag sitting at his computer that says "officer of zelda union"*

OMG

Cuz my teacher is gonna let me borrow the cam .........next week and I tink i could work something! out but i need someone whos good with animated graphics too help. So I'm gonna be around the newgrounds forum...getting flamed again and asking for help! So um...what ya think?

*sigh* he made it bigger to show that he was referring to that part of your message ...
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) Kira-Shinobi

....you really messed with me when you brought up pokemon first...and then the virtual thing....do a serach on google for virtual boy...then zelda virtual and tell me what you see!

And thanks ohhsnap for supporting the idea!

the weekly trivia thing! But if we did have that it would have to have like 10-25 questions a week!

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OhhSnap50893
Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi
Stuff like that I think is already posted on the homepage, i believe Nuck posted an update when the first SSBB trailer was shown and it had TP Link in it.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Link2025
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

imnotwhite

OMG

Sorry if it seems like I hate forum based games or something. I just don't want to see the board full of ill-conceived games that are forgotten about days later. Technically you can create any type of game that you wanted but just make sure you put forth the effort required to make it a successful game or experience.

Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kira-Shinobi
[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Here's something that you guys might want to do. Along with posting LoZ news and updates. I think it might be beneficial to also post general news about Nintendo. Why? Well it's simple, some of these things can affect the development, quality, features etc. of upcoming LoZ games. Here's a recent example. IBM Shipping Wii CPUs. Now this one may not be the best of examples but it is something quite recent. by taking a look into what Nintendo is doing you can also be able to get a better grasp of what they're trying to do with the upcoming games. The type of news however needs to be selected properly so that there is a possibility of it having something to do or relate to LoZ. Thank You for reading. :) OhhSnap50893

I still think unless it has a significant relation to Zelda it shouldn't be posted on the homepage. The Off-Topic thread is where most of that should go.

Well I guess it's just me. I'd think something relating ot the hardware of the Wii would affect LoZ games of the future, would it not? You could always add a little paragraph or so at the end that can shed some light on it's relation to LoZ which works fine.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kira-Shinobi
[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.OhhSnap50893
Stuff like that I think is already posted on the homepage, i believe Nuck posted an update when the first SSBB trailer was shown and it had TP Link in it.

Well then. There's one thing less to debate about. :)
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

Link2025

OMG

Sorry if it seems like I hate forum based games or something. I just don't want to see the board full of ill-conceived games that are forgotten about days later. Technically you can create any type of game that you wanted but just make sure you put forth the effort required to make it a successful game or experience.

which is why a think a Mod run Quiz would be a good idea, it could be posted on the homepage too. It includes games into the union's scenario without people just randomly posting a game on the board (say something about the person above you, rate the whatever above you, etc)
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 imnotwhite

Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi
Yeah for real If link wanst in the game i wouldm't have remembered playing the old soul calibur! or even be interested in fighting as i am now! And playing that game with link made me play SSBM more!

And then made me even more amped to see link's fighting skills in SSBB and TP!

And to ohhsnap: Yes i know he was referring to that part...

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi

Read that Imnotwhite :)
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kira-Shinobi

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.imnotwhite

Yeah for real If link wanst in the game i wouldm't have remembered playing the old soul calibur! or even be interested in fighting as i am now! And playing that game with link made me play SSBM more!

Same with me. Excpet I never played an SC game before SC2 and it was Link's crazy grapples that were shown on the commercials is what got me to buy SC2. Now look, it's my favourite game series of all time and Link OWNED as a character.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi

Same with me. Excpet I never played an SC game before SC2 and it was Link's crazy grapples that were shown on the commercials is what got me to buy SC2. Now look, it's my favourite game series of all time and Link OWNED as a character.

so you like Soul Calibur more than the legend of zelda?!?! that's crazy :o good series none the less though .... Back to enhancements :)
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 imnotwhite

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.OhhSnap50893

.......why you gotta hate on me man?

But what if Soul Cali Four comes out for Wii and allows you to customize link's fighting style, clothes, weapons, and .....dare I say VOICE?

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Link2025

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi

Stuff like that is acceptable. It has some relation to the Zelda Universe. Back when SSBB for the Wii was announced, I posted that the TP version of Link would be the new character model.

We aren't straying from the original intention of the announcement which had something Zelda related. We weren't talking about SSBB gameplay or any other charcters in-depth were we? SSBB is a different game. If you wanted to talk more about the game you could just do that in the off-topic thread or visit actual Smash Bros. dedicated Unions.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OhhSnap50893

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.imnotwhite

But what if Soul Cali Four comes out for Wii and allows you to customize link's fighting style, clothes, weapons, and .....dare I say VOICE?

I'm not hating on you, i'm showing you that that particular matter has already been resolved.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kira-Shinobi

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.OhhSnap50893

so you like Soul Calibur more than the legend of zelda?!?! that's crazy :o good series none the less though .... Back to enhancements :)

Hey it's just me, I just really like it. :) BTW it's nice to see all of this discussion has come of this thread. Very good for the union and it's development. :)
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Link2025
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi

Hey it's just me, I just really like it. :) BTW it's nice to see all of this discussion has come of this thread. Very good for the union and it's development. :)

We are still kind of venturing off-topic somewhat. Let's try to stay focused.

Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kira-Shinobi

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Link2025

Stuff like that is acceptable. It has some relation to the Zelda Universe. Back when SSBB for the Wii was announced, I posted that the TP version of Link would be the new character model.

We aren't straying from the original intention of the announcement which had something Zelda related. We weren't talking about SSBB gameplay or any other charcters in-depth were we? SSBB is a different game. If you wanted to talk more about the game you could just do that in the off-topic thread or visit actual Smash Bros. dedicated Unions.

Agreed. However threads could possibly be made by members if it's regarding that LoZ character in another game. I mean LoZ has a lot of fans and it's only right to inform them on anything that involves or relates to the LoZ games or cast of characters.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kira-Shinobi
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.OhhSnap50893

I'm not hating on you, i'm showing you that that particular matter has already been resolved.

I don't know if Namco will go so deep with the CAS mode but they may put Link in as a guest character again if that's what you're hoping for.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 imnotwhite

I agree with you there!

FIre arrows, bombs, spin attacks, kicks, grapples, illusions sword stabs, piggyback throws, sword plants, cyclone attack, Hi launcher to bow in the air combo, Ring out techniques, guard impacting, backflipping to jump attack, roll to rocket stab, make your opponent spin and then bring out the boomerang and hit him twice with that, pegasus boots style hyperdash attack, ABK to Bomb combo!

But it only made me love the zelda series and SC series more too!

And somehow i have a deeper love for Super Smash bros.

NEED I GO ON? That's what made link pwn!

anyway yeah that trivia thing is nice!

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Kira-Shinobi

I don't know if Namco will go so deep with the CAS mode but they may put Link in as a guest character again if that's what you're hoping for.

Well custom weaps and clothes/tunics is still cool!

But would we make an article about....NUCK WOULD! lol you know he would!

Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kira-Shinobi
[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Kira-Shinobi"]Things like LoZ characters being included in SSB titles or future Soul calibur games should be posted. I mean Link being in Soul Calibur II really helped it's success on the GameCube so it's not like it wasn't an impact.Link2025

We are still kind of venturing off-topic somewhat. Let's try to stay focused.

It isn't that bad man. I mean a small discussion relating to SC2 or SCIV and Link's involvement is great and is exactly what I was refering to. However this isn't the thread for it so I guess you're right. :P
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Link2025
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

OhhSnap50893

OMG

which is why a think a Mod run Quiz would be a good idea, it could be posted on the homepage too. It includes games into the union's scenario without people just randomly posting a game on the board (say something about the person above you, rate the whatever above you, etc)

Even though I'm a mod, I would still run by certain ideas to some of you and asking  for your input or for help if I needed it. Some of you are here more than certain mods so it just makes sense. You'll be the ones primarily participating in such games.

Oh and I have been thinking about redoing and running certain threads like the Zelda Quiz Thread. It's just a time issue I have and I still need to think about how I can make it better and fine tune it. Any suggestions would help but try to be logical here.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OhhSnap50893
>_> off-topic guys, Link2025 just said that :P
Calpalg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Calpalg
Member since 2004 • 16167 Posts
we could have... Inter-Union Quizzes! pretty hard to organise, granted, and i'm not sure how it'd work but it can be discussed nonetheless.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

Link2025

OMG

Even though I'm a mod, I would still run by certain ideas to some of you and asking  for your input or for help if I needed it. Some of you are here more than certain mods so it just makes sense. You'll be the ones primarily participating in such games.

Oh and I have been thinking about redoing and running certain threads like the Zelda Quiz Thread. It's just a time issue I have and I still need to think about how I can make it better and fine tune it. Any suggestions would help but try to be logical here.

since i'm currently running the Quiz Thread it'd be appreciated if any suggestions you have could be PMed to me first, obviousely you're an officer and i'm not but it would be appreciated :)
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kira-Shinobi
He probably would Imnotwhite. As I said, the fans have the right to know everything relating to LoZ and the Wii hardware should also be included to a certain extent. Even the Nintendo DS or DS Lite. Who knows what Nintendo might do to add some extra features to their portable systems that could add some unique gaming experiences for all DS games in general which would include Phantom Hourlgass. These are the things I mean that I think the union could benefit from posting it. Either on the homepage or just a topic.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Link2025

we could have... Inter-Union Quizzes! pretty hard to organise, granted, and i'm not sure how it'd work but it can be discussed nonetheless.Calpalg

I think the question would be, Is it worth the effort? That would be very complicated in general especially how Gamespot's forum design is.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OhhSnap50893

[QUOTE="Calpalg"]we could have... Inter-Union Quizzes! pretty hard to organise, granted, and i'm not sure how it'd work but it can be discussed nonetheless.Link2025

I think the question would be, Is it worth the effort? That would be very complicated in general especially how Gamespot's forum design is.

I agree with Link on this one, it would be hard to organize and would have to be between LoZ unions and other than this, the TP Union, and the Zelda Alliance there aren't manu successful ones.
Calpalg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 Calpalg
Member since 2004 • 16167 Posts

[QUOTE="Calpalg"]we could have... Inter-Union Quizzes! pretty hard to organise, granted, and i'm not sure how it'd work but it can be discussed nonetheless.Link2025

it would be interesting to try though would it not? if it was a joint effort...
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="Calpalg"]we could have... Inter-Union Quizzes! pretty hard to organise, granted, and i'm not sure how it'd work but it can be discussed nonetheless.Calpalg

it would be interesting to try though would it not? if it was a joint effort...

It's mostly a question of whether it's worth the time, it could be done but that doesn't mean it would be worth it, since we have over 3800 members I think it would be more profitable to just hold a quiz in our union.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kira-Shinobi
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="Calpalg"]we could have... Inter-Union Quizzes! pretty hard to organise, granted, and i'm not sure how it'd work but it can be discussed nonetheless.OhhSnap50893

I agree with Link on this one, it would be hard to organize and would have to be between LoZ unions and other than this, the TP Union, and the Zelda Alliance there aren't manu successful ones.

Agreed. It may work but it may not be truly successful.