The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks trailer!

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

I'm sure most of you have already heard about the new Zelda game announced at GDC. Well, someone on Youtube just posted a trailer. In it, Link is seen running a locomotive, using some sort of rope that sends tornadoes and even controlling an armor-clad sidekick that highly resembles the Phantoms from Phantom Hourglass.

So, what are your thoughts ? Very cool idea or PH rehash ? :P Let your opinions be known.

Avatar image for twilightlullaby
twilightlullaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 twilightlullaby
Member since 2008 • 5143 Posts
It's an interesting idea...my first impression was: Final Fantasy VII: The Zelda Edition because of the train. Some of the stuff looks like a rehash of PH but as long as they have different dungen music for every dungeon, I'll be fine.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I posted an update on the front page awhile back, looks like the Zelda universe is finally rolling.

However I'm only cautiously optimistic. The game appears like it's using the same engine, and many of the same models and textures as Phantom Hourglass. Hopefully this will have the traditional Zelda quality that we've all grown to love and expect.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamer4Iife

I posted an update on the front page awhile back, looks like the Zelda universe is finally rolling.

However I'm only cautiously optimistic. The game appears like it's using the same engine, and many of the same models and textures as Phantom Hourglass. Hopefully this will have the traditional Zelda quality that we've all grown to love and expect.

metroid_dragon

:o ...That reminds me. Remember the last 3D Zelda game to reuse the same engine and the same character models ? Yeah... :D

I'm hoping this to be Phantom Hourglass' Majora's Mask.

VelociBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VelociBlade
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

I hope it's not that much like Majora's Mask. The time limit thing was annoying. Also, the whole train thing seems a little... cheesy. I hope more details come out soon. Right now the game doesn't look that appealing to me.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gamer4Iife

I hope it's not that much like Majora's Mask. The time limit thing was annoying. Also, the whole train thing seems a little... cheesy. I hope more details come out soon. Right now the game doesn't look that appealing to me.

VelociBlade
I wasn't talking about the 3 day time limit or anything about its gameplay. I meant that I was hoping for Spirit Tracks to be different, yet similar to Phantom Hourglass, like how MM was to OOT.
SonPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SonPan
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts
Link looks adorable... i personally cant wait... I just got PH and I love it... im sad that im almost done but this game has made me so happy! More Zelda YAAY!
lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
it looks amazing. im just wondering what the story will be. i dont care about graphics. like i think they found a continent to settle on and theyre trying to form a new hyrule or something like that.
SonPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonPan
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts
That would be cool
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Cool,although I don't think its a PH sequel since its on land not sea.

Also,this song should be the main theme for the game

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gamer4Iife

:o ...That reminds me. Remember the last 3D Zelda game to reuse the same engine and the same character models ? Yeah... :D

I'm hoping this to be Phantom Hourglass' Majora's Mask.

Ah, very true. I didn't make the connection. Majora's Mask was an amazing game to say the least, and it re-used soo many models.

Fair enough, I guess I am being a bit prejudice there.

Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts
omfg....seriously nintendo gtfo wind waker already i hated that game and im freaking tired of these remakes that have an unbelivibly linear and bland storyline....if u ask me this takes place in the same universe as ww and if it doesnt nintendo needs to get off their fat@$$s and make new models...
Bigcol1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 Bigcol1611
Member since 2008 • 796 Posts
omfg....seriously nintendo gtfo wind waker already i hated that game and im freaking tired of these remakes that have an unbelivibly linear and bland storyline....if u ask me this takes place in the same universe as ww and if it doesnt nintendo needs to get off their fat@$$s and make new models...Al_Elric
Why fix it if it aint broken??