Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Lady_Sekhmet
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

Hey,

I want to try to get involved with Zelda since there's been quite a lot of fans for Zelda as well as Mario. However, I hate to start at TP without really knowing the "backstory" from the other games. I know people will say that OoT is one of the best in series.

I want to know what game should I start off at, then I'll go from there to finish the series up to TP.  I do have NES version of it for DS (well, it's an advance game though). I am not really crazy about it. 

I do have GameCube, Wii. 

Should I start off with OoT? WindWaker? Or just jump into TP without any past experience?

Thanks for any help! 

Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#2 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts
If you can get your hands on the GBA A Link to the Past/Four Swords game, I suggest ALttP (need 3 others for Four Swords, so skip that for now), then OoT, Majora's Mask, WW, TP. That's the order they were released, that is. MM is the same as OoT graphic-wise, maybe slightly better. And I'm sure you probably know WW is cell-shaded, but don't let the look fool you, the game is great. OoT is just... there aren't words to describe how great that game is. Imo, at least.
Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

If you can get your hands on the GBA A Link to the Past/Four Swords game, I suggest ALttP (need 3 others for Four Swords, so skip that for now), then OoT, Majora's Mask, WW, TP. That's the order they were released, that is. MM is the same as OoT graphic-wise, maybe slightly better. And I'm sure you probably know WW is cell-shaded, but don't let the look fool you, the game is great. OoT is just... there aren't words to describe how great that game is. Imo, at least.Aravix

that's the perfect way to go.

ultimaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ultimaxer
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
I'd say start with OoT because that game has a lot of story from zelda... and maybe one of the greatest games ever made.
Lady_Sekhmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lady_Sekhmet
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

Thanks to both of you!! Means a lot.

Darth-Sifh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Darth-Sifh
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts
I would go with Ocarina of Time. It is the earliest Zelda game storywise and one of the greatest Zelda games ever. Its on the Virtual Console for the Wii and part of the Collectors Edition for the Gamecube. Plus the Collectors Edition has all the main Zelda games except Windwaker so that probably would be a good choice.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

I'd go

-first AlttP or OoT

-the one in the first step you didnt choose

-MM

-WW

-TP

Some other good games are The Minish cap and Link's Awakening the gameboy colour one is still surprisingly good even though its aged. Four Swords adventures is good if u can find four people with four GBA to GC cables and Gameboy Advances or GBA SPs. I have yet to play the original two but i'l get around to it soon, i swore on Epona's life I wood. :?

cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 cms
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
yeah the game that I first played was minish cap and it got me hooked.
BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BGCD
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
I would go with Ocarina of Time. It is the earliest Zelda game storywise and one of the greatest Zelda games ever. Its on the Virtual Console for the Wii and part of the Collectors Edition for the Gamecube. Plus the Collectors Edition has all the main Zelda games except Windwaker so that probably would be a good choice.Darth-Sifh
Or ALttP... *back on topic* If you want to get into the story line, try playing OoT, then MM (not really important to the main story, just the OoT ending), then WW. ALttP would be a good choice too.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
I first started aLttP as my first zelda game and was hooked with the storyline of zelda ever since. It does a really great job setting the stage for many of the other LoZ games and it is fun and challenging as well.:) Definitely one to look into.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
As with most people in this thread. I agree that Link to the Past is what you should be starting on, it wouldn't hurt to play both LttP and OoT before TP to be honest. Although, nobody seems to be addressing the question you were asking about backstory, so I'll just add that you can easily start on TP and not be confused. The Zelda series is about gameplay, enviorments and characters, not about story. The story is usually quite good, but they don't really continue game to game with any regularity. You can play nearly any Zelda game first and it won't be that much of a problem. The one real exception to that is Majora's Mask.
wahotses-den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wahotses-den
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
OOT, no doubt!!!!