forgottenslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 forgottenslayer
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

Is there a storyline in Zelda? I've seen theroies but no hard cold facts.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I think you mean timeline. Uh, there isn't an official one, so the ones you've heard could be right.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Is there a storyline in Zelda? I've seen theroies but no hard cold facts.

forgottenslayer

There are no hard cold facts unfortunantly, it's pretty easy to place most games where they need to go in the chronology, and there is a split timeline theory as well.

This Article illustrates the most logical theories pretty well.

Ifnot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ifnot
Member since 2008 • 9828 Posts
Everybody has a diferent idea about the timeline.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I personally believe that every Zelda game is simply another story, with no real timeline with the exception of LOZ-AOL, OOT-MM, OOA-OOS, WW-PH
Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts

I personally believe that every Zelda game is simply another story, with no real timeline with the exception of LOZ-AOL, OOT-MM, OOA-OOS, WW-PHNWA_31

It would be nice if in another(future game) LoZ, explains what these legends really are(A really creative explanation)

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I personally believe that every Zelda game is simply another story, with no real timeline with the exception of LOZ-AOL, OOT-MM, OOA-OOS, WW-PHNWA_31

There is an actual timeline as confirmed by both Miyamoto and Aonuma, it's just that there's no official one. But all the games are deffinitaly linked.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]I personally believe that every Zelda game is simply another story, with no real timeline with the exception of LOZ-AOL, OOT-MM, OOA-OOS, WW-PHlebanese_boy

There is an actual timeline as confirmed by both Miyamoto and Aonuma, it's just that there's no official one. But all the games are deffinitaly linked.

Yeah they said that, but its seems more likely that Nintendo is making it up as it goes along.:P

However, newer Zelda games have appeared to be developed with an over all time line in mind, at least in comparison to previous titles.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#9 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Nintendo has admitted that a timeline exist and that someday they will tell us (probably in about 20 years). They have almost admited that the split timeline theory is correct. They didn't actually say it, however in one of the interviews it was kind of obvious (seargh the union board for timeline theory topics if you want to find that interview).