AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 AJ_THE_GREAT
Member since 2004 • 1167 Posts
What was your opinion of it? I thought it was fun for the first 20 minutes, but after that it began to seem like a chore to get from one place to another.
Wenolas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Wenolas
Member since 2005 • 164 Posts

I agree at times it got old, especially when you had to go long distances. With that said, I think it is a good idea. I mean if we weren't sailing, we would be running from place to place. It just gives it a more realistic feel. The map was just small enough to make it reasonable.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I really enjoyed pretty much every minute of it :)

I loved sailing around and the feeling of freedom that it entailed. A great idea, that should probably not be repeated too soon again :P for it would lose its originality.
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
it was nice that you could point link in the direction you want him to go, and you could put down the controller and do something else during it.
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
I have to agree sailing was an original idea, but it got old really fast. It took way to long to cross the map. I also found it was easiest to just point Link in the right direction and set down the controller. Since I used a Wavebird I was able to save battery power that way. Just put it down and turn it off. And I assume you didn't mean to title this "Winder Waker".
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
I agree, sailing got old really fast. I had to put my controller down too. (i sometimes went to drink something)
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
sailing was fun there was alot of things to do like fighting and treasure finding while on open sea
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
I didn't mind the sailing. What was really annoying was always having to play the Song of Winds to change wind direction. Giving us an option to skip the wind animation would've been nice, similar to how you can skip the mask animations in Majora's Mask.
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
I didn't mind sailing the first time through because I always was finding treasures... but the 2nd and 3rd time around made me begin to hate sailing.
BballCody9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BballCody9
Member since 2004 • 1057 Posts
I don't know I never played Winder Waker, anyways it was fun but the needed islands were too far apart I mean sailing from Windfall to Outset!! I put the controller down and came back a half an hour later I still wasnt there lol.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BurningDragoon

I didn't mind the sailing. What was really annoying was always having to play the Song of Winds to change wind direction. Giving us an option to skip the wind animation would've been nice, similar to how you can skip the mask animations in Majora's Mask. DaAznSaN

i agree, having to play the song everytime you needed to change the direction of the wind really sucked.

alpha99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 alpha99
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts
I really enjoyed sailing around the world, especially before the map is complete. I love the excitement of getting to a new island and figuring out what to do there. I also liked when the ocean got stormy and choppy (although the waves never really got all that big.) What was more annoying about the sailing was changing the wind, especially when you had to change the wind a few times (like if you somehow picked the wrong direction). But In the end I really liked the sailing, even though I still prefer the land based zelda style.
AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AJ_THE_GREAT

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"]I didn't mind the sailing. What was really annoying was always having to play the Song of Winds to change wind direction. Giving us an option to skip the wind animation would've been nice, similar to how you can skip the mask animations in Majora's Mask. BurningDragoon

i agree, having to play the song everytime you needed to change the direction of the wind really sucked.

It sure did.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaAznSaN
Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.IkeXC07

The great thing about riding Epona through Hyrule is that the scenery is constantly changing. As you ride, the terrain changes and you'll see different landmarks. You'll see forests and desert and snowy mountains.

The problem with sailing is that you out in the big blue sea and you're always looking at the same thing: water. The islands can be pretty varied but they're nowhere near as fun to look at, especially when you're so far away that all you see is a black silhouette.

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BurningDragoon

[QUOTE="IkeXC07"]Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.DaAznSaN

The great thing about riding Epona through Hyrule is that the scenery is constantly changing. As you ride, the terrain changes and you'll see different landmarks. You'll see forests and desert and snowy mountains.

The problem with sailing is that you out in the big blue sea and you're always looking at the same thing: water. The islands can be pretty varied but they're nowhere near as fun to look at, especially when you're so far away that all you see is a black silhouette.

Thats true.

IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IkeXC07

[QUOTE="IkeXC07"]Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.DaAznSaN

That is one of the reasons I am looking forward to the new zelda so much is because Nintendo is bringing back horseback and it look like you are going to be able to take it with you everywhere in the new. Also you are going to be able to use the sword. I probably would have enjoyed sailing more if I could have used my sword to slash down near by ships.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaAznSaN

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.IkeXC07

That is one of the reasons I am looking forward to the new zelda so much is because Nintendo is bringing back horseback and it look like you are going to be able to take it with you everywhere in the new. Also you are going to be able to use the sword. I probably would have enjoyed sailing more if I could have used my sword to slash down near by ships.

I don't think swords would be effective against other ships... but to use it against the seahats and gyorgs would be awesome.

Oh, and it kind of stinks you couldn't use a weapon while sailing (like the bow to snipe seahats before they can harass you).

epic_nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 epic_nemesis
Member since 2005 • 3630 Posts
i loved the sailing, and just when it started to get old i learned the cycolone sone thing, i forget its name. what really got old and annoying was the damn triforce peices, i would have much rather had an extra dungeon or 2, that was 1 on myamoto's worst moments, and even with that, the game was awesome
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IkeXC07
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.DaAznSaN

I don't think swords would be effective against other ships... but to use it against the seahats and gyorgs would be awesome.

Oh, and it kind of stinks you couldn't use a weapon while sailing (like the bow to snipe seahats before they can harass you).

You could use your boomerang and the bomb became a cannon on the ship that was pretty cool

AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AJ_THE_GREAT
Who here was relieved when they got the teleport song? (name skips my mind)
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts

Who here was relieved when they got the teleport song? (name skips my mind)AJ_THE_GREAT

yes it was very nice that you no longer needed to sail everywhere.

mantidor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mantidor
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts
Who here was relieved when they got the teleport song? (name skips my mind)AJ_THE_GREAT
ballad of gales if I remember correctly. I got stuck in that part.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34630 Posts

I loved to sail in Wind Waker. Especially at nights.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaAznSaN
[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]Sailing was fun but it still doesn't beat riding your horse on Hyrule Field.IkeXC07

You could use your boomerang and the bomb became a cannon on the ship that was pretty cool

I know you can use weapons while on the ship (you have to use the cannon) but I meant it stinks how you can't sail while using a bow, for example. If you take out a weapon, you'll put the sail away and the boat will stop immediately.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaAznSaN

You can get the song right after the Tower of Gods but I didn't realize on my first playthrough that such a song exists. I was under the notion that tornadoes were very, very bad so I never came close to one.

When I needed to go to Mother & Child Isle, to get the Fire and Ice Arrows, I had to check a guide because I had no clue you needed the song to reach the inside. It seemed a little subtle.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34630 Posts

[QUOTE="AJ_THE_GREAT"]Who here was relieved when they got the teleport song? (name skips my mind)DaAznSaN

You can get the song right after the Tower of Gods but I didn't realize on my first playthrough that such a song exists. I was under the notion that tornadoes were very, very bad so I never came close to one.

When I needed to go to Mother & Child Isle, to get the Fire and Ice Arrows, I had to check a guide because I had no clue you needed the song to reach the inside. It seemed a little subtle.

If you've made your sig by yourself, I admire you.

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
[QUOTE="AJ_THE_GREAT"]Who here was relieved when they got the teleport song? (name skips my mind)DaAznSaN

I just was looking for a map on that Island and I teleported inside
AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AJ_THE_GREAT
[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="AJ_THE_GREAT"]Who here was relieved when they got the teleport song? (name skips my mind)Sizzletop

I just was looking for a map on that Island and I teleported inside

Samething happened to me.
rbarahona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rbarahona
Member since 2004 • 1369 Posts
i loved the sailing, and just when it started to get old i learned the cycolone sone thing, i forget its name. what really got old and annoying was the damn triforce peices, i would have much rather had an extra dungeon or 2, that was 1 on myamoto's worst moments, and even with that, the game was awesomeepic_nemesis

I agree, it was cool and very funny, but those triforce pieces drove me nuts. One or two more dungeons should have been great. I think they experimented with a new way to travel through the world, and it was great, but sometimes sailing was kind of idle time, nevertheless TWW was a great game.