dmanofalcatraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dmanofalcatraz
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts

The last one was in july? there should be a forum like this going all the time, its the ZELDA UNION!!!

well here are two i found on the internet

Minish Cap

Four Swords

-------A Ocarina Of Time B

--------------Majoras Mask ---------Wind Waker

-------------Twilight Princess -----Phantom Hourglass

------------Four Swords Advent. ---Zelda

--------------A link to the Past -----Zelda 2

-----------Oracle of ages/Seasons

------------Links Awakening

And the Second One

Ocarina of Time

Aol Backstory

Majoras Mask

Links Awakening

Twilight Princess

Minish Cap

Oracle Of Ages/Seasons

Four Swords

Four Swords Advent.

Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

Imprisoning War

Link to the Past

Zelda

Zelda 2

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 brick_player
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
what are you tlking ? the oder or somethin if so there all mixed up
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
Am I the only one here that does not like discussing the Zelda timeline? To me, the Legend of Zelda is exactly what it is; a legend, a tale about a young boy saving the land from evil that everyone knows, yet there are always different variations of that story. I think it's obvious that most Zelda games were designed without a timeline in mind and I don't understand why so many people can't accept that and always try to tie them all together... let it go. Just like Link doesn't need dialogues, the series does not need a timeline. And before anyone mentions it, yes I do know that Miyamoto-san (or was it Aonuma? I forgot... ) said something about OOT being before TP. But if you ask me, the dude doesn't have a clue either, he's just making stuff up so we can all STFU about timelines. :P
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brick_player
oh thats what your tlking bout oh ok and i agree but yet sorry the order i say the hell with anyone who disgrees it lengend of zedla zedla 2 link to the past links awanking than the ocales then the four sword games OoT than MM than TP and winderwaker (the split time thingy) and then phatom hourglass ps idk bout the minish cap ive never played it and i may forgotten a few lol (NOTE THE CDI GAMES ARENT ZEDLA)
Lennah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lennah
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts
I don't think their is one long timeline for Zelda. There's some that are connected. Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask and then Wind Waker, and Phantom Hour Glass, so there's a small timeline, but I don't think every Zelda game is connected in one long line.
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brick_player
then how come they related to past zedla games?
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamer4Iife

i just accept each new game as exactly what it is, a new adventure in the zelda universe

thrubeingcool13

Yeah, that's basically what I do.

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brick_player
how can you i lest have to know what its a follow up to
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#10 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Zelda games shouldn't have any connection to its predesscors it should just be a joy to play and have a good story.
Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts
if you have enough time to connect all the games together perfectly and look at the games close enough to do that then you need to get a life....sorry
Neo_Ike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Neo_Ike
Member since 2007 • 10682 Posts

No, I will not write a block of text to explain my timeline theory again, I refuse!:o

BTW, 4 swords and $ swords adventures go together, there the same duo, same time, but u can just scratch off 4 swords and no one will mind anyways>_>

But the discusion of the Zelda timeline can be considered pointless to those have a straigh forwardway of thinking (which is boring BTW) so maybe it's best to not bring it up since not many people can calmy speculate about the infamous timeline theories without bursting into an argument

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brick_player
well i must have no life but hey oh well im only 14 i still have a long life to get one im just lazy and so are all my friends
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15 ShootTheCore
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts

Okay, there is a master document that connects all the games, Miyamoto said so himself.  So that means that there is a coherent timeline.  Sometimes I do like to read fan timelines, just to see what people are thinking, but I'm not going to spend hours and hours debating what games fit where. 

One of the best timeline theories I've heard, or seen rather, was the one that GT did for it's 6 part LoZ retrospective.  Here's the link, if you haven't seen it:

Part 1

Part 2 

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Okay, there is a master document that connects all the games, Miyamoto said so himself.  So that means that there is a coherent timeline.  Sometimes I do like to read fan timelines, just to see what people are thinking, but I'm not going to spend hours and hours debating what games fit where. 

One of the best timeline theories I've heard, or seen rather, was the one that GT did for it's 6 part LoZ retrospective.  Here's the link, if you haven't seen it:

Part 1

Part 2 

ShootTheCore

Those were some very good videos. Did they ever edit them to include Twilight Princess? Phantom Hourglass fits in well enough but TP added some new material to the equation.

shadowlink8P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 shadowlink8P
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="thrubeingcool13"]

i just accept each new game as exactly what it is, a new adventure in the zelda universe

Gamer4Iife

Yeah, that's basically what I do.

th is what i do to there is no timeline there all just new adventures in the world of zelda. 8P

dmanofalcatraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dmanofalcatraz

Okay, there is a master document that connects all the games, Miyamoto said so himself. So that means that there is a coherent timeline. Sometimes I do like to read fan timelines, just to see what people are thinking, but I'm not going to spend hours and hours debating what games fit where.

One of the best timeline theories I've heard, or seen rather, was the one that GT did for it's 6 part LoZ retrospective. Here's the link, if you haven't seen it:

Part 1

Part 2

ShootTheCore

im sorry but the timeline GT made seems to me totally wrong

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brick_player
my computer is slow and hates me so it wont play any videos anymore so what is there timeline someone plz
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ShootTheCore

okay, it's hard to describe, so I'll do it roughly.

Minish Cap is the first one. The evidence they give for this is that the Hero they mention is the Hero of Man, not the Hero of Time, which is how past incarnations of Link are referred to in every other game. The game also tells the story of how the reoccurring hero first obtains his silly little Peter Pan hat, which he has in every other game.

Next is, Four Swords, I think, because it explains how Ganondorf gets the Trident. This game may or may not feature the same Link as Minish Cap.

Then it's Ocarina of Time, which definitely features a new Link. Ocarina of Time splits the timeline into Universe A and Universe B, as Zelda sends link back at the end of the game to live his childhood, which creates two dimensions, one with Link, one without. And Miyamoto has verified this particular part of the theory to be true in an interview about Wind Waker.

The next game in Universe A is Majora's Mask, as it's about young Link (same one from OoT) looking for Navi.

This is followed by Link's Awakening, which, they claim, takes place immediately after Majora's Mask, as Link (the same Link from OoT, MM) is trying to get back to Hyrule via boat, which is how the game starts off.

This is followed by the first Zelda game for the NES. Link (The same link from OoT, MM and LA) returns to Hyrule and finds, that even though he warned the king of Ganon's evil intents, Ganon still managed to find the Triforce of power and is, currently, using it to wage war against Hyrule.

Next is Zelda II, which is the, obvious, followup to Zelda one, same Link, continuation of the story, etc.

Then it'sLink To The Past, which is a different Link, once again, fighting a reincarnation of Ganon.

Meanwhile in Universe B, you have a different Link for WindWaker. The return of Ganon and the absence of Link mentioned in the opening sequence is an obvious reference to the events that happened at the end of OoT where Link was sent back in time.

They also theorize that Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Season where supposed to be taking place simultaneously in universe A and universe B, but they don't discuss which one was in which universe.

Keep in mind, that i don't agree with every point of this theory, but I like it, I find it more endearing then alot of theories I've heard.

dmanofalcatraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dmanofalcatraz

3 things wrong

1: links Awakeening dosent have to come before loz 1 because even direct sequals dont have all the wepons form the previous game so why force it there

2: at the end of the second oracle game it shows link on a boat begining of links awakening link on a boat

3: one oracle comes after the other not at the same time

ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShootTheCore
like I said, I don't completely agree with the GT theory, but I found in interesting. There are other problems too; like, isn't there mention in the manual for Link's Awakening that it's the same Link from Link to the Past?
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#23 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Trying to find a reasonable explaination to try to connect the Zelda games is just ridiculous.
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShootTheCore

Trying to find a reasonable explaination to try to connect the Zelda games is just ridiculous.chocolate1325

Not really, Miyamoto said that their is a timeline and all the games are connected; he's just not willing to divulge that information yet.  And their definetly are, clear, references to past games in, almost, every Zelda game; it's ridiculous not to assume that this is some kind of attempt at creating a canonical universe.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gamer4Iife
ShootTheCore, why do you suppose that is ? He claims he has the perfect timeline that countless hardcore fans have failed to make, but refuses to tell everyone ? Yeah, I'm not buying it for a second. :? If you still believe the series has a timeline, just look at the difficulty you had explaining yours. If there really was an attempt to create a timeline for the series, don't you think the story should have made more sense with each new game entry, as opposed to becoming even more weird and convoluted ?
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShootTheCore

ShootTheCore, why do you suppose that is ? He claims he has the perfect timeline that countless hardcore fans have failed to make, but refuses to tell everyone ? Yeah, I'm not buying it for a second. :? If you still believe the series has a timeline, just look at the difficulty you had explaining yours. If there really was an attempt to create a timeline for the series, don't you think the story should have made more sense with each new game entry, as opposed to becoming even more weird and convoluted ?Gamer4Iife

Well for starters, the timeline theory isn't my timeling theory, it's GT's timeline theory; I have some issues with that particular theory, but I just like it, for some reason.

But I mean, what's your theory? Why would Miyamoto lie about there being a master document that connects all the games?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]ShootTheCore, why do you suppose that is ? He claims he has the perfect timeline that countless hardcore fans have failed to make, but refuses to tell everyone ? Yeah, I'm not buying it for a second. :? If you still believe the series has a timeline, just look at the difficulty you had explaining yours. If there really was an attempt to create a timeline for the series, don't you think the story should have made more sense with each new game entry, as opposed to becoming even more weird and convoluted ?ShootTheCore

Well for starters, the timeline theory isn't my timeling theory, it's GT's timeline theory; I have some issues with that particular theory, but I just like it, for some reason.

But I mean, what's your theory? Why would Miyamoto lie about there being a master document that connects all the games?

I'm of the opinion that while there is a master timeline for all the games, it is incomplete. Miyamoto likely has a timeline set up that includes games that have not been developed. Each future Zelda game has a plot that is already planned and drafted, even if it is a generalized and open-ended draft. And as the series progresses the timeline will start coming together.

Since the series has already proven itself not to release in any particular order. future games can take place at any point in the timeline, that leaves many possibilities for making the timeline feasible. If the series was being released chronologically I would be more skeptical, but I think there is still plenty of room to work with to make the series' timeline fall into place.

ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShootTheCore
I'm still waiting for the game that goes into the legend of the Hero of Man talked about at the begining Minish Cap; I think that would be pretty cool.