supersonic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersonic12
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I have made a Timeline! Hoorah! It uses the Evil Link Theory.

Hyrule A:

OoT

MM

WW

PH

Hyrule B:

OoT

TP

This Timeline is made from games I've Played.

Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

It says it's from the games you've played, but Phantom Hourglass is on there. But we all know it comes directly after WW, so that would be it's right spot anyways.

Would you care to explain why the games are in that specific order?

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

It says it's from the games you've played, but Phantom Hourglass is on there. But we all know it comes directly after WW, so that would be it's right spot anyways.

marshiemallowma
Yeah, and strangly, why is there two Ocarina of Time's? Why don't you add Twilight Princess inbetween Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I don't think there is such thing as a Hyrule A and B :lol: :P
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
Its best to explain the reasoning behind the time line in question and try to include all the games as well. Plus, what do you mean by the two Oots? I assume that one is in regards to the child ending while the other is in regards to the adult ending, but it is not specified which one is which.
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 *NintendoMania
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
Here is my opinion, Orcarina, MM, TP, WW, PH,
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerGirlPwnz
Here is my opinion, Orcarina, MM, TP, WW, PH,nintendomania
Yeah. And then you have Link To The Past, Link's Adventure, Link's Awakening, as the first few. The you would include Four Swords, Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons inbetween.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

Hyrule A:

OoT

MM

WW

PH

Hyrule B:

OoT

TP

supersonic12
U know that MM is a direct sequel to OOT right? like i mean only months after.
facit_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 facit_90
Member since 2005 • 840 Posts
I believe LA must be a direct sequel to ALttP. The intro shows quite clear it's a sequel (sailing a way from hyrule for new adventures). I think that was mentioned in the game book too. Anyway, the latest game before LA was ALttP, so it is most likely that LA was a direct sequel to that one. Also, even if it was released after OoT (was it?) I think LA originally was the second Zelda game developed for the SNES that was never completed.
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
I believe LA must be a direct sequel to ALttP. The intro shows quite clear it's a sequel (sailing a way from hyrule for new adventures). I think that was mentioned in the game book too. Anyway, the latest game before LA was ALttP, so it is most likely that LA was a direct sequel to that one. Also, even if it was released after OoT (was it?) I think LA originally was the second Zelda game developed for the SNES that was never completed.
facit_90

LA definitely came out before OoT.  While it did come out right after aLttP, and was supposed to be a direct sequel, it doesn't neccessarily have to be.  The booklet just says how Link had defeated Ganon, but the people of Hyrule were afraid that he might be reborn, or another threat might arise.  To calm their fears, Link went on a journey to become stronger.  It doesn't actually say anything about aLttP.  Thus, the game can theoretically fit anywhere in the Timeline immediately after Ganon has been defeated.  I personally put LA after the Oracle series.
BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 BGCD
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
[QUOTE="supersonic12"]

Hyrule A:

OoT

MM

WW

PH

Hyrule B:

OoT

TP

zeldafreak4life

That's why he included it in the Hyrule A, which I would assume would be the child ending of OoT. Since in the adult ending Link did not become a child again, MM can't happen after that. ...right?
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="zeldafreak4life"][QUOTE="supersonic12"]

Hyrule A:

OoT

MM

WW

PH

Hyrule B:

OoT

TP

BGCD

That's why he included it in the Hyrule A, which I would assume would be the child ending of OoT. Since in the adult ending Link did not become a child again, MM can't happen after that. ...right?

WW only occurs after the adult ending of Oot, or at least that is the general consensus. Hence, MM and WW cannot be in the same timeline in a split timeline scenario.
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zeldafreak4life
[QUOTE="BGCD"][QUOTE="zeldafreak4life"][QUOTE="supersonic12"]

Hyrule A:

OoT

MM

WW

PH

Hyrule B:

OoT

TP

Gary_Jinfield

WW only occurs after the adult ending of Oot, or at least that is the general consensus. Hence, MM and WW cannot be in the same timeline in a split timeline scenario.

Timelines really get annoying after a while because it seems almost as if people are rambling. We all get the point but when its put in text, we all misunderstand eachother and it makes things confusing.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerGirlPwnz
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="BGCD"][QUOTE="zeldafreak4life"][QUOTE="supersonic12"]

Hyrule A:

OoT

MM

WW

PH

Hyrule B:

OoT

TP

zeldafreak4life

Timelines really get annoying after a while because it seems almost as if people are rambling. We all get the point but when its put in text, we all misunderstand eachother and it makes things confusing.

:lol: Yeah, why couldn't Zelda be more understanding? :lol: Not even Zelda; the timelines! :lol:
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts
[QUOTE="marshiemallowma"]

GamerGirlPwnz
Yeah, and strangly, why is there two Ocarina of Time's? Why don't you add Twilight Princess inbetween Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I don't think there is such thing as a Hyrule A and B :lol: :P

Um... IT says in the game majora's mask is a direct sequel to ocarina of time. That is a perfect timeline.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamerGirlPwnz
[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="marshiemallowma"]

gigabrowser12

Um... IT says in the game majora's mask is a direct sequel to ocarina of time. That is a perfect timeline.

Instead of making a Hyrule B, why didn't supersonic12 put Twilight Princess between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker? It is said that Wind Waker is after Twilight Princess, and that Twilight Princess is a while after Ocarina of Time. If he's refering to Hyrule A as Link as a child, then that would be correct; because in Twilight Princess there was never a scene of Link as a child; he was always an adult. That would only mean Hyrule B is Link as an adult; then that is correct. All that must be added is Link's Awakening, A Link To The Past, [the old-school Zelda games :P], Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons, [Gameboy games], etc.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
Its really tough to make any direct sense to the method of chronology to the LoZ series because in some games link has family members and in many others he doesn't.  So maybe, Link to the Past and link's Awakening occur right before OoT because link has an uncle in Link to the Past.  So perhaps OoT is what happens to him after his uncle dies
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zeldafreak4life
[QUOTE="gigabrowser12"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="marshiemallowma"]

GamerGirlPwnz

Instead of making a Hyrule B, why didn't supersonic12 put Twilight Princess between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker? It is said that Wind Waker is after Twilight Princess, and that Twilight Princess is a while after Ocarina of Time. If he's refering to Hyrule A as Link as a child, then that would be correct; because in Twilight Princess there was never a scene of Link as a child; he was always an adult. That would only mean Hyrule B is Link as an adult; then that is correct. All that must be added is Link's Awakening, A Link To The Past, [the old-school Zelda games :P], Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons, [Gameboy games], etc.

Who cares? I didnt read it really becasue im just sick of timelines. Sooooooo w/e
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerGirlPwnz
[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="gigabrowser12"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="marshiemallowma"]

zeldafreak4life

Who cares? I didnt read it really becasue im just sick of timelines. Sooooooo w/e

...Then why did you bother even making a timeline if your sick of them? :lol:
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gary_Jinfield
Its really tough to make any direct sense to the method of chronology to the LoZ series because in some games link has family members and in many others he doesn't. So maybe, Link to the Past and link's Awakening occur right before OoT because link has an uncle in Link to the Past. So perhaps OoT is what happens to him after his uncle diesJukedSolid

The Link in Oot is younger, was brought to the forest by his mother, and has had no adventuring experience or at least no recollection of adventures of such magnitude. At any rate, what of Ganon appearing before achieving his Pig form? Why is the Sacred Realm back? (The Dark World is presumably destroyed in Alttp) Not to mention the Triforce returning to said realm. There are too many contradictions in placing Alttp before Oot that require far too much speculation.

The idea behind time line theories is to come up with a time line that requires as little speculation as possible given the current information available. All theories require a certain amount of speculation, otherwise the time line would already be known. The goal is to limit the amount of speculation as much as possible with viable theories.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#20 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I'm affraid you can't make a timeline with only five games when there is (I'm not quite sure) 13 or 14 games. And by the way. You say that the ones you have on your list is the ones you have played, so am I supposed to think that you have played PH?
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#21 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
And by the way, that was for the original poster
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrumminDoc
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier if nuck44 or one of the officers created a thread specifically for the timeline where we all discuss it and they edit the agreed upon timeline (original post) if anybody makes a convincing argument? That way all the facts would be there should anyone post direct quotes of games or manuals. And people won't have to critique everyone who comes in with their own ideas that everyone has heard before because the union hasn't established any for all of us.
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
finaly, a timeline I agree with, but your missing MC, Minish cap is the first game in thein chronological order , it's been confirmed
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamerGirlPwnz
finaly, a timeline I agree with, but your missing MC, Minish cap is the first game in thein chronological order , it's been confirmed glennwinton
Seriously? Minish Cap is the first game in the chronological order? :? I thought it would be somewhere with Four Swords or the Oracle of Seasons... :shock:
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ocarina_jedi
As far as timeline theories go, I recommend this.  Head over to www.gametrailers.com and search for 'zelda retrospective part 6' (the first 5 parts of the retrospective were examinations of all of the games leading up to Twilight Princess).  This video is their own idea of the timeline.  I don't agree with it 100% (in fact I disagree with a lot of it, and now that Twilight Princess is out, it disproves more of it), but it's a good starting point for making a timeline.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gary_Jinfield

As far as timeline theories go, I recommend this. Head over to www.gametrailers.com and search for 'zelda retrospective part 6' (the first 5 parts of the retrospective were examinations of all of the games leading up to Twilight Princess). This video is their own idea of the timeline. I don't agree with it 100% (in fact I disagree with a lot of it, and now that Twilight Princess is out, it disproves more of it), but it's a good starting point for making a timeline.ocarina_jedi

You'd be better off forming your own opinion really by playing the games and coming to your own conclusions as a starting point. If anyone really wants to learn more about timelines, I would suggest this thread , although it is out of date and slightly bias towards a particular timeline.

ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ocarina_jedi

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]As far as timeline theories go, I recommend this. Head over to www.gametrailers.com and search for 'zelda retrospective part 6' (the first 5 parts of the retrospective were examinations of all of the games leading up to Twilight Princess). This video is their own idea of the timeline. I don't agree with it 100% (in fact I disagree with a lot of it, and now that Twilight Princess is out, it disproves more of it), but it's a good starting point for making a timeline.Gary_Jinfield

You'd be better off forming your own opinion really by playing the games and coming to your own conclusions as a starting point. If anyone really wants to learn more about timelines, I would suggest this thread , although it is out of date and slightly bias towards a particular timeline.

I have played all of the games (except for Four Swords, and I haven't finished Adventure of Link), but I thought that that video brought up a few good ideas that I hadn't thought of, even though I have played just about the entire series.  Anybody else in need of a similar starting point could look here, I feel.Â