lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts

ok so i dont agree with that article at all and i usually agree with them but with this one i didnt.

lets start with the making of The Majoras Mask. The game states that the ancient ones made the mask but sealed it away due to its evil natures/powers. i think that these ancient ones lived in the valley of inka, becasue one of the garo state that this valley is stained with blood and war which sense the majoras mask is evil seems like a natural place (lets call this kingdom majoras kingdom). so i think that these ancient oes had a royal family but were losing control of their kingdome so they made the mask but found it to take a life of its own and grew evil and it destroyed everything in its path until confronted by another kingdom.

I think this kindgom was the kingdom who made the fierce diety mask (so lets for names sake call them the diety kingdom) and i believe that this kindom was at constant war with the other kingdom so they decided to make their own mask when news of the majoras mask reached their ears.i also believe that these people where a kinder people which helped keep their mask good and not evil

so the diety kingdom brings their army with a warrior wearing the mask and confronts the other in a final battle getting rid of all but the 2 wearers of the masks and their masks. so the battle takes its toll and kills the wearers. so lets leave it at that for now and ill get back to it

know for the 4 giants, i believe that they and the 3 godesses where allies and liked eachother and the giants allowed this battle and the creation of the masks becasue they wanted their people to chose their own destiny but the majoras mask was to much of a threat

now back to the battle, so the masks almost destroy eachother and the land but the giants take the majoras mask soul and locks it so that only a person of pure heart can turn it on again and puts it back into the mask. soon they decide to do that with the diety mask due to fear of the mask ending up like the other.

Now i also believe that the civilians of the tribes banded together after setteling differences and formed clock town and got rid of kings and got a mayor so that one tribe dosent rule the other for all time and that its up to all to pick whose but for leadership

now for the triforce marks, i believe that those where put there as signs of allegence with the godesses and hyrule i also believe that the hand thing is sign that the people are religious and like all dietys and that the majoras mask signs are from the majora kingdom having faith in that mask but didnt bother tearing them down

thats it but believe what u want to believe but im just putting my theory out there.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

That's a good theory, but I don't think there ever was a "Deity Kingdom".

The name Deity implies the mask was probably divine. It's more likely that it was made by the gods than by humans. The fact it was inside the moon means whoever put it there wasn't your average joe.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Here's a very interesting theory I found in Wikipedia:

"The manga by Akira Himekawa, although not by official Nintendo authors, provides a side story that attempts to explain the origin of the Mask. The Mask is revealed to be an ancient and dangerous artifact made from the body armor of a legendary beast, Majora. According to a myth devised "by the humans themselves," the beast's armor was supposed to grant wishes and hold a great and terrible power. Nevertheless, all who approached Majora, warriors, men and women alike, even with good intentions, were devoured without remorse by the beast. After centuries of a woeful and solitary existence, a being disguised as a human musician (resembling the Fierce Deity) approached Majora, and offered it eternal rest, not by fighting, but by playing music. Majora happily began to dance, but in the end died of exhaustion after three days of agony. The musician removed the armor's body parts from Majora, and from them he carved Majora's Mask, attempting to bring an end to the solitude of the beast and the fear and ambition of the people.

Somehow, Majora's Mask ended up in the hands of early Terminian tribes, and became known as the Mask of the Devil. Majora's Mask gained its power from the evil desires that people had in their minds as they were devoured by the beast, or when they cast the hexes when the armor was made into the mask. As it passed from member to member in the tribe it accumulated its power until it was too much to control. The tribe died out, but the mask still rested in darkness, until the Happy Mask Salesman recovered it after a long search. In the end of this story, the Mask's wish-granting power is destroyed, but the reasons behind its apocalypse and the motivation behind the Salesman's quest for it are never revealed. In the Manga, Majora's Mask has more of a personality, where seemed playful, but still evil and psychotic, since its ideas of fun were twisted and consisted playing with the lives of others, and it feels no remorse for its actions."

Majora was a legendary beast and the mask was a part of his body armor. A musician, who looked like the Fierce Deity Link, played a song (Song of Healing, perhaps ?), which caused Majora to dance non-stop and die of exhaustion after 3 days.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#4 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I believe Majora's Mask was either made by Majora who was defeated and sealed his/her last poer into the mask, or Majora was forced into the mask when she was defeated by the godesses. I can hardly believe that someone else made the mask. Since you fight Majora's wrath, Majora must have existed. Another alternative is that Majora simply was diing of age, but didn't want to leave the land entirely, so she made the mask so that she could still posses those who wore it.

Anyway the game tells us little about who Majora was. It only tells the story of the mask, and just a very little part of it's story. Maybe there will be a game where you actually have the real Majora as a main villain. I really can't settle with the little I know about the early history of Termina. I really wish for an MM prequel.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

Here's a very interesting theory I found in Wikipedia:

"The manga by Akira Himekawa, although not by official Nintendo authors, provides a side story that attempts to explain the origin of the Mask. The Mask is revealed to be an ancient and dangerous artifact made from the body armor of a legendary beast, Majora. According to a myth devised "by the humans themselves," the beast's armor was supposed to grant wishes and hold a great and terrible power. Nevertheless, all who approached Majora, warriors, men and women alike, even with good intentions, were devoured without remorse by the beast. After centuries of a woeful and solitary existence, a being disguised as a human musician (resembling the Fierce Deity) approached Majora, and offered it eternal rest, not by fighting, but by playing music. Majora happily began to dance, but in the end died of exhaustion after three days of agony. The musician removed the armor's body parts from Majora, and from them he carved Majora's Mask, attempting to bring an end to the solitude of the beast and the fear and ambition of the people.

Somehow, Majora's Mask ended up in the hands of early Terminian tribes, and became known as the Mask of the Devil. Majora's Mask gained its power from the evil desires that people had in their minds as they were devoured by the beast, or when they cast the hexes when the armor was made into the mask. As it passed from member to member in the tribe it accumulated its power until it was too much to control. The tribe died out, but the mask still rested in darkness, until the Happy Mask Salesman recovered it after a long search. In the end of this story, the Mask's wish-granting power is destroyed, but the reasons behind its apocalypse and the motivation behind the Salesman's quest for it are never revealed. In the Manga, Majora's Mask has more of a personality, where seemed playful, but still evil and psychotic, since its ideas of fun were twisted and consisted playing with the lives of others, and it feels no remorse for its actions."

Majora was a legendary beast and the mask was a part of his body armor. A musician, who looked like the Fierce Deity Link, played a song (Song of Healing, perhaps ?), which caused Majora to dance non-stop and die of exhaustion after 3 days.

NWA_31

Yeah, but it is important you say it is only a theory. You can't really believe in everything you read on wikipedia, especially not since this one is based on a manga. This is as much speculation as everything we are saying.