linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

I got my copy via a good friend, Amz jp sent it two days early to people- score :)[LS]

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (but certainly nothing major, so glance through at speed and it will be fine)

You start by reading a picture book that one of your shipmates had written about the story in windwaker. Then people in the ship start talking about people being stolen by a ghost ship....then what a surprise a heavy fog forms and a ghost ship appears...Tetra refuses to be scared by it and jumps on board the ship - then you hear her scream - and watch her get carried into a vortex.
Links tries to save her and clings on to the edge of the ghost ship, but falls into the sea

Later he is on a beach, awoken by Shera (a fairy). You head off to meet the fairy's father who apparently knows about the ghost ship. He says the ghost ship is very dangerous and is afraid to tell you much about it...then he tells you to meet (hm...forgot his name...its the dodgy guy that ends up following link everywhere - as he is trying to get his hands on the treasure in the ghost ship).
Unfortunately the bridge was broken by an earthquake, so you have to go the long way around - through a cave with monsters in...Which means you have to get a sword - luckily shera's grandfather had one in his store room - but to open the store room you need to "write a number...and something to do with trees on the beach"
So I then went and counted the trees and when I scribbled 7 onto a board next to the door... the door opened- score!.

Then the grandfather decides to teach you how to use a sword, and off you go through the first cave. After that you reach the east end of the island, where you find out the guy you were looking for is missing. They tell you he went to the temple of the sea god, which is a cursed place which drains the life force out of people who go there.

They tell you whatever you do DON'T go there, so naturally you have to go, and you find a guy trapped in the temple, surrounded by spikes. In the temple there are "safe zones" where you don't lose life. Anywhere else slowly drains your life, a 1/4 of a heart at a time. Save the guy, and he says his leg is twisted, otherwise he would have been fine, then he tells you to find the treasure at the end of the Temple, which is a map.

The map is "not smooth", so when you rub your stylus over it, behold a marking appears at the island you have to go to next. So then off to Fire Island you go, where you find a fortune teller who managed to lock herself in a room as monsters had attacked her home. You have to call her using the DS microphone, then she asks you to help her, saying her apprentice knows how to open the door - so off to find the apprentice, who had died and turned into a ghost. He tells you to find the 3 lanterns and mark then on your map to open the door.
....and that's where I'm at.

END SPOILER

Yes the game is amazing - all in game graphics, so no pre-rendered awesomeness like in Revenant wings or Metroid, but still the cut scenes use both screens and the in game graphics are probably the best on the DS so far!!!
The sound is as usual lovableZelda tunes, and the gameplay is all done by using the touch screen. The characters expressions change rather than being plastered on, which is pretty cool for the DS and as expected for a DS; there are literally no load times .

That's all for now, I am only just into my adventure and am about to set off on a real one in south america next week, so bye for now, but I will post my furthur impressions as I progress.

What I can say is that this game is a little gem that reeks of quality in every aspect, and I am very confident that the new inclusions will give Zelda back it's throne. The controls work amazingly well after a couple of hours play and having fun with it .

It would seem Tingle has....... dont wanna ruin it for the masses :), get your pre orders in NOW!, cos this game rules!

Linkyshinks, London U.K

Off 2 Peru in a couple of days, May end up finishing the game in Macchu picchu ! :) [LS]

Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
Does the *** version of the game have an English language option?
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linkyshinks

Hell no, if it did you would probally have the game yourself now. :lol:

Sorry to say, but you guys may have to wait 5 months if not 6!

The loose translation of the name of the first boss is Blaze, you have to drag all three of his incarnations into one body using Brang and then attacking with vigour ( soo rewarding with the stylus ).

SPOILER [defeating the first boss [Blaze] with classic Zelda logic]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jLjM_04x_k&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecubed3%2Ecom%2Ftopic%2F23468%2F1%2F [LS]

Will post more when I can.

Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
Add Spoiler^^
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 linkyshinks
Yeah I am going to post a warning at the start of the thread also, I would not wish to ruin this fine game for anyone, there is no way i will post critical info. [LS]
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 linkyshinks

Lol, true, still the best series that has never been in dispute, just the stature of TP in the series and the wider gaming context.(another debate-oh no)

I will post some footage of village life (best ever in a Zelda series imo) and some sailing bits tomorow at around 2:00pm GMT [lunch break]

Till then [LS]

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

I shall make an update on the front page in regards to this thread tomorrow, as it provides a more in depth look into Phantom Hourglass. Currently, I keep getting html errors, so I can't make any updates today.

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 linkyshinks

OK lads, more videos, NO spoiliers- Yayz!

Enjoy :)[LS]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCU43F_6Mws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmXVgdavjc

Loving the game, really enjoying it, cannot stop playing.

JimBurber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 JimBurber
Member since 2006 • 871 Posts
Why must you taunt and torture us?!?! WHY!?!?! haha, 5 or 6 months? geeeeeze, I can't wait that long
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 linkyshinks

I am off to Peru later today so may not be able to update this, sub on my YT account and watch out for my updates in the mean time. There are now loads of videos posted by others on You Tube, some of which have no spoliers like this one of the intro sequence of Tetra getting aboard the ghost ship-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puuTwEexues

Beware what you watch though, as some are posting things you would not want to see. I am now deep into the game and it's getting better all the time, it has a great story to tell. [LS]

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gary_Jinfield

I wasn't sure where to post this (there were already several previews posted on the main page), but here is GameSpot's preview of Phantom Hourglass.

This is sort of the official thread for Phantom Hourglass it seems.:P

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 linkyshinks
With that being the case I have amended the title, Hi from Lima ! [LS]
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
i can't wait for this game to come to america!
Mega-seon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mega-seon12
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

Hello

Mega-seon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mega-seon12
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

Hello

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gary_Jinfield

Hello

Mega-seon12

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda Union!

Glad to see you have joined our humble union, although this thread is better for introductions.:P

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

Kind of the wrong thread to introduce yourself, right? :lol: Welcome anyways though :P

And by they way...

Does the Phantom Hourglass seem similiar to any other Zelda games? (Meaning the Ocarina of Time VS. Twilight Princess similarities). Like does it have similar bosses or anything, because I am so getting this game reardless :lol: