Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Sure, there has yet to be any word on a live action movie, yet it may become a reality in the future. Would anyone be interested in seeing such a movie if Nintendo released it? Would Nintendo butcher the series in translation similar to the Super Mario Bros. movie, or could it actual work despite the negative track record? Or would they simply be better off making a more CG type movie such as the Final Fantasy Advent Children or not bother with a movie at all?

There simply are quite a few questions in regards to the subject...

Personally, I would think that a live action movie could be possible and could be done well, although it could also go rather terribly as well...

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I personally think it would be best not to make a Zelda movie at all. Videogames and movies are quite different, sacrifices and changes must be made in order to convert one into the other.

However, if I had to choose between a CG movie and a live action movie, I would definitely go with the CG one. I have seen Zelda movie trailers made by fans before on Youtube and as serious as they were, I just can't help but crack up. :lol:

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I would prefer it if none were made. Although I agree that it could be done well, the chances of it being done shoddily are much more likely. If the film were not made in CGI, it would require a very large budget to be of good quality, plus I'm not sure how much of a story you could get out of the film.

The Zelda series is known for it's exploration and gameplay, not it's storyline or action packed combat which are the two most important aspects of movies. Link doesn't talk in the games so they have a choice of breaking that aspect of him or making the movie less immersive with the main character expressing himself through grunts and yells.

Overall, if it turns out to be an exceptional movie, I believe it would be so different from the norm of the series that it might as well not be based around Zelda.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I too would have to say no to Zelda being a movie, but if it had to, I'd rather it be an CG Movie on DVD, because I can't imagine an actor like Ben Affleck or Tom Cruise being Link. :?
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

WEll ahemm, have you seen this? :P

http://www.gamespot.com/users/angelbless/video_player?id=cCczwTH75b4MvTHa

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

angelbless

That's the video I was talking about. It cracks me up :lol:

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

I too would have to say no to Zelda being a movie, but if it had to, I'd rather it be an CG Movie on DVD, because I can't imagine an actor like Ben Affleck or Tom Cruise being Link. :?DJ-Lafleur

orlando bloom who played legolas in lord of the rings would be good! he's already good with swords

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
[QUOTE="angelbless"]

NWA_31

Wow...WTH? :lol:

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="angelbless"]

DJ-Lafleur

Wow...WTH? :lol:

Thats a fan made movie though.:P (There are quite a few great fan made movies out there though, as chronicled in this list.)

I'm talking about a hollywood production of sorts.

Although there are various obstacles for a Zelda movie, I keep thinking of the Lord of the Ring movies and their immense quality and success. If the director of a Zelda movie took a similar approach...

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]I too would have to say no to Zelda being a movie, but if it had to, I'd rather it be an CG Movie on DVD, because I can't imagine an actor like Ben Affleck or Tom Cruise being Link. :?imnotwhite

orlando bloom who played legolas in lord of the rings would be good! he's already good with swords

I think he could do it very well, he looked very similar to link there, and he managed to use the sworsds and the bow very well :P

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]I too would have to say no to Zelda being a movie, but if it had to, I'd rather it be an CG Movie on DVD, because I can't imagine an actor like Ben Affleck or Tom Cruise being Link. :?angelbless

I think he could do it very well, he looked very similar to link there, and he managed to use the sworsds and the bow very well :P

And legolas was an elf! and link's an elf...hylian...thing (sometimes referred to as human)
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]I too would have to say no to Zelda being a movie, but if it had to, I'd rather it be an CG Movie on DVD, because I can't imagine an actor like Ben Affleck or Tom Cruise being Link. :?imnotwhite

And legolas was an elf! and link's an elf...hylian...thing (sometimes referred to as human)

Or they could just use an unknown actor.:P

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 UNOwen802
Member since 2006 • 2935 Posts
I would like to see a movie attempted. It's not like a horrible movie will ruin the series. Mario is still going strong. LoZ has already been turned into a bad Saturday Morning cartoon, so it's not like it would be the first. If any director could pull it off, would want Speilburg. Good track record of epic movies of all sorts. But, then again, a CG movie is more inclined to stick to the original story. It had better be a big budget film, though.
-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

angelbless

Nope, haven't seen it yet.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gary_Jinfield

I would like to see a movie attempted. It's not like a horrible movie will ruin the series. Mario is still going strong. LoZ has already been turned into a bad Saturday Morning cartoon, so it's not like it would be the first. If any director could pull it off, would want Speilburg. Good track record of epic movies of all sorts. But, then again, a CG movie is more inclined to stick to the original story. It had better be a big budget film, though.UNOwen802

Naturally, a ton of money is required ether way.

Although money alone does not ensure a quality film...

-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
If there is one, I be sure to watched it.
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UNOwen802

Gary_Jinfield
True. Money alone does not ensure a good move. However, on the other hand, if the director is forced to cut corners because of budget, the movie simply won't be as good as it could possibly be.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

UNOwen802

True. Money alone does not ensure a good move. However, on the other hand, if the director is forced to cut corners because of budget, the movie simply won't be as good as it could possibly be.

Although a limited budged may inspire a greater level of creativity. For instance, a great deal of the items and such in Reservoir Dogs such as Mr. Blonde's boots, Mr. Pink's pants, and the clothing of Nice Guy Eddie and Joe were provided by the cast members themselves.

Working around problems may cause a more positive result than if the problem never existed in the first place.

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UNOwen802

True, but I feel such a claim relies more on luck than anything else. They were lucky to have such objects. Personal experience dictates that, although luck can occur at opportune moments, it cannot be planned upon, and, therefore, cannot be relied upon. Besides, if one doesn't have to think, "How are we going to make this work?" more creativity can be placed in the actual script.

By the way, feel free to quote that dictation on luck for your sig. :P

mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

It would be average at the very most.

Like all other game-to-movie films.

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UNOwen802

Or, if done well, it could be the very first awesome game-to-movie ever made. Think about it like that! The first step to a great movie is a script. Well, if there was going to be a movie made about Windwaker, I've found a likely script. It takes a few liberties, but nothing that can't be overlooked. Still, it's worth a look.

Indie Zelda: The Windwaker