Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
Chapter 1: The Beginning 

The sun set on the kingdom of Hyrule and cloaked it in darkness. The gates creaked shut and the town went quiet. Times had changed for Hyrule in these last fifteen years, it had seen its fair share of war and evil had come and gone. Tyrants were overthrown and heroes returned to the lives they had given up all those years ago. The Golden Land is safe from the hearts of mankind; it is sealed by magic so powerful and foolproof that it may never break. Even though this is true, Ganon is not an ordinary man. His return, how ever unlikely, is not impossible.

Ever since that legendary day, peace spread throughout the land, uniting the peoples of the world in friendship. They came together like never before, and all of the peoples reached the dawn of a new golden age. Prosperity was to be had by all, even the Gerudo. The once barren desert seemed less harsh, the seas were calmer and Death Mountain stopped erupting. The world was finally at peace. Armies were dissolved, friendships were forged, and the meaning of the wars of the past faded into myth.

All was not as it seemed. Men never abandon war, they simply wait for another opportunity. The time had come for the land to be soaked in blood. What better time to start a war than in a time of peace?

Darkness cloaked the men of the desert as they made their way to the city. The gate could not hold them, nor could the few guards left. No alarm was sounded and the people were unprepared for an attack. They were dragged out of their houses and forced into the town square. Their suffering filled the night sky.

Zelda awoke with a start. Her people cried into the night, calling for help that would never come. Neither her nor her kingdom could face whatever threat this was. Hyrule was far too weak and it was much too late to stop them. There was so little hope.

“Zelda! We must get to the catacombs at once!” shouted a group of castle guards. They were young, perhaps too young to face what was coming. They had never seen anything like this before and their eyes were full of panic.

“I will wait for Impa, protect the rest of the royal family.” She knew who was coming, but she had hoped her magic would have trapped him for the rest of both of their lives. She didn’t want anybody to die for her, not today, or ever again. Should she get the hero? Could he raise his sword and defend the land again? Impa would know what to do, she always did. Zelda ran to her room seeking the comfort only Impa could give her. What she found made her fall to her knees.

Impa was dead; her head was on the floor beside her.

“Princess, this is the dawn of a new day for Hyrule,” said a man’s voice.

“You monster! How can you be so cold Ganon? You have no heart, no soul!” cried the princess. Tears began to roll down her cheeks. She cried for more than herself. Her people suffered, and the one woman that was like a mother to her had died. She turned to look at the face of her killer, only to see one she did not recognize. Ganon did not stand before her.

She gazed at his face. If she saw him any other day she would have thought he was some sort of hero. He was handsome with black hair and dark skin. He must have come from the desert. Had a new king been born? That was impossible, yet she could stop from wondering. He was covered in a blood red breastplate with a gold design on it, black gauntlets, greaves, and black pants. He wasn’t that much older than she was, but he already had the beginnings of a beard on him. It seemed so strange that he would be the end of her.

Chapter 2: Hope

“Silly child, I am not the King of Evil, or at least not the man you call Ganon,” he replied. “Ganon is still in the holy realm and he will remain there until the bonds of your feeble magic wither away. Now, come with me, your life doesn’t end in this room. I want you to see something first.” Without saying another word, he dragged her over to a window facing the plaza and the Temple of Time.

He may have said something, but it never registered to her. She saw the people of Hyrule scattered around the town square, all dead or dying. The men all wore armor as black as their souls. They didn’t have any marking for any nation Zelda knew of. They all had various types of weapons ranging from swords to axes to spears. Their faces were hidden under silver or black masks. If it was not for their shining weapons and the blood splattered all over them, they wouldn’t stick out from the darkness. They were showed no mercy when they tortured people; it was fun to them in some twisted way. They were unlike anything she had ever seen before. What was behind them was even worse.

Her eyes finally shifted to the temple, and she noticed that it was on fire. A few moments later, it collapsed, sending ash down on the city. It was then that she realized that Hyrule might not make it out of this in one piece. One lone man ran out of the smoldering ruin carrying come sort of package. Zelda finally turned to the man behind her and said, “Is this what you want? All this death and destruction?”

“I never started this war. Long ago, my people suffered at the hands of one of your kings.” he replied.

“Your people? Even if that is true, this is heartless and cruel!”

“My people come from the most ravaged part of the earth, deeper in the desert than most animals go. King Maximus of Hyrule and the Zoras forced us there long ago. I do this for them; I do this for their freedom. I am tired of seeing us suffer.”

“We could have given you shelter, food, anything to avoid war! Stop this!”

He said nothing; he simply stood there looking at the carnage below. She thought she saw a tear roll down his cheek, but it couldn’t be. Moments passed in silence until there was a knock on the door. “Enter,” he whispered.

A man came into the room, handed him something wrapped in cloth then left. Her eyes widened in horror, it was the Master Sword. “And now princess, you have only moments left to live, I—” he was cut short by a loud noise in the hallway. There was some sort of fight; perhaps it was the guards coming to save her. Then she heard a man shout, his voice sounded so familiar to her, like one in some forgotten memory.

The Hero of Time kicked down the door and went after the caped man as soon as he saw him. The man dropped the wrapped sword and drew his own. It was a shining silver sword with red letters covering the blade. They locked blades and Zelda couldn’t help but be afraid. If this man could take control of this kind of army, he must have been skilled more than any other man in the land. Link’s first attack sent him flying across the room. The man couldn’t keep up with his expert swordsman skills. Link had nothing to worry about.

His swordsmanship was beyond anything she had ever seen, but the man was able to avoid any serious injury. Link fought with god like grace and speed, he parried and dodged attacks from every angle. Link aimed a thrust at his head, but the man ducked it and then tried to stab Link’s stomach. Link spun back then hit the man in the face with his shield, breaking his nose. Blood streamed down his face. Link never let down his attack or his guard, he pressed him and gave no rest to the other warrior. He fought for more than just the princess; he was the sole hope of Hyrule.

“Enough games,” said the man. The engraving on his sword began to glow red. His eyes narrowed and he got ready to fight.

His speed increased tenfold. Link ducked a horizontal slash, but his hat was cut. He went up with a vertical slice but the man leaned to the side and dodged it. He swept Link’s feet out from under him. Link rolled to the side, but he was too slow. The silver sword slid through his stomach. Link’s eyes darted to Zelda, he spat up blood and his eyes shut. The hero had fallen.

She couldn’t speak. This had to be a dream, it wasn’t possible, Link couldn’t die---he was the Hero of Time!

“And now princess, I want you to realize that your people have no more hope,” he said in a low rasp between pants. He put his sword into the scabbard and got the other one. He then dropped it on the ground, flattened his palm and muttered a few words. A ball of light shot out of his hand and hit the sword, shattering it. The Blade of Evil’s Bane was no more. “They are just like mine. Hell awaits our souls, but yours will go there first. Know that I am not heartless; I just do what I must. The royal line must be broken tonight, for if it continues one much worse than I will come to this land. Forgive us.” His knife then slid through her throat. She fell to the ground dying, who could save the people now?

The land was without a guardian, a leader, and its most powerful weapon of all.

Chapter 3: Fallen Kingdom

“Wake up child, it’s time to save your world. Shed no tears for the dying, remember them only in fondness, they will never truly be gone unless you forget them. Stay strong and never fear for we will never leave you. The gods themselves are on your side. Always remember there is hope.”

These words echoed through the hero’s mind when his eyes opened. What had happened? Why was he here? Men grunted outside and the building seemed to shake. Stones fell all around him and smoke started to filter through the door. They were destroying the castle! When his eyes darted around the room in search of the exit, he noticed that there was a body on the floor. Zelda was dead. And then it all came rushing back to him, Zelda, the man, the army, and his death. Hatred mixed with fear and curiosity within him. Link wanted justice, but he wanted to find answers more than anything. What terrible power had this man found?

The room shook even harder; there was no time for this now. He dashed to the door and slipped on some shiny thing on the floor. The Master Sword was shattered.  The sword had been a symbol of justice; with it evil could never prevail. It couldn’t stay here so he took it with him. Even a shattered sword still has its worth, and the blade could be repaired. Deep down, he knew he would need it again. The door was only a few feet away and beyond it, the empty hall.

There were no guards, just bodies and the scent of blood mingled with sweat. The castle itself didn’t have that much time left and Link knew it. His muscles ached, but he had to run faster and push himself harder. There was this strange strength that kept him going, it was like he was drawing power from something else. Whatever gave him back his life was still with him. He kept sprinting until he reached the main gate, which was closed. Always a step ahead, Link pulled out his bow, the gate could be burned down. Drawing on the magical power of the gods, he shot some fire arrows at it and started hitting it. The wood splintered and broke, showering Link with light from outside. He had to get to safety as fast as he could, there were too many guards for him to fight around here. He needed to be fast and quiet. Unfortunately, stealth was never something Link was good at.

There was no way for him to cross the open meadow without being seen and he couldn’t stay here. This was true, but Link wouldn’t have to worry about it. He was seen by a small group of soldiers before he even moved. Luck certainly wasn’t on his side today.

These soldiers were different from the ones he fought earlier. They wore red armor, black swords and horned helmets or detailed facemasks. None of their skin was exposed at all. Their swords were silver and some had gems on the hilt. One of them stuck out from the crowd, he wore entirely different armor and a cloak.

This cloaked soldier was the most interesting; because he looked nothing like the others. Under his cloak, he had light black chain mail instead of the far heavier armor of the others. A dark aura surrounded him; he must be of some great importance. His sword was gold with an emerald on the hilt. He had silver greaves and his gauntlets were gold with black edges. He raised his head and looked into Link’s eyes. His eyes glowed as red as blood. When he looked at Link, he stared into the very depths of his soul.

“Surrender,” said the cloaked soldier. “Do you know whom before you stand?”

Link gave no reply; he drew his sword and cut down the first soldier he could reach. Link took no chances with him, so he cut off his head. There was no blood, only black sand. As shocked as he was, Link couldn’t stop here. The cloaked soldier laughed and never drew any weapon. Link cut down another soldier, then another and another. They fought well, but Link had fought much stronger foes. They couldn’t keep up with him, but the cloaked figure could be a different story entirely. His laughter drowned out every other sound. The world around Link turned black and started to spin when the sand began to swirl around him. He couldn’t breathe or see and he was at the mercy of this man.

“We can never truly escape death. We all have our prisons,” he said.

Link paid no attention to him; he knew his end was near. He fell to his knees gasping for air and struggled to no avail He finally collapsed and gave in to the darkness. The last feeling he felt was warmth from the sun. He even heard Zelda’s voice, saying:

“The gods never leave the chosen alone. Go forth hero, save your people.”

A cold breeze brought him to. He somehow got out of the castle and was in the middle of the field. Link realized that the gods saved his life, not once, but twice and that Zelda had given him her strength. They wouldn’t let him die so soon. With what seemed like the last bit of his energy, he took out his Ocarina and called Epona. While he waited for her, he took a look around the field. It was never this empty or quiet; there weren’t any people at all out here. Karakiko was probably fortifying itself now. When the battle came, Link would be there, but he needed some sort of help with him. The horse would come and they would go to safety. But where would that be?

The Kokiri couldn’t fight and Link didn’t want to endanger them after all they had done for him. Kakariko was probably under lock down and the ranch looked deserted. The only way to Death Mountain and the Gorons was through that city, so all that was left was Zora’s domain. They were his only hope. Perhaps they could get word to the Gorons for him. Epona arrived and off they went.

IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

I'll be happy to proofread and edit for you

Send it to me at: sani070@aa.edu

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sig12047

Chapter 4: Hyrule Unites

“Queen Ruto, it has been quite some time since I saw you last. I am sorry to hear about your father’s death,” said Link.

“Link, it is too bad you waited this long to come back to me. I always felt we were meant to be. My father has gone on to the place of his ancestors, I am happy for him. This matter of the invaders, however, is troubling indeed,” she replied. “I am not certain on how to handle this, but the Zoras have secretly kept an army ever since Ganon fell. I will send men out to contact the Gorons. If Hyrule can fall so easily, this will be quite a battle.”

“Have you ever heard of this kind of army? They seemed to have come from the desert, but they were not the Gerudo.”

“Our legends tell of a great war between the people of the scorched earth and the deep seas, thousands of years in the past, even before the wars that put an end to the troubles between our races. These people were driven back to the farthest reaches of the desert, never to be seen again.”

“As for their king? Could he be Zelda’s killer?”

“We have almost no records of that time and I doubt anybody else does. Their king may have gone with them, but we have no way of knowing. Our artifacts just refer to him as a great warrior and king. As for Zelda’s killer, his identity will be revealed soon enough.”

“Rest tonight Link, you have been through more today than most men do in a lifetime. Our messengers will return in the morning. Follow me to your room.”

Link’s eyes closed as soon as his head hit the pillow. His body was exhausted after everything he had done, but he felt that he could never really run out of strength. Zelda would always be with him.

Well after noon, Link finally got up and ate. The messenger came to him and told him the Gorons were still safe and they were heading this way. If he could reach the Gerudo, they could form an army and destroy the invaders. Moments later, Link was gone.

When he reached the desert, all he found was sand, blood and a ruined city. Buildings had crumbled and fell into the streets and bodies were strewn across the ground. It looked like the invaders marched through here on their way to the castle. The Gerudo must have fought well because there were far more dead invaders than there were Gerudo. Link made his way around town looking for survivors, but he found none. He knew that more people lived here than there were bodies; perhaps some had made it out alive after all.

“Never fear hero, my people live to see another day. Tell us where to fight and we will be there,” said a voice Link had not heard in quite some time. Nabooru and her people had survived.

“How many of you are left?” he asked her.

“They hit us hard, we lost about a third of our ranks, but we can still fight,” she replied.

“I’m impressed, you held out against them. Did you learn anything about them? Can you tell me where they came from?”

“It is written that in ages past, men traveled to the desert in search of new lands to conquer and rebuild. They had been driven back by the other Hylians and their king would never rest until he got the power he wanted.”

“Ruto told me he was a great warrior, how was he as a king?”

“He was a fantastic swordsman and strategist, but he was ruthless when it came to getting what he wanted. He even drove his own brother against him.”

“How? And what were their names?”

“Their names are lost to history and tradition, but his brother couldn’t stand by and watch him hurt their own people. The brother was also a skilled warrior, and he was a just and fair king. Other than that, our legends refer to him as willing to go to any end to help and aid his people.”

“And how to the Gerudo fit into all of this?”

“We may have been a tribe of women that went out on its own, no scholar is really sure. But Link, I think we must set out soon, they could be back any time.”

Link nodded together they led the people to Zora’s domain. With that, another piece fell into place. Hyrule was almost ready to strike back.

Chapter 5: Brothers

Zora’s Domain was filled with the smiling faces of friends. Link wanted to see them all, but he had no time to socialize. He needed to see Darunia as soon as he could. Only a handful of people knew anything about these invaders, and he was one of them. He found the king in the corner of the royal guest chamber.

“Greetings brother, it has been quite some time,” said the Goron.

“Yes, it’s been far too long since I saw you last. We can save the catching up for another day, I need you to tell me about that army, there is far too much we still don’t know.”

“Ah, in order to face something, we need to know what it is. Ancient Goron lore tells us that they are descendants of a tribe of Hylians that was lost to the desert thousands of years ago.”

“Why were they in the desert?”

“This was during the period of the warring states, no nation or tribe was at peace. Men simply roamed the lands just to fight. This continued for thousands of years until the king of Hyrule put a stop to it and everybody seemed to forget about all the blood that was spilled. ”

“Darunia, who are they?”

“Link, you mean to tell me that they don’t seem familiar to you? They are the Sheikiah; Impa’s murder wasn’t a mere coincidence. She knew far too much about them and if she escaped, she could have told you everything. The Sheikiah don’t look kindly on any person that mingles with the enemy. No race, save for them, is still hostile to any other one over the ancient wars.”

“That’s impossible, they are dead, Impa was the sole survivor of that race.”

“No, they were lost in the sands of time itself. The world forgot about them, and no more attention was paid to them. Impa and any other remaining Sheiks in Hyrule were either the descendants of slaves, prisoners of war or deserters or some other tribe. However, no sheik lived past that night, of this you can be certain.”

“The sheikiah are expert fighters, it is likely none of us will live past the coming fight, but we must never lose hope. Now, go rest, we set out in just a few days. I just hope Kakariko has that much time left.”

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
Sure man, i will help you, althought english not my mother language...i can help as i can ;)
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dafuzzaymonkay
Member since 2005 • 5961 Posts

couldn'twe make like a short story thread weher each of us added a little bit to it that way everyone could lend a hand

if not im in anyway

cps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 cps
Member since 2003 • 2899 Posts

Would anybody be interested in helping my write or proof read a story about Zelda? I'm thinking it would be set after OoT, about 14 years after Ganon was defeated. I know there have been various short stories around here before, but the Twilight Princess union started one and at the very least, it gives us another activity for the board. I can try to PM somebody a rough draft of what I wrote so far. Keep in mind I didnt proof read it or anything and its just a rough copy. Sig12047

I'm a writer, so...I'm in. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
deactivated-57d773fff2ce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#7 deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts
Pretty cool.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sig12047
I'm going to take a quick look at it then I will send it out to all of you. I know what direction I want to take it, but I cant write for all that long because it just seems to be less polished.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sig12047
Ok, I sent it to everybody. Let me know what you think and how you want to go about continuing it. Do not talk about whatever I stared at the end, we will need to figure out who will write next and some stuff.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sig12047

Moved to first post.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sig12047

Moved to first post.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sig12047
I hope you all enjoy these two chapters. I started work on the third, but it may not be done until the weekend. Thank you for the help proof reading, but I posted before I heard back from some of you. I hope we didnt miss some big mistakes. :)
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
Sorry man I haven't had a chance to read them but I will tonight. I don't have school tomorrow so I have some extra time. :D
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dafuzzaymonkay
excellent
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BurningDragoon
as i said in the PM's you got talent :D

I really like it man ;) good job.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sig12047
Hmmm...I probably should get working on the next chapter...
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
[QUOTE="Sig12047"]Hmmm...I probably should get working on the next chapter...

I've been reading your stories you sent me in the PMs for while, and looking at things to change, if you're fine with it.  I'm revising and editing it.  It'll give ya something to do while writing Chapter 3.  Hurry up and finish the 3rd!
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sig12047
[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] [QUOTE="Sig12047"]Hmmm...I probably should get working on the next chapter...

I've been reading your stories you sent me in the PMs for while, and looking at things to change, if you're fine with it. I'm revising and editing it. It'll give ya something to do while writing Chapter 3. Hurry up and finish the 3rd!

Sure, I need another proof reader. The third is done, but I like to go through it another time before I send it out. I changed the last one up quite a bit before I sent it out and posted it. The fight and the description of the army were new, so were some other things.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dafuzzaymonkay

[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] [QUOTE="Sig12047"]Hmmm...I probably should get working on the next chapter... Sig12047

I've been reading your stories you sent me in the PMs for while, and looking at things to change, if you're fine with it. I'm revising and editing it. It'll give ya something to do while writing Chapter 3. Hurry up and finish the 3rd!

Sure, I need another proof reader. The third is done, but I like to go through it another time before I send it out. I changed the last one up quite a bit before I sent it out and posted it. The fight and the description of the army were new, so were some other things.

well ill be waiting patiently but exitedly

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BurningDragoon
an advice, in future chapters we need a better description of the army :P

I still dont know what kind of creatures there are :P, but still it is cool cause it is misterious...just keep on :D

BTW i love the new villain :D
sonicshadowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 sonicshadowman
Member since 2004 • 4584 Posts
Wow cool story!
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nazguldragon15
Your new Chapter (3) is...okay.  I think you should put in more description of the army, and what they are doing.  Also some dialog between the soldiers, and what Link sees.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sig12047
[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]Your new Chapter (3) is...okay. I think you should put in more description of the army, and what they are doing. Also some dialog between the soldiers, and what Link sees.

Well, it's an inbetween chapter and I cut part of it out and made it into chapter four. I will work some more on them tomorrow, I'll send four out to be checked and I will post three. Cant have fights in every chapter. :)

Thanks for the feedback.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dafuzzaymonkay
i haven't seen three yet
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sig12047

Chapter is now in the first post.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sig12047
Chapter 4 will be sent out today as well.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dafuzzaymonkay
awesomeness
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sig12047
I'm also thinking about posting this in the other Zelda union. The TP union has its story, but I might as well put this up in the other one. It is a lot smaller than this union, but the more readers the better. 
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nazguldragon15
Chapter 3: Fallen Kingdom

“Wake up child, it’s time to save your world. Shed no tears for the dying, remember them only in fondness, they will never truly be gone unless you forget them. Stay strong and never fear for we will never leave you. The gods themselves are on your side. Always remember there is hope.”

These words echoed through the hero’s mind when his eyes opened. What had happened? Why was he here? Men grunted outside and the building seemed to shake. Stones fell all around him and smoke started to filter through the door. They were destroying the castle! When his eyes darted around the room in search of the exit, he noticed that there was a body on the floor. Zelda was dead. And then it all came rushing back to him, Zelda, the man, the army, and his death. Hatred mixed with fear and curiosity within him. Link wanted justice, but he wanted to find answers more than anything. What terrible power had this man found?

The room shook even harder; there was no time for this now. He dashed to the door and slipped on some shiny thing on the floor. The Master Sword was shattered. The sword had been a symbol of justice; with it evil could never prevail. It couldn’t stay here so he took it with him. Even a shattered sword still has its worth, and the blade could be repaired. Deep down, he knew he would need it again. The door was only a few feet away and beyond it, the empty hall.

There were no guards, just bodies and the scent of blood mingled with sweat. The castle itself didn’t have that much time left and Link knew it. His muscles ached, but he had to run faster and push himself harder. There was this strange strength that kept him going, it was like he was drawing power from something else. Whatever gave him back his life was still with him. He kept sprinting until he reached the main gate, which was closed. Always a step ahead, Link pulled out his bow, the gate could be burned down. Drawing on the magical power of the gods, he shot some fire arrows at it and started hitting it. The wood splintered and broke, showering Link with light from outside. He had to get to safety as fast as he could, there were too many guards for him to fight around here. He needed to be fast and quiet. Unfortunately, stealth was never something Link was good at.

There was no way for him to cross the open meadow without being seen and he couldn’t stay here. This was true, but Link wouldn’t have to worry about it. He was seen by a small group of soldiers before he even moved. Luck certainly wasn’t on his side today.

These soldiers were different from the ones he fought earlier. They wore red armor, black swords and horned helmets or detailed facemasks. None of their skin was exposed at all. Their swords were silver and some had gems on the hilt. One of them stuck out from the crowd, he wore entirely different armor and a cloak.

This cloaked soldier was the most interesting; because he looked nothing like the others. Under his cloak, he had light black chain mail instead of the far heavier armor of the others. A dark aura surrounded him; he must be of some great importance. His sword was gold with an emerald on the hilt. He had silver greaves and his gauntlets were gold with black edges. He raised his head and looked into Link’s eyes. His eyes glowed as red as blood. When he looked at Link, he stared into the very depths of his soul.

“Surrender,” said the cloaked soldier. “Do you know whom before you stand?”

Link gave no reply; he drew his sword and cut down the first soldier he could reach. Link took no chances with him, so he cut off his head. There was no blood, only black sand. As shocked as he was, Link couldn’t stop here. The cloaked soldier laughed and never drew any weapon. Link cut down another soldier, then another and another. They fought well, but Link had fought much stronger foes. They couldn’t keep up with him, but the cloaked figure could be a different story entirely. His laughter drowned out every other sound. The world around Link turned black and started to spin when the sand began to swirl around him. He couldn’t breathe or see and he was at the mercy of this man.

“We can never truly escape death. We all have our prisons,” he said.

Link paid no attention to him; he knew his end was near. He fell to his knees gasping for air and struggled to no avail He finally collapsed and gave in to the darkness. The last feeling he felt was warmth from the sun. He even heard Zelda’s voice, saying:

“The gods never leave the chosen alone. Go forth hero, save your people.”

A cold breeze brought him to. He somehow got out of the castle and was in the middle of the field. Link realized that the gods saved his life, not once, but twice and that Zelda had given him her strength. They wouldn’t let him die so soon. With what seemed like the last bit of his energy, he took out his Ocarina and called Epona. While he waited for her, he took a look around the field. It was never this empty or quiet; there weren’t any people at all out here. Karakiko was probably fortifying itself now. When the battle came, Link would be there, but he needed some sort of help with him. The horse would come and they would go to safety. But where would that be?

The Kokiri couldn’t fight and Link didn’t want to endanger them after all they had done for him. Kakariko was probably under lock down and the ranch looked deserted. The only way to Death Mountain and the Gorons was through that city, so all that was left was Zora’s domain. They were his only hope. Perhaps they could get word to the Gorons for him. Epona arrived and off they went.

Sig12047

I like your re-make on this chapter.  BTW, you've inspired me.  I'm writing a Metroid fanfic now, and it's pretty good.  Even if you aren't a Metroid fan, would you like to see it?  I'm not that far (half into the first chapter) I have school, and FE (one more chapter to go), and I'm writing a FAQ on FE.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dafuzzaymonkay
pick me
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sig12047
Thanks, I tried to move the plot along a little bit with that. And yes, I will read your Metriod fanfic. The GCN games were great. The chapters have been moved to the first post and chapter 4 is now up.
yigisina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yigisina
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts

Thanks, I tried to move the plot along a little bit with that. And yes, I will read your Metriod fanfic. The GCN games were great. The chapters have been moved to the first post and chapter 4 is now up.Sig12047

Just read chapters 3 and 4 and just want to say so far it's looking great, if I had a bit more spare time I could edit for you, I'm sorry that I can't, but I hope you find my future short feedback comments are useful. :wink: Keep up the good work. 

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sig12047
I didnt forget about this, I will try to write some more over the weekend.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dafuzzaymonkay
okay
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sig12047
Okay, I lied. I didnt work on it yet. :(
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sig12047
I wrote a little of Chapter 5, and I edited the first two. I will post them soon.
Avatar image for superduperme103
superduperme103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 superduperme103
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts
I think this story is really nice so far.
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
I don't like your story very much, because there's too much killing for me, but since I started it I want to read the rest, darn you. but other than all the killing I like the general story.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dafuzzaymonkay
killing yay im so immature
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nazguldragon15
[QUOTE="Sig12047"]I wrote a little of Chapter 5, and I edited the first two. I will post them soon.

You really need to hurry!  I'm not far on my Metroid fanfic, sorry.
tannernin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tannernin
Member since 2004 • 1374 Posts

couldn'twe make like a short story thread weher each of us added a little bit to it that way everyone could lend a hand

if not im in anyway

dafuzzaymonkay

good idea.
tannernin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tannernin
Member since 2004 • 1374 Posts
and your writing is really good.
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sig12047
[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] [QUOTE="Sig12047"]I wrote a little of Chapter 5, and I edited the first two. I will post them soon.

You really need to hurry! I'm not far on my Metroid fanfic, sorry.

:lol: I'll have it up sometime this week, dont worry. And thanks for the compliments. :)
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sig12047
Ok, I finished the next chapter, I will revise it then post it later.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nazguldragon15
[QUOTE="Sig12047"]Ok, I finished the next chapter, I will revise it then post it later.

I don't care, revised or not, but send it to me by PM quickly!!! I'm anxious to hear it. :D
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sig12047

Ok, I added a new chapter. Enjoy, I have to end this soon. I havent had any time to add anything.

sithlordJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 sithlordJ
Member since 2005 • 330 Posts

Dude, after you complete this story,someone should make it in zelda classic!!!

I mean,due limitations it would not be a full experience but it would be pretty cool!

(Any good programmer out there:Take this story)

PD:Zelda classic is a very complemented, free downloadable program to make a legend of zelda game yourself  commonly NES or SNES style,but if you know how to do it you can use any image you like!

download at www.zeldaclassic.com

dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dafuzzaymonkay
nice update
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sig12047
nice updatedafuzzaymonkay

Yeah, I'll get around to another one soon. :)
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dafuzzaymonkay
cool