If third party devs worked with Ninty for a new Zelda...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

Who would you want them to work with? Capcom had a few times on the GBC and GBA. And Namco (before Namco Bandai) did well with adding Link as a guest star in Soul Calibur II. Here's who I'd want/don't want and why:

Capcom?: Yes. They did well with the portable Zelda's, so why not?

Namco Bandai?: No. Despite them doing well with Link on SCII, their third party support with Nintendo's paltforms is garbage. Especially with the Wii.

Sega?: Yes. They never did a Zelda, but they did do well with working with Nintendo on F-Zero GX. And they have solid Wii support in terms of publishment.

I'll see if I can do a poll later, since I did one last night on another forum.

ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#2 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
I have no problem with Capcom working on the handheld Zeldas. They've done a great job with them so far, so why not let them continue? However I look at the console titles as the sheltered big brother, whose over-protective parents (Miyamoto and Iwata) keep in the house all the time so no sexual predators come along and kidnap their favorite child. The console titles will remain solo acts by Ninty. They're afraid that if they let someone else get in on it, the franchise will turn into that April Fool's joke IGN did a few years back.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

The only third party devs I would trust to properlly make a Zelda game include:

Capcom - They already worked on some Zeldas and did a fine job with them.

Konami - They have a great track record and are one of the third partys that I respect the most.

HAL Laboratories - They made Smash bros, that's a good enough track record for me.

Intelligent System - Between Advance Wars, Super Metroid, Paper Mario series, Fire Emblem series, Mario Kart super circuit. these guys know their stuff, though they are technically second party.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

I would prefer Nintendo just make the next Console Zelda, since they have been great with all the games so far. If someone helped though it would be Capcom because like you said, they have all ready made good Zelda games, I am sure they would make a great console game.

No Sega though. Their games are hits and misses at this time so I would not want them working on a franchise like Zelda. Yeah with Nintendo with them it would be hard for them to screw it up but then their last game Sonic And The Black Knight sucked bad according to IGN/Gamespot.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
I would love to see what third party developers would do for a new Zelda game. Capcom did OOA, OOS and MC, all of which were very different from the rest of the series.
VelociBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VelociBlade
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
I think Capcom and HAL Labratories are good third-party helpers for Nintendo. However, i'd love to see Retro Studios assist on a Zelda game.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
i think it would be interesting to see Capcom, or Suda51 work on a console Zelda game