if only twilight princess was released a little later.

Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts
Not saying the game is bad, I enjoyed it a lot but think about all they could have added for the wii version. Instead of having the shield automatically funtion when locked on they could have used the nunchuk and have the player hold it up like a shield to block. There could have been a magic meter and magic weapons, more interactive (but not gimmicky) weapon controls like the bow and arrow and hookshot, stabs, slices, or finishing wiimote controls (imagine holding the remote upside down and stabbing it down to kill an enemy or stabbing with the remote). maybe these will be used in the next zelda.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
I'm not sure what to think about this. If they had delayed the game any longer then they probably would have dropped the GC version, and since I only bought my Wii a couple months ago I would have been ticked off about that.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#3 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

Not saying the game is bad, I enjoyed it a lot but think about all they could have added for the wii version. Instead of having the shield automatically funtion when locked on they could have used the nunchuk and have the player hold it up like a shield to block. There could have been a magic meter and magic weapons, more interactive (but not gimmicky) weapon controls like the bow and arrow and hookshot, stabs, slices, or finishing wiimote controls (imagine holding the remote upside down and stabbing it down to kill an enemy or stabbing with the remote). maybe these will be used in the next zelda.kingofcosmos231

There is a lot of this I agree with, but I think that if Twillight Princess had come later, it would probably have been the only Zelda game on the wii. I would rather look at Twillight Princess as a GC game that is somewhat different, and just a little taste of the revolution we will see in the next Zelda game, which is bound to be legendary. It would be great to have the kind of fighting you talk about in the next game, especially if it uses the wii MotionPlus, so sword duels will depend on how you swing the wiimote, unlike in TP when a swing is a swing.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts

it's a gamecube game, the wii version is inferior, and not just because they didntspend enough time on it, it's like the ps2 version of re4, original is always better

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

It's true that Twilight Princess on the Wii was not as good as its Gamecube counterpart, but keep in mind that it was never built for the Wii. Nintendo only ported it at the last minute to further boost the sales of their new console.

TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

Your ideas are good, but if they implemented them, the game would have stayed in development for at least a few more months. They needed to get it out right away so they had a big name series to release with the Wii.

On the plus side, they might put these ideas in the new Zelda they're making.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
I'm still pissed off that they delayed the GC version for the Wii version. :x
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MaceKhan
I'm still pissed off that they delayed the GC version for the Wii version. :xSSCyborg
I'm not still pissed, but I was for awhile.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SSCyborg

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]I'm still pissed off that they delayed the GC version for the Wii version. :xMaceKhan

I'm just overall pissed at TP.

I expected so much, and I received so little. :(

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]I'm still pissed off that they delayed the GC version for the Wii version. :xSSCyborg

Alot of people feel that way. Maybe its because I didn't have the internet at the time so I wasn't exposed to the hype, but I wasn't disappointed with TP. While it could have been better, I got excactly what i had expected, a great Zelda game.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SSCyborg
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]I'm still pissed off that they delayed the GC version for the Wii version. :xMaceKhan

Alot of people feel that way. Maybe its because I didn't have the internet at the time so I wasn't exposed to the hype, but I wasn't disappointed with TP. While it could have been better, I got excactly what i had expected, a great Zelda game.

Wasn't the internet for me. TP was missing the unique charm that every Zelda game has. I had been hyped for this since it was first seen in Nintendo Power.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MaceKhan
LOL, I wasn't exposed to any hype at all, I mean none. And yes, I agree that it wasn't as great as we, as Zelda fans, have come to expect, but it was pretty good. The next one needs to be way better though*glares threateningly at Nintendo*.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I was right on board with the hype machine. I was really looking forward to that game. Although I got a very solid single player adventure game, I did not recieve anything legendary like what the Zelda series usually delivers. The series has been going steadily downhill recently. Wind Waker was the last truely amazing Zelda game, and some would argue that even WW wasn't that good.

I'm looking forward to these big changes that will be in the next game.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MaceKhan

I'm looking forward to these big changes that will be in the next game.

metroid_dragon
With optimistic caution:P.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#15 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Personally I do think TP is the best Zelda game so far - at least when it comes to gameplay and graphics. I have never quite understood why so many fans of Zelda games were disappointed.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MaceKhan
Personally I do think TP is the best Zelda game so far - at least when it comes to gameplay and graphics. I have never quite understood why so many fans of Zelda games were disappointed.waZelda
They were expecting something as legendary as OoT, of course that is a generalization and does not apply to everyone.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SSCyborg

[QUOTE="waZelda"]Personally I do think TP is the best Zelda game so far - at least when it comes to gameplay and graphics. I have never quite understood why so many fans of Zelda games were disappointed.MaceKhan
They were expecting something as legendary as OoT, of course that is a generalization and does not apply to everyone.

Short list.

-Appeared as a true sequel to OoT

-Darker looking Link game made it looks more awesome

-Appeared as a true sequel to OoT

ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
I had the GC version so I liked it better but than I sold my GC and everything I have with it and bought a Wii and SMG than after a while I bought TP.