waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Just throwing in a crazy idea. How about a Zelda game where you end up in a parallel universe where you have to save Hyrule from the evil king of Hyrule - accompanied by the powerful princess Zelda, and you need the help of the good and wise man Ganondorf and the noble people called Gerudoes? Would that be a twist that could be cool, or just crazy?
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
Interesting, it could work. But would we want it? Idk.
Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Odie20XX
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts

I thought Zelda was the wise one and Ganondorf the powerful one :P

It would be interesting to see how they would work this out but it would have to be made by someone else. Don't think Nintendo will touch this one :roll:

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waZelda

I thought Zelda was the wise one and Ganondorf the powerful one :P

Odie20XX

That is the whole point. The settings are switched. Now Zelda is the powerful one and Ganondorf the wise one. By the way, I see your point about nintendo not being the one to release it, and frankly a Zelda game that is not from nintendo would be completely wrong, so this is more of a thought experiment (if you use that term in English).

HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HylianHeart
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
Interesting concept. It might be do-able and ya never know, since Miyamoto said that TP was the last classic Zelda......
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
The only way I can see this being pulled off is if the writers from Knights of the Old Republic did the story. Otherwise I think we'd be too weirded out to enjoy it. And as for Miyamoto saying Twilight Princess is the last classic Zelda, that's just crazy. Nintendo has found a winning combination for Zelda that sells well. They won't get rid of that. Although that was a bit ambiguous. He might mean something else.
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HylianHeart
I'm still scared......:( I say if it ain't broke don't fix it and I'm afraid that they're gonna try to fix something that is not broke.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MaceKhan
The only way I can see this being pulled off is if the writers from Knights of the Old Republic did the story. Otherwise I think we'd be too weirded out to enjoy it. And as for Miyamoto saying Twilight Princess is the last classic Zelda, that's just crazy. Nintendo has found a winning combination for Zelda that sells well. They won't get rid of that. Although that was a bit ambiguous. He might mean something else.TheKrystalGame
I think when he said that he meant they were gonna change stuff like the interface and some of the puzzles, and probably the "beat three temples find master sword, beat four more temples and then kill Ganon" formula.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waZelda
I'm thinking it could mean there will be no more of the games that all have Gannondorf, Master Sword and Hyrule. The next game will probably take place when Link and Tetra and the rest of the crew finds the new land they set out to find. So we can expect new land, new enemies and new swords, kinda like in PH. I think it could be a good thing as well. The stories have become quite similar in a lot of games like ALttP, OoT and TP. I'm looking forward to see the new land they will find.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MaceKhan
I'm thinking it could mean there will be no more of the games that all have Gannondorf, Master Sword and Hyrule. The next game will probably take place when Link and Tetra and the rest of the crew finds the new land they set out to find. So we can expect new land, new enemies and new swords, kinda like in PH. I think it could be a good thing as well. The stories have become quite similar in a lot of games like ALttP, OoT and TP. I'm looking forward to see the new land they will find.waZelda
I wouldn't mind seeing some change either. Just not to much change, ya know what I mean?
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waZelda
Yeah, I know what you mean, though of course I can't know were you draw the line between enough change and too much change. But I guess noone would want to see Link go back to using spells instead of items like in AoL or something like that.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MaceKhan
They could make it an item like din's fire, or nayru's love from OoT, but I wouldn't want to see spells.
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HylianHeart
No more Ganon?! No more Hyrule?!?!? No more MASTER SWORD?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: That would be like getting rid of Bowser, the Mushroom Kingdom, and Mushrooms! I will cry like a baby if that's what they have decided.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MaceKhan
Who were you directing your post to?
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waZelda

No more Ganon?! No more Hyrule?!?!? No more MASTER SWORD?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: That would be like getting rid of Bowser, the Mushroom Kingdom, and Mushrooms! I will cry like a baby if that's what they have decided.HylianHeart

Nothing is announced yet, so noone can know for sure. Maybe they will still be in, but I think they could still make good games without them, as long as the hero, the princess and the "saving the world from evil" part of the game is still in.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="HylianHeart"]No more Ganon?! No more Hyrule?!?!? No more MASTER SWORD?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: That would be like getting rid of Bowser, the Mushroom Kingdom, and Mushrooms! I will cry like a baby if that's what they have decided.waZelda

Nothing is announced yet, so noone can know for sure. Maybe they will still be in, but I think they could still make good games without them, as long as the hero, the princess and the "saving the world from evil" part of the game is still in.

True, and if you think about it, the master sword was just another name for the magic sword. My point is, same thing, different name. So they could very well get another sword, name it something else, and have it do the same thing.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I'm still scared......:( I say if it ain't broke don't fix it and I'm afraid that they're gonna try to fix something that is not broke.HylianHeart

True, but when bread goes stale, it's pretty much the equivalent of being broken.

Unfortunantly, the same old Zelda formula is getting stale. I'll still get the next one regardless, but I would love to see something new.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="HylianHeart"]I'm still scared......:( I say if it ain't broke don't fix it and I'm afraid that they're gonna try to fix something that is not broke.metroid_dragon

True, but when bread goes stale, it's pretty much the equivalent of being broken.

Unfortunantly, the same old Zelda formula is getting stale. I'll still get the next one regardless, but I would love to see something new.

I'm pretty sure they will give us something new. I saw Twilight Princess as a stepping stone, Nintendo wanted to step out and do something innovative, but then decided that it was to far a step, they needed a safe bet for the Wii's launch, so they used TP as a stepping stone, in that there were a few new things, and hints at some things they wanted to do but didn't (whether that was becasue of the GC's hardware or because they wanted a safe bet I don't know). I believe that all the innovation that they didn't put in TP, plus more, will be in the next Zelda. Lets hope I'm right.