BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BGCD
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
My friend just recently started to get into the LoZ series, and he usually makes mistakes about the storyline, needs help in the games (uses guides to beat like 90% of the game) and all that. We kid around with that, and I call him an "unpure" Zelda fan, with me being "pure". I thought I knew everything about LoZ (especially OoT), and when he asked me any questions, I always had the answer. But these days, he started asking me questions and I don't really know how to answer them. Then I started wondering, am I really a "pure" Zelda fan? I've played every Zelda game, own all of them (excluding Zelda II and Link's Awakening), and have beaten them all except Link's Awakening.

So, in your opinion, what makes a truly "pure" Zelda fan?
NS_Sonic204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 NS_Sonic204
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts
*coughthatpersonbeingmecough*

Anyways, yeah, I use guides 90% time. XD

I hope this post doesn't kill the thread like last time..oh well.

IMO, you're pretty 'pure', I mean..
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DrumminDoc
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

Well a "pure" Zelda fan would be on here trying to figure those questions, cause some have no definitive answers for anyone that isn't Aonuma.

So what were those questions that you couldn't answer?

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Well I think a pure Zelda fan would have had to at least finished all the Major games of the series: 1, 2, ALttP, OoT, Played MM once, WW, TP and Attempted the rest with any 2 completed, these consist of the GB and FS games. I myself have a good memory of anything my brain finds important, my brain, not me. I've tried so hard to remember mathes but no my brain wont care. :P But my Zelda knowledge is pretty crystal Clear when it comes to every game but the first 2 games (havent played them 4 ages but i remember most things) and the oracle games which i have never played, but r on my to buy for a cheap price and game traders list, though i have read the story choice books and i still own them and read them at least once a year. So ask me some questions that u couldnt get
BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BGCD
Small things like who to give the Skull Mask to, and how to get Malon to take over the ranch again. >> Yeah, unimportant things, but they still made me wonder if there's people out there who actually know the games 100%.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 radicalplace
Probably the fans that take the game to far. That dont play any other games and sit on their ass all day playing them. And camping a month before the EB show just to see the Wii. 
NS_Sonic204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NS_Sonic204
So I'm an idiot if I play Zelda all day?

Right. Maybe I misread that, but >_>
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrumminDoc
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

The malon thing is easy you just have to get Epona, then to get Talon back you wake him up with the blue cucco. the skull mask is a little harder only because I forgot the exact names. If its the one that I think it is then you give it to a Skull kid after the first left turn. I think thats it cause the other one I'm thinking of is the scary mask that you give to the kid that's too cute in the graveyard.

Anyone that has played OoT more than twice could answer those questions with only limited trouble. So maybe you don't know Zelda as much as you could.

And any true Zelda fan would have at least played all Zelda games, if not beaten them, not excluding FS or any on the Game Boy, cause there is quite alot of good Zelda gaming in those too.

BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BGCD
Twice...? I've beaten that game like 7 times.
BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BGCD
*if I could edit my post I'd add this in*

I've beaten the game like 7 times, yeah. In my first playthrough, I got almost 100% (missed like 20 golden skultulas, but that's insane without a guide >> ), and in my every other playthrough, I've gotten only the necessary stuff to beat the game, and done a bit of the sidequests. I'm gonna download OoT on my Wii, since my N64 isn't working that good, and I'm gonna try to get all the sidequests so my memory is refreshed a bit.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
You are a "pure"  zelda fan when u have an excessive amount of zelda stuff and have beaten every game. From what you have said, it sounds like you are a noob.
NS_Sonic204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NS_Sonic204
So, just because he doesn't know every answer to every question then he's a noob?

Get a life.
BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BGCD
Actually, when you have an excessive amount of zelda stuff, it means you're obsessed. Do you mind explaining how I would be a noob? :| So when I have beaten one more Zelda game, I go from noob to pure? Yeah, great explanation. >.>
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zeldafreak4life

I didnt mean that i meant that if ur a fan. why are you asking this. You know you arent a noob and everyone else knows that becasue YOU ARE PART OF THIS UNION.  So no hard feelings, i just didnt explain myself clearly    -.-

( and nobody knows every answer to every question........) FYI

zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeldafreak4life

NS_Sonic204
and you contradicted yourself...........
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

[QUOTE="NS_Sonic204"]So I'm an idiot if I play Zelda all day?

zeldafreak4life
and you contradicted yourself...........

:lol: Lol, yeah :lol: Anyways, interesting that you brought that up about the whole "pure" thing. I've never really thought of it before but..... I'm pretty sure I'm in the middle :lol: I have every Zelda game including the one for NES or SNES and I've played them all including the Collector's Edition. I really love thier games but, how would you really rate yourself by knowing this? :?

ff3138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 ff3138
Member since 2005 • 1508 Posts
I don't try to remember Zelda information, one time on a history test, The question asked me to name a certian princess, I said Zelda!!
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeldafreak4life
And i bet you got that question wrong.........
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
And i bet you got that question wrong.........zeldafreak4life
:lol: I'd bet my life on it :lol: Unless of course it was a Zelda test :P :lol: Wow, I can so see one of my friends doing that :lol:
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 radicalplace

NS_Sonic204

OPk wut i meant was basically u get up every morning of the year, grab some chips and play Zelda till midnight after beating it more than once. When u first get ur hands on a Zelda game u have'nt played b4 it is allowed but after beating it you dont reply it every day for 16 hours for basically the whole year, while being over weight and still living with ur mother when u should of moved out years ago (excludes Teens and Kids) but you get my point. I cant play Zelda everyday of the year, unless they released a new game every week :D but considering its about every 1.5-2 years it just nerdy crazy, but u wood at least have 300 Zelda IQ. Eg Question: Name every monster and character and what attack/roll did they play in everygame of Zelda ever made.
ff3138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 ff3138
Member since 2005 • 1508 Posts
[QUOTE="zeldafreak4life"]And i bet you got that question wrong.........GamerGirlPwnz
:lol: I'd bet my life on it :lol: Unless of course it was a Zelda test :P :lol: Wow, I can so see one of my friends doing that :lol:

I got credit because my teacher is a LoZ fan.