ddman009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 ddman009
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
hey check out my blog that i did on my theory of the Zelda Timeline on my page. So check it out and leave a comment and tell me what you think
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts
.....and after you read that blog
coem check out my blog on my opinions and feelings toward the zelda franchise
ahaha
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

Very interesting timeline you got there... :? But with what I know on Zelda, I would have NEVER expected that :lol:

[Edit]

But your thoughts are very interesting and should be considered. They could be the truth ;)

Now, what will happen when other Zelda games are released? Where will they be placed? :o

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts

Now, what will happen when other Zelda games are released? Where will they be placed? :oGamerGirlPwnz

I'd Like to know as well.

Darth-Sifh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Darth-Sifh
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"] Now, what will happen when other Zelda games are released? Where will they be placed? :oDraggoonX12

They will fit it in somewhere. Worst comes to worst they could make a 3 alternate timeline. (Or it will be a dream, who knows)
DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]

[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"] Now, what will happen when other Zelda games are released? Where will they be placed? :oDarth-Sifh

They will fit it in somewhere. Worst comes to worst they could make a 3 alternate timeline. (Or it will be a dream, who knows)

Man it's funny how I get to talk to you in to union bourds:D But I would Prefer a Dream over alternate timeline.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Several things: (Twilight Princess Spoilers are present, along with spoilers for a host of other Zelda games)

Where is Four Swords on the timeline? Not Four Swords Adventures, but the Four Swords game that was included with the gba remake of A Link to the Past.

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons do not tell the full story unless the games are linked. They are meant to be played together consecutively which is why the two games were released at the same time. They are essentially one big game, which leads many to believe that they should in fact occur right after another on the same timeline, although the order doesn't really matter.

There is a more recent quote that supports the double time line theory which actually provides complete confirmation, stating that The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess occur on different time lines. I can't seem to find it at the moment though.

The Twilight Realm does not equal the Dark World. The Twilight Realm was a different realm entirely and worked differently then the Dark World. The Twilight Realm slowly corrupted Hyrule and actually existed in Hyrule, (for the first part of the game) while the Dark World was the Sacred Realm corrupted by evil and shaped in the image of Hyrule by Ganon, existing on a different plain entirely. (Although the Light World and Dark World were linked, despite existing separately. Furthermore, the Twilight Realm can only be entered through the mirror which was destroyed, while there are multiple methods of entering the Dark World.

Speaking of Ganon, he does not survive Twilight Princess. A sword in his gut and a snapped neck kind seemed to have finished him. We also see Ganon being sealed in the Twilight Realm in said Twilight Princess, so the Four Sword had nothing to do with that and it serves as further proof that the Twilight Realm existed before Ganon came into the picture.

Again in regards to Ganon, it seems to be a new one in Four Swords Adventures, which goes well with the ending of Twilight Princess if Four Swords Adventures is placed afterwards. It is even stated in Four Swords Adventures that the Ganon present is a demon reincarnated, makes sense considering Twilight Princess happened beforehand. He gains the Trident of Power and is permanently stuck in his pig monster form, a form seen in A Link to the Past as you stated, but also in the original Legend of Zelda and the Oracle games.

if Twilight Princess is placed after Majora's Mask, one can assume that the Ganondorf in the Young Link timeline that would still be at large would have been brought to justice, (thanks to Link and Zelda informing Hyrule of his plans) and we see said justice in Twilight Princess when Ganondorf is imprisoned in the Twilight Realm, but how did he survive that first sword? Well, we are told in Twilight Princess by the sages that had been present at the time that by some divine prank, Ganon had acquired the Triforce of Power, which gave him strength to survive the blow. Why was Ganon bestowed with a Piece of the Tirforce considering the Triforce had been undisturbed in that time line, who knows? Hence the divine prank really.

Ganon perishes at the end of the original Legend of Zelda and Twilight Princess and we only have one instance of a new Ganon appearing, which seemed to occur in Four Swords Adventures. We also have an instance of a Ganon being resurrected in a limited state, which is seen in the Oracle games in which he weilds the Trident and looks similar to the infamous pig form.

We never see Ganon in human form in Four Swords Adventures, perhaps it is due to the power of the Trident? That Ganon becomes stuck in the same pig form which is seen in A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening in a Nightmare version, Legend of Zelda, and the Oracle games. This is why it may be reasonable to assume that the games that featuring Ganon in this look for the whole duration of the game happened after Four Swords Adventures and in the same timeline.

I may be wrong with several of these points, but they are the most consistent and take the least amount of assumptions.

Still, your timeline had a number of valid points and I am particularly glad of the connections you made between Four Swords Adventures and A Link to the Past. No matter what the timeline theory, there will always be assumptions to be made, at least until Nintendo finally releases an official one.:P

ddman009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 ddman009
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

thanks for reading my theory and everything that you said could be true and not true much like mine. But i do believe that the Twilight realm and dark realm have some kind of connection between each other and some differences as will so who really knows.

Asfor ganon being defeated in TP with a sword through his chest and the neck snapwasn't from ganon but from Zant showing the bond between them and showing that ganon was defeated. Ganon seems to be defeated in all zelda games that have him as the villain but he seems to come back some way due to magic,sacrifice of just trying to be a pain in the ass. Ethe way we have no idea what is right or wrong so wei could have some right points and youcould have some right points or we couldboth be wrong...who knows

but thats again for the comments onmy blogthough i would of liked it better if it were commented on the blog page and not this union lol o we'll

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Where is Four Swords on the timeline? Not Four Swords Adventures, but the Four Swords game that was included with the gba remake of A Link to the Past.Gary_Jinfield

Well I've read that Eiji Aonuma considered this one to be the oldest in the timeline, although officially I believe the Minish Cap is actually the oldest game in the chronology. Neither Ganon Nor the Triforce were even mentioned in this game, and of course you have to take into account the fact that the monsters that have already existed in every other Zelda game were released at the beginning of this one.

There is a more recent quote that supports the double time line theory which actually provides complete confirmation, stating that The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess occur on different time lines. I can't seem to find it at the moment though.

I've heard of the split timeline theory as well, it's from an interview with Eiji Aonuma; Here is the interview, just hit ctrl-f + copy & paste "THE WORLD A HUNDRED YEARS AFTER THE PEACE RETURNED TO HYRULE".

http://www.thehylia.com/

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

It is still a rather large assumption to speculate that Ganon was revived or a new Ganon came without some indication brought on through the games, such as FSA or the Oracle games.

And that was the interview I was referring to metroid_dragon.:P