Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts

I read Hylian Dan's article "Message of Majora's Mask" and some ideas of my own came to mind about the creation of Majora's Mask and some other things as well. (I'll defend my points but please don't argue for the sake of argument. Also I don't know how Garo would be pluralized.)

The Kingdom of Ikana was divided and conquered by an invading nation comprised of the Garos. They had created the most powerful entity inside of a mask by performing rituals of black magic to transfer parts of their souls into the mask. Using Majora's Mask, they used its power to drain the soles of all who lived in Ikana. Having conquered this land, the Garos naturally claimed it for themselves. With the people of Ikana gone, the Garos began to build monuments devoted to Majora's Mask. Stone Temple was a product of their domination. Having defeated some of the greatest warriors in Termina, the Garos felt that they were powerful enough to challenge the gods. The stone tower was an affront to the gods, and was a sacred place for those who cherished Majora's Mask. Majora was no the mask to challenge the gods. The Garos created a new mask, the giants mask. Through rituals, they infused the mask with the power to make the wearer grow to a monumental size. The gods appeared to challenge the Garos, revealing themselves as female deities. The goddesses knew of Majora's Mask and used their power to make the spirit within the mask female as to remind the Garos that the goddesses of the triforce were all powerful. Soon after the encounter the Garos had erected monuments of a male figure with his tongue on the triforce to disrespectfully show that they believed males are superior, and the Garos would never except the goddesses. The goddesses answered with an all powerful mask containing the essence of a male to be the ironic, and ultimate demise of the Garos once cherished mask.

~ThrubeingCool13

thrubeingcool13
it doesnt make very much sense to me
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts
Is it in the lore of Majora's Mask that Ikana was built by the Garos ? Because I was under the impression that they were different people...
Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts
if the therory doesnt fit the games lore then its definitly not right....
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]Is it in the lore of Majora's Mask that Ikana was built by the Garos ? Because I was under the impression that they were different people...thrubeingcool13

i thought that the garos were the ones that defeated the people of ikana.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Sorry, I thought you said that Ikana was built by the Garos in your pos. :?

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 brick_player
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
wow from what i have read and played that all seem to make sense but idk who built what i have havent beaten the game yet im only to that bastard of a fish boss
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 brick_player
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
oh yea i knew how to hurt him i just forgott bout that sheild thing and tks now his ass is mine hahahahahahhahaha